View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Aug2412

Aug 24 12 - Desperate Old Men

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Aug 24 18:02:49 EDT 2012 ====

[Master] Indigo moved 36'07".

[Master] Indigo moved 38'08".

[Master] Indigo targets Guard #5. Distance: 5'03"

[Master] I am thinking, just give me a second

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

Guy has joined the game on Fri Aug 24 18:33:39 EDT 2012

Guy is receiving the map Church District Overview...

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Master] welcome back

Guy has received the map Church District Overview.

[Guy] weee

[Guy] been a lot longer than i wanted to be gone thats for sure

[Guy] so what all has sarengar learned from busking :)

[Guy] and how much has he made lol

[Master] grins, (2d20) [2d20=15,8] 23 in SP

[Guy] not bad

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Aug 24 18:45:12 EDT 2012

Lisa is receiving the map Church District Overview...

Lisa has received the map Church District Overview.

[Master] look who came home

[Lisa] Hey Stranger!! :)

[Guy] howdy howdy

[Lisa] We missed you

[Lisa] and blamed you for everything that went wrong

[Guy] hehehehehe i at least was making money while being gone lol

[Lisa] that is something

[Guy] both in game and out of game lol

[Lisa] everything okay besides the worst work schedule in the world?

[Guy] yup i got the best news on monday, i got the maintenance job

[Lisa] so will be what you want?

[Guy] so i will now have a set schedule

[Lisa] they won't keep switching you around all over the place?

[Guy] nope

[Lisa] great! :)

[Guy] 4-12:30

[Lisa] but not on Fridays

[Guy] tuesday thru saturday

[Lisa] so you will miss Fridays....

[Guy] nope

[Guy] at first i may not be in the whole game but i will be in

[Lisa] 4 am??

[Guy] yup

[Lisa] Yikes! I thought I was bad. That's when my alarm goes off but you would already be at work

BiBo!!! has joined the game on Fri Aug 24 18:52:24 EDT 2012

BiBo!!! is receiving the map Church District Overview...

[Guy] i may switch it over to 5-1:30 once i get things back on track

[Guy] hey marco

[Lisa] Hi Marco :)

[Lisa] later sounds better

[Guy] but i get my full 40 hours and not just scheduled 40 and then have to take breaks out of that

[Lisa] for sleep

BiBo!!! has received the map Church District Overview.

[Guy] not really this is what was doing when i first started so its not too bad

[Lisa] I guess you get used to it

[BiBo!!!] howdy

[Guy] yup and im so ready for it too

[BiBo!!!] guy! you arent dead!

[Guy] nope noty yet anyways lol

[Guy] another year older and ready for some fun again

[BiBo!!!] so what are you doing here then?

[Lisa] lol

[Guy] meh

[Master] not sure about TMO's time in tonight so will give him until 7

[Master] then Llath and Koorin can wander up by the library when Sarengar happens to go by

[BiBo!!!] I am not sure how long I will be in, but doubtful it will be the full session today

[Master] Sarengar moved 37'07".

[BiBo!!!] but at least there is no epic mountain trek in my future

[Master] you did not get horribly sun burned either I saw

[Master] being that close to the sun

[BiBo!!!] it rained the entire time

[BiBo!!!] I froze instead

[Guy] I am back at the keyboard.

[Sarengar (Guy)] lol

[BiBo!!!] it was fricken cold at the top

JohnAA has joined the game on Fri Aug 24 19:01:41 EDT 2012

JohnAA is receiving the map Church District Overview...

[Master] grins

[Master] that is a nice surprise

JohnAA has received the map Church District Overview.

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 333. Next level in 101003.

[Master] Sarengar XP award: 333. Next level in 4631.

[Master] Llathandryll XP award: 333. Next level in 12267.

[Lisa] And John too! Hello! :)

[Sarengar (Guy)] hey john

[JohnAA] Hello All

[BiBo!!!] just in time :)

[JohnAA] to die?

[BiBo!!!] to let us get xp

[Lisa] to miss the xp bonus

[JohnAA] oh that was on purpose

[JohnAA] I know the feeling

[Master] John you have Hoffman only, Qui is meditating

[JohnAA] np

[JohnAA] he is easier to play

[Lisa] when you find out what happened you may want to give him a kick

[Lisa] QuiFon I mean

[Master (to JohnAA only)] you spent the last two days wandering around the church and talking to people, you did not stumble upon Mina Mosskin, but you can tell them that Qui has been chosen as a guest judge for the festival on the 18th

[Lisa] get him out of his trance

[Master] OK

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Not on your life

[Master] so Sarengar spots Hoffman walking out of the Church at the same time he spots Koorin walking out of the Market District and into the Church District

[Master] Koorin and Llathandryll moved 91'01".

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] not only will he be mad at me but he may not let me join him as a guest judge

[Master] Sarengar moved 50'06".

[Master] Hoffman moved 67'09".

[Lisa] lol

[Master] Sarengar, Hoffman, Koorin and Llathandryll moved 45'04".

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 56'03".

[Master] Indigo moved 60'01".

[Lisa] (branwyn would kick him awake if you asked as to not ruin your chances)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (is she still mia?)

[Master] Indigo is out getting water from the well for Branwyn and hears familiar voices out in the courtyard in front of the church

[Master] and Hoffman does not know yet

[Master] but here you go

[Lisa] (no she's back and relaxing in the library storage room)

[Master] cue Sarengar

[Sarengar (Guy)] there you are

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] yes, I am

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] as planed

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] as was ment to be

[Sarengar (Guy)] where is indigo?

[BiBo!!!] we're back in the well?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] how should I know

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] he was with you

Sarengar (Guy) pats Koorins shoulder

[Master] (you are happening upon each other in teh courtyard in front of hte church and library)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (which church?)

[Sarengar (Guy)] I havent seen anybody except a certain princess that we have been searching for

[Master] the big main church

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] You found her? So we can go hone now

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] she was actually in THIS castle

[Sarengar (Guy)] not exactly

[Sarengar (Guy)] shes here but she doesnt want to be bothered until the 18th

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] someting specail about the festivle?

[Sarengar (Guy)] she wouldnt tell me

[Sarengar (Guy)] just told me to leave and not bother her

[BiBo!!!] I am back at the keyboard.

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "I am going to kill that toybox."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ok, do you think she was in her right mind, in control of her actions

[Sarengar (Guy)] she said she was ok and it felt like the truth to me

Indigo (Lisa) sees group down the steps and runs over

[Sarengar (Guy)] wasnt able to ask many questions but she was just like she usually is at the manor

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 58'02".

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] well does everyine else know> Should we gather the troups to discuss

[Indigo (Lisa)] SARENGAR!!!

[Sarengar (Guy)] well its about time you decided to show up

[Indigo (Lisa)] Where have you been? And why didn't you tell us when Branwyn went missing!

Sarengar (Guy) grins at Indigo

[Indigo (Lisa)] Me?

[Indigo (Lisa)] I left you a note.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::dumb look on face::

[Indigo (Lisa)] We thopught Branwyn had her bowels taken out or something worse

[Indigo (Lisa)] And you were nowhere!

[Sarengar (Guy)] well when Bran disappeared i got worried so i went to the chutrch

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "There is still time for disembowelment."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] I am sure he was somewhere

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] nowhere is a hard palce to come back from

[Indigo (Lisa)] Then we heard you were playing with Treble and singing on street corners.

[Sarengar (Guy)] and ive been at the market waiting to see if anybody would show

[Indigo (Lisa)] But we were at the hotel. Why did you think I would go shopping? I hate shopping.

[Sarengar (Guy)] i didnt see Bran at the the church but i did see mosskin

[Sarengar (Guy)] she doesnt want to be bothered til the 18th

[Indigo (Lisa)] Yeah! Ilero and Androp are seeing her now to make sure she really is who she is.

[Sarengar (Guy)] she is

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "Why not?"

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] is this a conversation we should have in the street?

[Sarengar (Guy)] she didnt say and i couldnt get a word in edgewise

[Sarengar (Guy)] Bran is the one Im worried about

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "I am definitely going to have to kill somebody."

