View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Jun0410

Jun 04 10 - Norjak

[BOB] ROUND: 1

[BOB] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Jun 04 18:23:56 EDT 2010 ====

[BOB] off to get drinks, and get out of these clothes, will be back in a bit

[BOB] I am away from the keyboard.

Kaz has joined the game on Fri Jun 04 18:26:57 EDT 2010

Kaz is receiving the map Level three...

Kaz has received the map Level three.

[Kaz] Hi there

Death has joined the game on Fri Jun 04 18:29:20 EDT 2010

Death is receiving the map Level three...

Death has received the map Level three.

[Death] hey

[BOB] I am back at the keyboard.

[BOB] Howdy Guys

[Kaz] Heya Mike

[Kaz] How's everyone tonight?

[BOB] Mike, you saw you need to update your level?

[BOB] and now I need to add the XP for last week on top of that

[Death] nope. i did not

[BOB] Kristelle XP award: 100. Next level in 5807.

[BOB] Imari XP award: 200. Level-up!

[BOB] Indigo XP award: 100. Next level in 52.

[BOB] Miranda XP award: 100. Next level in 335.

[BOB] Branwyn XP award: 200. Next level in 3558.

[BOB] Lisa updated the training page on teh site

[BOB] but you need to update the sheet here, etc.

[BOB] and you should double check what she did there

[BOB] and how are you Kaz?

[Kaz] tired, dunno why

[BOB] because you are the only sane person in that house?

[Kaz] and I'll be here alone this weekend. Just me and the pansy dog.

[BOB] wow

[BOB] very nice for you

[Kaz] ...

[Kaz] actually, I'm quite not cool with being here alone.

[Kaz] Except the BiL did give me the shotgun and the pistol, so I guess it's not SO bad.

[BOB] just to be sure of that - lets post the address to the internet

[Kaz] Ooh, yes, lets.

[BOB] so you can have some new people visit

[BOB] grins

[Kaz] I've been dying to put a hole in someone.... :-/

[BOB] and that is weird and sad that he thinks he needs that level of armament for you

[Death] (d8) [1d8=8] 8

[Kaz] Bob, you realise this IS the house someone walked into while he was hopped up on meth, when sis was newly pregnant and home alone.

[BOB] sadly yes

[BOB] I will be glad when you are out of there

[Kaz] *noddity*

[Kaz] I love them both, I love the baby like I couldn't even explain how much... but I really need to be home.

[Death] shot guns fix that problem

[Death] and zombies

[BOB] shot guns don't fix much

[BOB] need a rifle

[BOB] if you are going to have a gun

[BOB] you use it to kill people

[BOB] not just pepper them with buckshot

[BOB] shotguns are for hunting game

[BOB] or scaring people

[BOB] Kaz wants to do neither

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Jun 04 18:38:16 EDT 2010

Lisa is receiving the map Level three...

[Death] have you not seen solid shot?

Lisa has received the map Level three.

[Death] solid deer shot will take a person's limb off.

[BOB] hello Lisa

[Kaz] actually, the shotgun is for if someone gets in while I'm awake, and the purpose IS to scare the crap out of them and make them run. But IF I had to defend myself, believe me, that shotgun will put a big hole in them.

[Kaz] Heya Lisa

[Death] plus you can get a nice combat model depending on what the state laws are that comes with semi automatic

[Death] i think here there's no real restriciton. in fact, i'm in the process of talking mel into buying a gun.

[Death] heeheeheeeheeeee

[Kaz] Heh

[BOB] Ok

[BOB] now that we have the three of you here

[BOB] I am going to guess there is no known ETA on Guy?

[BOB] and Mike you should read what Lisa posted about this upcoming combat

[BOB] if you have not already

[Kaz] Guy is working until 7 tonight, so he won't be on until at least 7:30, his time.

[Death (to GM only)] Character sheet for Imari modified: Magical Abilities - CHANGED: 2 -- Maximum: 5 (4), Personal Information - Next Level:: CHANGED: 27500 (13000). Combat - Current Hit Points:: CHANGED: 22 (12). Max Hit Points:: CHANGED: 39 (29). Melee THAC0: (THAC0) : CHANGED: 18 (20). Class Levels - Character Level: (L) : CHANGED: 5 (4). Cleric: (CL) : CHANGED: 5 (4).

[Death] i have not.

[Death] summarize for me lisa

[Lisa] my theory - skeletor will not leave room

[Lisa] so Imari should hit him with his spiritual hammer many times

[Lisa] from basically where you are instead of entering

[Lisa] his job is to guard books - but I could be wrong

[Death (to GM only)] Character sheet for Imari modified: Magical Abilities - CHANGED: 3 -- Maximum: 2 (1), CHANGED: 3 -- Current: 2 (1).

[Death] mmmm...

[Death] good idea

[Kaz] I had an awesome idea about trying to trip him if he does come out of the room. Then Lisa told me it was a skeletal snake body. Oh, well.

[Death] with the ring i don't have to worry about his whatever it is, too

[Lisa] right

[Death] you're so smrt

[Lisa] lol - maybe

[Kaz] It's more likely he'll use his bite attack, so we'll have to all try to stay out of reach

[Death] so i won't be in next week

[Lisa] and if he does come out we can try to push him out window

[Kaz] GAH! You can't say that, Mike!

[Lisa] neither will any of us

[Death] at this time next week i'll be on my way to spain!

[Death] and the next week i'll be in span

[Lisa] Wow!! That is great

[Kaz] One in Spain, one in Italy...

[Kaz] I'll be here, in Hooterville. :- [Death] and i'll be in dublin for a few days

[Death] hooters!!!

[Kaz] /facepalm

[BOB] so when ever you want to start we can

[BOB] I am ready

[BOB] no need to wait

[Death] but it's not seven

[Death] if we kill this before seven do we get bonus xp?

[Kaz] lol

[Lisa] Is Barb coming in, do you know?

[BOB] no clue on Barb

[Death] we should totally get double xp for monsters killed before seven

[BOB] LOL

[Death (to GM only)] Character sheet for Imari modified: Racial Abilities - ADDED: Speak with Dead 1/day.

[Death] i guess i'm ready

[Death] let's do it

[Lisa] did you level up so you get as many spells as possible?

[Death] i'm leveled

[Death] are we sleeping here though?

[Death] i don't get the new spells until i sleep and rest them

[Death] plus, now i need level 3 training

[Lisa] well at least you haven't used any yet today - hopefully that will be enough or close

[Lisa] I have one spell left for him too

[Death] let's hope spiritual hammer does the trick

[Kaz] Miranda has no spells left today, so DON'T GET HURT!

[BOB] so it is Indigo's turn

[Lisa] Indigo moved 6'10".

[Death] miranda's a pansy

[BOB] INIT: 15 GOING: Imari

[Death] a real priest slings spells with the best of 'em

[Death] Imari casts a spell against : Spiritual Hammer: I summon forth a magical hammer which flies around and hits things for (3+5) 8 rounds.

[Death] do i get an attack this round, bob?

[BOB] yes

[Death] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=6] 11

[Death] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=15] 2. HITS Necrophidius (AC FINAL: 2)!!!

[BOB] it is a spiritual weapon you can make it what you want

[BOB] and it is larger than man sized

[Death] the spell does set damage

[Death] not weapon damage

[Death] or i'd always cast spiritual giant two handed sword

[Death] Imari: Damage v SM: Spiritual Dagger: ((1d4+1)+1) [1d4=3] 5 [MODIFIED (+1)] added to: Necrophidius

[BOB] INIT: 17 GOING: Branwyn

[BOB] INIT: 18 GOING: Miranda

[BOB] INIT: 24 GOING: Necrophidius

[BOB (to GM only)] Necrophidius's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 11 (-5) - Moderately Wounded

[BOB] Necrophidius targets Imari. Distance: 20'03"

[BOB] Necrophidius: Attack: Bite: (19-(d20+0)) [1d20=13] 6. MISSES Imari (AC FINAL: 4).

