View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / May2810

May 28 10 - Norjak

[BOB] ==== Gaming session started: Fri May 28 18:25:31 EDT 2010 ====

Kaz has joined the game on Fri May 28 18:26:09 EDT 2010

Kaz is receiving the map Base Map...

Kaz has received the map Base Map.

[BOB] grins

[Kaz] hello :)

[BOB] and go on and look over Miranda

[BOB] you can run her tonight

[BOB] Time of Day: 08:21 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] Time of Day: 08:36 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] Time of Day: 08:51 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] Time of Day: 09:06 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

Kaz is receiving the map The Javelin...

Kaz has received the map The Javelin.

[BOB] where do you think Miranda should be? on the stairs with Imari?

[Kaz] probably

[BOB] Miranda moved 1'01".

[Kaz] question about using orison to heal

[Kaz] John's got (currently 6) next to that (orison) on the spell page. So... one orison can heal up to 6 hit points on various people?

[BOB] I believe so yes

[BOB] you are right on the various people and I will take it that john did hte math right for 6 points

[Kaz] okay

[BOB] the difference is 6 points garenteed

[BOB] versus 1-8 points

[Kaz] right

[Kaz] I'm just looking at how much healing evedryone needs

[BOB] and the fact ath it si one round per point with Orison

[BOB] rather than one round for 1-8

[Kaz] I guess I should give back 6 each to Indigo and Foriso first

[BOB] you can wait

Lisa has joined the game on Fri May 28 18:36:19 EDT 2010

Lisa is receiving the map Base Map...

[BOB] until Lisa is in

[BOB] ok

[Kaz] Heya Lisa

[BOB] so maybe not that long

Lisa has received the map Base Map.

[Lisa] Hello

[BOB] so Mike said he will be in but late

[BOB] John will not be in

[BOB] Guy is?

[Kaz] at work. I'm sure he'll be in late.

[BOB] ok

[BOB] left messages for Barb and Beth to remind them it is Friday

[BOB] and that the game is up

[BOB] I did talk to Mike and he has no problem with Kaz taking on Miranda

[Kaz] okay

[Kaz] what about John, is HE okay with it?

[BOB] and he is also willing to try out the chance at raise dead for Kristelle if you want to Kaz

[Lisa] Do you know what you want to do?

[BOB] John is ok he is the one who offered her up

[Kaz] okay

[BOB] offered up Miranda like a sacrafice to a blood thirsty god

[Kaz] hehe

[Kaz] better than letting her disappear. Heaven knows we need the healing, anyway.

[Lisa] just please try to keep crying jags to a minimum

[Kaz] lol

[Kaz] I can't do the angst-ridden melodrama like that.

[BOB] so the question now comes to Kaz and what to do about Kristelle

[Kaz] what is the option with the mage?

[BOB] my current plan is to twist the story line to include a way for her to get a Raise Dead somewhere

[BOB] but that will be after the story arc is done

[Kaz] that cowardly bastige...

[BOB] you could take Imari up on that offer

[BOB] 40% chance you come back to life righ tnow

[BOB] but if she fails then no other chance at it

[Kaz] and 60% chance I'm lost forever

[Kaz] what are the chances if someone else does it?

[BOB] sure if you want to let Math get involved

[Lisa] lol

[Kaz] hehehe

[BOB] if a high level priest does it

[BOB] it is based solely on your resurection percentage chance, from your Con score

[BOB] there is no 100% option

[BOB] but you do stand the more likely chance with the unknown priest rather than Imari

[BOB] at thsi level

[Kaz] 92% is a hell of a lot better than 40%. I'll wait, although I appreciate Mike's offer.

[Kaz] I was wrong, my con is 14, not 10.

[Lisa] so we are going to pay for resurrection?

[Kaz] no, not an option

[BOB] raise dead

[Lisa] rause dead rather

[Lisa] raise

[Kaz] when I come back to life, I want that mage standing at my feet, so I can kick him in the teeth.

[Lisa] sigh - bad typing

[BOB] the three ways of doing it are Raise Dead, Reincarnation and Ressurection, the roll is call a resurection roll but it applies to all three things

[Kaz] "OOPS!! Just a muscle twitch!"

[Lisa] are we going to pay or owe a favor?

[BOB] so tonight will be Miranda then after kristelle comes back a strong chance she becomes a henchman

[BOB] and you do not know yet, but most likely will owe a favor

[BOB] traditionally is 9,000 gp per raise dead

[BOB] and you just do not have that kind of money

[Kaz] well, you did say last week that the mage may somehow help, since this mission was for him.

[Kaz] Help how, who knows, but still.

[BOB] you can ask

[Lisa] At the feat he said he'd ensure a proper burial - not sure he's good for much else

[BOB] I think one of the ironic bits of this is that you destroyed that book last story arc "how to raise the dead"

[Kaz] lol

[Lisa] lol

[BOB] it would not have worked, it was an evil tome, would have made a zombie kristelle

[Lisa] thought it was more to create undead instead of raise dead

[Lisa] Kristelle comes back as a zombie

[Kaz] I thought that, too, Lisa.

[Kaz] "Come meet my sword, villain! I'll split your skull in twain! .... ooooh, brrraaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnsssss..."

[Lisa] LOL

[Lisa] could be useful at times

[Kaz] heh

[BOB] so to start with, Miranda is on the stairs there on level one, Imari up above her, and she hears Branwyn, Indigo and Foriso go THUMP on the ground outside the near by windwo

[Lisa] Foriso thumps softly

[Kaz] :)

[Lisa] Branwyn and indigo go SPLAT

[BOB] and Lisa you were right on Imari and level,

[Lisa] yup

[BOB] have to remind Mike when he gets in

[Kaz] of what?

[BOB] leveled again

[Kaz] lol

[Kaz] Imari, the power leveler :D

[BOB] you can start with your planning and what you want to try to do

[BOB] we know one else will be in for a bit

[Kaz] Okay, so Miranda will hit Indigo with an orison for 6

Lisa is receiving the map overall map...

Lisa has received the map overall map.

[BOB] still a castle wall inbetween

[BOB] orison is a touch thing

[BOB] for healing

[Lisa] please no more hitting

[Kaz] I guess I need to get to them, then.

[Lisa] we can get to you

[Lisa] is okay

[BOB] I think you need to figure that out

[BOB] Miranda is on the correct map

[Lisa] Thought we were going in kitchen windiow

[Kaz] looks like you'd have to get around the Keep, unless we have you climb up the rope. And without rope use, I don't know what the dangers are.

[BOB] Branwyn & Indog are on teh right map

[BOB] the window is about 6 feet off the ground

[Kaz] Oh, 6 feet is not bad.

[Lisa] taller than Branwyn

[BOB] is poorly designed, but the windows for the kitchen were added later

[Kaz] how tall is Branwyn?

[BOB] the rest of the first floor does not have windows

[Lisa] 5 something

[Lisa] did not make her an amazon

[Lisa] or a volleyball player

[BOB] gabrielle Reese, the only female volleyball player most people know

[Kaz] well, here's what can be done.

[Lisa] If we stay close to the walls might be okay

[BOB] misty may traynor I know becasue she was married to a Marlin

[BOB] but back to not being tall

[Kaz] Indigo can go up on Branwyn's shoulders, He'll easily reach the window, then.

[Kaz] Miranda can help him through the window. She shouldn't have to do much.

[Lisa] okay

[Kaz] Then when Guy gets in, hopefully soon, Branwyn can climb on HIS shoulders and through the window. Again, no problem. And then we can lower a rope to Foriso, who has Rope Use.

