View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Sep2404

Sep 24 04 - Sea Devils

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

Lorie has joined the game.

Lorie is now controling Kylia Wolfslayer

Lorie is receiving the map...

Lorie has received the map.

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[DM] hey Lorie

[DM] I am still setting things up around the house, so I will be by the screen every so often

[DM] let me know is there is anything I can do

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Hey Bob... I logged on since Paul and KID went to see the Pirates play tonight (no pun intended).... since no one else is logged on, I'll be playing a game. IM'me if you need anything. I have map and character sheet ready to go for tonight. Thanks ;)

[Lorie] I am away from the keyboard.

Jessica has joined the game.

Jessica has left the game.

Jessica has joined the game.

[Jessica] I am away from the keyboard.

mikE has joined the game.

[mikE] hey lorie!

mikE is receiving the map...

mikE has received the map.

BiBo!!! has joined the game.

BiBo!!! is receiving the map...

BiBo!!! has received the map.

[BiBo!!!] Alastair: Initiative:(d10+10+0) [2+10+0] 12

[mikE] Finglass: Suspended Animation: Right this way, Mr. Frye. (DC=(10+4) [10+4] 14)

BiBo!!! is now controling Alastair

[Lorie] I am back at the keyboard.

[Lorie] I am away from the keyboard.

[Lorie] I am back at the keyboard.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Hola... how are you this evening?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] dandaliscious

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Me too... I got 5 hours of sleep last night and none today...but my little sister came to visit :)

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so more sleep than usual then

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] yes... I didn't log on during the night to chat with anyone :)

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ;)

[DM] that is a good thing, having your sister there

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] any word on your job interview?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] not yet

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Her birthday was yesterday...which means... ::smacks forehead:: Happy Belated Birthday BOB!

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ha, yeah,

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Sorry about that...

[DM] thanks

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] With the floods here I lost track of days... ugh

[DM] no prob

[DM] it has been a werid thing

[DM] and now Nic's is off also

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] So where is everyone? Or are only the cool people playing tonight ::snicker, snicker, giggle, giggle::

[DM] they put all the animals away at Lion Country

[DM] so his party got canceled for tomorrow

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Ugh... poor thing.

[DM] grin

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I feel bad for him

[DM] Sean and Jess are on thier way

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] yep, it's the cool people tonight

[DM] Barb is working

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Jeanne is coming south or north now?

[DM] no word from Lior yet

[DM] she is heading west

[DM] will hit someone from Fort Pierce on down most likely

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I meant is she coming closer to West Palm or Farther north?

[mikE] Finglass: Charm Person or Mammal: How YOU doin'? (DC=(10+2) [10+2] 12)

[DM] and it is 100 miles wide now

[DM] so we will get something on Sunday no matter what now

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Ugh...

[DM] and they say we will get winds on Saturday afternoon

[DM] shrugs,

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Well hopefully the Hurricane will shake the Steelers into shape...

[DM] just another lost weekend

[DM] nah,

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] They left early because of the storm

[DM] remember that game a few years ago in all the rain down here?

[DM] all the flooding on the field

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::bobs head:: I do...

[DM] they might move the game to Monday night

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] We have some grumpy people here over the flooding...we aren't used to Hurricane/Tropical Storm like rain back to back...

[DM] yeah

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] our County and State officials are kicking it from everyone

[DM] and more to come

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] People lost homes..businesses and no sign of help...since our State is so poor

[DM] yeah, and Fema is all down here

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] One of the girls I work with lost the family home thats been in her family for 5 generations

[DM] sad

[mikE] that happened to us.

[mikE] my uncle guido sold the house my grandfather built out from under my grandma when grandad died

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Ugh...

[mikE] we don't talk to him anymore

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I saw where people from Charley in FL still don't have any help ...

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] That's just wrong

[mikE] palm beach just got all the electricity up.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I have to call my friend in Fort Pierce and see if she's going to leave again...

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Well we're going to get a late start tonight I guess....

[mikE] yup.

[mikE] so what's your vote on blue gill, lor?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I spose we can start whenever bob gets back

[mikE] potentate or sahuigan leader?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Kylia Wolfslayer: Fireball: Feel the fired wrath of Gobinhinu (10d6) [(1+5+5+3+6+5+5+6+1+3)] 40 (DC=(10+13) [10+13] 23)

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] A flip of the ol' kLoOge Coin results in: Heads

[mikE] er. shouldn't that be firey?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] shouldn't it be fiery wrath?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Potentate

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::nods:: I was checking to see if it updated. I caught the typo ...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] the potentate's too easy to blame, I still say it's the sahuagin

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] note to self

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] do not dimension door to her

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Kylia Wolfslayer: Fireball: Feel the fiery wrath of Gobinhinu (10d6) [(6+6+2+1+1+3+3+1+2+5)] 30 (DC=(10+13) [10+13] 23)

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] whoever her is

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] All better...

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Okay Marco... your choice...we'll get to them both, so wherever you want to start is fine by me

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Mike, any preference?

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[DM] I am just reviewing something to have the right answer for you

[DM] and then we will get started

[mikE] with food?

[mikE] i'm gonna die soon.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, unless we have anything to do in town, I guess we should start with the caves

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] player mike needs food badly

[mikE] my life is leaving me from lack of sustenance

[mikE] lol!

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Kylia Wolfslayer: Protection from Lightning: The weather isn't so nice today, let us avoid being struck by Lightning, shall we? (DC=(10+4) [10+4] 14)

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] OOOoooh.... ::scribbles notes::

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I see Brian just logged on...

[mikE] Finglass: Protection from Lightning: Yeah, I think I'll pass on the tin foil and coat hanger hat, thanks. (DC=(10+4) [10+4] 14)

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I'm going to grab some more water while ACD is still sleeping...she'll be up any moment now... BRB

[DM] feel free to practice away Lorie and Mike,

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Marco, order food and then head for the potentate...I think we have enough questions to ask...

[mikE] shouldn't there be another C at the end, lor?

[DM] and you can reset them before getting into play

[DM] we have food ordered

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] okie doke, foods been ordered

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ???

[Lorie] I am away from the keyboard.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] just waiting for it

Lorie has left the game.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] test?

Grug has joined the game.

[mikE] hey bri

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] curse you internet hiccups

Grug is receiving the map...

[mikE] we're about to go fing a kraken. you ready?

Grug has received the map.

[DM] only one fing, not all the fingers

[Grug] ok, sounds cool to me

Lorie has joined the game.

[mikE] let's get it oooon...

[DM] welcome back everyone

[Lorie] I am back at the keyboard.

[Lorie] I am away from the keyboard.