[Death (to GM only)] Character sheet for Imari modified:

[BOB] ROUND: 2

[Death] it can bite me from that far away?

[BOB] that was not an attack on Imari directly but on the spiritual dagger

[Death] how's that work?

[Death] oh. i see.

[BOB] but it needs to hit Imari's AC

[Death] good luck. there are no rules in the desc. about attacking it

[Death] i'd take that as you can't destroy it

[BOB] nods at Mike we will see what happens if I can hit it first

[BOB] INIT: 12 GOING: Indigo

[BOB] INIT: 15 GOING: Imari

[Death] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=15] 2. HITS Necrophidius (AC FINAL: 2)!!!

[Death] Imari: Damage v SM: Spiritual Dagger: ((1d4+1)+1) [1d4=3] 5 [MODIFIED (+1)] added to: Necrophidius

[BOB (to GM only)] Necrophidius: No adjustments made.

[Death] yaaaay for random rolls... =P

[BOB] INIT: 17 GOING: Branwyn

[BOB] INIT: 18 GOING: Miranda

[BOB (to GM only)] Necrophidius's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 6 (-5) - Heavily Wounded

[BOB] INIT: 24 GOING: Necrophidius

[Death] i could live with a string of 15's

[BOB] Necrophidius: Attack: Bite: (19-(d20+0)) [1d20=11] 8. MISSES Imari (AC FINAL: 4).

[Death] oh man, i want to research a spell now.

[BOB] ROUND: 3

[Death] improved spiritual dagger.

[BOB] Necrophidius targets Branwyn. Distance: 4'04"

[BOB] Necrophidius targets Indigo. Distance: 4'07"

[BOB] Necrophidius moved 7'10".

[BOB] INIT: 12 GOING: Indigo

[BOB] so it has moved

[BOB] INIT: 15 GOING: Imari

[Death] you can charge the dagger with electrical energy so if anyone attacks it, they get zapped when they hit it

[BOB] Imari can not see it from where she is

[Death] what's the rules for the glass?

[Kaz] There are still the wood planks up here

[BOB] if you miss your dex check you take damage

[BOB] and slide

[BOB] remember 45 degree angle

[Kaz] Indigo could take his turn to put one on top of the glass

[BOB] going down towards the window

[Death] Imari moved 10'11".

[Kaz] Or not

[Lisa] (not his turn any more :( )

[BOB] so Imari needs to make a Dex check

[Death] they're not rolling

[BOB] you need the +1 in adjustment

[Death] (d20) [1d20=11] 11

[Death] made it

[Lisa] (+1 in append)

[BOB] I mean append

[Death] seriously, every time??

[BOB] thank you Lisa

[BOB] yes

[Death] i did that last game

[BOB] he thinks he has a fix, he is testing it this weekend

[Death] i hope so

[BOB] gave him a copy of our DEF file and our campaign with the characters in it

[Death] so can i attack with the hammer as well as that move?

[BOB] yes

[Death] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=6] 11. MISSES Necrophidius (AC FINAL: 2).

[BOB] INIT: 17 GOING: Branwyn

[Lisa] (do you have another spell?)

[Lisa] (Mike?)

[Death] sure

[Lisa] (thanks)

[BOB] (his Spritual Dagger is still running for another 5 rounds)

[Death] though i can't cast while this one's going

[BOB] INIT: 18 GOING: Miranda

[Death] if i stop concentrating on this one it goes away

[Lisa] (wonderful)

[Death] it'd be cool if i could do multi daggers

[Death] have 3 spiritual daggers attacking at once

[BOB] INIT: 24 GOING: Necrophidius

[Death] wish i could cast blade barrier

[Kaz] Isnt' there an Improved Concentration prof? Or is that 3rd ed?

[Death] that'd be fun here, too

It's me has joined the game on Fri Jun 04 19:02:39 EDT 2010

It's me is receiving the map Level three...

[Death] that's 3rd

[Death] hey mario

[Kaz] hey Lor

It's me has received the map Level three.

[BOB] Hello Lor

[BOB] Necrophidius no longer targets Indigo.

[BOB] Necrophidius no longer targets Branwyn.

[BOB] Necrophidius moved 16'11".

[BOB] ROUND: 4

[BOB] INIT: 12 GOING: Indigo

[Death] what a fucker

[Lisa] (no kidding)

[BOB] INIT: 15 GOING: Imari

[Death] (d20) [1d20=5] 5

[Death] woo hoo.

[Death] that was my dex check

[Death] Imari moved 11'08".

[Death] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=20] -3. HITS Necrophidius (AC FINAL: 2)!!! [CRITICAL HITRoll Again]

[Death] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=13] 4. MISSES Necrophidius (AC FINAL: 2).

[Death] Imari: Damage v SM: Spiritual Dagger: ((1d4+1)+1) [1d4=1] 3 [MODIFIED (+1)] added to: Necrophidius

[BOB (to GM only)] Necrophidius's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 3 (-3) - Massively Wounded

[BOB] INIT: 17 GOING: Branwyn

[BOB] INIT: 18 GOING: Miranda

[Kaz] Bob, if there are wood planks on top of the glass, would Imari still need to make dex checks?

[BOB] yes

[BOB] INIT: 24 GOING: Necrophidius

[BOB] Necrophidius: Initiative: ((d10+10+)+10) [1d10=5] 25 [MODIFIED (+10)]

[BOB] Initiative changed from 24 to 25.

[BOB] sorry

[Death] I am back at the keyboard.

[BOB (to GM only)] Necrophidius targets Branwyn. Distance: 1'00"

[BOB] Necrophidius and Chest #1 moved 4'01".

[BOB] Chest #1 moved 10'04".

[Imari (Death)] did it just pull the chest away from the wall and hide?

[BOB] ROUND: 5

[BOB] INIT: 12 GOING: Indigo

[BOB] no I accidently moved the chest

[BOB] the chests did not move

[BOB] no heaving chests

[Imari (Death)] okay, so where'd it go?

[Kaz] lol

[Lisa] (where did he go? is he still there?)

[BOB] INIT: 15 GOING: Imari

[It's me] ((Hi all... just home from the farmers market and bad storms passing through))

[Kaz] oh, crap. Starting to thunder and storm here.

[Kaz] if I suddenly disappear, then the power has gone out and I'll be back when I can.

[It's me] ((it's a rough stormy week here in SW PA. Our GS Bridging Ceremony was almost all in the dark ))

[Imari (Death)] is this thing really that smart, or are you being an ass, bob?

[BOB] just hold up a rod and you will get your electricity back right away :)

[BOB] it is only average inteligence, it is just trying to avoid you,

[It's me] ((Tornadoes are going through again))

[Imari (Death)] Imari moved 6'02".

[BOB] if it was really smart it would use the chests, etc

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=5] 12

[BOB] retarget then reroll

[Imari (Death)] sigh

[Death] Imari targets Necrophidius. Distance: 5'08"

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Attack: Spiritual Dagger: (18-(d20+1)) [1d20=18] -1. HITS Necrophidius (AC FINAL: 2)!!!

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Damage v SM: Spiritual Dagger: ((1d4+1)+1) [1d4=4] 6 [MODIFIED (+1)] added to: Necrophidius

[BOB (to GM only)] Necrophidius's Current Hit Points: adjusted to -3 (-6) - Dying

[Imari (Death)] die whitey!

[BOB] Combat has finished.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Great job Imari

[Kaz] I am back at the keyboard.

[Miranda (Kaz)] That was wonderful, Imari.

[Imari (Death)] "Thank you, Partik. Once again you have watched over me."

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 33'04".

[BOB] and Mike or Lorie, you can try to answer the question for Lisa and Kaz, there are four categories of creatures, Live, Dead, Undead and ???