[Kaz] That should get the three of them inside with no problems.

[Lisa] we can't get foriso in until he logs on?

[BOB] if one of you has rope use you can

[Kaz] probably not, We can't even get Bran in until Foriso logs on.

[Lisa] that's silly

[BOB] but you can not depend on a skill for a player not in

[Kaz] NO, as far as I know, only Foriso has rope use.

[Lisa] I'll walk around to the front door then

[Kaz] I think that's a bad idea.

[Kaz] There are people and shambling mounds, at the very least, waiting to ambush you.

[Kaz] And don't think they won't!

[Lisa] it's a bad idea to sit around for 2-3 hours

[Kaz] It is

[Kaz] The three of you could walk to the front door and Imari and Miranda can meet you there

[Lisa] we can still get Indigo in the window

[Lisa] he's in no shape to fight anything any way

[Kaz] It's up to you. Let's do that, then.

[Kaz] OR

[Kaz] Get him up to the window and Miranda can touch him to do the healing, then he can walk with you.

[Lisa] He's at 2 - even with healing he's still in bad shape

[Kaz] If I do two orisons he'll be at 14

[Lisa] but you need them for Foriso and Imari

[Lisa] Foriso is in really bad shape too

[BOB] I will offer up that Indigo is your front line fighter right now though

[Lisa] I don't know - is bad all the way around

[Kaz] Everyone is needed. But Indigo is our best/only fighter right now.

[Kaz] Branwyn needs healing, too, but she can stay further away and do magic if need be.

[Lisa] true

[Lisa] I'm fine compared to others

[BOB] is the sign of a good adventure, no good options that saves everyone,

[Kaz] Imari also can attack from a bit of a distance, with her spear. She'd be behind Indigo, so he'd be taking the hits.

[Lisa] as Bob pats himself on the back for our misfortune

[BOB] just happy you have good challenges

[BOB] think of the stories you will have later on

[Kaz] I can do two Orisons to Indigo and one to Foriso, and next time Guy will learn to do as I say and specify he's to the side of the door.

[Lisa] lol

[Kaz] Oh yeah, Bob, great stories. "Yeah remember when that HUGE pile of garbage covered us with rotting food and excrement? Yeah... good times!!"

[BOB] grins

[BOB] remember when we were on that flying castle and we barely got out by the skin of our teeth? that is where I got this scar, what have you done whippersnapper?

[BOB] and I will give the XP bonus to Kristelle still Kaz, so in case she does not come back you have the points for a new character

[Kaz] *squee* :D

[BOB] Branwyn XP award: 500. Next level in 3758.

[BOB] Kristelle XP award: 500. Next level in 5907.

[BOB] so boosting Indigo up through the window?

[Lisa] Can you get us to wherever this window is or tell me when to stop? I can't see it

[Lisa] yes

[BOB] First Floor - Kitchen moved 2'00".

[Kaz] Miranda targets Indigo. Distance: 4'09"

[Kaz] Miranda no longer targets Indigo.

[BOB] Indigo can most likely just pick up Branwyn

[Kaz] hrm

[BOB] tie a rope around her and Haul her up

[BOB] same as with Foriso

[Kaz] Miranda moved 2'08".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that would be nice)

[BOB] he can lift quite a bit

[BOB] unless branwyn has been hitting the desert table a bit too much? ;)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (not likely)

[BOB] how much does she weigh?

[Kaz] well, the rope is long enough to tie the end aroudn Foriso, then leave a ten foot slack, then tie around Branwyn. Becauuse Foriso isn't here to tie it himself.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] 125

[BOB] and Indigo can lift how much?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] max press?

[BOB] nods

[Branwyn (Lisa)] 255

[Branwyn (Lisa)] pass the dessert then

[BOB] so not a problem for Bran, and Foriso can not be much more than her

[BOB] Indigo moved 9'00".

[BOB] Branwyn moved 9'00".

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 12'06".

[BOB] Time of Day: 09:21 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] Time of Day: 09:36 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] so after a bit of time you can all be there in the kitchen again

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 1'01".

[Kaz] in case it matters, Foriso is 175

[Miranda (BOB)] I am so sorry Branwyn, I have no idea what came over me

[Miranda (BOB)] I was just frozen when that heap of bushes attacked us

[Miranda (BOB)] and I could not face everyone when I did not do antyhing to help

[BOB] is that enough angst?

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs

[Kaz] LOL

[Kaz] what, no hand to forehead? No swooning? Sheesh.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You could redeem yourself with a little healing priestess

[BOB] and now Kaz can take over

[Kaz] I am back at the keyboard.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Please, I am so sorry. Let me tend your wounds, Indigo.

[Kaz] Miranda targets Indigo. Distance: 2'04"

[BOB] you just click off the Orison any first level spell

[BOB] and I will add the 6 points

[Miranda (Kaz)] okay

[BOB] Indigo's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 8 (6) - Heavily Wounded

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda casts a spell against Indigo: Orison: I can create minor effects. (currently 6)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda casts a spell against Indigo: Orison: I can create minor effects. (currently 6)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (nice sound effects)

[Kaz] Miranda no longer targets Indigo.

[BOB] Indigo's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 14 (6) - Moderately Wounded

[Indigo (Lisa)] Thank you Miss Miranda

[Miranda (Kaz)] (and one for Foriso)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda casts a spell against : Orison: I can create minor effects. (currently 6)

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 10 (6) - Heavily Wounded

[BOB] so now bran is the only one in single digits

[Indigo (Lisa)] (might want to save the last one in case someone desperately needs it before the day is done)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'm torn, part of me wants to heal her, and part of me wants to wait in case Indigo gets hurt again))

[BOB] everyone can live through a two story drop now

[BOB] is 2d6

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol - no more falling out of windows)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (think you should save the last one for now)

[BOB] one point to consider also

[BOB] if worse comes to worse

[BOB] nad someone goes below zero

[BOB] it takes a cure light, not an Orison to bring them back to walking wounded

[Miranda (Kaz)] okay

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So, now that we're feeling a bit better, shall we take a closer look at that room full of garbage?

Branwyn (Lisa) pulls leaves out of hair

[BOB] right now you have two stairs going up, the one you are at and the one in teh front room

[BOB] you are in teh kitchen right now

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (just thought we should start from where we left off - but not a necessity)

[BOB] just reminding everyone what you have found so far, you can go where ever your heart desires

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Well, I dunno. The thought of wading through trash just gives me the warm fuzzies.))

[BOB] a warm wet feeling

[BOB] like you peed your pants?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (there could be a door in that room)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Kinda, yeah))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lovely)

[BOB] so

[BOB] moving on

[BOB] choices

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((so, right now we're ground level, right? And we can go upstairs?))

[BOB] yes

[BOB] two different ways upstairs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (but must move slowly if we go up stair near us)

[BOB] where you are (leading to the room above where you fell out the window) and the front room (leading to you do not know where)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (garbage room or parts unknown?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((should we pick up where we left off or go back to it after? Lisa, you have a preference?))

[BOB] you can click on Imari to see the map upstairs

Kaz is receiving the map Level two...

Kaz has received the map Level two.

[BOB] if you want to refresh on that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I'm up for the garbage room - adjacent to mage's bedroom, might be interesting under the refuse)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((sounds like a plan. BACK TO THE TRASH!!))

Lisa is receiving the map Level two...

Lisa has received the map Level two.

[BOB] At one point, this was the mage's personal bedroom. Its most prominent feature is the doorway set into the eastern wall. This portal once opened on to a small porch that used to be on to the side of his tower. However, the porch long since collapsed, leaving the doorway a convenient opening for someone to fall through.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so has all the garbage that's going to fall fallen?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 6'04".