[Indigo (Lisa)] Oh she's fine

[Indigo (Lisa)] We can go see her if you want. They put us in the storage room so we won't mess up the books.

[Sarengar (Guy)] why would Bran of all people mess up books?

[Indigo (Lisa)] They tried to give me a reading test

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] you?

[Indigo (Lisa)] I think it's the mage thing

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well I said I could read.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I can

[Indigo (Lisa)] Just Hin as all and that's not what they showed me.

[Sarengar (Guy)] dont look at me I only read music

[Indigo (Lisa)] The librarians are really protective of the books

[Koorin (BiBo!!!)] "So... are we done then?"

[Indigo (Lisa)] Here?

[Koorin (BiBo!!!)] "Yeah."

Sarengar (Guy) looks around fearfully and whispers "never upset a librarian they know everything"

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::dumb look on face::

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well I guess so if Ilero and Androp get Wilamina.

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "She has a point. We found the woman. She is in no danger. Is it time to get our payment?"

[Indigo (Lisa)] But we still have to go see the vampires.

[Master] Hoffman moved 31'07".

[Master] Sarengar moved 17'00".

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "Why?"

[Master] Koorin moved 13'07".

[Master] Llathandryll moved 16'02".

[Master] Indigo moved 7'10".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Since Miranda went there with Toybin.

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((and if you ever see an orangutan as a librarian NEVER call him a monkey))

[Master] lol

[Indigo (Lisa)] I hope they don't try to invade the castle or anything until we get there

[Master] Mike would like that Guy

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((terry pratchett rules))

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] .

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "Of course. We came up with no plan to meet up in the eventuality that we actually FIND the woman."

Indigo (Lisa) gets defensive "Well you didn't either!"

[Sarengar (Guy)] what are you talking about Indigo?

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "I did say we."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] wait wait wait

[Indigo (Lisa)] But the whole point of Miranda going was to make sure Toybin didn't do anything stupid. So they should be fine.

[Master (to GM only)] Ilero moved 79'04".

[Master (to GM only)] Ilero targets Guard #4. Distance: 4'07"

[Master (to GM only)] Ilero targets Guard #7. Distance: 2'07"

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] we did not get hired, well you guys did not get hirred to chase vampires

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] well

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] you know Miranda right?

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "I blame that paper knight. Thrashings will be had."

[Indigo (Lisa)] Sure. She's healed us a bunch of times

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] and know she is a mage, remember, trying to prove herself

[Sarengar (Guy)] uh oh

[Indigo (Lisa)] Yes but ... she knows we're coming.

[Sarengar (Guy)] does she Indigo?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Of course

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] just saying, how is waiting till the 18th going to mess up oiur schedule

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "We are probably going to have to save their butts because they are currently vampire food."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ( I get to play free will Miranda Vampire right?)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well we supposed to be here a week and then catch up to them and we've only been here a couple of days. So when is the 18th?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] 2 days

[Master] chuckles

[Indigo (Lisa)] So we're good

[Indigo (Lisa)] But I don't think Branwyn is going to want to take Willamina Mosskin to the vampires.

[Sarengar (Guy)] so indigo why is Bran not at the inn?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] I thought we were to escort her to the court thing

[Indigo (Lisa)] So someone will have to take her straight to the naming ceremony.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] OOOHH OOHHHH me me me

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "Why would we take her anywhere? She is fine and dandy on her own, meditating or whatever it is she is doing here."

[Indigo (Lisa)] She got confiscated with all our stuff by the Count.

[Sarengar (Guy)] what?

[Master] Guard #8 moved 15'11".

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Oh yea, the high prist does not like mages, but we knew that right

[Indigo (Lisa)] The Count sent the Captain... He thinks I am a spy.

[Guard #8 (Master)] whatching the group of you talking

[Indigo (Lisa)] And he took her and all our stuff to the Manor.

[Sarengar (Guy)] why?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] I think we need to move along

[Indigo (Lisa)] To protect her bowels from the crazy priest who likes to take them from mages.

[Sarengar (Guy)] who are supposed to br spying for?

TMO has joined the game on Fri Aug 24 19:30:33 EDT 2012

TMO is receiving the map Church District Overview...

[Koorin (BiBo!!!)] "Why would anyone want to take bowls from mages?"

TMO has received the map Church District Overview.

[Indigo (Lisa)] He didn't know. He just thopught since I wasn't following Branwyn around the market all day like some puppy I had to be a spy.

[Master (to GM only)] Ilero moved 18'08".

[Guard #8 (Master)] Ilero comes up from the basement and starts to walk acorss the courtyard of hte library

[TMO] what have I missed?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn doesn't have any bowls.

[Master] Ilero moved 10'05".

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Hi TMO)

[TMO] (Hiya folks)

[Koorin (BiBo!!!)] "Then why would anyone take them?"

[Master] Ilero moved 25'02".

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Just playing catch up)

[Guard #8 (Master)] any of you can make an observatoin check

[Koorin (BiBo!!!)] "She doesnt have any to take."

[Guard #8 (Master)] to see if you spot Ilero walking across the courtyard

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((howdy TMO))

[Indigo (Lisa)] bow- ells. Your guts I guess is what it is.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Hoffman: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=4] 4 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 14!!

[Sarengar (Guy)] so this priest needs a good dose of resality?

[Koorin (BiBo!!!)] "Why would anyone want those? Are they tasty? I never had mage bowel before."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] We are being watched

Indigo (Lisa) looks around

[Sarengar (Guy)] Sarengar: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=6] 6 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 12!!

[Guard #8 (Master)] you spot the guard casually watching you

[Guard #8 (Master)] and you spot Ilero entering the library

[Sarengar (Guy)] hmm

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] we are the crowd that is starting to grow that needs to be dispursed

[Sarengar (Guy)] we have an audience and Ilero just entered the library

[Indigo (Lisa)] Should we go in and see Branwyn?

[TMO] (Ilero blends in very well with his Book-and-Scroll Camouflaged Cloak on

[Master] Ilero moved 38'00".

[Master] Ilero targets Guard #5. Distance: 4'07"

[Master] Yulf moved 21'10".

[Sarengar (Guy)] yes lets see Bran

[Master] Hoffman, Indigo, Koorin, Sarengar and Llathandryll moved 82'05".

[Guard #8 (Master)] so just before the rest get there

[Guard #8 (Master)] Ilero opens the door to see Branwyn and Frend Holper inside

[Master] Guard #5 moved 5'09".

[Master] Friend Holper moved 2'03".

[Master] Llathandryll, Indigo, Hoffman, Koorin and Sarengar moved 28'01".

[Master] so Bran and Ilero have a moment before the rest appear

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (holper is there too?)

[Master] yes

Ilero (TMO) reveals his doppleganger nature, hides her body, and assumes her form.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well how did the visit go?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is she in good spirits?

[Master] Sarengar moved 13'01".

[Master] Sarengar targets Guard #5. Distance: 5'11"

[Master] Indigo moved 8'04".

[Master] Hoffman moved 7'05".

[Ilero (TMO)] She might be. Hye no longer am. She no want to be disturbed by no one. Including us. Even after I say about Toybin being off watching vampires.

[Master] Ilero moved 2'08".

[Master (to GM only)] Androp Ilkep moved 8'05".

[Master] Sarengar moved 4'03".

[Master] Indigo moved 5'07".

[Master] Hoffman moved 4'09".

[Master] Koorin moved 6'03".

[Master] Llathandryll moved 5'08".

[Ilero (TMO)] Is she always so self-fish, or Hye just catch her at bad time?

[Master] Time of Day: 01:12 PM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You told her about the vampires?

[Friend Holper (Master)] the bells

[Friend Holper (Master)] I will be right back

[Master] Friend Holper moved 12'09".

[Friend Holper (Master)] excuse me

[Master] Friend Holper moved 9'06".

Sarengar (Guy) vchuckles

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye try to nicely convince her to come vith us.

[Ilero (TMO)] She no listen to reason other way.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What was she doing?

[Ilero (TMO)] Reading. Researching. Something like dat.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Branwyn, we don't have to go visit the vampires do we?