[Imari (Death)] astral

[BOB] no

[Imari (Death)] elemental

[BOB] no

[Imari (Death)] me

[Miranda (Kaz)] LOL

[BOB] you are dead

[Imari (Death)] no no, i'm death

[Miranda (Kaz)] You certainly are in a category of your own, Mike.

[Imari (Death)] heehee

[Imari (Death)] thank you kaz

[Imari (Death)] unlive?

[BOB] no

[It's me] Immortal

[Imari (Death)] italian plummer

[BOB] no to Lor

[It's me] ((Sorry watching storm... pretty freaky))

[Imari (Death)] too stupid to live

[Imari (Death)] =D

[Imari (Death)] what kind of storm? thunder?

[It's me] ((not exactly sure, thunder for sure, lightning... they are saying there are tornadoes in the area))

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand XP award: 66. Next level in 3951.

[BOB] Branwyn XP award: 66. Next level in 3492.

[BOB] Miranda XP award: 33. Next level in 302.

[BOB] Indigo XP award: 33. Next level in 19.

[BOB] Imari XP award: 66. Next level in 14189.

[It's me] ((Demons?))

[BOB] no

[BOB] those are alive

[It's me] ((most are immortal))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so not going to answer your own question or were you hoping someone here knew?)

[BOB] grins I know

[BOB] just thought it might stir some thoughts

[BOB] and Indigo is sooo close

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((maybe you could put the rest of us out of our curiosity?))

[Imari (Death)] spirit?

[BOB] no that would be Shaman and those are alive,

[BOB] but nice idea thank you Mike

[BOB] will have to add some of those to the Carnak area

[BOB] it makes good sense

[Imari (Death)] shamans?

[Imari (Death)] or spirits?

[BOB] Shamans, who use spirits

[Branwyn (Lisa)] gods?

[BOB] ok, so to put you out of your misery, Alive, Dead, Undead and Created

[It's me] :: nod :: gotcha

[BOB] as in Scarecrow and Necrophidious

[Imari (Death)] so golems

[BOB] golems are the biggest subset of that yes

[BOB] a rare few others

[BOB] Intelligent Magical Weapons fall into that category also

[Imari (Death)] okay, where's our thief when we need him?

[BOB] was a dicsussion about Sleep spell, mental attacks, etc

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Interesting))

[It's me] ((would that be with your priest that heals?))

[Imari (Death)] when imari dies maybe i'll make a thief

[BOB] the ring that Imari borrowed from Branwyn

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Our thief is walking wounded, Mike. Unless you meant Emtsurt.))

[Imari (Death)] if we throw him over the threshold he'll still find traps

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (thanks for reminding me - I need that ring back please)

[Imari (Death)] sure

[BOB] Kristelle XP award: 333. Next level in 5474.

[BOB] Imari XP award: 333. Next level in 13856.

[BOB] Branwyn XP award: 333. Next level in 3159.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so should we go in?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 9'08".

[Imari (Death)] i'll stand out here for the inevitable trap to explode or whatnot

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (nothing in the room but the chests?)

[BOB] two large chests on the Eastern wall

[BOB] they are on a small platform

[BOB] about 4 inches high

[Imari (Death)] i saw this in a movie once. who's got a jumbo bag of sand?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (can I open the chests from the side or will platform get in the way?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((we could gather some glass in a sack...))

[BOB] you can open teh chests, they are taking up almost all of the platform

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (they should be unlocked from my knock spell)

[BOB] that they are

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (is my cantrip strong enough to lift lid? or just try it?)

[BOB] you cna try but it looks too heavy

[BOB] these are large wooden iron bound chests

[BOB] meant to protect things

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Imari should be strong enough, she's pretty strong))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 14'04".

Branwyn (Lisa) lifts lid of chest 1

[BOB] a large pile of gems

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sweet)

[BOB] (2d20+20) [2d20=5,18] 43

[Imari (Death)] 43 gems?

[BOB] nods

[Miranda (Kaz)] damn

[BOB] laying on a cloak

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that should keep foriso busy for a while)

[BOB] folded in teh bottom of the chest

Branwyn (Lisa) pulls cloak out from under the gems and looks at it

[BOB] I will let Branwyn make an intuition checks

[BOB] cloak is obviously magical

[Imari (Death)] is it green?

[Imari (Death)] we need a green cloak.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: INU check: (d20) [1d20=7] 7 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 12!!

[Imari (Death)] hope it's not one of those magic killer cloak monsters

[BOB (to Lisa only)] all the metal you have seen in the place was carefully placed, except the coins that were spilled out of the sack, everythign else is gems or stone in the castle

[BOB] you will not know that until someone tried it on

[Imari (Death)] cloak of blending!

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Woo! Mix up the margaritas!))

[Imari (Death)] adventurer margaritas

[Imari (Death)] so what's the check get her?

[Imari (Death)] magical insights?

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at pile of gems thoughtfully

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It's strange that there hasn't been a lot of metal items here

[Miranda (Kaz)] Do you think so?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It seems as if any metal has been only in two parts of the castle

[Imari (Death)] metal interferes with flying magic contructs apparently

[Miranda (Kaz)] It makes sense to me. We had to be so careful about how much metal we could have.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe it was a good thing we did not haul all those coins with us

[Miranda (Kaz)] Not only that, but it's obvious there have been other people here before us, after the mage. Perhaps someone is using it as a hiding place.

[Imari (Death)] and yet metal has no impact on the spell flight

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Someone with large stinky trolls

[Imari (Death)] mmmm... trolls

[It's me] ((AFK a few ))

[Imari (Death)] so let's grab the cloak and gems

[BOB] (brb dogs)

[Imari (Death)] check the other chest

[Imari (Death)] i like large chests.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 1'00".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 16'06".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo moved 24'02".

Indigo (Lisa) comes in and starts loading the gems into the sack

[BOB] b

Branwyn (Lisa) lifts lid to chest 2

[BOB] save verus poison please

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Paralysis, Poison or Death save: (d20) [1d20=9] 9 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL FAILED against 15!!

[BOB] Branwyn leans over the chest, lifts the lid and suddenly freezes

[It's me] ((back ))

[Imari (Death)] oh boy

[Miranda (Kaz)] What's the matter?

[BOB] no movement no sound

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (think I'll be here a while)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 7'03".

[Imari (Death)] we could leave her like that

Miranda (Kaz) peeks throught the door

[Miranda (Kaz)] Branwyn?

[Imari (Death)] Imari moved 6'04".

[Imari (Death)] Imari: Healing check: (d20) [1d20=8] 8 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 13!!

[BOB] she is alive

[BOB] but in some sort of trance

[Imari (Death)] pushes her with the spear butt

[BOB] she stays up

[Imari (Death)] pushes her toward the door

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((does she sway or move in any way?))

[BOB] is more like a living statue

[BOB] give to the skin but no movement

[BOB] are you grabbing her Imari?

[Imari (Death)] nope

[Imari (Death)] with the spear

[BOB] no effect on trying to move her with the spear

[BOB] is like she is rooted in place

[BOB] you could try to forcefully move her

[Imari (Death)] is the chest open or closed?

[BOB] but that might entail damage

[BOB] and it is partially open

[BOB] she was opening it when this happened to her

[Miranda (Kaz)] See if you can shove the chest away from her hand

[Miranda (Kaz)] But don't touch the lid

[Imari (Death)] i'll glance in it

[BOB] saves verus poison please

[Imari (Death)] it's a visual poison?

[Imari (Death)] crazy

[BOB] brb door/pizza

[BOB] I am away from the keyboard.

[Imari (Death)] it's not rolling

[Imari (Death)] and it has the +1

[Imari (Death)] (d20) [1d20=2] 2

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sometimes have to re-enter it)

[Imari (Death)] made it?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (don't you have to roll high for saves?)

[Imari (Death)] shhhh

[BOB] I am back at the keyboard.