[BOB] there is the pile hanging there in the open doorway

[BOB] could avelanche down you woudl guess if it is disturbed

[BOB] or you could try to close the door

It's me has joined the game on Fri May 28 19:38:16 EDT 2010

It's me is receiving the map Level two...

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Hello, you :) ))

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at garbage hanging from doorway

It's me has received the map Level two.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all

Miranda (Kaz) makes a face, staring at the pile of garbage.

Branwyn (Lisa) looks back at doorway they just fell out of

[It's me] re

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo might be able to slash at the garbage with his sword but we would have to make sure to catch him if he falls

[Miranda (Kaz)] We'll I think a staff or spear might do better than a short sword.

[Miranda (Kaz)] And if we stand off to the side, the garbage shouldn't make us fall.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You and Imari are the only ones with staffs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Believe me - falling out that door is not fun

Death has joined the game on Fri May 28 19:43:15 EDT 2010

Death is receiving the map Level two...

Death has received the map Level two.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Heya Mike))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hi Mike

[Death] hey guys

[Death] sorry i'm late

[Death] did anyone else die?

[BOB] not yet

[BOB] grins

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Bob, where is the door placed? Is it the rectangle in the middle that is mostly covered by garbage?))

[BOB] yes

[Death] I am back at the keyboard.

[Imari (Death)] have i missed anything more than getting back up here?

[Miranda (Kaz)] and the door is hanging open?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (nope)

[Miranda (Kaz)] no, you haven't

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Bob, is the door hanging from the left side or the right side of the doorway?))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so could hang on to door and knock away garbage with staff?)

[BOB] door opens right to left towards you

[BOB] and Its Me is Lorie she is exploring optoins

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((hey Lorie, good to see you))

[Imari (Death)] and i thought it was mario

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((So, my idea is to stand on the opposite side of the hanging door, pressed against the wall, and giving the garbage some quick jabs with staff (if I do it) or spear (if Imari does it))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (whoever does not should block the doorway with staf/spear just in case)

[It's me] ((Test)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((no, just take quick jabs and pull back each time))

[Imari (Death)] i'm not. i've already seen what happens when you stand at the door when garbage comes out.

[Imari (Death)] i'll stay safe down here. lol

[It's me] ((Hey Kaz... Mike great to see you both :O) ))

[It's me] (( :: shakes hand :: Nice to meet you Lisa))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (the hold spear up in front of doorway in case Miranda needs to catch it)

[BOB] and good to see you in again Lor

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (hi Lorie! nice to meet you too)

Miranda (Kaz) cautiously crosses the floor, one eye on the pile of hanging trash.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 2'11".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 27'09".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Bob, is that wall solid, or is garbage breaking through it? Next to the door.))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Imari, put that spear up, please

[BOB] solid

[BOB] just the drawing leaking around

Miranda (Kaz) slides along the floor, pressed against the wall, until she reaches the wall next to the open doorway.

[Imari (Death)] ::places spear along the window::

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 21'08".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you

Miranda (Kaz) makes a face like she's about to gag, then uses her staff to poke at the pile with a quick, sharb jab, then pull back and press back into the corner again.

[BOB] WHOOOOOSSSHHHHH

[BOB] as dirt, crud and various things fall down

Miranda (Kaz) turns her face away, nauseated.

[BOB] and slide along the floor and out the window

[BOB] obviously this was a nesting place or something for some sort of creature

Miranda (Kaz) takes a quick peek to see if there is more trash.

[BOB] LOTS more

[BOB] you can see that it is a couple of feet deep

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so no entry?)

[BOB] no other doorway or windo that you see

[BOB] take that back sorry one window

[BOB] opposite the door

[BOB] you have that on the map

[BOB] the room goes to Miranda's left

[BOB] but can not see that way into the room

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe we should try the other stairs and we can get in from the back

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This is not looking good

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((stupid question, because I can't help myself - does the remaining garbage look 'stable' or like it's going to slide down if it's touched?))

[BOB] yes and no

[BOB] it loosk like it is going to fall but not all of it

[Imari (Death)] go climb on it?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (or take a few more whacks at it?)

[BOB] you know it was stable when the door was closed, because it did not break through the door before you opened it

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Is there more that is close enough for me to poke at it again?))

[BOB] yes

Miranda (Kaz) takes another peek, then gives another quick poke at the closest garbage she can reach without exposing herself to the doorway.

[BOB (to Kaz only)] showing Lorie how the whisper works from the DM side

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((because some things need to be specified, dammit))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((definitely))

[Miranda (Kaz) (to BOB only)] is it different?

[BOB (to Kaz only)] gave her temp DM views

[Miranda (Kaz) (to BOB only)] OH! gotcha.

[BOB] and CRASH

[BOB] a chamber pot, or maybe that used to be a kitchen kettle and now used as a chamber pot comes rattling down the floor, spewing slime alogn the tile and then ricocheting out the doorway

Miranda (Kaz) makes another face.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I almost want to catch that chamber pot so we can dump it on the pirates later!!!))

[Imari (Death)] i assume this is all making the floor MORE slippery?

[BOB] yes

[Imari (Death)] is it gone yet?

Miranda (Kaz) takes another peek, then edges back down along the wall.

[BOB] nope

[BOB] still a big pile there

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 21'05".

Miranda (Kaz) calls out softly, "Maybe one of you can edge up that other wall and close the door?

[Imari (Death)] maybe we can just say, we keep going until it's all out?

[BOB] it does not look like it will be all out

[BOB] but you could block it by closing teh door and stopping any random falls

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (do we want to close it? maybe we can push out garbage from other side and it will just fall out door?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I have an idea to close the door, see if we can get in from some other way, and push the garbage against the door again, and maybe we can use it against possible intruders?))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Okay - I'll go close slimy door)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 3'08".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 11'00".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 14'10".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 22'08".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 32'06".

[BOB] and click

[BOB] door takes a bit of effort but you can push it closed

[BOB] make a dex check to see if you slip at all in the exertation

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: DEX check: (d20) [1d20=13] 13 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 17!!

[BOB] very good

[Miranda (Kaz)] (woohoo!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I;m happy)

[BOB] so you stay firmly attached to teh door and then can ease your way back down the wall

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 15'08".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 9'04".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 28'08".

Miranda (Kaz) studies the remains of the bed.

[BOB] Imari moved 1'07".

Death is receiving the map Level one...

Death has received the map Level one.

Lisa is receiving the map Level one...

[BOB] Branwyn moved 3'04".

[Imari (Death)] why am i downstairs?

Lisa has received the map Level one.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((*pokes Bob*))

[BOB] yes what abotu the bed?

[BOB] the only way to go Mike, down the stairs or through the garbage door

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I wanted to know what kind of remains there are. straw?))

[BOB] well or learn to fly

[BOB] it was a nice bed, four poster style, feather bed, shreded now

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((also, what about the side of the room I was on, did they already check it out?))

[BOB] Foriso found candle sticks adn a broken wand in teh ruins

[BOB] nods all checked out

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Oh, okay))

Kaz is receiving the map Level one...

Kaz has received the map Level one.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((So, I guess we go up the other stairs, no?))

[Imari (Death)] i guess

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes - unless we want a close look at the plants in the foyer)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we didn't go in there last week cuz of our sudden aversion to greenery)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (but upstairs is good)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 73'01".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 65'02".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo moved 66'05".