[Lorie] I am back at the keyboard.

Lorie has left the game.

Lorie has joined the game.

Lorie is receiving the map...

Lorie has received the map.

[DM] so

[DM] question the first

[DM] Marco

[DM] you go first

[DM] then Brian

[DM] you have the second question

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] potentate knows nothing about bluegill correct?

[DM] she did not say anything about any particular pirates

[DM] but Nod says that she does not deal with Pirates at all

[mikE] i think we should to the chasm before dealing with blue gill anymore

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] does she know anything about blue gill or not bob

[mikE] become the town heros, then pumpe them for information and pussy.

[DM] from your questioning, she has not indicated recognizing that name

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] simple yes or no would suffice bob

[DM] no it won't

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you're lucky I have no koosh balls bob

[DM] so Brian

[DM] anything to ask?

[DM] Lorie?

[DM] Mike and Marco seem to be out of questions

[Grug] ok, who are we talking to?

[DM] Sean and Jessica just showed up

[DM] Nod is here

[DM] and you can visit just about anyone you want

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Bob...you won't just address the questions we've submitted?

[DM] I did address them online

[Grug] OK, well I'd like to ask Ulogar about the supplies we will need to get into the chasm

[DM] the only thing that I did not was the things that you needed to roleplay or roll for

[DM] ok

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ...hold on...Baby crying. here but in read only mode

[DM] ok

[DM] Ulogar asks what do you need?

[Jessica] I am back at the keyboard.

[Jessica] hello

[Grug] you tell me

[Grug] hello

[Grug] I dont know anything about excavation equipment

[Grug] does anyone in the party have stoneshape?

Jessica is receiving the map...

Jessica has received the map.

[DM] he says he has only been digging with shovels

[Grug] does anyone in the party have stoneshape?

[DM] there is a lot toold left over there

[DM] tools

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] sorry i do

[Grug] k, then we probably don't need shovels, but he has them if we do need it, right?

[DM] they are at the site

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, we have stoneshape, but we only have so many stone shapes

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so digging might be necessary

[Grug] i ask him about the statues, how many he has and if he would be willing to give them to us

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] if for nothing other than speed sake

[Grug] k

[DM] he is willing to give you all 12 stautes that they unearthed so far

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] we have any dwarves?

[DM] and he says that he believes there are more down there

[Grug] ok, willing to... does that mean he gives them to me now?

[DM] yes

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] they look different at all?

[DM] how are you testing or looking at them

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I pick one up and look at it, then repeat with the other 12, what you think I'm doing?

[Grug] i want to see any designs on the statues

[DM] they are in rather poor condition

[DM] some details are still visible

[DM] more or less humanoid in shape

[Grug] just a humanoid standing there?

[DM] make an Intelligence roll Marco and Brian

[DM] some of them could be just heads

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] are they the same shape bob? same position, etc?

[Grug] Grug: INT check: (d20) [16] 16

[Grug] PROBABLY FAILS against (11) [11] 11

[DM] they are really worn out

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair: INT check: (d20) [12] 12

[BiBo!!!] PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (18) [18] 18!!!

[DM] one of the blobs seems to look like a human changing into an eel

[DM] that is the closest

[DM] to a disernable shape you have

[Grug] i tap on one, does it sound hollow?

[DM] no

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I thought you said they were all humanoid

[DM] vaguely humanoid

[DM] shape of a torso and maybe a head

[DM] or just a head

[DM] things like that

[Grug] does ulogar know anything about the inhabitants of the island before people came here?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ah, so pieces of statue

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] not full statues

[DM] nothing that can easily or clearly be seen as hands,

[DM] etc.

[DM] no, they do not look to be parts

[DM] they look to be whole

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] just worn away to ity pieces

[DM] Ulogar says humans have always lived here

Sean has joined the game.

[Grug] What else can Ulogar tell us about the chasm that he has not already?

[DM] he has not made much progress

[DM] he is an old man

[mikE] what's he know of the sahuigan?

[DM] he does mention that he thinks that not all the excavators that went with his daughter were trapped

[DM] but he did not actually see anyone

[Grug] what was in the spot of the chasm before it opened up? Just open land?

[DM] just some things missing from the camp

[DM] yes

[mikE] that's okay. we don't care about them. only the named npc's.

[Grug] k

[DM] the land sloped down from the Downs

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how does he know if they're not trapped if he hasn't seen them?

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Is he saying they went AWOL and defected to the other camp?

[mikE] bob's ditching us for work

[Jessica] bob has library work to do, will be back

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Oh...well then I'll be working on my spells. Let me know when he's ready to continue with the game...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] k

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[DM] back

[DM] he is saying that he thinks things were missing from the camp

[DM] and he has heard a rumor that one of her crew was seen in a bar in town

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] he got a name?

[DM] Salish,

[Jessica] what does he know about this salish?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I thought there was only one bar

[DM] he doesn't know him that well

[DM] Cat's Claw Hideaway is the bar that his daughter used to frequent

[DM] no, there is more than one bar

[DM] only one Inn

[Grug] ok, brb

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] and this is the bar he's rumored to be at then?

[DM] yes

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I guess we hunt down salish then

[Jessica] yup

[DM] ok

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Any other questions then?

[DM] so off to the bar

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] not that I can think of, time to talk to salish

[mikE] if we're hunting down sailfish, who's got the fishing pole

[DM] or Pike

[DM] so you arrive at the bar

[DM] a man walks into a bar

[DM] ouch

[DM] so

[DM] anyone?

[Jessica] we cant go to the bar without Grug

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so, is salish here?

[DM] let's see what we get done before he comes back

[Laila (Jessica)] ok

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Well who is going to be sneaky and do recon to figure out if Salish is here?

[Laila (Jessica)] me me me

[DM] tell me

[Laila (Jessica)] let me let me

[DM] what are you going to do

[Grug] back

[Laila (Jessica)] what i want to do is use my ability to hide in shadows and move among the patrons to get an idea of what they are talkin about

[Laila (Jessica)] at least, i think that's what i want

[DM] well that would not be hide in shadows, that would be just being inconspicious

[DM] but

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I'm not so sure it's all that necessary

[DM] I will give you a bonus to that

[mikE] or we can call the bar and ask for mister butts. first name seymor.

[Grug] ok, you go find a phone

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::thwaps mike::

[mikE] or amanda hugenkiss

[Laila (Jessica)] bonus to what? hide in shadows?

[DM] to the ability to be in the room and not been noticed

[DM] make your check

[Grug] are we in the bar?

[DM] so far only Laila went in

[Grug] ok

[Laila (Jessica)] Laila: Hide: (1d100) [3] 3 -- Where'd the Halfling go?