Sarengar (Guy) grabs Bran and picks her up

[Sarengar (Guy)] next time leave us a note!

[Master] Sarengar moved 4'07".

Sarengar (Guy) puts her down

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs "Good to finally see you too!"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I didn't exactly have a choice at the time.

[Sarengar (Guy)] and shes ok she just doesnt want to be bothered til thye 18th

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I thought for sure you would have heard me yelling down the hallway.

[Sarengar (Guy)] and where is this accursed priest thats likes to disembowel mages

Sarengar (Guy) choughs and blushes

[Sarengar (Guy)] umm i was a little pre-occupied

[Master (to JohnAA only)] that would be brother stephanie if you don't remember, the head priest of the Chrush

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Stephanie? Bah! He's an angry little he/she I could care less about at this point.

[Ilero (TMO)] (did you say last week that Ilero's native language is the same as everyone else's here?)

[Master] yes

[Master] just different accent

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] hee

[Master] 90% similar

[Sarengar (Guy)] yeah but it threatened a friend of mine and that makes me angry.

[Sarengar (Guy)] you wouldnt like me when im angry

[Ilero (TMO)] (oh, okay. I've been doing his accent wrong then. I've been treating it like a foreigner speaking a different language. Will have to consider how to fix)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I keep offering to help but apparently everyone likes him this way.

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((dont its awesome))

[Master] yeah you are doing great

[Master] you are from a deep backwoods

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes - we like it)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] yo no habla english

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((heck reading ileros comments have made me laugh when i needed it most

[Ilero (TMO)] (don't worry. the final version will still be awesome. Everything I do is full of awesome. Just ask me or check my references. :D)

[Master] lol

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And Hoffman, it is good to see you too.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] i did not know i was suposed to worry about you

[Sarengar (Guy)] maybe stephanie should feel what its like to be disemboweled

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think we can skip the vampires but we do have to head in that direction and retrieve Miranda. We can't just leave her with Toybin.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is probably for the best.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] well Strphanie would feel beter if he was a guy again

[Sarengar (Guy)] I guess we should save toybin as well

[Master] (is a guy who was a girl)

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "I say feed him to the vampires."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] that is what i ment

[Ilero (TMO)] I has knife. Can convert her manually, yes?

[Master] oh man

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((bob you were a girl??? why you no say nothing?? lol))

[Master] lol

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((Im baaaaaaack lol))

[Master] Hoffman moved 5'01".

[Master] Koorin moved 9'08".

[Master] Llathandryll moved 5'04".

[Master] Indigo moved 2'09".

[Master] There is still the guard standing there in the corner watching over your group

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((so does bran have all our things?))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So Wilamina is perfectly fine. She just fancies herself an author at the moment?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (it's all at the manor)

[Sarengar (Guy)] shes ok but she never said what she was doing and I couldnt get a word in edgewise

[Ilero (TMO)] Why Princess run off in middle of night to write books?

[Sarengar (Guy)] I guess we will have to wait til the 18th to find out for sure

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::walks over to guard::

[Sarengar (Guy)] Bran lets get you and our things back to the Inn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ummmm... I can't really do that.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Excuse me, do you know abou the festival comming up on the 18th?

[Sarengar (Guy)] why not?

Ilero (TMO) shrugs. "Why not? We gots nothing more important than running halfway cross world to chase down royal with itch to write and no desire to tell no one what she doing."

[Guard #5 (Master)] I know there is some big thing happening, we delivered two people carrying a bunch of boxes of books or soemthing

[Guard #5 (Master)] I guess it si books

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm a special guest of the Count. He's trying to protect me from Stephanie.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (I thought this was suposed to be a secrete mission)

[Ilero (TMO)] (I am a bit grumpy ooc, btw. ;) I'm funneling thru Ilero's being grumpy at being the target of a hold person spell)

[Guard #5 (Master)] (Marco would have flipped out if he had been here end of last session, but he never reads the chat log ;) )

[Sarengar (Guy)] well the count can take a break between Ilero and myself if that lousy excuse for a priest thinks he can try anything on you Im sure we can stoip him

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] So it is a special festive, not a regular schedled one?

[Sarengar (Guy)] or even better me and ilero can go pay him a visit right now and break every single finger he has [Guard #5 (Master) (to JohnAA only)] is a regular yearly festival for Cogse, here is it a special thing because they have an actual library for the church, that is a rarity

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] ((hey, its hard enough reading through a chat log when it is live. no interest when it is old))

[Guard #5 (Master)] I don't know, I am not from around these parts

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is what is odd Ilero. I don't understand why she wouldn't just tell you what's happening. I'm going to have to ask Friend Holper a few questions when he gets back.

[Ilero (TMO)] No. He was doing duty as Princess tell him to escort us out. Hye let him slide this time. But hye not be so genrous if he get in my way again.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What did he do?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Do you know who the books are for?

[Ilero (TMO)] Spelled me. Felt like could not move anyting.

[Guard #5 (Master)] I do not know how to read, I did not listen to what the books were about, only they were going on and ong about them not getting wet

Sarengar (Guy) paces back anfd forth

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He cast on you and Androp? The one that hates all the magic spells, uses his little priest spells to get you out of the room?

[Master] Sarengar moved 12'03".

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] "Well, books generally are best not wet."

[Master] Sarengar moved 25'01".

[Master] Sarengar moved 36'07".

[Master] Sarengar moved 48'09".

[Master] Sarengar moved 61'11".

[Master] Sarengar moved 75'09".

[Master] Sarengar moved 89'08".

[Master] Sarengar moved 101'07".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hypocrit

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (As far as we know, does Stephine know about the princecess?)

[Guard #5 (Master)] no clue

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we have no idea)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she's not officially a princess yet)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (it is a diffrent church she was in?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (at this moment she is just Wilamina mosskin - so he might not know who he has)

[Master] This is the big church, the one to Cogse,

[Master] there are two minor shrines on the outside

[Master] there is a different church in the Citizens district

[Master] and smaller shrines scattered abou tthe Citadel

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So Ilero, is it guarded? Can you sneak back in there later and try to talk to her again?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (which one is Qui in?)

[Master] but when talking about a church this is it

[Master] and this is where Qui is

[Master] across the courtyard

[Master] Friend Holper moved 7'05".

[Master] Time of Day: 01:27 PM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Friend Holper moved 8'06".

Sarengar (Guy) mutters "stephanie needs to be taught a lesson not to mess with my friends"

[Friend Holper (Master)] sorry about that, important to be there for the shift change over

[Friend Holper (Master)] are you all happy ?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ecstatic Holper.

[Friend Holper (Master)] did you find what you came for?

[Master] Llathandryll moved 14'11".

[Master] Indigo moved 7'01".

[Master] Hoffman moved 3'00".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Did you have fun casting your priest spells on my friends?

Sarengar (Guy) glares at holper

[Friend Holper (Master)] swallows

[Friend Holper (Master)] I only did what was needed when they did not follow instructions, I did not attempt to harm them in any way

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Casting is just so convenient when things don't go your way, isn't it?

[Friend Holper (Master)] not at all

[Friend Holper (Master)] it is terribly taxing

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Branwryn, do you know it was Stephie behind your abduction?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I would much rather that people simply listened

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs "For you maybe"

[Ilero (TMO)] Like she was not listening to us maybe?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No one abducted me. I was invited to be a guest of the Count.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And I am under his protection, Holper.

[Friend Holper (Master)] I am sorry Branwyn the Mysterious but your friends wanted to meet with this person, she told them to leave and they refused

[Friend Holper (Master)] she was most emphatic

[Friend Holper (Master)] I did not want to hurt your friends

Sarengar (Guy) walks over to holper

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What exactly is she doing anyway?

[Friend Holper (Master)] that is for her to discuss if she wishes

[Friend Holper (Master)] the librarian code forbids me from telling you anything

[Ilero (TMO)] Is all true. Not worth de effort of rectify unless it happen again.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Librarian code?

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((MONKEY!!!!))

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

[Friend Holper (Master)] I am respectful of all who come here to use our research

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So librarians suddenly hate mages too?