[BOB] Once an inner sanctum, this place is now a garbage strewn mess. It lookss like band of humanoids kept a pair of young trolls quartered here. Thus along the bottom of the slope along the east wall is a layer of dung several inches thick, gnawed bones, and other refuse.

[BOB] Miranda moved 3'06".

Lisa is receiving the map Level two...

Kaz is receiving the map Level two...

Lisa has received the map Level two.

Kaz has received the map Level two.

[Miranda (Kaz)] What a delightful place this is.

[BOB] now you get an idea of how much there is to fall out through that doorway

[Imari (Death)] lovely

[Miranda (Kaz)] afk a minute

[Kaz] I am away from the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo moved 7'07".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 18'08".

[BOB] so wade through the piles of garbage? or the door there by Branwyn?

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at door

[BOB] remember you are heading downhill, the arrow goes uphill

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I know - will be careful. Is door locked?)

[BOB] not locked

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (open out or in? or be surprised and find out?)

[Imari (Death)] at least we know nothing will fall down on us

[BOB] opens away from you

[BOB] into the room

[BOB] you are entering

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (great - how slope goes)

[Kaz] I am back at the keyboard.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((back))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (can I open and hang onto doorknob as I do so I don't slide out another window?)

[BOB] you can try, will be a strength check to hold on

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((or you could stand to the side and turn the knob, so you're not in the opening))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Door opens in - towards the slope)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (can't pull towards me)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((No, you turn the knob and let the door fall open))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((nevermind))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((it opens up?))

[BOB] grins

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (is unlocked - just don't want to slide - we are going downhill)

[BOB] you have it right Lisa

Guy has joined the game on Fri May 28 20:24:56 EDT 2010

Guy is receiving the map Level two...

[BOB] and yes to Kaz you coudl let the door fall away

[BOB] and welcome to Guy

Guy has received the map Level two.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Hi honey))

[BOB] ahh thank you kaz

[It's me] ((Evening Guy))

[Guy] howdy all

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hi Guy!

[Imari (Death)] how come we can't see in the room yet?

[Imari (Death)] is it magically dark?

[BOB] because you ahve not opend the door

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Cuz I haven't opened door and fallen out window yet

[BOB] soon as you do will

[BOB] grins

Branwyn (Lisa) stands against wall, reaches out to turn knob, gives it a push and moves back against wall

[Imari (Death)] then i open it

[BOB] The most striking feature of this room is a large pile of hacked, stained, and otherwise severely battered books piled at one end. Wooden bookshelves are fixed and set along the walls here, their contents now consigned to the pile below

[BOB] on the far end of the left (facing into teh room) bookcase you can see two scrolls

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (any open doors to slide out of?)

[BOB] teetering on the edge of falling off

[BOB] there si a window down there

[BOB] where some of the pile of paper has drifted out

[BOB] you see a stair case going up in that corner also

[Imari (Death)] oh boy

[Imari (Death)] so we have to sort through the books without letting too much fall out

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((is the floor slippery here? In the library room, that is))

[BOB] no not in the library room

[Guy] I am back at the keyboard.

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Im really beginning to dislike this mage

[BOB] grins, which one?

Branwyn (Lisa) eyes books and scrolls greedily

Miranda (Kaz) edges up to Branwyn, then goes diagonally through the door and grabs the bookshelf.

[Imari (Death)] the one who let trolls shit all over his rooms and the castle list

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 24'10".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 7'09".

[Miranda (Kaz)] I doubt it was the mage. Probably someone who came after.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I can't imagine a mage letting that happen to his books!

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((the one who left this mess))

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at scrolls teetering and tries cantrip them to levitate so they do not fall

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 17'11".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Cantrip Proficiency check: (d20) [1d20=8] 8 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

[BOB] good

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sorry - had to do that before anyone disturbed them)

Branwyn (Lisa) moves over to take scrolls floating in the air

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (where are they Bob?)

[BOB] Branwyn moved 14'06".

[BOB] I presume you will just tuck them away for now?

[BOB] figure otu what they are later

[BOB] Time of Day: 10:00 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] Time of Day: 11:00 AM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (grrr - all right - like having a Christmas present I can't open)

[BOB] you can if you want to

[BOB] is up to you

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Bob, are those niches in the wall next to the bookshelf, or windows?))

[Imari (Death)] scrolls are crappy items to find.

[Imari (Death)] you never end up using them

[BOB] windows

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (will probably explode in my face anyway)

[Imari (Death)] they just sit in the pack waiting for that perfect time to use them

[BOB] Second Level - Library moved 5'01".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (what if they are mulch killing scrolls?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (green pile are books?)

[BOB] yes, hacked bits of books and papers

[Miranda (Kaz)] Are we going to go through those now?

[BOB] looks like spell books research books, scrolls, etc

Miranda (Kaz) points to the pile of papers

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm going to take a look

[BOB] you can search through the pile to see if there is anything worth keeping

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I know you aren't interested

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 12'07".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 10'04".

[BOB] Thieves have a chance as well

[BOB] to find things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=12] 12 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[BOB] priests and mages woudl recognize magic stuff

Miranda (Kaz) lowers into a sitting position.

[Imari (Death)] work top down

Branwyn (Lisa) looking at pile of books

[Imari (Death)] justu thow out the window the useless crap

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Foriso Fairhand moved 50'08".

[BOB] Branwyn pulls out a battered and hacked spell book, most of the pages are ripped out but there are some spells still intact in it

[BOB] and as foriso walks by he (1d12) [1d12=11] 11

[BOB] stops and says Hmmmm

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 13'07".

Branwyn (Lisa) eyes spell book happily

[BOB] and carefully traces over a secret panel in the bookcase

[BOB] Spells: Accelerate Plant Growth (2nd level) Maximillian's Stony Grasp (3rd level) Ray of Fatigue (1st level) Sky Hook (2nd level)

Miranda (Kaz) gives Branwyn a half smile and picks up pages to look at.

[BOB] Time of Day: 12:00 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] after spending a bit of time sifting through the pile

[BOB] it seems ike there are some maybe valuable research notes here but it will take weeks to sort through them

[BOB] no other spells are readily available

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What are you looking at Foriso?

[BOB] chirp chirp

Branwyn (Lisa) finally able to take her eyes off the wonderful books and scraps of paper, she notices Foriso by the bookcase

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 10'00".

[Imari (Death)] guess that's it, then

[Imari (Death)] keep going up?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Foriso saw what looked liked a secret panel in the bookcase

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Probably where the journals are kept?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((Did Guy go somewhere?))

Branwyn (Lisa) looks around to see where chirping came from

[It's me] ((aren't they AFK?))

[BOB] I missed that if they are sorry

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'm here))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((feels like everyone is gone and I am here by myself))

[BOB] Guy?

[BOB] Beuller?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((so I just keep talking))

[BOB] I will go get a drink while they come back brb

[BOB] I am away from the keyboard.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((he'll brb))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sings - All By Myself....)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'm here. He's chasing a rogue cat that escaped))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Miranda, hear that chirping noise? Think we've got a bird in here

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Cricket?

[BOB] I am back at the keyboard.

[BOB] grins

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] (sorry everybody)

[BOB] Lisa did you write down those spells?

[BOB] you can add that to the party pack page and research later what the actual spells are

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I took the book, I thought)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'll put it on the party pack page

Foriso Fairhand (Guy) searches the compartment he found

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Can I see if I can learn them later tonight?)