[Laila (Jessica)] Laila: Move Silent: (1d100) [57] 57 -- You are the wind. You are the shadows

[DM] so you move around the room

[DM] make a hear noise check

[Laila (Jessica)] ok

[Laila (Jessica)] Laila: Detect Noice: (1d100) [56] 56 -- There's a noise over there!

[Laila (Jessica)] so what do i hear?

[DM] so you overhear that the chasm was deliberately colapsd

[DM] from below

[Laila (Jessica)] nods

[Laila (Jessica)] and who is talkin about this?

[DM] some patrons

[Laila (Jessica)] what do they look like?

[DM] sailors who are out of work

[DM] there is a man drinking by himself in the corner

[Laila (Jessica)] what does he look like?

[DM] and several other groups of people

[DM] drunk

[DM] dirty

[Laila (Jessica)] dirty, how?

[DM] earthy

[DM] mud

[Laila (Jessica)] like he's been, oh i dunno, in a cave?

[DM] shrugs, could be

[Laila (Jessica)] hmmm

[Laila (Jessica)] i'm gonna make my way quietly over near him, and see if i can tell anything else about him

[mikE] can i shoot him?

[DM] he is drinking

[Grug] keep your gun in your pants

[DM] seems to be mostly drunk

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you shoot him we leave you on this island

[Laila (Jessica)] do the other ppl in the room notice him at all?

[DM] they are ignoring him

[Laila (Jessica)] on purpose?

[DM] like they don't care

[Laila (Jessica)] aah

[mikE] can i almost shoot him?

[Laila (Jessica)] nooo

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you almost shoot him and we leave you on this island

Sean is receiving the map...

Sean has received the map.

[mikE] damnit. i wanna shoot someone.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] there's you rfoot, have fun

[mikE] any cute barwenches?

[Laila (Jessica)] i guess i'll go tell the others what i found out so far

[DM] yes

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] ((am I still unconscience?))

[mikE] i wanna dooooo them!

[DM] there is a beautiful woman behind the bar,

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] hiding freom you

[mikE] how beautiful? beautiful to please an elf? or just not bad by human standards?

[Laila (Jessica)] so i walk back outside to the rest of the party and tell them what i heard about the chasm

[Laila (Jessica)] andi dont tell finglass about the barwench

[DM] to steal a sailor from the sea

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] right

[DM] at least Lorie gets it

[mikE] so, are we going to go get a drink, then?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] :(

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::thwaps Mike:: No Elfie chicks for you on company time

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] anyone in the bar evil?

[mikE] she's not elfie. ;)

[DM] yes

[DM] one of the sailior drinking

[DM] is slightly evil

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] as in the pepsi one of evil?

[DM] yes

Jessica is now controling Laila

[mikE] so, i think i'm going to walk in and go to the bar.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so he stole a toothpick once and got away with it

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

mikE is now controling Finglass

[DM] or something a little more, but generally yea

[DM] so what does Finglass do? say?

[mikE] going to order up whatever the house special is from the cutie and turn on the charm while doing it.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I got sit down with the guy by himself

[DM] she smiles at you

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] offer him a drink and say hello

[Laila (Jessica)] i go with Alastair

[DM] she says that will be 2 GP

[DM] the loner smells a bit

[Grug] i go to the bar with finglass

[Laila (Jessica)] what does he smell like?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::wishes he remembered to get cantrip::

[mikE] sure. i'll give her the money and ask how business is.

[DM] he grumbles a thank you

[DM] and takes it from you

[DM] she says better now,

[DM] pockets your gold

mikE winks at her and grins.

[DM] beer

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] hello sir, I am Alastair Dempster, might I ask who you are?

[DM] wine

[DM] Salish

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) sits at an empty table in the bar and tries to look normal

[DM] a couple of sailors glance over at her

[DM] think twice about coming over

[Finglass (mikE)] so, this is pretty good wine. are there vinyards on the island?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ah, nice to meet you. I was wondering if you might know a person by the name of (whatever the hell the chick's name is)

[Finglass (mikE)] lol.

[DM] no, no vineyards

[Laila (Jessica)] Lychelle

[DM] imported from

[DM] he groans

[DM] what

[DM] why do you want to know

[DM] who are you

[Finglass (mikE)] well, then, anything interesting to see? maybe we can take one of these bottles out there and you can show me?

[DM] she smiles at you,

[DM] for a price I could do that for you

[DM] I could organize a tour

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I told you, I am Alastair Dempster, I am trying to learn about the sea caves in the area and I hear she was the one to ask but she is apparently missing in action

[DM] show you the sights

[DM] I didn't do it

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I didn't say you did

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] ((He did it! He's guilty!))

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] but I understand you worked with her and I was hoping you might be able to tell me something

[Salish] all I saw was dark shapres movoing

[Laila (Jessica)] the whole time Alastair is ttalking, i'm just watching the man

[Finglass (mikE)] so then, you and me and a bottle of wine, and let's forget our miseries?

[Salish] inthe cavves

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] dark shapes eh? and you left then?

[DM] she says that I will be glad to give you a tour

[DM] but I have no miseries to forget

[DM] unless you plan on causing some

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] lol

[Salish] there in teh dark

[Salish] inteh cave

[Salish] likes sharks,

[Salish] I just needed a drink

[Finglass (mikE)] not I Miss. not I.

[Salish] somethign to get my spirits u[p

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ah, I understand, was she alright when you left?

[Salish] who

[Salish] was who alreagith

[Laila (Jessica)] Lychelle

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] lychelle

[Salish] shurgs,

[Salish] she was downthere when that all came down

[Salish] I don't know

[Finglass (mikE)] I hear there are some new caves that opened up.

[Salish] I dont know anyting

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so you ran when you saw the shapes or when you saw the cave in?

[Jessica] I am away from the keyboard.

[DM] caves?

[DM] in the dark?

[DM] with me?

[DM] are you sure you can afford that?

[Finglass (mikE)] while i'm sure their beauty cannot compair to yours, might they al least be interesting?

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) quietly taking in the conversations and atmosphere

Finglass (mikE) chuckles

[Salish] I ran from the shapes

[Salish] and I did not run

[Salish] I was just getting my stuff

[Salish] getting ready

[Salish] to return

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] of course

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so you ready to return then?

[DM] she calls out to a bar maid

[DM] and hands her a pitcher for the table of sailers

[Salish] no

[Salish] I have dsseen enough of those wide staring eyes

[Finglass (mikE)] So, what's your name, by beauty?