[Friend Holper (Master)] we do not judge

[Friend Holper (Master)] no

[Friend Holper (Master)] I do not hate you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Or is it just that librarians are rarely helpful kind of code?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I wish you were not here, it makes my life more difficult

[Friend Holper (Master)] I do not understand why you would be angry with me

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs, "I'm not angry. I just want access to Wilamina and don't understand why this is so difficult. I have come from her father with news."

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Do you know about the festive Friend?

[Sarengar (Guy)] trust me if we were angry at you then we would be having an entirely different kind of conversation

[Friend Holper (Master)] she does not want to be disturbed

[Branwyn (Lisa)] She might want to be IF she heard the news!

[Friend Holper (Master)] she is a known ranking noble, her word is held in higher reguard here than anyone in your group

[Friend Holper (Master)] I took two of your people to her, they could not convince her

[Friend Holper (Master)] (john all the priests know about the festival)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So what happens on the 18th? Can we talk to her then? Where wikll she be on that day?

[Friend Holper (Master)] apparently she said she did nto want to be disturbed until the 18th

[Friend Holper (Master)] I suppose that means you can talk to her that day

[Branwyn (Lisa)] what happens on that day?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I do not know where she will be

[Friend Holper (Master)] that is the day of the festival

[Friend Holper (Master)] the day opens with a speical service

[Friend Holper (Master)] a call to learning

[Friend Holper (Master)] there is alesson in reading

[Friend Holper (Master)] then there is the mid day prary of thanks for knowledge

[Sarengar (Guy)] hmm a special service? with stephanie presiding?

[Friend Holper (Master)] then the afternoon there is a display of books

[Friend Holper (Master)] of course, Brother Stephanie is the leader of our Church

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

Sarengar (Guy) mutters something that sounds kind of like not for much longer

[Friend Holper (Master)] there will be a three person judging panel of who presents the best idea for display

[Ilero (TMO)] She be safe. We was to make sure she safe, yes?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Didn't Unle Yulf say all the people with books stand next to them while judges look at them?

[Friend Holper (Master)] they will recieve a special blessing from teh Church

[Friend Holper (Master)] Oh yes, no one woudl want to be far from their special display

[Indigo (Lisa)] Is she going to be standing next to her book?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I suppose so

Sarengar (Guy) looks at Indigo

[Friend Holper (Master)] not everyone has an entry yet

[Sarengar (Guy)] are you ithinking what Im thinking?

[Friend Holper (Master)] there are only five official entries so far

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And hers is one of them?

[Friend Holper (Master)] no

[Friend Holper (Master)] perhaps she is not certain she will be ready in time

[Friend Holper (Master)] and that could be why she is upset at the interuptions?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I do not know I have not interupted her

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye have. Hye be no more enlightened dan you.

[Sarengar (Guy)] Bran if she enters and is standing buy her entry thyen she will be a perfect target for any assassination attempt

[Friend Holper (Master)] why would someone want to assasinate her?

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye am sure de place will be crawling wit priests and dere person-holding spells, no?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is possible. I'm not sure who wants to kill her though.

[Friend Holper (Master)] the person holding spells are a common way of controling people Sir....

[Sarengar (Guy)] i can think of at least 2 people who would

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes this place will be crawling with them

[Friend Holper (Master)] it is more kind then a dagger

[Ilero (TMO)] (*grin* Oh, now he's starting to get defensive about it, is he? :D)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So if we were here at first light before the services begin on the 18th we could see her?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I do not know,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And Friend Holper, a dagger allows a fair fight. A hold spell does not.

[Friend Holper (Master)] I would be careful of announcing your precence

[Ilero (TMO)] (*opens phone book and starts looking for a lawyer specializing in 'Assault, Magical' cases.)

[Friend Holper (Master)] I am doubtful that you would find an easy tim ehere

[Friend Holper (Master)] during the festival of Books

[Sarengar (Guy)] tell stephanie that if it tries to harm Bran then i will take his head and put it on the point of his bloody church

[Ilero (TMO)] Is not worth it, Lady Branwyn. So long as it not happen again, hye drop de topic.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am resigned to the fact that you are never going to be happy with my presence but the more you cooperate, the faster I leave.

[Friend Holper (Master)] (you do understand that Brother's as a title mean at least 9th level)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But at first light on the 18th you will take us to her.

[Friend Holper (Master)] I will be here in the library as always

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((yeah i do but i also dont plan on fightinbg fair lol))

[Friend Holper (Master)] if she will see you I will be here to take you to her

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] ((good luck with that))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] and if she won't we will wait outside her door until she exits.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You wouldn't mind that would you?

[Friend Holper (Master)] I think that if you are here at the library that day you will attract some unwanted attention

[Friend Holper (Master)] but your friends are more than welcome

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We shall see.

[Friend Holper (Master)] the traditional judges are Brother Stephanie, the Count and this year there is a special guest judge from a far off land

[Friend Holper (Master)] (guess who)

[Sarengar (Guy)] Holper never underestimate what motivated peopl can and will do

[Friend Holper (Master)] I have given up my place on the panel to him

[Master] Time of Day: 01:42 PM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

Sarengar (Guy) sets Treble on Branwyns shoulder

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am sure this judge is very important.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles and gives her head a pat

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] i think so

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And you shall consider my offer to make Brother Stephanie a more pleasant person in the next day or two?

[Sarengar (Guy)] Her highness has missed you

Sarengar (Guy) grins at Branwyn

[Friend Holper (Master)] I will not even entertain any idea of making choices for Brother Stephanie

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers to Treble "We'll get you some nice fish when we get out of here"

[Treble (Master)] rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You don't have to decide for him. Just let him know he doesn't have to continue to be the miserable wretch that he is if he so chooses to change.

[Friend Holper (Master)] coughs

[Friend Holper (Master)] I will let someone else tell him he is a miserable wretch

[Sarengar (Guy)] Ill be glad to

[Branwyn (Lisa) (to Master only)] want to cantrip Holper's robes to a nice bright pink

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

Branwyn (Lisa) starts humming inncoently and waves her hand a bit before petting Treble again

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You don't have to quote me.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] i am being pages, I will try and get back

Friend Holper (Master) blinks and stares down at his robes

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] TTFN

JohnAA has left the game on Fri Aug 24 20:28:17 EDT 2012

[Friend Holper (Master)] what?!?!

[Friend Holper (Master)] why?

[Friend Holper (Master)] no

[Friend Holper (Master)] this is you!

[Friend Holper (Master)] pointing at Branwyn

[Friend Holper (Master)] as his robes turn a bright pink

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But it looks so nice

Sarengar (Guy) chuckles

[Friend Holper (Master)] I think I begin to understand the problems with mages

Friend Holper (Master) turns to the guard

[Friend Holper (Master)] please escort them out of the library

[Master] Friend Holper moved 7'01".

Friend Holper (Master) SLAM

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sorry. Just couldn't help myself.

[Guard #5 (Master)] coughs, do you want to leave?

[Guard #5 (Master)] I don't work for him

[Master] Friend Holper moved 43'04".

[Sarengar (Guy)] not really

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is the Captain still here to escort me back?

[Guard #5 (Master)] as long as I am here I don't have to move more boxes

[Sarengar (Guy)] we havent seen our friend in a while

[Guard #5 (Master)] no clue who the captain is

[Sarengar (Guy)] and her highness has missed her pet mage

Sarengar (Guy) grins at Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Captain Miltor of the Iron Guard

[Guard #5 (Master)] shrugs

[Guard #5 (Master)] the iron guard is important here right?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Did you pick up her collar at Labin's?

[Guard #5 (Master)] I am not from Vilmar

[Sarengar (Guy)] not yet

[Sarengar (Guy)] oh where are you from?

[Indigo (Lisa)] They are second in importance only to the Arm of Cahus!

[Guard #5 (Master)] the royal estates

[Llathandryll (BiBo!!!)] ((sorry guys, gotta go. Kill something for me))

[Guard #5 (Master)] the Arm of Cahus

[Guard #5 (Master)] they are Paladins, and from far off right?

[Guard #5 (Master)] (night/day Marco)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Yes but they have a temple here with crypts to fallen warriors and everything!