[BOB] yes

[BOB] and yes to Foriso

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (jumps up and down excitedly)

[BOB (to Guy only)] you find a ruby and another scroll

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((watches Lisa go sailing out the 45 degree angle window))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((lol))

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] hmm

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Hey Branwyn you might like this

Foriso Fairhand (Guy) hands Branwyn the scroll

Branwyn (Lisa) takes scroll happily

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I like this room

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Foriso Fairhand: Appraising check: (d20) [1d20=4] 4 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 17!!

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((scrolled up so I can copy the spells into the party pack, so consider me semi afk))

[BOB (to Guy only)] worth 500 gp

[Imari (Death)] anything else of interest in here?

[BOB] and for Lisa to read later http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.LearningSpells

[BOB] sorry I mispoke, will be tomorrow you can do the new spells

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] there was also a ruby in here and its worth 500 gold

[BOB] technically you do not know what the actual spells are until you cast read magic on them

[BOB] for ease of record keeping Kaz should record those spell names,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (okay)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] (( i think she is))

[BOB] yes she is

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Nice find Foriso

[BOB] and that does seem to have exhausted every nook and cranny in this room, you took over an hour in here

[BOB] Time of Day: 12:15 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] the stairs going up

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 43'07".

[BOB] are the only ones you have found so far to the third floor

[BOB] not those, these

[BOB] Branwyn moved 61'11".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Foriso Fairhand moved 28'03".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((how many scrolls did Bran levitate and grab?))

[BOB] two

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (two and Foriso gave me one)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((okay, done and back))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'd rather go upstairs than through the garbage right now.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I agree. Nasty stuff.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 3'06".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] wonder if the stuff we're looking for are in that mess

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo moved 58'10".

[BOB] While this area was once stocked with magical items, expertly-crafted alchemical tools and glassware, and other tools found in a well stocked wizardís lab, it is now utterly bare. Now looters and adventurers have thoroughly ransacked this place. Most of the glassware once found here has ended up in shards at the bottom of the roomís slope. Any character who slides down the floor will take 2d4 points of damage by falling into a pile of jagged, broken glass.

[Imari (Death)] only if you're looking for the shit demon

[BOB] Branwyn moved 1'06".

[BOB] and branwyn needs a dex check please

[Imari (Death)] fuuuun

[Imari (Death)] although wouldn't full armor protect?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: DEX check: (d20) [1d20=4] 4 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 17!!

Lisa is receiving the map Level three...

[BOB] so Branwyn manages to get up the stairs adn off to the side

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 15'02".

Lisa has received the map Level three.

[BOB] without stepping into the glass

[BOB] Branwyn moved 3'11".

[BOB] and can warn the others about it

[BOB] Miranda moved 2'06".

[BOB] Miranda moved 1'04".

[BOB] Branwyn moved 1'02".

[BOB] Observation Check Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=11] 11 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[BOB (to Lisa only)] you can see a secret door on the far wall, you can tell it is there by the chip marks, etc. this must be what it is like for elves to just see secret things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so if I even step in glass I risk falling?)

[Imari (Death)] need a spell to clear it out of the way

[BOB] yes

[BOB] to possible fall

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I wonder if you could cantrip it to levitate and move it into a corner))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((that's a lot of glass to cantrip))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((can you see any of the room?))

[BOB] branwyn can slide a bit to the side to let more up

[BOB] Branwyn moved 5'05".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can see what looks like a secret door on the other side of the room

[BOB] Indigo moved 5'00".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 1'03".

[BOB] Miranda moved 5'00".

[BOB] Indigo moved 2'03".

[BOB] Miranda moved 1'10".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There are chip marks on that wall where a door is

[BOB] The secret door marked on the map is rather easy to spot. The section of wall it occupies has been cleaned of dust, marked in chalk, chipped with hammers, and otherwise damaged by previous visitors.

[Branwyn (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Branwyn modified:

[Imari (Death)] lol

[Imari (Death)] bets on if our thief does better?

[BOB (to GM only)] Third Floor - the Vault moved 6'02".

[BOB (to GM only)] Third Floor - the Vault - DM moved 16'10".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((no bets lol))

[Miranda (Kaz)] Not so secret, I guess.

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Foriso Fairhand moved 15'04".

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 14'04".

[BOB] before you walk out there

[BOB] did you see the decription Foriso?

[BOB] and understand if you slip you slide down into that pile of glass and maybe out the window?

[BOB] you are walking on shards of glass

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((i know))

[BOB] ok

[BOB] just want to be clear before you to your piroets

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((i was going to take my time and move carefully and slowly))

[BOB] ok

[BOB] make a balance check

[BOB] and in case Kaz did not tell you you need to add a +1 to the adjust field on your dice panel

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Foriso Fairhand: BAL check: (d20) [1d20=20] 20 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL FAILED against 19!!

[BOB] Ok

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] (((roflmao))

[BOB] just wow

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] (( i found out about the +1 when i appriased the ruby))

[BOB] ok

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((*rolleyes*))

[BOB] so you take (2d4) [2d4=3,1] 4 points of damage from the glass

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 13'00".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((who is surprised he failed his balance check? Show of hands...))

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 6 (-4) - Massively Wounded

[BOB] and now need to make a save verus breath weapon to snatch onto something on your fall towards teh windows

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((you would think and 18 bex would be a good thing))

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 10'08".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Foriso Fairhand: Breath Weapon save: (d20) [1d20=4] 4 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL FAILED against 17!!

[Imari (Death)] jeeze,

[Imari (Death)] we're gonna die from falling damage

[Miranda (Kaz)] /facepalm

[BOB] Ok

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (and now we are on 3rd floor - sigh)

Miranda (Kaz) thrusts her staff out, trying to give Foriso something to grab onto

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Crouched down, too))

[BOB] 50/50 chance he goes otu a window if he does he takes (3d6) [3d6=6,5,3] 14 points of damage, if he hits the wall he takes (1d4) [1d4=4] 4 points more of glass damage low is in the room high is out the window (1d100) [1d100=90] 90

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((this has just not been my week))

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 4'11".

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand's Current Hit Points: adjusted to -8 (-14) - Dying

[Miranda (Kaz)] seriously?

[BOB] sorry

[Miranda (Kaz)] and no one had the chance to stop his sliding?

[BOB] you did when you saw the room tilted towards the windows AGAIN and there was a chance of falling out but no one prepared for anything before hand

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (didn't know he was going to walk out there til he did it)

[Miranda (Kaz)] how much preparation does it take to hold out a piece of wood to someone as they're sliding?

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((like last week should have done that before hand

[Miranda (Kaz)] sorry honey

[BOB] you could have blocked teh windows with the spear Kaz, but has to be done before he falls

[BOB] he is not dead

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] thats ok

[BOB] it is only a flesh wound

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (mostly dead)

[BOB] someone can make it out there and bind his wounds to stop him from dying

[Miranda (Kaz)] I know, I know. He thinks he'll go for a walk.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I'll go, I guess.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo can go so he can fight anything he might run into along the way

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((im not dead

[Imari (Death)] this is a toss up between funny and sad i think

[Branwyn (Lisa)] and can carry him back inside

[BOB] Ok so you have to go out the front door

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] im getting better

[BOB] and run aroudn the back

[BOB] by running Indigo can make it

[BOB] to bind wounds at the last round

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (So sending Indigo? we all go down to the front entrance)

[BOB] will have to run to make it in time

[Miranda (Kaz)] so run

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (as fast as his little legs can carry him)

[Miranda (Kaz)] the rest of us can get down to the entrance

Lisa is receiving the map overall map...

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand's Current Hit Points: adjusted to -9 (-1) - Dying

Lisa has received the map overall map.

[Imari (Death)] he could always jump to get there quickest

[BOB] grins

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((brb gotta move the car))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (am I down there?)