[Salish] I have no wish

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I understand

[Salish] to get lost down there

[DM] Deelisa

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] can you perhaps tell me something about the sailors here?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::points to the crowd of drunkards::

[Jessica] I am back at the keyboard.

[Salish] fah

[Salish] bunch of lazy

[Salish] mumbles into his drink

[DM] she smiles

[DM] I own this Bar

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] do you know anything about that one? ::points to mister pepsi one::

[DM] Cat's Claw Hideaway

[Salish] he shrugs,

[Salish] never seen him

[Grug] ok, grug orders a beer, is there anyone in the bar who seems to be watching any members of our group?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ah, well is there anything else you can tell me about the caves?

[Finglass (mikE)] My my. you must be something to be able to run a bar with this kind of crowd. you get your fair share of rowdy crowds, I'm sure. pirates and drunken sailors and such?

[DM] several of them grug

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] ((and Elves that hit on you))

[DM] mostly looking at Kylia

[Grug] and the others?

[DM] watching you

[DM] and the elf at teh bar

[Grug] not like they are looking at kylia tho, right?

[DM] one of them seems to be debateing

[Finglass (mikE)] ((do it! do it! do it!))

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ((I SO dare them to hit on her))

[DM] the groups seem to be split

[DM] two new women in the bar

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) Blinks her eyes innocently...like a fish out of water.

[DM] an elf

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] ((what? Can't decide to hit on Kylia or Finglass?))

[Grug] lol

[DM] and an orc

[Finglass (mikE)] ((you're an elf too, prissy boy!))

[DM] one of the sailors

[Grug] there's an orc in the room?

E. L. Fudge (Sean) walks away from Finglass

[DM] you

[DM] half orc

[mikE] I am away from the keyboard.

[DM] one of the sailors comes up to Kylia

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I thank you for your time then salish

[DM] he nods

[DM] Mamm

[DM] can I buy you a drink

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::offers him another drink::

[Salish] he grabs it and downs it

[Laila (Jessica)] i'm looking around the bar, see the guy talkin to Kylia and nudge Alastair

[Salish] shuddering at the though of the caves

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) Looks up at the Sailor, and nods, "Please sit."

[mikE] I am back at the keyboard.

[DM] he smiles

[DM] sits down

[DM] waves over to the bar

[DM] what would you like?

E. L. Fudge (Sean) grabs some popcorn to watch the ensueing carnage

[Finglass (mikE)] let me get that for you,

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) "Ale will be fine thank you."

[DM] he calls over for a round of ale

[DM] Deelisa nods and sends over a set of glasses

[DM] Hands them to FInglass

[DM] here

[DM] lets see if you can walk and talk at teh same time

Finglass (mikE) walks over and puts them down, whispering to kylia in the process "Try not to hurt him too much, lady kylia."

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] make a dex check ;)

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) ::looks at the Elf and glares:: "Thank you servant boy. We appreciate your prompt service."

[DM] the sailor hands one to Kylia

[DM] smiles at her

[DM] offers a toast,

[Finglass (mikE)] So, Deelaisa (or whatever her name is), tell me how do you deal with those pirates? Have a crossbow under the counter?

[DM] to a breath of fresh air in a stale hold

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) smiles at the Sailor, "Thank you. I've been traveling for several days without more than travel rations."

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) raises her tankard, "...to a breath of fresh air, indeed."

[DM] Deelisa says she can handle things

[DM] smiles

[DM] he drinks to Kylia

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) "So what fine vessel are you sailing upon?"

[DM] well I used to be second mate on the Marlin

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] then they lost

[DM] but it sunk late in the season

[Finglass (mikE)] ((was it's navigator elfag?))

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ((OOC --> Marlin was one of the jinxed Elf's ships, right???))

[DM] no

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] think baseball ;)

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Oh, that's dreadful...

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] You are lucky to have survived.

[DM] well

[DM] it was a fairly bad storm

[DM] had to survive on a thimble of water

[DM] our cleric was lost

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::nodding:: I can imagine and with no buildings or trees to survive upon... you're lucky the pirates didn't get you.

[DM] well they did

[DM] I joined thier crew for a while

[DM] till I could make it back to a reasonable place

[DM] then I came here

[DM] to restart my life

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) ::gasps, all lady-like:: You worked for pirates?

[DM] then the shark people attacked

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) What was that like?

[DM] and sunk the fishing vessel I as crewing on

[DM] he looks all tough

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ((seems he's got the luck of elfag))

[DM] Pirates are really misunderstood

[DM] they are just trying to make a living

[DM] to take something from those who have too much

[DM] or course you have your bad pirates too

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ...misunderstood? Really... I've heard the stories... Green Belt the Furious... Yellow Tail the Horrible and Blue Gill the Trecherous

[DM] but I did not associate with them at all

[DM] he nods,

[DM] I have heard of Blue Gill

[DM] she is a mean one

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] (SHE?!?!)

[DM] where haver you heard from the Green what?

[DM] he nods,

[DM] she

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Oh... well the sailors we came with told us lots of stories of pilaging and theft.

[DM] some women can be viscious

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Where I'm from we have snow beasts more than pirates I'm afraid.

[DM] well the shark people have attacked the harbor several times

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Blue Gill is from here, right?

[DM] what is snow?

[DM] no,

[DM] no pirates are around here

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::ponders:: Water that has been chilled and shtredded from the sky...

[DM] he thinks on that

[DM] I knew a cleric once

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] That's a relief... I would hate to find pirates here...

[DM] he could make ice

[DM] made food taste weird

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Of course...the adventurous part of me would like to sail with pirates ...

[DM] no pirates around here

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) smiles

[DM] well

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Ice, makes food taste weird?

[DM] as soon as I find a ship

[DM] to sail on

[DM] you could sail with a former pirate

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] ((would this be the Dread Pirate Roberts?))

[DM] or I could look for some booty

[Laila (Jessica)] ((which version of him?))

[Grug] i think hes doing that right now

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) ::ignores the obvious:: Interesting... Is there a library here that I could read more about the Pirates? Or an island where they are more prominent?

[DM] several islands near here have serious pirate problems

[DM] shrugs, why would you want a library?

[DM] what good are they?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::frowns:: I rather enjoy them...

[DM] for what?

[DM] well

[DM] considering

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] To learn...to read the stories they tell...

[DM] maybe you would like to talk to Laurish

[DM] he is out on the edge of Dolphins Point

[DM] he is one of those book people too

[DM] I could show you the way out there if you need

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::nods:: Okay... that sounds good. I want to ask him why the pirates don't come here...

[DM] shrugs,

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] or if they used to come here and robbed the island of everything so they don't come here anymore...

[DM] the watch towers would be able to sink any ship before they get to the harbor

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] It sounds odd that the pirates only avoid here...