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((night marco))

BiBo!!! has left the game on Fri Aug 24 20:32:40 EDT 2012

[Indigo (Lisa)] (bye marco)

[Guard #5 (Master)] huh, that might be interesting to see

[Guard #5 (Master)] better than these stupid books

[Indigo (Lisa)] That's what I think too!

Guard #5 (Master) grins

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Speaking of warriors and the Captain, I forgot to ask you if you were interested in fighting any giants?

[Guard #5 (Master)] me? no

[Indigo (Lisa)] GIANTS!!!

[Guard #5 (Master)] why would I want to fight giants if I don't have to?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not you silly man!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The Captain has requested Indigo's services in fighting some hill giants.

[Guard #5 (Master)] He seems sort of short to fight giants

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I told him we were leaving town, but if we stay a few more days....

[Sarengar (Guy)] fighting giants?

[Indigo (Lisa)] People think I'm too short to fight a lot of things. But a lot of people who think that are dead.

[Sarengar (Guy)] could be interesting

[Indigo (Lisa)] I want to go.

[Indigo (Lisa)] You want too also? And we can take Androp and maybe Olif will go with us.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Ilero, do you want to fight giants? I'

[Sarengar (Guy)] Id be interested in trying on some gfiants

[Sarengar (Guy)] could be fun

[Indigo (Lisa)] I've never even seen one before.

[Sarengar (Guy)] when does he want us to go after these giants?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think it was right away. So I would stay here.

[Sarengar (Guy)] hmnm

[Sarengar (Guy)] that doesnt sound very suspicious at all does it

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The Captain can tell us for sure.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You think the Count has hired giants to distract us?

[Guard #5 (Master)] can we go now?

[Sarengar (Guy)] I think its possible

Sarengar (Guy) looks over at the guard "just sit down and relax we will be done when we are done"

[Guard #5 (Master)] well

[Guard #5 (Master)] I do need to get back to my caravan

[Sarengar (Guy)] think about it the rest of us are gone leaving you alone here with that insane bloodthirsty pathetic excuse of a p[riest

[Guard #5 (Master)] and the priest asked me to help you get out of the library

[Guard #5 (Master)] so the sooner I am done with that the sooner I can go get an ale

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye tink we make the locals nervous.

[Sarengar (Guy)] then get back to your caravan we will be fine and these priest can kiss an orcs hairy backside for all i care

[Indigo (Lisa)] Are you a gypsy?

[Guard #5 (Master)] no!

[Guard #5 (Master)] who are you calling a gypsy!

[Indigo (Lisa)] You said you has a caravan

[Guard #5 (Master)] so?

[Sarengar (Guy)] I like gypsys so be very careful about what you say concerning them

[Guard #5 (Master)] you can't trust gypsies

[Guard #5 (Master)] they will rob you blind the minute you turn your back

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well gypsies have caravans and you have a caravan so you must be a gypsy

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye tink we make the locals nervous.

[Sarengar (Guy)] i trust gypsies a lot more than i truyst caravan guards

[Guard #5 (Master)] maybe that priest was right to think you are a bunch of crazy people

[Indigo (Lisa)] He's not local. Where are you from anyway?

[Guard #5 (Master)] the Royal Estates

[Ilero (TMO)] Do we haff to antagonize everybody in dis town?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Chandler Cowles Royal Estates?

[Indigo (Lisa)] THE Royal Estates?

[Guard #5 (Master)] the Royal Estates, not hte Cowles estates

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye can paint silly faces on the walls if hye haff to

[Guard #5 (Master)] my father is a carpenter there

[Sarengar (Guy)] Ilero Im not feelinmg very friendly to a lot of peopl in this place

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You are guards of the Royal Family and you are in Vilmar and not getting ready for the Naming ceremony?

[Guard #5 (Master)] no no

[Guard #5 (Master)] I am not a royal guard

[Guard #5 (Master)] my father is a carpenter, I am not a noble

[Guard #5 (Master)] only peopel from a noble house get to be on the royal guard

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Who hired you to come here?

[Guard #5 (Master)] a priest a Friend Kellin

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Uncle Yulf kept talking about some delivery. What did you deliver?

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at Ilero confused, "Why do you want to paint the walls?"

[Guard #5 (Master)] Friend kellin had a dozen books to bring here to the library

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh yes that's right. The were-books.

Guard #5 (Master) shrugs

[Guard #5 (Master)] I do not know what is in them

[Guard #5 (Master)] brb drinks

Sarengar (Guy) points at he book "there books"

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

Sarengar (Guy) points at the guard "there guard"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There are supposed to be books on every were creater imaginable.

[Ilero (TMO)] Well obviously we ain't done pissed off everybody here yet. Gots to get te peasant upset too

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (creature)

[Sarengar (Guy)] I like ths peasants

[Sarengar (Guy)] especially her highnesses seneschal

[Indigo (Lisa)] I didn't mean to make him upset. I just thought only gypsies ride in caravans is all.

[Sarengar (Guy)] but I dont like the count or some of the priests. I dont trust them any further than i could toss a giant

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But you haven't even met the Count yet. He really is a nice man. I am glad he was not the kidnapper we thought he was.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We should see if you can come to dinner and meet him and his family.

[Sarengar (Guy)] hes keeping you away from us, and trying to get us out of the way while keeping you here

[Sarengar (Guy)] so no i dont trust him

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe we should check with the customs guard about Wilamina's arrival.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He's your friend Ilero?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you paid him enough)

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye tink he should remember me, yes.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It would be interesting to see when she arrived and if she came alone. Donb't you think?

[Sarengar (Guy)] now thats our Beranwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can't imagine her travelling here by herself.

[Ilero (TMO)] Mebbe she come wit giants.

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((man i cannot type tonight))

[Indigo (Lisa)] Are you going to come with us and fight them?

[Sarengar (Guy)] we dont fight anything without Branwyn

[Sarengar (Guy)] if the count doesnt like it he can fight the giants himself

[Indigo (Lisa)] She doesn't have to come! She'd probably just toss fireballs at it and take away all our fun.

Sarengar (Guy) grins at Indigo

[Sarengar (Guy)] feeling bloodthirsty my friend [Indigo (Lisa)] Ilero just got a new shield so he has to come try it out.

[Indigo (Lisa)] We haven't fought anything for real in so long.

Ilero (TMO) snorts. "Just what hye was dreaming of, Indigo. Just what hye was dreaming of."

[Indigo (Lisa)] It'll be great!

[Sarengar (Guy)] if we decide to fight the giants then we cannot leave Bran alone

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I've been alone for the last few days. I'll be fine.

[Sarengar (Guy)] weve been in the citadel though this time we wont be here at all

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The Captain hardly leaves my side.

Sarengar (Guy) snorts

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm surprised he hasn't come to check on me actually.

[Sarengar (Guy)] and will he protect you if the count says to let stephanie have you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But the Count wouldn't do that. That's the whole reason he took me in the first place.

[Sarengar (Guy)] thats what he says for now

[Master] (ar eyou accusing Bran of stockholm syndrome?)

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((nope I just dont trust the count))

[Ilero (TMO)] (we have a stockholm?))

[Master] (because the vilmar estates armed a hundred bullywugs to figtht the Dragonslayers a few years ago?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that's where you're from isn't it?)

[Master] lol

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((lol))

[Master] more finnish than swedish chef

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so what do you want to do next?)

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((that would have been foriso i think, sarengar doesnt trust him because he kidnapped bran))

Sarengar (Guy) sighs

[Master] you have this afternoon

[Master] and tomorrow

[Master] before the festival starts

[Master] you can go to Bran's rooms at the Manor

[Master] or

[Sarengar (Guy)] all right Indigo,Ilero lets go kill some giants. Koorin and hoffman will stay with Bran though

[Sarengar (Guy)] Bran if there is ANY trouble sent Treble to me

[Branwyn (Lisa)] shouldn't Koorin go in case any of you need healing?

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 26'03".