[BOB] and so Imari is standing there

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she should re-roll using dice panel properly)

[Imari (Death)] lol

[Miranda (Kaz)] Indigo, are you still okay?

[Indigo (Lisa)] I'm okay

Indigo (Lisa) standing there almost as frozen as Branwyn and Imari

[Miranda (Kaz)] Okay, whatever you do, don't look inside that chest.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I can shut my eyes and try to shut the chest

[Miranda (Kaz)] Can you maybe shove it away from them, away from Branwyn's hand, so that the lid shuts?

Indigo (Lisa) shuts eyes and moves slowly towards chest

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 8'02".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that Branwyn's hand is preventing the lid from falling shut))

Indigo (Lisa) runs into platform

[Indigo (Lisa)] (is Branwyn's hand blocking shutting the chest?)

[BOB] Indigo moved 3'10".

[Imari (Death)] it's innnn the chest

[BOB] that is the edge of the platform

[BOB] that line on the floor

[Indigo (Lisa)] (thank you could not tell)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (so if he shuts chest does Branwyn lose a hand?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] shove it from the side, toward the other chest.

[BOB] and yes Branwyn is still holding the chest,

[BOB] you can try various things to stop it from shutting on her hand

Indigo (Lisa) eyes still shut, pulls chest away from Branwyn

[BOB] make a strength check Indigo

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: STR check: (d20) [1d20=15] 15 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[BOB] ok

[BOB] you manage to move teh chest back a bit and the lid DROPS shut

[BOB] both of them are still statues

[Imari (Death)] yaaaay

Indigo (Lisa) opens eyes and looks at Branwyn and Imari

[BOB] with all their fingers

[Miranda (Kaz)] Oh, dear.

Miranda (Kaz) sighs.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 7'11".

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Is Branwyn still holding that cloak?)

[Kaz] Miranda targets Branwyn. Distance: 0'00"

[BOB] is in the party pack

[Miranda (Kaz) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Miranda modified: Non-Weapon Proficiencies - CHANGED: Diagnostics -- Modifier: +1 (-1).

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((hrm...changed to +1, but still won't roll))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (+1 then hit tab? It can be picky)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I hit enter, it should have taken))

[BOB] Miranda: Diagnostics check: (d20) [1d20=9] 9 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[BOB] it worked for me

[BOB] grins

[Miranda (Kaz) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Miranda modified:

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((meh :-p ))

[BOB (to Kaz only)] they are paralyzed, need a remove paralyzation spell to bring them back, or if they die, wry grin

Miranda (Kaz) shakes her head and looks sadly at Indigo.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I haven't the ability to help them, they are paralyzed.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Forever?

Miranda (Kaz) shrugs.

[Miranda (Kaz)] If I had the ability, knowledge of the right spell... but I don't.

[Imari (Death)] fun

[Kaz] Miranda no longer targets Branwyn.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I wonder if that cloak would help in some way. There has to be a reason it was in that chest.

Indigo (Lisa) remembering Branwyn eyeing the magic cloak, he takes it out of the sack and puts it around Branwyn's shoulders

[Miranda (Kaz)] May I have it?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (nice thought)

Indigo (Lisa) changes his mind and hands cloak to Miranda

[BOB] man sized black cloak

[Imari (Death)] i bet it's a cloak of cure paralysis

Miranda (Kaz) mutters a quiet prayer as she slips the cloak over her own shoulders.

[BOB] the Cloak of Bonicontti

[It's me] ::snerk::

[BOB] Miranda feels her finger tips are stickier

[Imari (Death)] spider climb, then

Miranda (Kaz) shrugs the cloak off, then picks it up and folds it carefully.

[BOB] (for Lisa and Kaz, Nic Bonicontii is an ex dolphin who head up the Boniconti project to cure paralysis)

[Miranda (Kaz)] I don't think we can use this to help them, sadly.

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Ex dolphin? He shapechange into a human?))

[BOB] LOL

[Indigo (Lisa)] (bad joke for the paralyzed Bob - feel so much better now)

[It's me] ((Lisa - welcome to the BOB school of character naming. Dolphins and Marlins are fair game))

[BOB] ok, so the cloak will not help with the paralyzed

[BOB] ??

[Imari (Death)] shrug

[Imari (Death)] i'm stuck

[Imari (Death)] literally

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I dunno, I'm kind of brain-numb right now))

Indigo (Lisa) feeling angry and helpless, runs over and tries to shake Branwyn awake

[BOB] shaking her does not wake her up, but does not hurt her

[Miranda (Kaz)] Indigo, it won't help.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I didn't think so, but there must be something we can do

Miranda (Kaz) looks around, helplessly.

[It's me] ((can I ask a couple questions?))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (can Miranda read those scrolls?)

[BOB] sure

[BOB] and which scrolls?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (the ones from the library)

[It's me] ((is one of the free characters a mage?))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I think she means the scrolls we found downstairs))

[It's me] ((is = are))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((no, Branwyn was the only mage))

[It's me] ((Mike = Priest; Lisa = Mage...what are you Kaz?))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Miranda is a priest))

[It's me] ((what schools does Miranda have access to today?))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((None, she's got no spells left))

[It's me] ((and what God given powers does she have ??))

[BOB] you do not know what the scrolls are that you found you hvae not examined them yet

[BOB] you just know you have three scrolls

[Indigo (Lisa)] (maybe worth taking a look?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((always worth a try))

Miranda (Kaz) pulls the scrolls out of the party pack and opens one.

[It's me] ((BRB need to take out my contacts ))

[BOB] first one is some sort of mage spell, would need Read Magic to know what it is

Miranda (Kaz) rolls it back up and pulls out another one.

[BOB] roll a d1000

[Miranda (Kaz)] (1d1000) [1d1000=423] 423

[BOB] Scroll fo Protection from Cold

[Indigo (Lisa)] (great)

Miranda (Kaz) rolls up that scroll and opens the last one.

[BOB] d1000 please

[Imari (Death)] our chances are less than stellar

[Miranda (Kaz)] (1d1000) [1d1000=431] 431

[BOB] Protection from Divination

[Indigo (Lisa)] (well we're screwed)

Miranda (Kaz) rolls the last scroll up and places them all back in the pack.

[BOB] at least anyone can use the last two scrolls, does not require a mage

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we are protected from fortune tellers in antarctica - yay)

[BOB] grins

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((LOL))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Mike or Lisa, would you please look at Miranda's spells and make sure I haven't missed anything important there? I'm practically seeing double.))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (remove paralysis is a 3rd level spell for you I think)

[Imari (Death)] we're screwed

[Imari (Death)] unless it wears off

[BOB] knowing what you need is the first step

[BOB] then figure out the rest from there

[Indigo (Lisa)] (would have to be 5th level and you are 3rd)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Yeah, we needed to train before we came here, for starters. Aside from that, we need to bring someone back from the dead, and remove paralyzation from two others, and heal the crap out of everyone.

Guy has joined the game on Fri Jun 04 20:33:56 EDT 2010

Guy is receiving the map Level three...

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Miranda couldn't have trained for that)

Guy has received the map Level three.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (are all paralysis spells permanent - could it wear off?)

[Guy] what the heck did i miss

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((perhaps not specifically for that, but we'd be in a lot better shape right now, I'm sure. Perhaps would have had more healing, better chances... could have had a thief to check for traps...))

[Guy] howdy all

[BOB] hey there Guy

[Miranda (Kaz)] Hi honey

[Indigo (Lisa)] Hi Guy

[It's me] ((Hi Guy ))

[BOB] They got into the Treasure Vault

[BOB] killed the guardian

[BOB] found a cloak of somethign spider, 43 gems

[BOB] and Branwyn and Imari got paralized

[BOB] that is so far tonight

[Indigo (Lisa)] (didn't miss much)

[BOB] grins

[Indigo (Lisa)] (but you now have 43 gems to appraise)

[Guy] oi vey

[Indigo (Lisa)] (get to do that one by one?)

[Guy] both chests opened?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (yup)

[BOB] wel

[BOB] unlocked

[Indigo (Lisa)] (should have known chest with big label on it was bad news)

[Miranda (Kaz)] they both opened, but the second one is trapped and caused the paralyztion

[Guy] I am back at the keyboard.

[BOB] I hope that wheels are turning

[Miranda (Kaz)] My wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Or, at least, unconscious.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (I found a potion in the broken glass next to us - can Indigo go check the other pile at the top of the room? He doesn't have obs though)

[BOB] spin splat

[BOB] spin plat

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand XP award: 200. Next level in 3751.

[BOB] and fixed

[BOB] so thoughts? schemes? wild crazy ideas?

[BOB] what do you need to do right now

[BOB] what do you think you need to do in the long term

[BOB] how to you bridge the two

[BOB] ^do

[Imari (Death)] we need to be unstuck in the long term

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((has the room been searched?))

[BOB] no

[BOB] to the searching

[BOB] because Foriso is walking wounded and the only thief

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] (((fun lol))

Guy is receiving the map Level one...

Guy has received the map Level one.

[BOB] and to follow along with Mike

[BOB] what do you need to do to be unstuck?

[BOB] Remove paralisis is what sphere?

[BOB] we know it is level 3

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 1'03".

[BOB] Foriso slowly clammers his way up the stairs,

[BOB] huffing and puffing

[BOB] wheezing with the effort

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((its protection))

[BOB] he stops at the top of the stairs looking over the broken glass he skidded across and out that window next to him

[BOB] will be too much effort to make it across there unaided

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 16'10".

[BOB] so you need someone with the protection sphere who can cast 3rd level spells

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 27'11".

[BOB] to remove the paralysis

[BOB] is that correct?

Indigo (Lisa) hurries over to help guide Foriso into the room

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'd have to assume so))

Indigo (Lisa) slowly helps him, avoiding the glass

[BOB] I am just asking if that is the right information

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 1'07".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 6'08".

[BOB] so then you know you do nto have that in the party right now

[Indigo (Lisa)] Foriso Fairhand moved 8'03".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 7'10".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Is it protection or Necromantic?))

[Indigo (Lisa)] Foriso Fairhand moved 15'09".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 6'02".

[BOB] trying not to give you answers, letting you find the details your selves

[BOB] just trying to help with broad strokes

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((its protection))

[Miranda (Kaz)] Well, Miranda doesn't have the protection sphere, that I can tell, but she does have access (eventually) to that spell.

[BOB] ok

[BOB] so then it must be Necromantic

[Imari (Death)] well gee imari can cast that

[Imari (Death)] but she's paralyzed

[Indigo (Lisa)] (is it that important at the moment considering we are stuck on floating castle?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Looks like it's Healing, actually

[Imari (Death)] and not trained

[BOB] it is not immediately important Lisa, I am just tryign to get the group to work towards solutions

[BOB] get the discussion moving

[BOB] I do not have any books open,

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((remove paralysis is protection and abjuration per the PH))

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((my books are always handy bob :)

[BOB] chuckles

[BOB] those are the schools Guy, but what Sphere is it?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (there is no solution - other than carting us back and hope the living and moving don't get killed by pirates on the way home)

[BOB] there we go Lisa

[Kaz] Healing

[BOB] that is a start

[Indigo (Lisa)] (lol)

[BOB] so if you can not break this now

[BOB] then how do you move the two (three) bodies

[BOB] where do you move them to for now

[Indigo (Lisa)] (no spells and one fighter)

[BOB] who can do what later

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Indigo can carry them one at a time)

[Kaz] Well, I'd say we probably have no choice but to sleep, so that Foriso can recover a bit, Miranda can get her spells back...

[BOB] and Kaz you are saying you need a 3rd level healing sphere prist

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((the sphere is Protection, the school is Abjuration))

[Kaz] We have to get Kristelle's body, or at least her cloak.

[BOB] just double checked for clarity and yes Guy is right

[BOB] Protectoin sphere, 3rd level spell

[Indigo (Lisa)] (can high level mages possibly remove paralysis or just priests?)

[BOB] so that is what your goal is, a Priest with that

[BOB] only priests

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Yulotte the Useless then)

[BOB] so you know it is longer term to un-paralize them

[BOB] so next is where do you want to move them to?

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((what about lowering them to the ground with rope?))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Branwyn would like to stand and look at the garden in the foyer)

[Kaz] lol

[BOB] grins

[BOB] how do you think you should move the bodies? rope through the window? try to twist them around down the spiral stairs?

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((rope through the windows

[Imari (Death)] just push them out

[Indigo (Lisa)] (there is a bunch of broken glass on ground outside window)

[Kaz] it would probably be easier to lower them to the ground with rope than it would to get them down the stairs, but from a 'who else is on the island'-safety point of view, better to go down the stairs.

[Imari (Death)] the paralysis will protect them

[BOB] you are paralized not stone

[Indigo (Lisa)] (does Indigo need a special check for body carrying down stairs?)

[BOB] will just take a while and a few dex checks, he has the strength easily

[Imari (Death)] we still haven't finished the quest though

[Imari (Death)] why don't you just keep your eyes closed and root around in the chest

[Imari (Death)] see if you feel anything

[Imari (Death)] or have guy do it

[Indigo (Lisa)] (can Foriso remove the trap?)

[Imari (Death)] since he's pretty much useless until tomorrow anyway

[BOB] if he was not walking wounded he could try

[Indigo (Lisa)] (he can try tomorrow or we can just take the whole chest back unopened)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (let Yulotte open it)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((let who open it?))

[BOB] Ok, so Indigo is takign the two bodies and the two chests downstairs, one by one, what room to you want to put them in?

[Kaz] idiot mage

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Yulotte the mage who sent us on this quest)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (I'm okay in the entrance hall - do you guys want us watching you while you sleep?)

[Kaz] not as though you can DO anything if you see anything!

[Indigo (Lisa)] (but might traumatize us aftrwards)

[BOB] this is Indigo's and Miranda's big chance, all alone in the castle with no one who can stop them from doing anything

[Kaz] WOOT!

[Indigo (Lisa)] (hmmm)

[Kaz] TIME TO MERENGUE!

[Kaz] (and do the cha-cha)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] im glad im upstairs then

[BOB] Chest #1 moved 4'03".

[Kaz] I was referring to dancing, you perv.

[BOB] Branwyn moved 11'05".

[BOB] Chest # 2 moved 6'02".

[BOB] Imari moved 18'02".

[BOB] Time of Day: 07:00 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] so that takes a couple of hours total

[BOB] to make it all the way down to there with everything

[Kaz] Okay, so, anyone have ideas for Indigo and Miranda?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we never walked into the foyer - don't know what's there but plants)

[Kaz] with our luck, another shambling mound.

[Imari (Death)] don't die?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (that's a good plan)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((dyings fun though))

[Kaz] If nothing else, when we sleep, it should probably be in the beds. Isn't it, more comfortable bed = better healing?

[BOB] yes

[Kaz] So, Foriso and Indigo, definitely in the beds.

[BOB] Chest #1 moved 5'01".

[BOB] The Gardens - Players moved 15'05".

[BOB] Chest #1 moved 2'08".

[BOB] When the tower was still earthbound, this area was a garden teeming with a wide range of herbs, magically altered plants, and other rare specimens. The gardens are now an overgrown maze of hedges, brambles, and other thick plants. It is impossible to see more than 10 feet in any direction from ground level. A character who stumbles down this area’s slope always stops after falling 10 feet, but there is a 50% chance he crashes into a thorny bush that could tear into him. All creatures move at half-speed through this garden. Any creature that moves at a faster rate must make a Dexterity check or become entangled in the thick vines and bushes in the garden. A creature trapped in such a manner loses his Dexterity bonus to AC, suffers a –2 penalty to all attacks, and may not move. The creature can free itself by making a Strength check.

[Kaz] yeah, there's an encounter waiting to happen in there!

[Imari (Death)] yup

[Imari (Death)] have fun

[Imari (Death)] i'll stand over here and be a statue

[Indigo (Lisa)] (so - probably not good to go into the garden)

[BOB] chuckles

[Kaz] Bob, the stairs go down into this garden, or up?

[BOB] down

[BOB] is open the sky

[Kaz] So, we can probably see over the tops of stuff from the top of the stairs

[BOB] no, the hedges have overgrown and are more than 12 feet tall now,

[BOB] you can only see in about 10 feet

[BOB] through that one gap

[BOB] or along the two sides

[Kaz] so, basically, we can see from the top of the stairs to the number 1

[BOB] sure

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Miranda has botany - could look and identify plants maybe from the stairs but I wouldn't go in there)

[Kaz] Miranda moved 7'07".

[Kaz] I am back at the keyboard.

Miranda (Kaz) stands at the top of the stairs and looks at the plants and growth in front of her

[BOB] just a tangled mess

[BOB] you can see what are likely some medicinal plants, but they are in no condition to harvest right now, without some serious work at pruning etc

[Miranda (Kaz) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Miranda modified: Non-Weapon Proficiencies - CHANGED: Botany -- Modifier: +1 (-1).

[BOB] there could be some thing edible there

[BOB] some greens, etc

[Imari (Death)] so it's useless crap

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Do I need to do checks for different parts of the 'garden', or just one overall check?

[BOB] no check needed

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((ooookay))

[BOB] not useless, just need to get in there on your hands and knees to get anything out of there

[Miranda (Kaz)] Well, say a prayer for me, guys.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (are you sure you want to do that?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 5'05".

Miranda (Kaz) slowly and carefully goes down the stairs.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 6'05".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((what the hell, may as well have a total party wipe))

Indigo (Lisa) moves to top of stairs in case he needs to pull Miranda out

[BOB] Foriso is still alive

[BOB] will jsut be a couple of weeks of healing if no priests survive

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((barely))

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((im not dead yet))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((think you'll go for a walk? You feel 'appy?))

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((im getting better))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((you're not foolin anyone))

[Imari (Death)] lol

Miranda (Kaz) roots around carefully, looking at plants and occasionally glancing up at the sky

Foriso Fairhand (Guy) pulls out the holy hand grenade of Antioch

[BOB] you find a couple of vegetable plants that did not produce from neglect

[Indigo (Lisa)] Miranda, please come back out of there

Miranda (Kaz) counts to three, not passing it to count four. And five is right out!

Miranda (Kaz) looks up the walls.

[BOB] you can see a large furry shape hanging near the top of the wall

[BOB] if it was one quarter of the size you would think it is a bat

Foriso Fairhand (Guy) hobbles slowly over to the garden steps

[Indigo (Lisa)] MIRANDA! Get out of there!

Miranda (Kaz) slowly climbs up the stairs again, being as careful as she can.

[Imari (Death)] giant bat. woop

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((brb))

[Indigo (Lisa)] Please don't get yourself hurt too. I don't think that I could take losing someone else.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I wonder what that is...

[Indigo (Lisa)] Leave it alone. Kristelle always told me that we must learn to pick our battles. This is not one of them and you are not a fighter.

[Miranda (Kaz)] I am not looking for a battle.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Whatever that is may not even be a living creature.

[Indigo (Lisa)] If it is dead than it is of no use

[Indigo (Lisa)] If it is alive, it cannot be good.

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] we can try to throw a rock at it

[Miranda (Kaz)] And then what, Foriso?

[Miranda (Kaz)] Indigo will most certainly have to battle it almost alone, if it is alive.

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] i didnt say anything about actually hitting it

[Miranda (Kaz)] Not that I wouldn't try to help, but I am not nearly as useful in battle.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I think we should rest and leave it be

[Miranda (Kaz)] I only hope it will leave us be and let us rest.

[Imari (Death)] until it wakes up and is hungry

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((that's what I'm afraid of))

[Indigo (Lisa)] Perhaps we should move Imari and Branwyn into the kitchen and close the door so they are not left alone with whatever that thing is.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Why can we not bring them into the sleeping quarters with us?

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] put them both in that sink

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we haven't tried that faucet)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((maybe it's the fountain of healing))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (I was going to have Branwyn cantrip that faucet from the doorway)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (but now it would take a more manual approach)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] maybe putting something in the sink will activate it

[Miranda (Kaz)] something, like what?

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] like imari and Branywyn

[Indigo (Lisa)] (paralyzed and drowned)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Why would someone make a sink that was activated by bodies?

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] (we wouldnt let them drown))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (thought there was a spigot)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] not bodies just by putting anything in it

[Miranda (Kaz)] Foriso, why don't you crawl into it? It would be easier to get you out.

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 7'00".

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] I would except my wounds are paining me something fierce

[Miranda (Kaz)] Why don't we move Imari and Branwyn away from the garden before we go look at that sink...

[Indigo (Lisa)] I can turn the faucet and if something bad happens, I'll shut it off again

[Indigo (Lisa)] all right

[Imari (Death)] it's a sink people

[Imari (Death)] magic, yes. but i bet it just magics water up

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((yeah but its a big sink))

Indigo (Lisa) moves Imari and Branwyn into the bedroom

[BOB] Imari moved 23'08".

[BOB] Branwyn moved 26'05".

[BOB] Imari moved 14'07".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((probably, but we don't know what that big furry thing is, and I'm not leaving you guys there, vulnerable.))

[BOB] nice statues on either side of the fireplace

[BOB] Time of Day: 08:00 PM. Day 10 Fin ___ de, Spe {Early Fall} 10th, 338 SKR.

[Miranda (Kaz)] hehe

[Indigo (Lisa)] (thanks - this room needed some redecorating)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 31'01".

Indigo (Lisa) slowly turns faucet but keeps hand there to shut it off if he needs to

[BOB] right or left

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 1'06".

[Indigo (Lisa)] (right?)

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 25'03".

[BOB] is that your final answer?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (yes Regis)

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((lol))

[BOB] scalding hot water floods the basin

[BOB] make a dex check

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: DEX check: (d20) [1d20=19] 19 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL FAILED against 17!!

[Indigo (Lisa)] (lovely)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((call me crazy, but when you slowly turn a faucet, water doesn't just flood out))

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] ((depends on the magic involved))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (and doesn't it just go into the basin?)

[BOB] Indigo takes (1d3) [1d3=2] 2 poitns of damage as he gets splashed with scaling water when he reaches for the handle to turn it off

[BOB] Indigo's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 12 (-2) - Moderately Wounded

Indigo (Lisa) shakes himself and then tries turning faucet to the left

[BOB] icy cold water floods out

Indigo (Lisa) lets basin fill for a bit and then turns faucet off

[Miranda (Kaz)] Just a regular sink, looks like.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't know if I want to drink that

[Indigo (Lisa)] It does

[BOB] Ummm regular sinks you need to fill with a bucket of water

[BOB] the only hot water is that which comes from a kettle on the fire

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((by which I meant, the workings of the sink may be magical, but the water seems normal))

[BOB] there is no indoor plumbing

[BOB] grins

[Indigo (Lisa)] (so this wizard has indoor plumbing and no water source - we are supposed to be impressed?)

[BOB] you have never seen it before

[Indigo (Lisa)] That is quite the magical sink!

[Indigo (Lisa)] (oooo ahhh)

[BOB] wry grin

[Imari (Death)] lol

[Foriso Fairhand (Guy)] sorry folks its been a long day and ive got an early one tomorrow

[Miranda (Kaz)] :(

[It's me] ((I'm actually headed out as well ))

[It's me] ((Good luck all ...

It's me has left the game on Fri Jun 04 22:03:26 EDT 2010

[BOB] see you in four weeks Guy

[BOB] no game the next three

[Indigo (Lisa)] Night Guy!

[Guy] no you wont

[Miranda (Kaz)] Night hon

[Guy] the first game i might be in will be 5 weeks at the earliest

[BOB] Uffff

[Indigo (Lisa)] (so no point in healing you?)

[BOB] LOL

[Guy] :P

[Guy] good luck and i hope yall survive

Guy has left the game on Fri Jun 04 22:05:33 EDT 2010

[BOB] at least you have someone one round behind now to come rescue you

[BOB] wry grin

[Indigo (Lisa)] (ouch! we will be down a man for the trip home on top of everything)

[BOB] so Miranda and Indigo are goign to make it through the night? who wants the first watch? what are you going to do for the night?

[Miranda (Kaz)] I'll take first watch, that way I can rest enough for strong prayers in the morning.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Okay. Just wake me when you need me.

[BOB] so curled up in the beds?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 30'06".

[BOB] leaving those chests in the front room?

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand moved 43'11".

[Miranda (Kaz)] Well, Foriso is definitely in a bed, and I suppose we should probably move the chests into the room, too.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (hate when you ask these questions - who's going to steal them?)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (gems are in Indigo's sack)

[BOB] ok

[Indigo (Lisa)] (he can go mobe the chests though)

[BOB] Chest #1 moved 26'00".

[BOB] Chest # 2 moved 37'05".

[BOB] Chest #1 moved 35'05".

[BOB] Chest # 2 moved 34'06".

[BOB] so Indigo paces and keeps watch for a while

[BOB] I mean Miranda

[BOB] then she wakes Indigo

[BOB] is that right?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (yes)

[Miranda (Kaz)] yes

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 10'03".

[BOB] Miranda moved 25'06".

[BOB] Indigo's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 14 (2) - Moderately Wounded

[BOB] Miranda's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 18 (2) - Lightly Wounded

[BOB] Time of Day: 08:00 AM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Spe {Early Fall} 11th, 338 SKR.

[BOB] and morning breaks

[Indigo (Lisa)] (do the paralyzed heal too? hps I mean)

[BOB] Miranda tells Indigo she heard some scratching in the night, like something crawlign on the walls, but nothign came into the room

[BOB] and no the paralyzed do not heal

[Imari (Death)] do we get unparalized?

[BOB] nor do they start moving

[BOB] but Miranda does have all her spells back

[BOB] for the record Foriso does nto gain any HP back, but now he is back to normal, and is at one hit point, could take more healing both magical and natural from now on

[Indigo (Lisa)] (did you heal foriso a little?)

[BOB] and he could use his skills also if Guy was here

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((he always picks the 'best' times to leave.))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((and by best, of course I mean worst.))

[Miranda (Kaz)] Miranda moved 7'05".

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((do I need to target?))

[BOB] Ok

[BOB] so Miranda's spells

[BOB] what options do you have?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (If we want to take the ship back today - there is no point in healing Foriso now then)

[BOB] and what do you want to do about the ship that is coming for you

[BOB] will be here in an hour or so

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we have to get Kristelle)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I can Orison for healing, but Lisa makes a good point. We need to get on the ship.))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we might need some spells on the ship)

[Imari (Death)] think i'll call it a night here since i'm so useful.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (I think zap Indigo once and save the rest for now)

[BOB] night Mike

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Night Mike))

[BOB] see you in a few weeks

[Imari (Death)] good luck getting off the island

[Indigo (Lisa)] Goodnight Mike

[Indigo (Lisa)] Have fun in Spain!!

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Have A GOOD TIME!!

[BOB] have fun on the other side of the pond

Death has left the game on Fri Jun 04 22:18:59 EDT 2010

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Doh))

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((Okay, so an Orison to heal Indigo - 5 points to him, then the last point to Foriso))

[Indigo (Lisa)] (We are probably going to need your other spells on the ship)

[BOB] do you want to wait for that?

[Indigo (Lisa)] (you can heal Foriso if he comes back when we are on the ship later)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (if you use them now you will have nothing for pirates)

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((I'm well aware of that, yes))

[BOB] do you have any other spell options for Miranda kaz?

[BOB] the two of you can take your time to walk this out step by step

[Miranda (Kaz)] ((for... anything in particular?))

[BOB] make sure you know what you have what you want to do and how to do it

[BOB] you could even wake up earlier if you want to

[BOB] if you want more time to make it to the dock

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we still have to get Kristelle and the cloak - that will take a little time)

[Kaz] That's fine. We need to figure out how we're going to get Kristelle's body, anyway

[Kaz] All I can think is that Miranda distracts the Shambling Mound, if it's still in that spot, and Indigo snatches the body and runs.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Indigo will come up first in initiative - can he just take her and move away? might not attack us if we don't stand up to it)

[Kaz] Lisa, take a look at Miranda's spell list and see if you think anything in particular will be useful. I know we spoke about Obscurement, to fog up an area around or between the pirates and us

[Kaz] There is another spell that, as long as she's toughing stone, it raises someone's strength. That might come in handy.

[Indigo (Lisa)] (think would have to cast that before we are boarded otherwise would fog us too - but would be good if fog is big enough to block ship)

[Kaz] wait... looks like it won't be helpful

[Kaz] This spellcauses a misty vapor to arise around the caster. It persists in this locale forfour rounds per caster level and reduces the visibility ranges of all types of vision(including infravision) to 2d4 feet.

[Kaz] (unless 'persists in this locale' means that it doesn't move with our ship)

[Indigo (Lisa)] it would protect you though

[Kaz] OOH! I can bless...

[Kaz] I can bless an item, such as a sling bullet. Not sure exatly what it would do, though. Bob?

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Miranda modified: Notes - CHANGED.

[BOB] gives it a +1 to attack

[BOB] and to damage

[Kaz] Would it, say, improve the aim or make it heavier, or suchlike?

[Kaz] Ohh, okay

[Kaz] That could be helpful

[Indigo (Lisa)] can cast sanctuary on yourself so no one can attack you

[BOB] it makes it a magical weapon temporarily

[Indigo (Lisa)] and you can try the mace and see if that works better for you

[Kaz] that's true, I can do that

[Kaz] Also, I have animal friendship - if I can make friends with a large enough creature, perhaps I could persuade it (or show it how to ) untie a rope, for example, with its beak.

[Kaz] That would screw with a pirate ship

[Kaz] I have command...

[Kaz] it only affects a target for one round, and it has to be a one word command.

[BOB] it is useful to remember and have a plan for it

[Kaz] However, if a pirate ship comes close, I could 'command' the captain to 'leave' and he'd fly away, even for just the one round. It might give us more of a chance of getting away, or getting ready.

[Kaz] All I can do right now is spit out ideas and see if they'll work, Bob.

[BOB] I agree

[BOB] is a hard spot to be in

[BOB] trying to let the two of you talk it out, see what your options are and then tackle it

[BOB] or you can wait and leave this till next session

[BOB] do not have to leave the island tonight,

[Kaz] we could do that. Others may have ideas.

[BOB] it is a cliff hanger in and of its self

[BOB] Miranda and Indigo, the two henchmen

[BOB] left alive to try and save the party

[Kaz] hehe

[Kaz] one fighter, and one healer... and of course we'll have a full encounter.

[BOB] where are you going to ask teh Captain to take you?

[BOB] have you figured that out yet/

[BOB] do you want to go somewhere you can get them unparalized

[Indigo (Lisa)] hey cappy, know a good priest?

[BOB] or where you can get Kristelle raised?

[BOB] grins

[BOB] the same priest can likely do all three people

[BOB] two third level spells, one 5th level spell

[Indigo (Lisa)] volume discounts!

[BOB] lol

[Kaz] Actually, I think that would be cool, if it weren't too far from home.

[Indigo (Lisa)] don't know if capt will want to take us on a side trip - he is being paid by the mage to take us to him

[Indigo (Lisa)] but we can always ask

[BOB] money talks

[Kaz] Keep in mind, we're going back with the job undone

[Indigo (Lisa)] not necessarily

[BOB] why undone?

[Kaz] and yes, we've got the gold we found, plus the gems

[Indigo (Lisa)] he wants the journals

[Indigo (Lisa)] journals in chest - here is chest

[Kaz] Because the island isn't technically 'secure', is it?

[BOB] if you tell him about the creature

[BOB] rather than let him be surprised

[Indigo (Lisa)] don't know if he cares about the island if he has the journals

[BOB] and does he even know the condition of the island?

[Indigo (Lisa)] once we are all alive and moving we could offer to go back and kill it if he wants

[Kaz] he might not, didn't he say that he never made it to the island?

[BOB] correct

[Kaz] he possibly hasn't seen it, doesn't know about the list.

[BOB] a loaf of bread a container of milk and a stick of butter

[Indigo (Lisa)] no priests on the estates that could help us?

[BOB] none that you know of that is that high of level

[BOB] would be equal level to the Lord

[Indigo (Lisa)] we don't know of any anywhere so not much difference there

[Indigo (Lisa)] you are asserting that this capt is a religious man and will know these things - and Mosskin and Yulotte will not?

[BOB] no

[BOB] saying that the captain will be available to you right away and the other two will not

[BOB] the other two might have a way to help you or guide you

[Indigo (Lisa)] true - we would need a cart to travel with all three of them back at estates

[BOB] but the captain will be the first one you encounter

[Indigo (Lisa)] sighes and he will get all our loot

[Kaz] not necessarily

[Kaz] if it is to a place not too far fromt he estates, he may not charge too much

[BOB] Indigo XP award: 100. Level-up!

[BOB] Imari XP award: 250. Next level in 13606.

[BOB] Foriso Fairhand XP award: 200. Next level in 3551.

[BOB] Miranda XP award: 100. Next level in 202.

[BOB] Branwyn XP award: 200. Next level in 2959.

[Kaz] Woohoo! Congrats :)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Yay!!!

[BOB] will go get a drink as you look over any changes to that Lisa

[BOB] brb

[BOB] I am away from the keyboard.

[Kaz] maybe the captain is a lonely man *wink wink nudge nudge*

[Indigo (Lisa)] still didn't give Branwyn her bonus

[Indigo (Lisa)] that would be Miranda's thing

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo cannot help with that most likely

[Indigo (Lisa)] :)

[Kaz] lol

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Indigo modified: Personal Information - Next Level:: CHANGED: 8000 (4000). Class Levels - Character Level: (L) : CHANGED: 3 (2). Warrior: (WARL) : CHANGED: 3 (2).

[BOB] I am back at the keyboard.

[BOB] and I will have to fix Branwyn and anyone else at teh end of this story arc

[Kaz] fix them?

[BOB] total up the XP from the last time I gave the 10% bonus and award it then

[BOB] exceptional stats get a 10% XP bonus

[Indigo (Lisa)] okay

[BOB] I never remember to give it out

[BOB] Lisa caught it twice now

[BOB] remember to roll a new Hit Die for Indigo

[BOB] 1d10

[BOB] that is added to his max and current

[Kaz] I never catch it because I think I'm the only one who didn't qualify for it, lol. I never notice.

[Kaz] Which I think suckeths mightily, because rangers have to qualify THREE stats and everyone else only had to qualify one.

[Kaz] Meh. Rangers such.

[Kaz] Suck, too.

[BOB] lol

[BOB] Rangers get lots of nice bonus thigns

[BOB] but in any case

[BOB] lets see that new hit die roll

[Kaz] they do?

[BOB] and if there are any changes to saves and the like

[Kaz] Please, by all means enlighten me.

[BOB] the free tracking for rangers, the free two weapons, the hide in shadows, high level spell use, followers, move silently

[Indigo (Lisa)] looking to see how to do it - always forget

[BOB] all except followers no one else gets

[BOB] or has to spend at least a proficiency to get

[Kaz] Yes, they've been of so much use to me so far. Well, the weapons has, but the others are so iffy.

[BOB] so at first level is like a fighter who has used up 4 proficiency slots already

[BOB] you need an outdoor adventure

[BOB] or another one

[BOB] to help you solidify what you are good at

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Indigo modified: Combat - Melee THAC0: (THAC0) : CHANGED: 18 (19).

[BOB] remember all your various skills

[BOB] Kristelle is a nice character

[BOB] there is a reason you want to get her back

[Kaz] I know, I'm getting used to her

[Kaz] Yeah, because I'm getting used to her, and because she has a great RP story

[BOB] smiles

[Kaz] trust me, it's not because she's a great fighter.

[BOB] she is a good fighter

[Kaz] notice how she's DEAD. lol

[BOB] well

[BOB] that was bad luck

[BOB] and bad timing

[BOB] Imari could be just as dead from stuborness

[BOB] but Branwyn saved her

[Indigo (Lisa)] (1d10) [1d10=2] 2

[Indigo (Lisa)] lovely

[BOB] so add two points to both pieces of the HP

[BOB] you can not be above average every time grins

[BOB] Lake Woebegone

[BOB] where the women are strong, the men are good looking and all the children are above average

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Indigo modified: Combat - Max Hit Points:: CHANGED: 21 (19).

[Indigo (Lisa)] will take a million years for Indigo to level again

[Indigo (Lisa)] just kinda sucks

[Indigo (Lisa)] oh well

[BOB] well at third level the average should be 15

[BOB] and he has 21

[BOB] now did you add your Con bonus?

[BOB] and I know the answer is no

[Indigo (Lisa)] lol

[BOB] so go add that in

[Indigo (Lisa)] 14 con gets a bonus?

[Kaz] hehehe

[BOB] not sure

[BOB] would be on hs sheet if he does

[BOB] just guessing he does because most fighters do

[BOB] he gets a +2

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Indigo modified: Combat - Current Hit Points:: CHANGED: 16 (14).

[BOB] so now at a 22 and 18

[BOB] for max and current

[Indigo (Lisa)] huh? +1 total and +2 current?

[BOB] sorry 23

[BOB] +2 to each

[Indigo (Lisa)] okay

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Indigo modified: Combat - Current Hit Points:: CHANGED: 18 (16). Max Hit Points:: CHANGED: 23 (21).

[BOB] and for a third level fighter average is 15 max is 30 and you have 23

[BOB] not too bad at all

[Indigo (Lisa)] feel much better now

[Indigo (Lisa)] like I could fight 23 pirates

[BOB] grins

[BOB] ok, so all set for the night?

[BOB] a decent cliff hanger for the break?

[BOB] we come back and you can storm OUT of the castle

[Indigo (Lisa)] sure

[Kaz] it's a decent cliff hanger for the break

[Kaz] tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired

[BOB] go to bed

[BOB] see you before I leave I am sure

[Kaz] When are you leaving?

[BOB] Thursday morning

[BOB] and back end of June

[Kaz] I'm sure I'll see you before Thursday.

[BOB] will be back a day or two before we play in July

[BOB] and have all sorts of Roman and Medicci traps percolating in my mind

[Indigo (Lisa)] well I'm done too

[Indigo (Lisa)] have a good night Kaz

[Indigo (Lisa)] arrivederrchi Bob

[BOB] and hope you get to plot on the site

[Kaz] Good night Lisa, Good night Bob

[BOB] night

Lisa has left the game on Fri Jun 04 23:20:27 EDT 2010

[Kaz] and seriously.. please remember it will only be the two characters able to fight.

[BOB] nods

[Kaz] Night!

Kaz has left the game on Fri Jun 04 23:21:00 EDT 2010


Experience awarded