[DM] not that I know

[DM] well they do attack once in a while

[DM] but they never make landfall here

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::wonders if anyone in the party is listening to her conversation::

[DM] the shipping lanes are

[DM] always a bit dangerious

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Because of the Watch Towers... that's relief

[Finglass (mikE)] ::nope. playing with the dog::

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ((Sorry don't mean to monopolize... who wants to go see Laurish with me or for me??))

[DM] (keep up with your thoughts Lor, everyone will let you know don't worry_

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] laurish sounds good to me

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Well I think that Laurish is probably a good source of Pirate lore, next to you of course.

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) smiles

[DM] he smiles

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] do you happen to know what race blue gill is?

[DM] well would guess that old scally wag woudl know a thing or two

[DM] what race blue gill is?

[DM] what do you mean?

[Grug] brb

[Grug] I am away from the keyboard.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] human, elven, dwarven, dragon, clown, whatever

[Nod] ummm sir

[Nod] Fathomer Samprey is my master

[Laila (Jessica)] what?

[Nod] Laurish Samprey

[Nod] the general concencus seems to be human for Blue Gill

[Finglass (mikE)] is she a mime?

[Nod] no one has actually seen her

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] right, so no one knows

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] of course

[Finglass (mikE)] so then, she doesn't really exits. just a myth built up to scare sailors into surrendering.

[Nod] bathroom break, decide how you will exit the bar, and who is going to the Last House

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] what the heck is that supposed to mean?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Umm...thanks for your patience while I asked away... Brian helped me out with a couple..THANKS :)

[Laila (Jessica)] whatcha mean, Lorie

[Laila (Jessica)] ?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Well I was asking the gent all the questions and you were all on hold...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] eh, mike and I did our asking away ;)

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] it's only fair you get your turn :-P

[Finglass (mikE)] except he ignored mine

[Laila (Jessica)] it's ok, you got a lot ofinfo

[Laila (Jessica)] *of info

[Finglass (mikE)] he responds to me flirting, as soon as i move from that into pumping her for info, he clams up.

[Laila (Jessica)] well, pretty girl, or pretty elf? i go with the pretty girl

[Finglass (mikE)] kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it?

[Laila (Jessica)] see above

[Finglass (mikE)] kylia's too butch to be pretty.

[Laila (Jessica)] you gonna take that from him?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Excuse me? Just because I talk tough doesn't mean I'm fugly!

[Finglass (mikE)] =P

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) turns Mike into a newt

[Laila (Jessica)] besides, Finglass is too pretty to be butch

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you don't have alteration you have evocation, turn him into a pile of ashes

[Grug] I am back at the keyboard.

[Laila (Jessica)] yay

[Laila (Jessica)] wb

[Grug] back

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Acutally I can turn him to dust or mud... :)

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

[Finglass (mikE)] thank you department of redundency department.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you have flesh to dust? sweet

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] no...dust has no water and mud does...thank you we failed science department ;)

[Finglass (mikE)] no no, that was to brian

[Finglass (mikE)] we get his i am back at the keyboard, then he tells us he's back.

[Grug] what? I failed science?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] grug probably did

[Grug] ah that

[Finglass (mikE)] yes brian. i'm sorry to inform you, but you failed it. horribly.

[Grug] i thought i had to really drill it in there for it to get thru

[Finglass (mikE)] grug on the otherhand scored wonderfully through chrismastreeing.

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[Nod] well

[Grug] bob is back

[DM] anything on the way to thelast house?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] and he's better than ever

[Finglass (mikE)] yes. lots of ground.

[Finglass (mikE)] but let's skip it.

[DM] so Nod takes you to his master's house?

[DM] all in favor?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] aye

[Laila (Jessica)] aye

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] aye

[Finglass (mikE)] not through the water! stupid nod!

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] though why didn't he say that his master existed when I was asking about books?

[DM] and so

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::thinks we need a new guide::

[DM] as you enter the house

[Finglass (mikE)] a bunch of naked women prance through the hall!

[DM] Laurish welcomes you into a large eceentric room

[Laila (Jessica)] ::thwaps mike:;

[Finglass (mikE)] damn.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] a crazy room?

[DM] oddly shaped aquariums filled with all sorts of fish

[DM] stuffed swordfish

[DM] windows that look like portholes

[Laila (Jessica)] he's a pirate!

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

[DM] he is dressed like a sea captain

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] or a hacker

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] he makes his windows look like portholes

[DM] he bids you good day

[DM] asks how you are doing

[DM] what brings you to the island

Grug ::BURP::

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] a boat

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Guys...I'm here, but not here for a few moments...need to change baby. Please ask away ;)

[Grug] hi smart man

[DM] smile how are you

[DM] speaking slowly for you

[Grug] grug's friends want book things

[DM] oh good

[Grug] where are they?

[DM] they can read

[DM] that is nice

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I understand you might know a bit about pirates?

[DM] still speaking slowly

[DM] looks over at you

[DM] sure he says

[DM] what woudl you like to know

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] what can you tell me about one named blue gill?

Laila (Jessica) walks around to stand next to Grug

[DM] I have spent my life plumbing the oceans depths

[DM] blue gill?

[DM] hmmm

[DM] is that a fish from the far eastern islands?

[DM] I think that there is a yellow fin there

[DM] maybe it is related to that?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] she may be, but I'm told she is a pirate.

[DM] a pirate?

[DM] why a pirate?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I am not sure why she made that career choice

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] and it's not really what I'm looking to find out

[DM] oh

[DM] well

[DM] I have vaguely heard of a pirate named blue gill

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] vaguely?

[DM] but she has never helped me at all

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] do pirates normally help you?

[DM] well I only stay in touch with ones that can provide me with specimens

[DM] I need various things

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] as in fish and such? ::motions to the tanks::

[DM] if they find an unusual item they bring it to me to check out

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ah

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well

[DM] I aquired that

[DM] points to a large barrel

[DM] inthe corner

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] perhaps you might know something about these ::shows him the statues::

[DM] and some other nice artifacts,

[DM] hmmmm

[DM] have you tested these yet?

[DM] looks at the mage

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair: Detect Magic: Sniff Sniff. I smell magic! Where's the magic? (DC=(10+1) [10+1] 11)

[DM] so the group as a whole is not

[DM] but the one that looks like an eel does glow

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::points at the magical one:: this one's magic, the others are not

[DM] he picks up the magical one

[DM] looks at it

[DM] an eel,

[DM] turning into a man

[DM] or a man turing into an eel

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] (alteration magic on it bob?)

[DM] no

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] (what kind then)

[DM] invokation

[Grug] why dont pirates attack this island, smart man?