[Captain Miltor (Master)] There you are

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I was worried you got lost in a book

Sarengar (Guy) looks carefully at the new arrival

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles, "Sorry, this took a little longer than I thought"

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I am certain that you enjoyed being able to spend time at the library, few people like you get to visit there

[Sarengar (Guy)] get rid of that psychotic priest and maybe you would have more visitors

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well they basically tossed me in a store room. It wasn't like I got to see any books.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] looks at Sarengar,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Captain Miltor, this is my friend Sarengar by the way.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I am happy to serve my Count

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He is quite well known in Rivers Bend.

Sarengar (Guy) looks at the captain

[Captain Miltor (Master)] that is good for him I am sure

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but any friend of Branwyn the delectable is a good to know

[Indigo (Lisa)] Mysterious!

[Captain Miltor (Master)] oh sorry

[Captain Miltor (Master)] she is quite a mystery I will admit

[Sarengar (Guy)] Miltor im putting you on notice right here and right now that if ANYTHING happens to Branwyn then I will make sure that you regret it for the rest of your short life

[Captain Miltor (Master)] looks at Sarengar

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sarengar! I assure you that I am in no danger here.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I am sworn to my duty to the Count, what you think or feel is not as important

[Sarengar (Guy)] I want the good Captain to understanbd exactly where I am comiong from

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but Mistress Branwyn did not tell me she had a suitor previously

[Ilero (TMO)] (back)

Sarengar (Guy) smiles

[Ilero (TMO)] (sorry, was off getting dinner)

[Sarengar (Guy)] Branwyn is my friend

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I do not doubt that many a man has tried to defend her, but I have found in my short aquaintence that she is most dangerous in more ways than one

Branwyn (Lisa) starting to feel slightly uncomfortable at turn in conversation

Ilero (TMO) stifles a smile.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] In any case, you have obliged me this morning and I had promised you a chance at Indigo's services.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I am mos tgrateful for the chace to have him by my side

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Perhaps you can tell us more about the hill giants?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] there is a small raiding party that was spotting about half a day east of here

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we want to lay an ambush

[Captain Miltor (Master)] take them before they do any more harm

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we should be back in the morning

[Sarengar (Guy)] how big of a raiding party?

[Indigo (Lisa)] We're going to take them prisoner?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I do not anticipate any of them surviving to be a prisoner

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we have not seen them yet, reports say from 2 to 12

[Captain Miltor (Master)] depending on if you believe the farmers

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I personally think it is only 3 or 4

[Captain Miltor (Master)] that is a typical raiding size

[Captain Miltor (Master)] families are bigger

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but that would be foolish to come all this way from the hills to here

[Sarengar (Guy)] plan for the maximum number and you have a better chance of surviving

[Ilero (TMO)] 22.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we have the men we can take, we can not take everyone

[Captain Miltor (Master)] if they come to the walls we have the catapults

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but we want to stop them farther out

[Indigo (Lisa)] But I am not skilled with missile weapons or bows and arrows. I might not be any help in an ambush.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we can give you a crossbow

[Ilero (TMO)] Gots any horse-drawn ballistas?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] if you do not have one

[Indigo (Lisa)] But ... I don't know how to use one

[Captain Miltor (Master)] no we do not have any ballista here at the Citadel

[Ilero (TMO)] Is too bad. Tey makes good ambush stuff.

[Ilero (TMO)] Good surprises to give an enemy.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I hope to surprise them plenty

[Sarengar (Guy)] maybe a pit with spikes at the bottom

[Captain Miltor (Master)] so you are with me Master Indigo?

Sarengar (Guy) paces

[Ilero (TMO)] Pits no good for giants. Tey just step out, unless you gots too many men and too much time on your hands.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't think I'll be of any use unless I can run up there and fight them man to man

[Master] Indigo, Captain Miltor, Ilero, Sarengar and Branwyn moved 185'00".

[Sarengar (Guy)] the spikes will slow them down a little

[Indigo (Lisa)] to giant I mean

[Captain Miltor (Master)] the Captain leads you to the stairs that go up a tower to the wall,

[Captain Miltor (Master)] are you all coming with us to the Manor?

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 15'02".

[Master] Ilero moved 17'09".

[Master] Branwyn moved 7'08".

[Master] Indigo moved 36'03".

[Sarengar (Guy)] maybe spears and lances shoved into their ankles

[Master] Sarengar moved 34'11".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think you would all like to see tha Manor, wouldn't you? Or do you have other plans?

[Ilero (TMO)] Wors for me, yes.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Have they done the catapult tests yet?

[Master] Sarengar, Indigo, Ilero, Captain Miltor and Branwyn moved 77'09".

[Master] Sarengar, Indigo, Ilero, Captain Miltor and Branwyn moved 65'03".

[Sarengar (Guy)] if we can slow them down we can close in and slaughterthem

[Master] Branwyn moved 1'04".

[Captain Miltor (Master)] (this is Bran

[Captain Miltor (Master)] Bran's sitting room)(

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I am sorry we did complete the tests on the west wall this morning

[Captain Miltor (Master)] tomorrow mornign we will be readying the north wall if you want to watch

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That would be wonderful

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And when would you leave for the ambush?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we will leave at 15 bells

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (today or tomorrow?)

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we want to be out into the farm lands before dark

[Captain Miltor (Master)] today

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we will stay out overnight

[Captain Miltor (Master)] then hit them early morning when they are on the move again

[Indigo (Lisa)] Can Senior Private Olif come too?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I do not know who is assigned from the guard

[Indigo (Lisa)] I hope he comes.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I would like to go myself, but I will be staying here at the manor to guard our very important guest

[Ilero (TMO)] (it's tradition - how we reward our friends. By exposing them to mortal danger, terror, and peril.)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You aren't leading the ambush?

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((lol))

Sarengar (Guy) snorts

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Who shall be in charge then?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] sadly no, it is the job of the citadel guard, not the iron guard to do so

[Sarengar (Guy)] convinent

[Ilero (TMO)] Not even as Observer, Captain? Hye am sure tere be something you will wants to observer out tere.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I beleive that captain Jorkin is leading the group

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but if you have a particular person Master Indigo I am certain that he will arrange for him to be there also

[Captain Miltor (Master)] the Iron Guard must be ready to defend the Citadel and the Count

[Captain Miltor (Master)] the Citadel guard handles a wider variety of tasks

Sarengar (Guy) leans over to branwyn and whispers "be very carefdul while we are gone, I have a bad feeling about this"

[Indigo (Lisa)] Since Ilero and I are friends with Senior Private Olif, it would be good to fight along side him is all.

[Indigo (Lisa)] He's fought giants before too.

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers back, "I'll be fine. I'm getting started to worry about all of you though."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe I should come with you

[Sarengar (Guy)] I agree

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I would like to see a giant too.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I would ask that you not go

[Captain Miltor (Master)] if you insist I will accompany you

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but it would be much safer here for you

[Captain Miltor (Master)] and more comfortable as well

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Ilero (TMO)] Hey, Lady Branwyn.. What does word 'safe' mean again? I tink I heard it before, but not sure.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can be quite useful in these kinds of situations.

Sarengar (Guy) grins at Ilero

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I have no doubt you are most capable

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but I would hate to see these lovely hands get any minor scars or blemishes on them

[Captain Miltor (Master)] they are most tempting as they are

Sarengar (Guy) rolls his eyes

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I must be off

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh please. You must stop this.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will return to bring yoru friends to the raiding party just before 15 bells

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 44'04".

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 94'03".

[Master] you are alone

[Master] except for the guards in the corners that Bran has almost learned to ignore

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The longer I stay here the more "attached" he seems to become. It will be nice to be on the road again.

Sarengar (Guy) suddenly starts cursing and hits thye wall

[Sarengar (Guy)] Bran you cant go

[Master] (I love you and I cannot see you hurt)

Branwyn (Lisa) gently takes Sarengar's arm "Shhhhh, the guards will come"

[Master] (cut to commercial, this epsidoe brought toyou by Tide)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol)

[Ilero (TMO)] (when we return, we find out WHO has been replaced by their evil twin!)

Branwyn (Lisa) jerks head over to the ones in the corner

[Sarengar (Guy)] remember why we even came to this hellhole

[Branwyn (Lisa)] To get Wilamina. Which is why I didn't want to go.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But Indigo with a crossbow?

[Sarengar (Guy)] if we all go then shes alone

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Some Captain we don't know

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So you shall have to kill giants without me.

[Ilero (TMO)] We can leave people wit Branwyn. Nots all o us needs go.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'll make Llathandryll stay here with me. The Count knows him and he can come to the Manor.

Sarengar (Guy) nods at Ilero

[Ilero (TMO)] (ouch, that sentence looks painful)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Though he will probably be bored with the catapult tests.

[Sarengar (Guy)] we cant leave bran or thye other alone

[Master] )androp will be presumed to want to go hunt hill giants)

[Ilero (TMO)] Tey gots any iron chains we can takes?

[Ilero (TMO)] long ones, but strong.

[Master] who would you ask?

[Master] Indigo?

[Sarengar (Guy)] maybe the captains would be able to find out

[Ilero (TMO)] Hye go finds Jorkin before 15 bells and ask

[Master] ok

[Master] so Bran is staying here in her suite?

[Master] you do notice Sarengar and Ilero that she has this as her sitting room, a huge 90 by 30 room

[Master] fireplace, windows, etc

[Sarengar (Guy)] nice p;lace

[Master] bedroom is next door

[Master] they are treating her right

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (except for guards everywhere is nice)

[Master] or at least nicely

[Sarengar (Guy)] I will be glad to get out of here

[Master]

[Master] the manor house is bigger than the palazzo you are used to in Rivers Bend

[Sarengar (Guy)] either back to the Mosskin estate o\r even back to Rivers Bend

[Master] OK

[Master] Ilero moved 74'07".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we are not anywhere close to seeing home any time soon)

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((yeah cuz sarengar still has to perform lol))

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes as soon as you're done singing we can go home)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] :)

[Master] lol

[Master] Indigo moved 3'05".

[Sarengar (Guy)] ((unfortunately for tonight im done yall have a good night))

[Master] hey guy

[Sarengar (Guy)] yeah?

[Master] before you leave

[Master] Lordez really quick

[Master] having fun?

[Sarengar (Guy)] always

[Master] all four of us are in this season

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no - don't tell us!)

[Master] LOL

[Master] not asking that Lisa

[Master] just want to see how he is liking the changes

[Master] TMO this is normal

[Master] Guy has seen different rules

[Sarengar (Guy)] the land clearing stuff is a lot harder

[Lisa] yes

[Sarengar (Guy)] i like that agents cost a building option though

[Ilero (TMO)] (brb - quick task wife asked for has turned into long task)

[Ilero (TMO)] (and yes, I want to discuss too. ;) )

[Lisa] but only to hire

[Sarengar (Guy)] yeah

[Master] I think that people are just seeing how agents are used

[Master] thought of you and your spy in ANdalusia that season when I saw the spy report come out this morning

[Master] not asking if you did it

[Master] will wait till the end of the season

[Guy] that spy was so awesome

[Master] but the mission seem to have changed too

[Master] is much harder to do some things

[Guy] a little bit

[Lisa] I don't like all the costs on the political side

[Master] Lisa and I were discussing a bit, she found the real Treaty of Madrid online

[Lisa] used to be just troops

[Master] I wish that not all the things on the political side cost points every round

[Lisa] What waleed did was basically the real thing

[Guy] made me pissed at the king trhats fotr sure lol

[Master] chuckles

[Master] I think it is safe to say everyone exdept guyenne was upset at that

[Master] and maybe orleans

[Master] but orleans is in the pocket of the spanish anyway

[Guy] yup the scumsucking spanish pigdog

[Lisa] rankings will be interesting. so many points from so many directions - is hard to predict

[Master] yeah

[Lisa] and some rewards delayed

[Master] I did not get to use my English Pig Dog line

[Guy] lol

[Master] your mother smelled of elderberries

[Lisa] there is plenty of time

[Master] I will hae to visit england I guess

[Master] if they will not come here

[Ilero (TMO)] back

[Master] you are having fun TMO?

[Master] the family is doing fine? at least in Lordez if not real life?

[Lisa] quit trying to get hints

[Master] LOL

[Guy] lol

[Master] not that

[Master] seriously

[Lisa] all families are doing fine

[Master] do not want to know

[Guy] i think i know who bob is

[Master] just want to hear how players like the rules and what is happening

[Master] not plans or strategies

[Ilero (TMO)] family is still all alive. ;) Not 100% happy, but alive

[Master] at this point no one's kids are all happy

[Guy] and I think i know who lisa is too [Lisa] I think we will all be suprised when we find out who we really were

[Master] this is true Lisa

[Master] Guy and TMO

[Master] remember there is a report at the end

[Lisa] a testament to our roleplaying abilities

[Master] to tell him what you thought about the season

[Master] potential changes, you would like to see etc

[Guy] yup i remember

[Lisa] tributes and analysis of the game

[Master] like these changes to the political side and agents

[Ilero (TMO)] I have guesses. I did not know Guy was playing too though. Or I knew, but didn't remember.

[Master] city walls are much differnt this time

[Master] not sure I like them this way

[Lisa] and merchant inns

[TMO] I know who my friend is playing, so that narrows my choices down as to who is who.

[Lisa] I miss my merchant inns

[Master] I miss international trade rights

[Lisa] Imiss player trade rights

[Master] I wonder who will be the first international assassin

[Master] that is the only thing on the list that works internationally

[Master] I was re reading again today

[Lisa] carry a player on your trade goods til near the end then drop them like a rock

[Master] grins

[Master] I remember those seasons too Lisa

[TMO] huh?

[Guy] lets all higher assassins to kill the king of spain lol

[Lisa] sorry about that

[Master] in previous seasons

[TMO] 'carry a player on your trade goods'?

[Master] if I had a trade agreement with you

[Master] I have 5 trade goods

[Master] you have 3

[Master] you gain my 5 I gain your 3

[TMO] and you carry a player. Got it!

[Master] then last turn before the end

[Master] drop the agreement

[Master] and you drop by that many points just when you thought you might win

[Lisa] whoosh he drops in the standings

[TMO] ah.

[Lisa] only trick is you have to have enough on your own to make it work

[TMO] I am mostly playing to learn. Winning is optional

[Master] winning is hard

[Master] no one ever wins their first season

[TMO] Poor Waleed has not yet gotten tired of answering my questions. Or so he says

[Lisa] playing is fun

[Master] grins

[Master] he is very good about things

[Lisa] he said that???

[Guy] i dont think he minds helping people learn

[Lisa] oh - not tired

[Master] he likes good roleplaying

[Master] and thinking out side the box

[TMO] so, was the child achievements purely random, or was there something lords could tdo to encourage them?

[Master] the first ones are random

[Lisa] nope

[Lisa] dice rolls

[Master] next ones you can try to encourage them

[Master] give them tasks,

[TMO] how?

[TMO] ah.

[Master] one year Lisa and I had competing book tours

[Lisa] crack the whip and make them do things

[Master] our kids both wrote books

[Master] we both sent them out to the world with them

[Master] was darn funny to read

[Master] HEY! that is supposed to be MY KID!

[Lisa] irritated me

[TMO] 2 did that already. :) Polignac and Clermonte. Only 1 Socialite, the rest were all military.

[Lisa] lol

[TMO] well, polignac was military + book

[Master] we will see if they get a second

[Master] that gives a nice bonus

[Master] and makes it hard to catch them

[Lisa] I am thinking of something for mine - you will see when someone's come out.

[Guy] well im off to bed yall have a good night and ill see ya next week

[Master] have a great night Guy

[Lisa] Bob is working on some

[TMO] Night!

[Master] good to have you back

[Lisa] Goodnight Guy!

[Guy] good to be back

[Master] I am always working on my family

[Lisa] Very happy you are back

Guy has left the game on Fri Aug 24 22:19:56 EDT 2012

[Master] and I have charts of potential building plans

[TMO] I keep my email open at work. Stuff comes in from Waleed, and he typically gets 2-3 emails in return immediately after I get one. :D

[Master] build this first

[Lisa] just has to be big enough to create a splash

[Master] then that

[Master] etc

[Master] grins

[Master] I am closing in on 300 emails in my current season folder

[Master] but that also includes my own responses

[TMO] dunno how many I have. Mst are probably ooc though

[Master] I do not think I have had a single round of bulding go by without needing to correct something

[Master] feel like an idiot sometimes

[TMO] I think I did my first correction this turn.

[Lisa] I had two! Was so proud of myself

[TMO] I'm winging it

[Lisa] everyone is

[Master] I keep wanting to build things before I have the right prereequisites

[Lisa] he radically changed the building rules

[TMO] I do wonder if any of you have guesses who I am. It would be interesting to see how close or off you are.

[TMO] don't say them, of course

[Master] not till after the season

[TMO] guessing someone tells me who you are not

[Lisa] true

[Master] or a double blind guessing game

[Master] spanish prisinor

[Master] but in any case

[TMO] *reveals mask* Ta-da!! I was King Phillippe!

[Lisa] end of season we should come in here and reveal all

[Master] yes we should Lisa

[Master] would be good

[Master] and laughs at TMO

[Master] you bastard!

[TMO] Hey. At least I got a hot little chickie to hop in my bed on a regular basis.

[Lisa] and don't have to marry her

[Master] she was a nice girl before you corrupted her

[Lisa] lol

[TMO] although, based on the portraits Waleed uses, I wouldn't call any of them 'hot'

[Master] yeah

[Lisa] the german women are all basket heads

[TMO] considering they all look like identical twins, this gene pool is MASSIVELY inbred

[Lisa] serious head gear

[Lisa] men either are conan barbarian types or foo foo poofy shirt guys

[Lisa] rare knight person

[Master] or the one who is impersonating the pope

[TMO] or really grumpy looking old men

[Lisa] that cracks me up every time I see that son

[Lisa] that hat should be 1 building option

[Master] lol

[Master] OK

[Master] back to D&D

[Master] is there anything you wan tto accomplish tonight?

[Master] first thing next week will plan on you heading out to fight hill giants

[Master] will set up a basic battle field for you

[Master] group of people etc

[Master] Oh and TMO

[Master] I was planning on putting in generic NPCs into the fight

[Master] so that if Bill choses a new character rather than Androp

[Master] we can work him into the story that way

[Master] that he was part of the fight with you guys

[Lisa] sounds good

  • break for player discussion*

[Master] next week is hill giants, if we finish that in time will go to festival

[Master] if not festival the next week

[TMO] I can not get 5 minutes tonight

[Lisa] indigo will be at -4 with crossbow?

[TMO] sometimes seems like every night, but it really isn't

[Master] -2

[Master] plus his dex

[Lisa] not so bad then

[Lisa] will hit broad side of barn

[Master] and giants are pretty big, grins

[Lisa] almost as big as giant

  • break for player discussion*

[Lisa] need to go out into the wild and whack at things until they are all dead

[TMO] most PCs don't

[TMO] I think it's a global conspiracy to save civilization by digging dungeons all over the place to distract PCs

[TMO] if they're out there adventuring, they are not back home burning down inns

[Master] which is funny TMO

[Lisa] lol

[Master] as the group has done 1 dungeon so far

[Master] unless you count the sewers

[Lisa] that doesn't count

[Master] so junst under the necromancers Skull Church

[Master] you would have loved that one TMO

[Master] your characters religion

[TMO] Skull Church? Boy, they were an imaginative bunch. :)

[Master] lovely goddess and preistess

[Lisa] the crazy disfigured people are Ilero's church?

[Master] branwyn was touched by the goddess

[TMO] *looks innocent*

[Master] his religion yes, not his particular goddess

[TMO] I swear, I have no idea how that virgin got on that altar, or why this long knife is in my hand!

[Master] but that was fun stuff

[TMO] Loviatar?

[Master] little girl with a doll that had sores sewn on it like she hoped to get her self

[Master] Branwy almost a saint because she had been cursed

[Master] Red Cloak,

[Master] necromancers, ghouls,

[Lisa] necromancer zapped me

[Master] lots of fun

[Lisa] boils all over my face

[Lisa] was really attractive

[Lisa] anyway

[Master] shes a withc!

[Lisa] I am heading out

[Master] ok

[TMO] just sprinle them with glitter. The pus will hold it on.

[Master] have a great night you too

[Master] LOL

[Lisa] ick!

[Master] two

[TMO] Hee

[Master] will see you next week

[TMO] ciao

[Lisa] see you

Lisa has left the game on Fri Aug 24 22:41:25 EDT 2012

[TMO] anything further for me?

[Master] not that I know of

[Master] go do your things

[TMO] I am assuming Ilero's shield isn't ready yet

[Master] write letters,

[Master] grins

[Master] no

[TMO] oh no, they're done now

[Master] but you can get a different one

[TMO] I have no more errands to run now

[TMO] yeah, because a buckler is going to be SO much use vs giants. ;)

[TMO] I can run my ideas past you though

[Master] like a cookie for them

[TMO] strong iron chain = trip wires. strung between tall trees about 4 foot above ground

[TMO] *strong trees, not tall

[Master] would work if you can get the trees

[TMO] can use them to channel the attack, or take down the edges

[Master] will look at the land, is farm land around the swamps

[Master] there is a river channel as well

[TMO] ah. crud.

[TMO] swamp land would work. They probably don't move well in marshy ground

[Master] but some trees, etc or else you would not have an ambush

[Master] nods

[TMO] was thinking about doing traps with ropes and polearms. Step on rope or pull it, and it yoinks polearms down point first

[Master] or use a farm house etc

[Master] you could post ideas on the site for them

[TMO] don't know if Ilero has trap making though

[TMO] F/R Traps

[Master] yeap

[TMO] only a 40 though

[Master] you can use that to make traps

[TMO] penalty?

[Master] yes

[Master] set snares is a proficiency

[TMO] so probably not worth the effort. A shame to set up a good ambush to have it ruined by obvious traps lying about

[TMO] "Hey guys. I think there's someone here."

[Master] or good to have obvious ones out

[Master] so they stumble into the hidden ones

[TMO] He can use his camouflage skill

[TMO] maybe it will work better than last time he tried

[TMO] "Hey look! Adventurers hiding over there!"

[Master] grins that can be part of the plan!

[Master] dress up scarecrows

[Master] a little army waiting for them

[Master] OK

[Master] saving this and shutting down

[TMO] okie doke

[TMO] ttyl

[Master] see you durning the week I am sure

[TMO] thanks for the game.

[TMO] did my best to channel grumpy IC rather than OOC.

[TMO] think I did alright

[Master] grins

[Master] you did great

[Master] and next week lots of killing to vent things

[TMO] I was at the office a bit late saving a very large, very complicated spreadsheet.

[TMO] takes 45 minutes to process all the formulas

[Master] ufff

[TMO] then I copy most of the cells and paste values so it doesn't have to waste time recalculating every time I change something

[TMO] and I was in a rush, so I accidentally copied the values from the first row and pasted them over *everything*, erasing Every Single Formula.

[Master] DOH

[TMO] so I get to rebuild it this weekend.

[Master] cntrl Z is your friend

[TMO] saved and closed.

[TMO] reopened it to check something and discovered what I had done

[Master] 2010?

[TMO] yup

[Master] see if there is a change log

[Master] might be able to restore to that

[TMO] it won't be impossible to restore

[TMO] I wriote the whole thing.

[Master] grins

[TMO] and most of the formulas are related

[TMO] just changing parametets

[Master] that is good

[TMO] parameters

[Master] big deep thunder now

[TMO] we're supposed to get thunderstorm tonight

[Master] storm will be here on Sunday night

[Master] passing by to the west

[Master] we have only missed one game ever for a hurricane

[Master] played right through one one year

[TMO] you in FL?

[Master] nods

[Master] near Fort Lauderdale

[TMO] my folks are up in Atlanta

[Master] ok

[Master] saving

[Master] night!

[TMO] g'nite

TMO has left the game on Fri Aug 24 22:54:26 EDT 2012


XP awarded