[BOB] I take it Indigo is not being a bird?

[BOB] and flying out the window?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (no)

[BOB] ok

[BOB] so yes you make it there

[BOB] bind his wounds

[BOB] he is at -9

[BOB] dead at -10

[BOB] he is uncouncous

[BOB] but not bleeding to death anymore

Indigo (Lisa) binds Foriso's wounds quickly

[Miranda (Kaz)] /me follows Indigo, albeit a bit more carefully

Kaz is receiving the map overall map...

[Indigo (Lisa)] What are you doing out here?

Kaz has received the map overall map.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Get back inside

[BOB] First Floor - Guest Room moved 12'08".

[BOB (to GM only)] First Floor - Guest Room - DM moved 6'05".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 2'09".

Indigo (Lisa) picks up Foriso and heads back towards the entrance

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 7'07".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 5'11".

Indigo (Lisa) lays Foriso gently down onto the floor

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Bob, that ruined bed upstairs, is the wood frame in pieces or still together?))

[BOB] in pieces

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 1'10".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Imari, perhaps get some of the bigger pieces of wood from that ruined bed? We can use them to push glass out of the way.

[Indigo (Lisa)] We can put him in the spare bedroom

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 4'10".

[Kaz] Miranda targets Foriso Fairhand. Distance: 0'08"

[Imari (Death)] "I should send him to Partik."

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda casts a spell against Foriso Fairhand: Cure Light Wounds: You're healed (-1d8) [1d8=1] -1 points.

[Imari (Death)] "He is on death's door."

[Indigo (Lisa)] (beds are okay in the side bedroom?)

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand's Current Hit Points: adjusted to -8 (1) - Dying

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 1 (9) - Massively Wounded

[BOB] yes those beds are ok, just slide down the slope to the wall

[BOB] no windows on that wall

[BOB] anf Foriso is now walking wounded

[BOB] can not do antyhing for himself, use any skills, etc. but can talk and walk slowly

[BOB] Time of Day: 12:30 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] a scary quarter hour for him

Miranda (Kaz) throws up her hands, gives Imari a look, then goes to get some of the planks of wood - as carefully as possible, and slowly, if need be.

[Kaz] Miranda no longer targets Foriso Fairhand.

[BOB] from the bed upstairs Kaz?

[BOB] or using the beds here on the first floor?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (shouldn't break up beds that are in tact)

[Imari (Death)] "You are right. Partik would probably drop a soul such as his."

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((from that destroyed one. I don't have the strength to pull one apart))

[BOB] Ok

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (how long do we want to stay here? I can cast unseen servant tomorrow to clean up that mess upstairs if we stay a while)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((If Miranda is getting planks, we can use them to shove some glass out of our way. No need to waste a spell.))

[BOB] you can get some wood to use like that

[BOB] so what is the immediate plan

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((to do as little as possible lol))

[Imari (Death)] "We should send him to Partik and see if he comes back."

[BOB] Branwyn moved 2'01".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Imari, perhaps you could make yourself useful. Take some of this wood upstairs and start clearing a path.

[Imari (Death)] "I do not understand why you will not let me do my duties. I do not stand in the way of yours."

[Miranda (Kaz)] because Foriso doesn't wish to be sent to Partik.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Foriso can decide for himself

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs and takes plank not wanting to get in the middle of priestly philosophical conversations

[Miranda (Kaz)] Foriso HAS decided for himself. He states in his will that if he dies he wishes to be brought back to life as soon as possible.

Branwyn (Lisa) heads upstairs to clear glass

[Imari (Death)] "And that is what Partik does."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 9'09".

[Miranda (Kaz)] If he wants to be alive, then he does not want to be dead.

[Imari (Death)] "So you stand in his way."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 2'03".

Miranda (Kaz) shrugs and walks away.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Do whatever you want. At least then you will be doing something.

Miranda (Kaz) takes a plank and goes to help move glass.

[Imari (Death)] so how's the raise dead work without the spell?

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 17'01".

[Imari (Death)] and guy, you want me to try it?

[Imari (Death)] or just go through the nursing back to health?

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((why would you raise dead on someone who's not dead? Can you even do that?))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (he kills him and then brings him back - is fun)

[BOB] Guy is walkign wounded not dead, but what happens is you have a 105 chance per level of sucssfully casting Raise Dead, but if you fail yoru roll they do not get a chance to make the ress check and they do not get a second chance with a different priest

[Imari (Death)] yup. healing's for wussies

[Imari (Death)] he's at -8, that's not walking wounded

[BOB] he is at 1

[BOB] Miranda cast cure light on him

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I'm at -8)

[BOB] used up her last spell

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] a 105 chance?

[BOB] 10%

[BOB] per level

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] i like 105 better lol

[BOB] grins

[BOB] the other thing that some priests of the Shardik pantheon do (not Partik) is eat the brains of people

[Imari (Death)] well, if imari survives to level 10, she'll always rez.

[BOB] so they can take on their memories, etc.

[Imari (Death)] partik does, too.

[Imari (Death)] that is partik

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (If you are nice to her)

[Imari (Death)] we get to eat people and get their skills

[BOB] ok

[Imari (Death)] at higher levels, anyway

[BOB] grins

[Imari (Death)] well, if he's not almost dead then can we throw him out the window again?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (LOL)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((you're a total dork, Mike))

[BOB] biggest problem right now is that at walking wounded Foriso can not use his thief skills to figure out that secret door

[BOB] will have to wait till tomorrow for that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I can cast knock and unlock perhaps)

[BOB] this is true

[Imari (Death)] eh, not like he's get it open anyway

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (let's clear the room and see what else is up there anyway)

[BOB] ok so who is going up there and where are the others holing up?

[BOB] Branwyn moved 1'02".

[Imari (Death)] nowhere if i can't type

[Imari (Death)] the map keeps getting focus. i hate that feature

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'm going up. Is Indigo putting Foriso in a bed?))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Indigo and I will go up)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Foriso is walking - he can go to bed himself)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (do you want a lift Guy?)

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 56'07".

[BOB] and so what is Imari goign to do?

Kaz is receiving the map Level three...

Foriso Fairhand (Guy) sits on the bed

Kaz has received the map Level three.

Lisa is receiving the map Level three...

Lisa has received the map Level three.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 7'04".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 6'00".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] Ill stay alive for now, ill just rest here

Miranda (Kaz) takes her plank and starts pushing glass away from the stairway.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Miranda, your balance is not as good as mine and Indigo's. Maybe we should handle the cleanup here

[Miranda (Kaz)] I can kneel and do a little bit.

[Miranda (Kaz)] At the very least, I can stay by the stairs and hold a plank up so that none of the moving glass falls down ontot he stairs.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Just be careful

[Imari (Death)] i'll help branwyn with whatever she's doing

[BOB] Imari moved 9'06".

Branwyn (Lisa) takes plank and starts pushing at glass towards window

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Be careful Imari

[BOB] Time of Day: 01:00 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[Imari (Death)] where's indigo?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Right here Imari

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 1'10".

[BOB] Time of Day: 02:00 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 4'01".

[BOB] after over an hour of work you have elminated most of the glass there

[BOB] you can here the tinkle of it as it hits the ground below

Branwyn (Lisa) continues to push glass out window

[BOB] falling out the window

[It's me] ((Night all))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No one better fall out of the window now or they will get sliced to pieces

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (night Lorie)

It's me has left the game on Fri May 28 22:00:36 EDT 2010

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Night Lorie))

[Imari (Death)] ::nods::

[Imari (Death)] night lor

[Imari (Death)] "That would be bad"

[BOB] I will give Branwyn an observation roll

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 2'06".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=12] 12 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[BOB (to Lisa only)] you see a whole potion bottle still sealed in the pile of remaining broken bits

Branwyn (Lisa) starts to push another pile of glass out the window snd suddenly stops

Branwyn (Lisa) kneels down and digs through glass to pick up potion bottle

[Miranda (Kaz)] What have you got there, Branwyn?