[DM] because I have asked them not to he says slowly

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] is there a reason why the pirates listen to you?

[Grug] why do they listen to you?

[Laila (Jessica)] dont make fun of Grug

Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie) ::raises brow::

[Finglass (mikE)] and they just obeyed?

[DM] Kara likes to not have them come by

[Laila (Jessica)] who is Kara?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] the potentate

[Laila (Jessica)] and stop talking like we're idiots, cuz we're not

[DM] he is only doing that to Grug

[Laila (Jessica)] and i asked him to stop treating Grug like that

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] hrm...

[Grug] so is it because you ask them to stay away or because she wants them to stay away

[DM] I tell them as a favor to her

[DM] and I do favors for them in return

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] she has that much power to hold off pirates?

[Grug] so you want to screw the potentate

[DM] raises his eyebrow

[DM] looks at Nod

Laila (Jessica) looks at Grug and shakes her head

[DM] frowns

[Grug] you know, have sex

[Grug] smart man is not so smart

[DM] he looks ashamed

[DM] nod looks ashamed

[DM] he walks up to Grug

[Nod] please do not insult my master like that

[DM] a large sea otter bounds into the room

[DM] sliding up to aurish

[Grug] i pull my sword

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Do you perhaps have any magical artifacts that you would be willing to part with? Perhaps something that might be of use for underwater excavation?

[Grug] fish beast!!

Laila (Jessica) whispers to Grug, "dont piss this guy off"

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Grug no/

[DM] he absently scratches the head of the otter

[Laila (Jessica)] Grug, put your sword down

[DM] well

[Laurish] well

[Laurish] I do have several items for exploring underwater

[Laurish] I do have not used them for excavating

[Laurish] but

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] but they would be useful

[Laurish] I might be able to help you out with something

[Laurish] but what wouldyou leave with me to borrow them?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, what items do you have in mind?

[Laurish] cloak of the manta ray

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so that I may think of an appropriate deposit

[Laurish] ring of swimming

[Finglass (mikE)] how about the little one? she can clean the bottoms of your desks and tables.

[Laurish] apparatus of Kwalish

Laila (Jessica) glares at Finglass

[DM] (marco is looking thought the books to see if you guys want any of this)

[Jessica] I am away from the keyboard.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, the cloak is cool, basically turns you into a manta ray so you can breathe and whatnot, ring of swimming, well, self explanitory, and the apparatus is essentially a minisub with little arms and whatnot

[Finglass (mikE)] so, what do you know of blue gill?

[DM] nothing of her

[DM] really

[DM] she is rumored to be a fearsome warrior

[Finglass (mikE)] no one seems to know of her. i think she's just a make believe myth.

[DM] who has never been betrayed by a crew man

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] do we want any of these?

[DM] she keeps a small ship

[Finglass (mikE)] something to scare sailors into surrender.

[Finglass (mikE)] does her hsip have a name?

[DM] he nods, it is know at the cloud

[Jessica] I am back at the keyboard.

[Finglass (mikE)] does it fly?

[DM] she must have a sea mage who helps her

[DM] not that I have heard

[DM] why do you ask

[DM] what have you heard of her exploits

[Finglass (mikE)] because i hear stories told at the pub, but no one has ever seen her. it's interesting

[DM] I am sure someone has seen her

[DM] she is not from this area that I know of

[DM] she is from the northern reaches

[Finglass (mikE)] they say she's very dangerous and vicious, yet no one knows who or what or where she is.

[DM] possibly a good thing to have not met her then if she is so dangrious

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] lorie, you have the party pack handy?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] feeding... nut i can try

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] nut = but

midnite has joined the game.

[Grug] hi midnite

[Laila (Jessica)] welcome back silent stranger

midnite is receiving the map...

midnite has received the map.

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] Greetings and Salutations

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] what do you need Marco?

[DM] did you save a copy of the map locally?

[Grug] Is Laurish human?

[DM] yes he is

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] was just wondering what we had to trade if we wanted to get our hands on one of those magic items

[Laurish] well now I do need it back

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] of course

[Laurish] afterall I use them in my own explorations

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] temporary trade

[Finglass (mikE)] hey, guess waht.

[Finglass (mikE)] we have a ring of water breathing

[Finglass (mikE)] nice to know, isn't it?

[Laurish] brb water

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] scroll of questionning?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] scroll of free action

[Finglass (mikE)] a scroll for a minisub?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] scroll of protection from water

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ring of temporal stasis

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] hrm... I'm not sure a scroll would be enough for a magic item, thought he scroll of questioning might be

[Finglass (mikE)] maybe, if we're lucky, and the planets are alligned, and about a zillion other variables fall into place, he'll be dumb enough for that trade

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ring of water breathing

[Laila (Jessica)] welcome back silent stranger

[Laila (Jessica)] scratch that, computer weird

[Finglass (mikE)] no no, we want to keep that ring.

[Laila (Jessica)] we need the ring

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how many of us can't swim?

[Laila (Jessica)] me

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] well if it's for holding... he can't keep what we leave either

[Finglass (mikE)] do you have command, lorie?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] yes

[Finglass (mikE)] maybe we'll get lucky and he'll fail his save

[Grug] grug can swim

[Finglass (mikE)] "i command you to give us the whatchamajigger"

[Grug] grug can also sink

[Laila (Jessica)] lucky grug

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] doesn't look like I can swim

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] can't swim per se but magic will helpme

[Grug] you can ride on grug's back

[Laila (Jessica)] who can?

[Grug] little hairy foot girl

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I can magic my way too if I have to

[Laila (Jessica)] oh, thank you Grug

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[Grug] Laila can thank Grug later

[Laurish] you get to hold onto the hair of his back as he sinks to the bottom

[Laurish] in his metal armor

Laila (Jessica) laughs

[Grug] Grug need gills

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, how about the scroll of questioning for the ring?

[Laurish] well

[Laurish] I can use the scroll each day you are gone?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] sure

[Grug] how does this scroll work?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you can ask it 3 questions a day, and it appears on the scroll

[Grug] questions about anyone?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, questions that things in the room can answer

[Grug] k

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] aka, chair, has person x come through here?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] inanimate objects...

[Grug] he wants to talk to his fish, i guess

[Grug] oh

[Grug] he wants to talk to dead fish

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] at least I think so....

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so deal for the ring of swimming then?

[Laurish] he nods,

[Grug] bob, do we notice any floaters in his aquariums?

[Laurish] that woudl be acceptable

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] okay

[Laurish] no, his tanks are clear and clean

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how about a ring of stasis for the cloak of manta ray?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] you could keep specimens alive during transport

[Grug] ring of stasis might be useful underwater

[Laurish] well,

[Laurish] hmmmm

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ((we are getting these back right?))

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ((ya))

[Laurish] if you take my cloak

[Laurish] I will not likely be going anywhere too far off

[Laurish] so I do not think that will work

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] okay

[Laila (Jessica)] ((BiBo lookin at list now, any suggestions, Lorie?))

[Laila (Jessica)] Lorie, mike says there is stuff at the keep, anything there that might be of use?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] lorie, is there anything at your keep that you can think of that isn't on the party pack that you might like to temporarily trade?

[Finglass (mikE)] antimagic amulet

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] \o

[Finglass (mikE)] lance of 0 level

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] No I won't trade that ....

[Finglass (mikE)] not trade, lend

[Laila (Jessica)] we dont expect yout o

[Finglass (mikE)] lance is probably a bad idea

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] hrm...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well

[Laila (Jessica)] ya think?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] What is he looking for? I don't trust him to give him something of great value

[Finglass (mikE)] unless he wants to show those sharks who's boss.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] BRB

[Lorie] I am away from the keyboard.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how about your cloak for mine? ::taps his cloak of displacement::

[Laurish] shakes his head

[Laurish] that seems to be more of an adventurer's thing

[Finglass (mikE)] ((how about we let him live?))

[Laurish] I try not to have adventurers

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] hrm

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] oh

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I know

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how about the cloak for my ring

[Laurish] raises his eye brow?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::puts on his ring and turns into a mouse::

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::removes the ring and turns back::

[Laurish] oh, that is nice

[Lorie] I am back at the keyboard.

[Grug] ((grug steps on mouse))

[Laila (Jessica)] noo

[Laurish] he quickly turns into a mouse

[Laurish] and then back

Laila (Jessica) giggles

[Laurish] or how about

[Laila (Jessica)] master, it doesnt look like the man needs your ring

[Laurish] a parrot

[Laurish] and then back

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] did you guys come up with anything eles?

[Laila (Jessica)] he can do that all by himself

[Grug] Laurish is funny

[Grug] smart mouse bird man

Laila (Jessica) giggles again

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] anyone else have anything they feel like trading temporarily?

[Finglass (mikE)] nothing i can do without.

[Grug] Finglass wants to trade his virginity for just about anything

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Marco...is he looking for weapons, armor, spells???

[Finglass (mikE)] that was traded a long time ago, grug.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] utilitary things I would think

[Finglass (mikE)] how about the use of a shiaer?

[Grug] oooh... Finglass is a player

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] we have a kopesh or two to trade...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I don't think he's interested in anything for combat

[Grug] yeah, Laurish wants other stuff, info, secrets, he's into that stuff

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Um... we have healing scrolls

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] :: shrugs ::

[Finglass (mikE)] would he like to talk with the fish?

[Finglass (mikE)] or with his otter?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how about we give you a healing scroll and you can keep it, and we borrow the cloak?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] There is a wand of negation... but I'm not sure about putting that in his hands since we don't know how many charges their are

[Laurish] he says he will trade a healing scroll for a potion of water breathing

[Finglass (mikE)] well, i don't think we have anything he wants.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] we USED to have gems as treasure...but those grew feet and walked off...

[Grug] I think he wants the potentate

Laila (Jessica) giggles

[Grug] what if we could set up a date?

[Laurish] he decides that he does not want to trade the cloak for that

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] What about a Continual Light Rock ?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Everyone needs a continual light rock...

[Laurish] and a rock to tie a string around

[Laila (Jessica)] everybody wants a rock to tie a piece of string around

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ::doesn't like this sarcasm and decides she could tie him to a rock and throw them both in the sea::

[Laila (Jessica)] ((song lyrics, Lorie))

[Laurish] smile

[DM] any ideas of spells Lorie?

[DM] he is a wizard

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Sure...I have lots of Spells...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how about a scroll of clairvoyance?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] we have one of those...

[Grug] would he like a bat?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] might help you find things

[DM] I can keep that?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] sure

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] or you can study it from my book if you prefer

[DM] how about a scroll of healing and that scroll

[DM] in exchange for borrowing my cloak

[DM] for the day

[DM] you will bring it back by tomorrow night?

[Grug] for one day?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] the day?

[DM] where are you going that you need it longer for?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how about as long as it'll take you to learn the spell?

[Grug] this is the dragonslayers, something always happens

[DM] shakes his head

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] well in theory we can hop from the water through the fountain to my keep then to here without too much effort right?

[Laurish] I feel uncomfortable with it being gone for too long

[DM] yes Lorie

[Grug] what about we bring back a shark man for Laurish?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] okay, how about 2 days, just in case.

[DM] that woudl be really nice

[Laurish] I would like to have one of those

[Grug] how long could we borrow cloak then

[Laurish] they are not easily caught

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] We could bring him back a dwarf... I bet those ae rare here ;)

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] would you want it alive?

[Grug] you shouldnt have asked that

[Laurish] shakes his head

[Laurish] no

[Laurish] as long as it is in one piece

[Grug] with holes?

[Laurish] if you cut its skin

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] alright, we can do that

[Laurish] it will drain it

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Can it be slightly charred?

[Grug] drain it of what?

[Laurish] and will ruin my chance to examine the insides

[Grug] you never had any girlfriends, did you Laurish?

[Laurish] looks at the orc strangly

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] okay, so no cutting gotcha. If we bring one back alive, does that make a difference?

[Laurish] that woudl be very nice too

[Laurish] if you can do that

[Laurish] I will find a way to reward you

[Grug] grug wants ale as reward

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] sounds good. We'll try to bring one back if we can. I guess the one day on the cloak will have to do.

[Laurish] I can do that

[Grug] good ale

[Grug] made with elves

[Laila (Jessica)] lol

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::sighs:: I apologize for my compatriot, he is a bit thick headed at times. Good with a sword though.

[Laurish] shrugs

[Laurish] I could do it if you want

[Grug] yes, because I previously went on an adventure to master the sword, but I can't tell you what happened yet

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] no thankyou that will be unnecessary

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so we have a deal for the cloak for a day then?

[Grug] wait

[Grug] i think a shark man is worth more than one day

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] the reward for the shark man will be seperate

[Laurish] ponders that

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] on delivery

[Laurish] agreed

[Laurish] one day

[Laurish] with an addtional payment on delivery

[Grug] why would you say that?

[Laurish] I could teach you Pressure Resistance

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] don't want to promise something and find out we can't deliver

[Grug] we could have possibly got more time out of it

[Laurish] or Conjure Water Elemental

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] one day will probably be enough

[Grug] it probably won't

[Grug] how about an extra two days for every extra shark man we bring back?

[Laurish] frowns

[Laurish] then how would I know it was coming back?

[Laurish] if you keep it for several weeks

[Grug] because we want our scroll back

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] he keeps the scroll, that's part of the deal

[Laurish] ponders

[Grug] shut up!

[Laurish] no you get your scroll of questioning back when you return the ring

[Laurish] I get to keep the scroll of healing and clairvoyance

[Grug] I dont expect us to take two weeks, but it could possibly take us a few days

[Laurish] well, where do you plan on going?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] the sea caves

[Laurish] into the colapsed caves?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] we hope to excavate them

[Laurish] you should be able to come back by tomorrow night then

[Laurish] and if you need to borrow it again

[Grug] why?

[Laurish] we can talk then

[Grug] do you know where the caves lead to?

[Laurish] it is only 4 miles from here

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] that's half a day journey :-P

[Grug] is anyone there?

[Laurish] smile

[Laurish] I think that everyone is thinking

[Grug] grug doesnt think

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] I say we just take it for the day, we should be able to do it in a day

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] here

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ok

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] if we can't then we deal with that when we come to it

[Laila (Jessica)] i'm here, just have no imput

[Grug] you have no idea what we are going to run into, how could you know how long it would take?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] like I said, if it takes longer, we deal with that when we come to it

[Grug] so that's your reason for not trying to get more time out of the deal?

[Finglass (mikE)] does it really matter how long it takes? all we need is to get it out of here.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well the only way to get more time is to give him more stuff

[Grug] if we can get more time, why not take it. If we dont need it then fine

[Finglass (mikE)] once we have it in our hands, we keep it for as long as we need, or this guy comes and takes it back.

[Grug] no, he was pondering.... that means he was considering the deal

[Grug] no mike we are not going to screw this guy, i thought finglass was lawful good?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] if we are down there more than one day, then we can't give it back to him

[Finglass (mikE)] nope.

[Finglass (mikE)] chaotic

[Finglass (mikE)] and i see it as being for the greater good.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] we apologize afterwards and pay the late fee

[Grug] grug goes back to the bar

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] besides, who really wants to be underwater for more than one day?

[Grug] its not a matter of want

[DM] all wrinkly and stuff

[Grug] grug goes back to the bar

[DM] nods

[DM] to the bar!!

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] one day should be fine

[Grug] should be, but we are in bob's game

[DM] you have about 4 to 6 hours before midnight by the time you get back to town

[Grug] i get a beer

[DM] or you can just start digging

[DM] or

[DM] drink

[Grug] i drink beer

[DM] or what ever your hearts desire

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] It is 20 to 11... we can stop for the night and start next week or start now and pause...

[DM] well remember we are not playing on Friday

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, we might as well start digging since we went to the trouble of getting the water gear

[DM] unless it is the fritz thing

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] oh that's right.

[Laila (Jessica)] fritz is runnin his adventures on wednesday

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I haven't heard from Fritz so I wouldnt assume that

[DM] ok

[Laila (Jessica)] at least, i think he is

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] do you guys want to leave it here for two weeks then or keep going?

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, since we have enough magic to keep us underwater for a while I think we could just start digging now

[DM] talk to me about what you think about the caves

[DM] and how you shoudl get into them

[Laila (Jessica)] i think we should find out where Lychelle went down and start there

[Laila (Jessica)] but that's just me

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] do we know that from our chat w/ Ulogar?

[DM] yes

[Laila (Jessica)] i dont think he specifically said where she went down, but he may have

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] he says blah

[DM] at the excavation site on the map

[Laila (Jessica)] aaah, right

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] ok, do we want to go down there or pick a new spot?

[Laila (Jessica)] i say we start there

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] might as well start there, between our clerics we should be able to dig a hell of a lot, then after that, we just use shovels

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] sound good?

[Finglass (mikE)] sure

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] okies

[DM] ok

[DM] so between the group what spells, how many cubic feet of earth can you move

[Grug] I can make a woman THINK that the earth moved

[Laila (Jessica)] sure you can

[DM] sigh

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] how many stone shapes do we have?

[Finglass (mikE)] i have 3

[Finglass (mikE)] at 7th level

[Laila (Jessica)] bob is spazzing

Grug has left the game.

midnite has left the game.

Lorie has left the game.

[DM] the router hiccuped

Lorie has joined the game.

[Finglass (mikE)] so we have 150ish cubic feet between us, lorie.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so between the 2 of you with stone shape that's about 150 ft^3

Lorie has left the game.

midnite has joined the game.

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] now how much for soften earth?

midnite is receiving the map...

midnite has received the map.

Grug has joined the game.

Grug is receiving the map...

Grug has received the map.

[Laila (Jessica)] yay, now we just need Lorie

Lorie has joined the game.

[Laila (Jessica)] speak and we shall get

Lorie is receiving the map...

Lorie has received the map.

[DM] so the issue is

[DM] how much earth you can move

[DM] in how much time

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so, 150 ft^3 with spells

[Finglass (mikE)] yup.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I have Major Access to Elemental Earth Spells...

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] with stone shape I should say

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] don't know about other spells

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Soften Earth and Stone; Stone Shape,

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] Could we use a Dust Devil to move the Earth?

[Finglass (mikE)] bibo says soften earth won't help us in this case.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I have Transmute Rock to Mud

[Finglass (mikE)] that might work, but it'd be messy.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] There is a spell that is Rare...not on my list as it stands, but could be helpful... Sink Into Earth

[Finglass (mikE)] well, if you don't have it, than it's not helpful. =P

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] I can't conjure earth Elementals until I can cast 7th level spell

[Finglass (mikE)] how many levels is that?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] What if I cast Stone Tell and we just asked the Stones what we need to know and avoid all the digging?

[Finglass (mikE)] go for it.

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] We're looking for Lychelle?

[Kylia Wolfslayer (Lorie)] So I can confirm what we're asking...since it's the only 6th level spell I have today

[Laila (Jessica)] among other things, yes, we're looking for Lychelle

[Laila (Jessica)] among other things, yes, we're looking for Lychelle

[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] lemme lookit the spell hold on

[Laila (Jessica)] sorry, i meant to say her daddy wants her back

Grug has left the game.

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] hello

[Laila (Jessica)] hi

midnite has left the game.

Lorie has left the game.

midnite has joined the game.

midnite is receiving the map...

midnite has received the map.

mikE has left the game.

BiBo!!! has left the game.

Jessica has left the game.

[E. L. Fudge (Sean)] goodnight all!

Sean has left the game.

midnite has left the game.