Branwyn (Lisa) holds it up to see if there is a label

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Looks like we found ourselves a potion

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((dude, for real? Looking for a label? LOL))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (well two had labels - not useful ones but labels)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (with gremlins)

[BOB] chuckles no labels

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I know. If this had a label it would probably be in one of the oriental languages or something.))

Branwyn (Lisa) opens bottle and looks at potion

[BOB] is redish brown

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (drinkable or wearable?)

[BOB] (grins, roll the dice, is a d1000)

[Miranda (Kaz)] (2d1000) [2d1000=304,336] 640

[Miranda (Kaz)] lol

[Miranda (Kaz)] (1d1000) [1d1000=115] 115

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((there, now you have three numbers to choose from))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (1d1000) [1d1000=77] 77

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so what did that do?)

[BOB] creating the potion now randomly

Branwyn (Lisa) liquid in bottle now fizzes and bubbles

[BOB] it is an oil

Branwyn (Lisa) dips finger in and rubs a tiny bit on her left wrist

[Imari (Death)] amazing how it changes like that.....

[BOB] no effect on Branwyn, but it smells like fresh herbs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Interesting.

Branwyn (Lisa) puts bottle in pouch and looks at secret door

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 6'06".

[BOB] and for the record this is why I do this randomly could not have come up with that on my own

[BOB (to Lisa only)] that was a hint that it has somethign to do with plants

Miranda (Kaz) looks around the room, slowly

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 53'06".

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at door carefully

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=1] 1 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[BOB] you can see the exact outline of the door, this looks to be a solid vault where someone would keep their top magic items or most valuable possessions

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 1'08".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ooooooooo

Branwyn (Lisa) steps to side of door to cast Knock spell

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Imari and Indigo move to the stairs to make sure you are out of the way

[Branwyn (Lisa)] In case anything flies out

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't know if this will even work

[BOB] when you open the secret door it opens,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo moved 3'07".

[BOB] unlocking it will open it

[BOB] if it works

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against : Knock: All locks in a ((10*4)+1) 41 square foot area are unlocked. [MODIFIED (+1)]

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so I still need to open door. opens out or in please?)

[BOB] unlockign the door opens it

[BOB] see above

Branwyn (Lisa) closes door

[BOB] if you close it will need another knock spell to open it

[Imari (Death)] oh boy

[Imari (Death)] dead guy

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sigh - everyone see that?)

[BOB] and Imari needs a save verus spell

[Miranda (Kaz)] Hey, we've done our job, found the vault. Let the mage deal with it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We were hired to secure the castle

[Miranda (Kaz)] it's secure

[Miranda (Kaz)] no pirates here

[BOB] Imari?

[Imari (Death)] i clicked it

[Imari (Death)] i clicked it a lot

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (+1 in append)

[BOB] you need to have the +1 in the top

[Imari (Death)] guess it's ::gasp:: broken

[Miranda (Kaz)] brb

[Imari (Death)] (d20) [1d20=20] 20

[Imari (Death)] i made it

[BOB] please make the roll, you need to put the +1 in the append box for saves and ability checks

[Imari (Death)] i just rolled a d20

[Imari (Death)] still didn't work

[Imari (Death)] i have a +1 in the box marked atk append

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1d20=10] 10 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL FAILED against 15!!

[Imari (Death)] oh boy. and now i fail

[BOB] ok, so now that I know you can make it work

[BOB] I can say that you made your save

[BOB] the first time

[BOB] Now Indigo

[BOB] he gets a +4 for being partially blocked

[BOB] so put that +4 in the append

[BOB] please lisa

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (he moved away by the stairs!!)

[BOB] yes and so the wall partially blocks his view, but it is a larger than mansized creature

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((back))

[BOB] Branwyn can not see it at all

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1d20=7] 7 [MODIFIED (+4, +4+4+4)] - ROLL FAILED against 27!!

[BOB] chuckles

[BOB] that is not right at all oviously

[Indigo (Lisa)] (this sucks - as soon as I opend door I said closes door)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (you were the one that wanted it to stay open)

[BOB] and when you get done with this round of it being open you can close it

[BOB] we are still waiting for peopel to finish the first set of actions

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((One does not simply walk into the secret room...))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((it's kinda like Mordor.))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (just zap Indigo and get on with it)

[BOB] Indigo: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1d20=4] 4 [MODIFIED (-8, +4+4+4)] - ROLL FAILED against 15!!

[BOB] Indigo: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1d20=10] 10 [MODIFIED (-16, +4+4+4)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 7!!

[Imari (Death)] wow, that's not right, either

[BOB] Ok, that is finally a correct adjustment

[BOB] for a halfing bonus against spells and the bonus of concealment

[BOB] so now eveyrone has gone

[Indigo (Lisa)] (so do I need to roll again?)

[Imari (Death)] what's with the -16?

[BOB] Branwyn can close the door if you want

Branwyn (Lisa) closes door

[BOB] the -16 is to comnbat the excessive +4s that are on Indigo;'s sheet for some reason

[BOB] it is taking bonuses and making them hinderances

[BOB] so you managed to open the door, see the guardian and close the door without being effected

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we can fix later? I don't know what happened)

[BOB] Imari and Indigo know it was some sort of mental charm attack

[BOB] and no worries Lisa is not somethign you did is a change in Klooge on teh update

[BOB] waiting on Kurris to see why

[BOB] then we will modify the character sheets and DEF file accordingly

[BOB] so

[BOB] Time of Day: 02:15 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (mental charm attack - so Branwyn is immune)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she has to fight it herself?)

[BOB] not a requirement

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we have to kill it)

[BOB] this is true

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((bah what a time to be out of action))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I think it's something the mage has to deal with. We don't HAVE to kill it, especially if it's keeping the mage's precious demon books safe.))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you want to kill yourself 3 times in one day?)

[BOB] chuckles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we have to secure the castle if we want the loot)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] hey im more resistant against charms than you hoomans

[Imari (Death)] i think it used it's attack

[Imari (Death)] let's go get it

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((hey Bob, is there any particular reason why this piece of wall is grey and not black?))

[BOB] so now choices about what to do, you have still a few hours before night fall let alone morning

[Imari (Death)] i can turn

[BOB] what pieces of wall?

[BOB] it is black

[BOB] then the windows looking outside

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((is grey to me.))

[BOB] better?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (black on my screen)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((no, but it doesn't matter. Just making sure it's not something in particular.))

[BOB] nope

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 24'05".

[Imari (Death)] are we gonna fight it now?

[Imari (Death)] if not, i'm going to bed

[BOB] so I know Lisa proposed staying in the castle overnight

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((and the 8?))

[BOB] Laughs at kaz

[BOB] and Mike how can you get back into there?

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((keep laughing, Bobby boy. :) It'll keep your blood pressure at a good level.))

[BOB] does Branwyn have another knock spell for today?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (anyone can tell me if this thing is undead or not? Is allowed?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 44'09".

[Imari (Death)] it locked again when she closed it?

[BOB] yes

[BOB] is how she opened it

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((it looked undead to me))

[Imari (Death)] not that it matters. unless you've got two knocks memorized

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (might be good to see if we have any undead spells? Imari has that scroll?)

[Imari (Death)] we can't try and get back in until tomorrow

[BOB] apparently she does

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I do)

[Imari (Death)] okay. then i'll turn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I can get in)

[Imari (Death)] that's the best i can do

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I have no more healing spells today.))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (but step away from the door when we open it so you don't have to roll another save)

[BOB] you will have to roll a save to look at it

[BOB] and have to look at it to turn it

[Imari (Death)] yeah. you shouldn't have closed the door

[Imari (Death)] whenever you make a save, you don't close a door

[Imari (Death)] otherwise, you have to remake the save

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sorry)

[BOB] Mike means when you succeed at a save, not simply make a save

[BOB] and no worries, you are learning

[Imari (Death)] so let's do it

[Imari (Death)] even if you fail

[Imari (Death)] better to fail once than twice

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so I lend Imari my gold ring so he can't get charmed and then he turns it?)

[BOB] you can try that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you want to do that? and we will stay out of view?)

[Imari (Death)] sure. we can try

[Imari (Death)] although i'd say give it to indigo

[Imari (Death)] my turn chance can't be high on this thing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (can you try and if it doesn't work, pass it off to Miranda?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] if we wait overnight, I'll have healing and Foriso can help us.

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] will you have that much healing?

[BOB] Foriso just needs 1 more hp to be able to use his skills

[Miranda (Kaz)] I'll have four spells

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (might as well give it a shot - doesn't work, we close the door again and try tomorrow)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Then Indigo should come up here by me.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] yes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo moved 27'10".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 4'00".

[Imari (Death)] ok, let's go

Branwyn (Lisa) hands ring to Imari

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ready?

[Imari (Death)] let's go

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against : Knock: All locks in a ((10*4)+1) 41 square foot area are unlocked. [MODIFIED (+1)]

[BOB] Imari does not need to save

Guy sulks about missing the fight

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Turn Undead: (1d20) [1d20=9] 9 Roll Results: 10 - Skeleton or 1 HD; 13 - Zombie; 16 - Ghoul or 2 HD; 19 - Shadow or 4 HD; 20 - Wight or 5 HD. If successful, turns (2d6) [2d6=5,3] 8 creatures.

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Turn Undead: (1d20) [1d20=14] 14 Roll Results: 10 - Skeleton or 1 HD; 13 - Zombie; 16 - Ghoul or 2 HD; 19 - Shadow or 4 HD; 20 - Wight or 5 HD. If successful, turns (2d6) [2d6=4,3] 7 creatures.

[BOB] and no it is not turned

[BOB] and so

[BOB] Combat has begun!

[BOB] ROUND: 0

[BOB] Necrophidius: Initiative: ((d10+10+)+10) [1d10=4] 24 [MODIFIED (+10)]

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we want to close door now, right?)

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Initiative: (d10+10+0) [1d10=5] 15

[Miranda (Kaz)] yes?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Initiative: (d10+10+-2) [1d10=9] 17

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Initiative: ((d10+10++2)-10) [1d10=10] 12 [MODIFIED (-10)]

[BOB] Mike? is that a yes or a no to closing the door?

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda: Initiative: (d10+10+) [1d10=8] 18

[Imari (Death)] let's see how tough it is

[Imari (Death)] if imari dies, oh well

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Jeez!)

[BOB] ROUND: 1

[BOB] INIT: 12 GOING: Indigo

[Indigo (Lisa)] (so if Indigo goes in he has to roll save immediately?)

[BOB] yes

[Indigo (Lisa)] (before he hits and he was rolling what or higher to save?)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (got confused with all those numbers)

[BOB] his save is 15

[BOB] so that or higher

[BOB] to save

[Indigo (Lisa)] (do you guys want to fight this now?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] (*(I think doing this tonight is just silly.))

[BOB] is up to you,

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((No spells, no healing...))

[BOB] you have the drop on it

[BOB] you can do the round and see what happens

[Imari (Death)] i'm saying no now

[BOB] then retreat and try again next time

[BOB] ok

[Imari (Death)] it's 11

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Bob - I don't trust you as far as I can throw you)

[BOB] ok

[Imari (Death)] i'm going to sleep

[BOB] so we pick up here next week

[BOB] no worries

[Guy] shes learned lol

[Indigo (Lisa)] (can Indigo shut door for tonight?)

[BOB] I ahve feather fall I can go a long way

[Miranda (Kaz)] No, I think we need to close the door and sleep overnight so we're refreshed and have spells.

[BOB] is up to the group

[BOB] you can leave it open for now

[BOB] so that when you log in next week you can pick up right here

[BOB] and then close it if you decide to do that

[BOB] but if you close it you then will have to click off over 12 hours before you get more spells, etc

[Miranda (Kaz)] we're all here right now. Why is this a hard decision?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Indigo will most likely want to shut door)

[BOB] becuase miek wants to stop for the night

[BOB] and that is ok

[Indigo (Lisa)] (there are other things to look at)

[BOB] we can pause here

[Indigo (Lisa)] (don't have to click 12 hours)

[BOB] yes to lisa not just clicking

[Miranda (Kaz)] So stop for the night. My point is that we should close the door now and say we're going to sleep. Then next week we can have full spells and such.

[BOB] there are things to deal with

[Indigo (Lisa)] (garbage heap, garden in foyer, kitchen sink)

[BOB] you do not have that optoin Kaz

[BOB] you can say you want to sleep

Death has left the game on Fri May 28 22:58:53 EDT 2010

[BOB] but you have enounters for the next 12 hours

[Indigo (Lisa)] Don't want to just go to sleep - just not fight beastie

[BOB] I understand Lisa

[Miranda (Kaz)] I don't want to fight whatever that thing is until we've slept.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I understand there are other encounters. I'd be shocked if there weren't.

[BOB] yes, I hear you on that Kaz

[Indigo (Lisa)] right - what I'm saying is that doesn't mean we have to go to sleep now

[Miranda (Kaz)] After all, everyone is not dead, yet.

[BOB] wry grin

[Miranda (Kaz)] :p

[BOB] so we pick up at this point next week

[Miranda (Kaz)] okay, good night, everyone.

[Indigo (Lisa)] okay

[BOB] Guy and Kaz did you agree with Lisa about not leaving in the morning?

[BOB] staying longer until you are healed?

[Miranda (Kaz)] Well, the captain won't come until we signal him, right?

[Guy] foriso wont be in much shape to leave

[Miranda (Kaz)] But I think if we don't signal him by noon, he'll think we're dead.

[BOB] he will swing by but not stop

[BOB] in the morning without the signal

[Indigo (Lisa)] We're going to get beat up tomorrow too - so I think we need two nights here

[Miranda (Kaz)] It won't matter if we can't get off the island.

[Indigo (Lisa)] sleep tonight, kill tomorrow, sleep again and then leave

[Indigo (Lisa)] If we are healed enough

[Miranda (Kaz)] if he swings by once and we aren't ready, will he swing by again?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Sure he will - mage wants those journals

[Guy] we can always hijack the ship

[Miranda (Kaz)] you mean, hijack it from the hijackers?

[Miranda (Kaz)] :D

[Guy] ok im done for the night yall have a good night and ill see you next week after 7

Guy has left the game on Fri May 28 23:08:12 EDT 2010

[Indigo (Lisa)] I'm done too. Goodnight!

Lisa has left the game on Fri May 28 23:08:47 EDT 2010

[BOB] night

[Miranda (Kaz)] night night

Kaz has left the game on Fri May 28 23:09:18 EDT 2010


Experience: