View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Aug1712

Aug 17 12 - Desperate Old Men

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Aug 17 18:18:01 EDT 2012 ====

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Aug 17 18:50:49 EDT 2012

Lisa is receiving the map Shield Wall inn First Floor...

Lisa has received the map Shield Wall inn First Floor.

[Master] hello

[Master] we will see who logs in first then work out who's story to take up

[Master] John will not be in

[Lisa] Hello

[Lisa] any word from Guy?

[Master] not yet

[Master] but the guess is tonight late or tomorrow

[Master] I guess that is next week rather than tomorrow

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 1000. Next level in 101536.

[Lisa] still 6 figures xp needed for leveling

[Lisa] will take forever

[Lisa] even if no one shows up early again ever

[Master] lol

New Guy has joined the game on Fri Aug 17 19:05:01 EDT 2012

New Guy is receiving the map Shield Wall inn First Floor...

New Guy has received the map Shield Wall inn First Floor.

[Master] Hello sir

[New Guy] hello

[Lisa] Hello :)

[Master] how are things on your coast sir?

[New Guy] I am back at the keyboard.

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] hot

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] and a little humid.. which isn't the norm for southern California

[Master] storms just rolled through and we are only at 75 now

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] So trying to remain indoors for the most part

[Lisa] you are in So Cal?

[Master] how bad is it there now LIsa?

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] yes, Los Angeles to be exact

[Lisa] freaking hot

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] or more exact I should say

[Lisa] I'm in Valley and it has been over 100 for about a week now

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Yes, that would be accurate. Where in the Valley?

[Lisa] Canoga Park

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] cool. I'm in Toluca Lake/Burbank area

[Lisa] so Valley too sort of

[Lisa] like neighbors :)

[Master] chuckles

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Yea, kind of

[Lisa] supposed to drop into 90s tomorrow so I will be happier

[Master] it is only early summer here so the neighborhood is not too bad off

[Master] did you want to start at the shield wall inn?

[Lisa] you are in charge - where do you want to start?

[Master] with you guys running for your lives through the sewers

[Lisa] not gonna happen

[Master] grins

[Master] adds to list

[Master] Ok so moving to the shield wall

[Master] Time of Day: 08:04 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Guard #2 moved 6'03".

Guard #2 (Master) KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] /Me looks up and moves to open the door

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) opens the door

[Guard #2 (Master)] Hello there

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Androp Ilkep moved 14'04".

[Guard #2 (Master)] I am here to see Master Indigo?

[Guard #2 (Master)] are you him?

[Indigo (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Branwyn modified: Spells - CHANGED: Magic Missile -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Maximillian's Stony Grasp -- # Memorized: 1 (2), CHANGED: Sleep -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Spook -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Unseen Servant -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Water Breathing - Wizard -- # Memorized: 1 (0),

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Uh.. no, I'm not. Who are you?

[Guard #2 (Master)] I am Filko of the City Guard

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Alright, *steps to the side* well come on in.

[Filko (Master)] I was told to give Master Indigo a message

[Filko (Master)] thank you

[Master] Filko moved 8'00".

[Master] Filko targets Androp Ilkep. Distance: 1'06"

[Master] Filko targets Llathandryll. Distance: 0'09"

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) closes the door behind him and moves over to let Indigo know, "There is a city guard named Filko here to see you 'Master Indigo"

[Master] Llathandryll moved 21'11".

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Androp Ilkep moved 13'10".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Filko? Do we owe him money from the tables downstairs?

Indigo (Lisa) walks over to guard

[Filko (Master)] no, I don' tgamble here,

[Indigo (Lisa)] Good morning

[Filko (Master)] I think the tables here are rigged

[Filko (Master)] good morning

[Filko (Master)] oh

[Filko (Master)] you are a halfling

[Indigo (Lisa)] And you are a human

[Filko (Master)] of course

[Filko (Master)] it is jsut strange to see someone like you

Indigo (Lisa) sighs

[Filko (Master)] not like a dwarf of course, those are myths

[Filko (Master)] but a halfling?

[Filko (Master)] that seems more something you see out in a far off land on a farm

[Indigo (Lisa)] And this is what you have come here to tell me?

[Filko (Master)] OH NO

[Filko (Master)] sorry

[Indigo (Lisa)] I am busy packing

[Filko (Master)] you just took me off guard

[Filko (Master)] why are you packing?

[Indigo (Lisa)] We are leaving soon

[Filko (Master)] are you going home?

[Filko (Master)] where do you live?

[Indigo (Lisa)] We are not going home

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] I don't see how that is any concern of yours

[Filko (Master)] Oh sorry

[Filko (Master)] I am often told I ask too many questions

[Filko (Master)] I wonder why that is?

[Indigo (Lisa)] You should listen to them

[Filko (Master)] listen to who?

[Filko (Master)] OH

[Indigo (Lisa)] Never mind

[Filko (Master)] I get it

[Filko (Master)] yeah

[Filko (Master)] sorry Master Indigo

[Filko (Master)] it is just not every day that someone gets to meet a halfling

[Filko (Master)] well thank you

[Filko (Master)] I guess I shoudl be going

[Indigo (Lisa)] This is what you came to tell me?

[Filko (Master)] OH

[Filko (Master)] right!

[Indigo (Lisa)] That you are pleased to see me?

[Filko (Master)] I was supposed to tell you that you are supposed to go to the library at the church today

[Filko (Master)] the Captain told me to tell you that

[Indigo (Lisa)] The library?

[Filko (Master)] yeah

[Filko (Master)] do halflings read?

[Indigo (Lisa)] What is at the library?

[Filko (Master)] books I guess

[Filko (Master)] I have never been there

[Filko (Master)] the priests are hard to get along with

[Filko (Master)] I like to spend my time investigating things

[Indigo (Lisa)] He gave no reason for us to go there or who we are to meet there?

[Filko (Master)] ummm

[Filko (Master)] there was someoen you are supposed to meet there

[Filko (Master)] a Mistress Branwyn the Mysterious

[Filko (Master)] NO

[Filko (Master)] the Mysterious Branwyn

[Filko (Master)] NO

[Filko (Master)] MS Branwyn the Mysterious

[Filko (Master)] NO

[Filko (Master)] Branwyn the magical

[Indigo (Lisa)] STOP

[Indigo (Lisa)] I get it

[Filko (Master)] really?

[Filko (Master)] how many peopel are you meeting?

[Indigo (Lisa)] We are to go now?

[Filko (Master)] I think it is today yes

[Filko (Master)] no

[Filko (Master)] I know it is todya

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well then you have done your duty

[Filko (Master)] the Captain told me to tell you that you are to go to the library today

[Filko (Master)] yeah

[Filko (Master)] that is is

[Filko (Master)] the Mysterious Branwyn will be at the library and will meet Master Indigo there

[Indigo (Lisa)] Thank you

[Indigo (Lisa)] You may go now

[Filko (Master)] can halflings read?

[Filko (Master)] you didn't answer that one

Indigo (Lisa) waves hand at him

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) grabs Filko by the arm and leads him to the door

[Filko (Master)] hello there Androp,

[Filko (Master)] Ilkep

[Filko (Master)] that is a Suomi name isn't it?

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Thank you for delivering the message, tell your Captain that you have performed your task admirably

[Master] Filko moved 7'00".

[Filko (Master)] why thanks

[Filko (Master)] I will be sure to tell him you said so

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) leads him out the door and then closes the door on him once he is out

[Master] Filko moved 17'00".

[Indigo (Lisa)] Thanks! He will never make a very good guard

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] No kidding.

[Indigo (Lisa)] If we were staying I would tell Olif about him

[Indigo (Lisa)] Wonder why Branwyn wants us to go to the library. She was in a mad rush to get to the Drakes and the vampires last night

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] I have no idea. I don't know here that well. You want me to go with you?

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] *don't know her

[Indigo (Lisa)] Of course. This probably means trouble.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Otherwise she would have waited until we got to the Manor as planned

Indigo (Lisa) goes in the back and kicks Llathandryll's bed to get him to get moving and follow us

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Alright. I'll get my stuff.

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) gathers up his back and puts on his leather armor

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) *backpack

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy) (to Master only)] tried to add my winnings from gambling to my character sheet. is there some trick to it?

[Master (to New Guy only)] just edit the sheet, add the money how you want then hit commit

[Master (to New Guy only)] you can look at Indigo's sheet for an example

Indigo (Lisa) grabs his pack, "let's be off then"

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Androp Ilkep modified:

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Androp Ilkep modified: Wealth - ADDED: , , .

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) follows Indigo as he departs

[Master] so you are on the main map

[Master] you are heading to the Temple area directly? or are you going a round about way through the military disctrict?

[Master] and by the Manor house

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Indigo would most likely go where he was told to go)

[Master] ok

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (Androp would follow where Indigo leads him, heh)

[Master] Androp Ilkep and Indigo moved 1105'04".

TMO has joined the game on Fri Aug 17 19:40:14 EDT 2012

TMO is receiving the map overview map...

TMO has received the map Church District Overview.

[Master] and hello TMO

[TMO] hi

[Indigo (Lisa)] (just in time!)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we have ponies)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (well technically we don't but they are here for some reason)

[Master] Ilero moved 3'08".

[Ilero (TMO)] Wood like to pick up shield before we go. Is place here can buy one?

[Master] there is the marketplace

[Indigo (Lisa)] We just passed the market

[Indigo (Lisa)] I guess we can go back

[Ilero (TMO)] Sorry. Just had idea.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't see Branwyn anywhere so maybe we're early.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Let's go

[Master] chuckles

[Indigo (Lisa)] I haven't been to the market but there should be a stall with weapons

[Master] Indigo, Ilero and Androp Ilkep moved 59'06".

[Indigo (Lisa)] I didn't think thieves ... I mean scouts liked to walk around with shields

[Indigo (Lisa)] Doesn't that impair your sneakiness?

[Ilero (TMO)] I do not have to carry shield all the time. If it hurt stealth, I leave it behind for that. I have been in many weapon fights, and shield will help, I think. Also want to try and attach knife sheaths on inside so I have more to throw.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Just don't cut yourself waving the shield around

[Indigo (Lisa)] Do you see any stalls that might have one?

[Master] there are a few wood workers

Ilero (TMO) looks at Indigo. "Whole idea of sheath is to cover up blade so it not cut nothing."

Ilero (TMO) does NOT say "Duh!". ;)

[Master] but no armorers

[Indigo (Lisa)] (lol)

Indigo (Lisa) lets Ilero do his shopping and wanders over to s random stall

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 37'10".

[Master] there are many large permanent shops around the border of the marketplace

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) moves off to check out what else is available in the market but never straying too far

[Master] there are two wood workers who have stalls in the center to the east

[Master] just off this map

[Master] Indigo moved 1'08".

[Master] there is a man standing farther to teh East near the arch

[Master] singing with a hat at his feet

[Master] an otter capering about his legs

Ilero (TMO) tries the first woodworker shop. "Has you any shields? Not full body, but chest size. Not make it tough to use weapon."

[Master (to GM only)] Timber moved 34'05".

[Timber (Master)] Hello my good man, how are you doing today?

[Timber (Master)] you need a shielf?

[Timber (Master)] shield?

[Timber (Master)] a good strong wooden shielf to keep off the arrows and blows of the comman solider?

[Ilero (TMO)] Yes please.

[Timber (Master)] I am sorry I hdo not have one of those here today

[Timber (Master)] I do have several good small bucklers

[Timber (Master)] they will help you, they will look good on your arm

[Timber (Master)] but they are not meant for battle against the blows of a well armed man

[Timber (Master)] they are more for a casual encounter in the woods with a brigand

[Ilero (TMO)] (in your rule set, what is the difference between bucklers and regular shields?)

[Timber (Master)] (buckler handles one attack, normal shield two attack, wall shield three attacks)

[Ilero (TMO)] (in the rules I vaguely remember, it was the # of attacks per round it could defend against)

[Ilero (TMO)] (appears that is still it)

[Ilero (TMO)] I take look at bucklers. Next question is would like to attach couple of sheathes to inside of shield, in case of close combat. Is this something can do with buckler?

[Ilero (TMO)] Is there room around arm for two, one above arm, one below?

[Timber (Master)] you do not know but you can have him try for you if you want

[Timber (Master)] but mostly likely only one will fit in with the handles

[Ilero (TMO)] (that was in character talking)

[Timber (Master)] (gotcha)

[Timber (Master)] Well I can figure out some way of doing that I suppose

[Ilero (TMO)] (I haven't gotten consistent about being visibly in or out of character)

[Timber (Master)] but if you take them over to Labin he is the master at leather work here in the marketplace

[Ilero (TMO)] Ok. How much is good buckler?

[Timber (Master)] I only sell good gear sir

[Timber (Master)] no second rate workmanship here

[Timber (Master)] I will charge you 15 silver for this fine buckler

[Ilero (TMO)] It look good. Will go check for full shield first before settling on buckler. Thanks sir.

Ilero (TMO) goes over to the other shop to check for a shield.

[Ilero (TMO)] (brb - getting dinner. do other chars)

[Timber (Master)] no worries sir, you will not find a better option other than in the military district

[Master] Ok

[Master] so Androp? Indigo? any shopping?

[Master] Time of Day: 08:54 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (not really, have 17sp to my name, I use a quarter staff so no shield for me)

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) wanders around the market place browsing

[Master] Androp Ilkep and Indigo moved 63'09".

[One Eye Labin (Master)] What do you want?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] can you even afford anything in my shop?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (directed at Indigo and Androp)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Do you have any food? I barely ate breakfast before we had to leave

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) frowns and looks at the man with a slight sneer

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I can give you a good bit of scrap to chew on if you are a goat

[One Eye Labin (Master)] are you here to buy something?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Forget it. I hate shopping

[One Eye Labin (Master)] finest leather work in all the Estates

[Indigo (Lisa)] And everyone wondered why I didn't want to follow Branwyn around all week

[Indigo (Lisa)] This is it!

[Indigo (Lisa)] No thanks

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Yea, I can see why

[Master] Androp Ilkep and Indigo moved 13'05".

[Master] grins

[Master] at least he is consistent,

[Master] so no more shopping, going to slowly wander back towards the church district

[Master] in the meantime CLICK over to Branwyn

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (sounds like a plan)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (did Ilero buy his stuff?)

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 19'07".

[Captain Miltor (Master)] (yes if he wants a buckler)

Captain Miltor (Master) knock knock

[Ilero (TMO)] (back)

[Ilero (TMO)] (does the other wood shop have shields)

[Captain Miltor (Master)] Mysterious Branwyn, I have your books for you if you want to read

[Ilero (TMO)] (sorry, not my turn. We're onBran)

[Captain Miltor (Master)] sorry it took so long this morning

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Books?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] (No to TMO, only good bucklers were at his shop, the other would have to make it for you)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I did not ask for books

[Captain Miltor (Master)] (your spell Books Bran)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh .. thank you. I do not think of myself simply reading my spellbooks

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is a bit more complicated than that. After I have finished, we may be off to the library?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will take you anywhere you want to go

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we are going to be testing the new catapult today

[Captain Miltor (Master)] if you want to help with that

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I sent your message this morning also to Master Indigo

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You know I love the catapults. You should not tempt me with that.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I used one of my most inquisitive guards, so he will be sure to give you a full report when he returns

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I wish I could tempt you more'

Captain Miltor (Master) winks

[Master] Branwyn moved 25'05".

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 16'08".

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

Lisa is receiving the map manor house first floor guest area...

[Ilero (TMO)] (Branwyn and Miltor, sittin' in a tree...)

Lisa has received the map manor house first floor guest area.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If one wants to be successful at flirting with the Count's guests Captain I would advise you not to wait until they are just about to leave the citadel

[Captain Miltor (Master)] on the other hand if I am successful at doing more than flirting with the Coun't guests I might have to leave the citadel myself

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs, "That is true as well"

[Captain Miltor (Master)] gives a brief bow

[Captain Miltor (Master)] will you be traveling this way again?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] and when are you leaving? I do hope I can escort you to dinner tomorrow?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If Indigo has received the message, we should go. I don't want him to get into any trouble there by hims

[Captain Miltor (Master)] and if you are here on the 18th for the big festival you might want someont to help you with things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] As much as I would enjoy that, I have to deal with this imposter and then leave immediately for the Drake estate

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Depending on what happens will depend on when and if I return to the Citadel.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You are going to the Naming Ceremony though?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I am afraid not

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will be here at the Citadel for the Count

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Tis a shame, but I should have guessed as much

[Captain Miltor (Master)] He will be there though and I am sure with both of his sons

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of course

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So shall we be off?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] are you done with your books?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will go lock them up for you

[Captain Miltor (Master)] (are you changing any spells today?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I did that already)

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] (which spells did you change for today? to figure out how long it takes 10 minutes per spell elvel)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (debated fireball or water breating - thought it might be more likely we fall down a sewer than I blow up the temple or the library)

[Master] ok so that is a 3rd level spell so 30 minutes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (changed 2 spells from before)

[Master] plus which one?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (and 1 1st level)

[Master] ok

[Master] Time of Day: 09:34 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Time of Day: 09:49 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you have to lock them up? We are leaving today and I will need all of my things available to me.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] thank you for understanding Mistress Branwyn

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will retrive them for you when you leave

[Captain Miltor (Master)] this way no one can claim you did anything inapropriate while you were here

[Captain Miltor (Master)] sadly, wink

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We wouldn't want anyone to think that

[Captain Miltor (Master)] to KNOW that no

[Captain Miltor (Master)] shall we go out on the walls?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] he takes you out to the walkway

[Captain Miltor (Master)] past the catapults

[Captain Miltor (Master)] and walking south towards the Church

[Captain Miltor (Master)] there is a set of stairs built into the wall doing down the hill

[Captain Miltor (Master)] then another tower with a staircase down

[Ilero (TMO)] (leading to his crib)

[Master] and back to TMO and the group

[Lisa] I am away from the keyboard.

Ilero (TMO) buys the buckler and takes it over to Labin.

[Master] Ilero moved 81'05".

[One Eye Labin (Master)] what can I do for you?

[Ilero (TMO)] Am looking to attach sheaths inside this buckler, so can draw in hurry if necessary during close combat. But be out of way normally.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] PHHHHSSSSS

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you want to wrap this in leather

[One Eye Labin (Master)] so it survives in the wet

[One Eye Labin (Master)] then you can attach anything you want to either side

[Ilero (TMO)] Not on front side, of course. Not survive arrow or sword well there.

[Lisa] I am back at the keyboard.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] a metal buckle?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] or a leather one?

[Ilero (TMO)] Metal survive better. Leather get cut, fall apart quickly.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] metal rust

[One Eye Labin (Master)] squints at Ilero

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you want something to last out in the swamps?

[Ilero (TMO)] Yes, and in fights.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] phhhhssss fights

[Ilero (TMO)] No fights, no need for shield.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] if you in fight long enough to need to worry about buckler then you have bigger problems

[Ilero (TMO)] Use it for plate instead

[One Eye Labin (Master)] grins, YAH

[One Eye Labin (Master)] good

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I cna do this

[One Eye Labin (Master)] have it ready tomorrow

[One Eye Labin (Master)] maybe next day

[Ilero (TMO)] How bout leather under metal buckle. Metal for protection, leather for water. Then sheaths on back against leather?

One Eye Labin (Master) looks at him like he is crazy

[Ilero (TMO)] (easy accent lesson #1, drop out most prepositions)

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you want a dress with it too?

Ilero (TMO) shrugs. "Is just idea. I not expert on shields."

[Ilero (TMO)] Is dress leather also?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] metal is not good in swamps

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (LOL)

[Indigo (Lisa)] tomorrow is too late. We are leaving today

[Ilero (TMO)] Is the problem with last minute ideas.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] no one leaves todya, big festival is coming

[One Eye Labin (Master)] everyone is coming in

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I have three books I am working on for people

[One Eye Labin (Master)] but I will do my best for you

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you look like you might need a shield

[Indigo (Lisa)] What do you mean no one leaves today? We're leaving today. Are the guards going to stop us?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I will do yours in black dragon hide for 10 gold

[One Eye Labin (Master)] who would leave just before a feast day?

[Ilero (TMO)] (mine in dragon, or Indigo?)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Someone going to go fight vampires

[Indigo (Lisa)] That's who

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (buckler in dragon hide)

[One Eye Labin (Master)] Vampires?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] boy you don't want to go fighting no vampires

[Ilero (TMO)] Is bad to fight vampires on full stomach. Get slow and sleepy.

[Indigo (Lisa)] no one wants to but some times you have to

[One Eye Labin (Master)] if you are really goign to fight vampires you should have a silver weapon

[Ilero (TMO)] (I like the black dragon hide idea. That's tougher than cowhide leather I had been thinking of)

[One Eye Labin (Master)] isn't that what they say?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (grins, and 500% more expensive)

[Ilero (TMO)] May I see the hide first?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] pulls out a smalish stretch of hide

[One Eye Labin (Master)] looks to be real dragon hide

[One Eye Labin (Master)] and enough to cover a buckler

[Ilero (TMO)] Okay. Look good and tough. And black dragons is swamp dragons. Is very good thought. Can you do it quick, so we can go fast?

[Ilero (TMO)] Sorry. Is last minute idea of mine.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I can do it quick but will take time

[One Eye Labin (Master)] dragon hide is hard to work

[One Eye Labin (Master)] tough to cut

[Ilero (TMO)] If can not be done quick, I just take buckler and fix it later.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] need to leave buckler here for me to work on

[Ilero (TMO)] /Indigo When was we planning to leave?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] takes time to work

[Indigo (Lisa)] We were supposed to leave this morning, but then we got a message to meet Branwyn at the library. I guess we are going after that

[Ilero (TMO)] Okay. How about I buy hide from you then? I find someone to work it later. Wish I could do it now, but did not think of it soon enough.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] will still be 10 gold

[One Eye Labin (Master)] is hard to come by, not many can get dragon hide, Old Labin has secrects

[Indigo (Lisa)] You can let him try and see what happens

[Ilero (TMO)] (is this a haggling marketplace?)

[Indigo (Lisa)] You killed a dragon?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Is that how you lost your eye?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (all marketplaces are)

[One Eye Labin (Master)] chuckles, that would be a good tale to tell,

[One Eye Labin (Master)] but I lost it when I was an apprentice and an awl slipped

[One Eye Labin (Master)] went right into my eye

[One Eye Labin (Master)] taught be good I tell you that

[Indigo (Lisa)] (that's awlful)

[Indigo (Lisa)] The dragon story would be better

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you think I could charge more?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well, if it was from a dragon you killed yourself. Sure!

[Ilero (TMO)] Since I save you much work, I think 3 gold better price. Still gots to have it worked and cut and fitted. That not free anywhere. Unless you usually do labor free and only charge for material?

One Eye Labin (Master) laughs

[One Eye Labin (Master)] free labor?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you think I am an Orc?

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I see you think this is not worth it

[One Eye Labin (Master)] is is ok you can go buy somewhere else

[Ilero (TMO)] That is what it sound like to me. 10 gold to fix leather to buckler, or 10 gold to just buy leather. That sound like labor is free to me.

[Ilero (TMO)] I hear you is good leatherworker though, so is why I am confused about why you not charge for your skill.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] you taking my goods and give to some other lesser worker

[One Eye Labin (Master)] I need to charge you for your foolishness

[Ilero (TMO)] Not by choice. Only because we in hurry.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] hurry loses an eye

[Ilero (TMO)] Go slow means someone else who need help get hurt.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] nods,

[Ilero (TMO)] Because we not there when we need to be.

[One Eye Labin (Master)] is why turtles carry their armor with them

[Ilero (TMO)] (my accent is rubbing off on him. ;) )

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (grins)

[Ilero (TMO)] (Oh NO! Ilero-speak is contagious!!)

[Ilero (TMO)] (Call the CDC!)

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (so pay full price and take with you? or leave here and have a master make it for you?)

[Ilero (TMO)] (We aren't coming back here, right?)

[One Eye Labin (Master)] (depends on who you listen to)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (we have to pass the market to get to the front gate - you can run in and check on it)

[Ilero (TMO)] (nngh.. rough day today. Mostly just tempted to embed this buckler in his forehead and call it done. ;) )

[Master] Indigo moved 12'11".

[Master] chuckles

[Master] you can leave it here

[Master] he will not take any money right now anyway if you leave it

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (heh well Androp would get a laugh out of that if you did)

[Master] then pay for his when you leave

[Ilero (TMO)] (okay, we'll do that.)

[Master] Time of Day: 10:04 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] so after some bickering back and forth

[Master] the three of you make it out of the marketplace

[Master] and to the square just before you enter the church district

[Master] not putting in all the accolytes to clutter up the map

[Ilero (TMO)] (acolytes are well known for their cluttering ways)

[Master] but the place is teeming with priests, accolytes, etc. as they go back and froth across the square

[Master] for ease of use Branwyn is at the tower

[Master] but no actually at this time frame yet, will arrive in a short bit

Ilero (TMO) uses Branwyn.

[Master] and there you are

Indigo (Lisa) tugs on the sleeve of a passing accolyte

[Indigo (Lisa)] Excuse me, how do I get to the library?

[Priest (Master)] points to the square building across from the church

[Indigo (Lisa)] Thank you

[Priest (Master)] is the only other separate building

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn must be inside there

[Master] Indigo moved 189'03".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 187'04".

[Master] Ilero moved 196'10".

[Master] first thing you notice are several guards standing outside

[Master] then a group of ponies tied up along the side of the building

[Indigo (Lisa)] (city guard?)

[Master] no

Ilero (TMO) ninja-kills them all. "Ninja sneak attack!")

[Ilero (TMO)] (sorry, silly moment)

[Indigo (Lisa)] (can we see a front door?)

[Master] open archway into a courtyard

[Master] steps up to the courtyard

[Master] between the two trees

[Indigo (Lisa)] We better go inside

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 64'05".

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) nods, "Lets go"

Indigo (Lisa) looks around courtyard

[Master] several guards

[Master] one getting water up form the well

[Ilero (TMO)] Ilero moved 71'02".

[Master] two by the front doors

[Indigo (Lisa)] Olif didn't tell me there were priest guards too.

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 74'03".

[Master] Ilero, Indigo and Androp Ilkep moved 44'10".

[Master] Ilero targets Guard #4. Distance: 4'11"

[Indigo (Lisa)] Is this the library?

[Guard #5 (Master)] yes it is

[Guard #5 (Master)] why do you ask?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Is it open yet?

[Guard #5 (Master)] open for what?

[Guard #5 (Master)] we are here to guard a delivery

[Indigo (Lisa)] For people to go in

Indigo (Lisa) looks around "must be a really important book!"

[Guard #5 (Master)] you don't look like priests

[Guard #5 (Master)] but if you want to gry to go in fine with me

[Guard #5 (Master)] as long as the priests say it is ok

[Indigo (Lisa)] Then we'll go in and ask them

[Master] Indigo moved 17'08".

[Indigo (Lisa)] (that worked? wow)

[Yulf (Master)] we will make room in the basement for this find until it can be cataloged properly

Yulf (Master) looks at Indigo,

[Yulf (Master)] who are you?

Yulf (Master) looks back at guard

[Indigo (Lisa)] My name is Indigo

[Yulf (Master)] is he one of yours?

[Guard #3 (Master)] we only hire realy fighters, not halflings!

[Yulf (Master)] Hello Indigo

[Yulf (Master)] you are looking for me?

[Indigo (Lisa)] I AM a real fighter!

Indigo (Lisa) turns to Yulf "Sorry"

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 14'07".

[Master] Ilero moved 15'06".

[Indigo (Lisa)] You are a priest?

Yulf (Master) blinks

[Indigo (Lisa)] Ummm... I suppose you are. But you could be a librarian.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Don't librarians wear robes too?

[Yulf (Master)] All priests of Cogse are worthy of keeping the flame of knowledge burning

[Indigo (Lisa)] The guard said we could come in the library if a priest says it was okay.

[Yulf (Master)] I am Brother Yulf

[Indigo (Lisa)] Hello Brother Yulf

[Yulf (Master)] and why would I let you here in our library?

[Ilero (TMO)] I do not think it good idea to use flame and burning metaphor in building full of paper and scrolls. Is very tempting for Mischief God.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Don't you let everyone into the library?

[Yulf (Master)] I suppsose you are here to see the entries for the festival?

[Yulf (Master)] not many strangers just wander in here Indigo

[Yulf (Master)] most come with a purpose

[Yulf (Master)] to seek knowledge

[Yulf (Master)] to find the solution to a problem

Indigo (Lisa) looks around "I guess so"

[Indigo (Lisa)] I think I heard something about your festival. It's for books?

[Indigo (Lisa)] So everybody reads all day?

[Yulf (Master)] it is a festival to celebrate knowledge

[Yulf (Master)] we will have several examples of rare works on display

[Indigo (Lisa)] So everybody tells everybody else what they know?

[Yulf (Master)] and there are entries for individual books to be added to the collection

[Yulf (Master)] if an entry is selected that person recieves the blessing of the Church

[Indigo (Lisa)] I understand. Everyone writes a book and then stands by it while you choose which one is best

[Yulf (Master)] some do

[Yulf (Master)] some collect a book from somewhere else to contribute

[Yulf (Master)] the best entries bring new knowledge to the library

[Indigo (Lisa)] and do people make bets on who is going to win?

[Yulf (Master)] of course, men will bet on anything

[Indigo (Lisa)] who are you betting on?

[Yulf (Master)] this year we have several entries, and a new guest judge from far off

[Yulf (Master)] he is legendary among the church

[Yulf (Master)] I do not bet

[Yulf (Master)] I am a judge it would not be fitting

[Indigo (Lisa)] Well, who would you bet on if you were going to bet?

[Yulf (Master)] shakes his head, no Mr Indigo, I will not rise to that temptation

[Indigo (Lisa)] But if you are a judge you probably can't say

[Yulf (Master)] there are some very interesting entries so far

[Indigo (Lisa)] We got a message to meet a friend here. Can we look around?

[Yulf (Master)] you can ask at the desk if your friend is here

[Yulf (Master)] but you must be quiet

[Yulf (Master)] libraries are quiet places

[Yulf (Master)] (rolls eyes)

[Indigo (Lisa)] I shall try

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 36'09".

[Master] Indigo moved 43'05".

[Master] Ilero moved 45'07".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 1'06".

[Priest (Master)] Hello Sir, how can I help you, looking at Androp

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] You can help me by answering Indigo's questions about her friend. *indicates Indigo*

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] *his friend

[Priest (Master)] looks at Ilero, yes Sir? how can I help you?

Ilero (TMO) shrugs. "I with them too. Sorry."

[Priest (Master)] looks back at Androp

[Priest (Master)] do you have a question for me?

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) shakes his head, "No, I don't."

[Priest (Master)] looks puzzled

[Priest (Master)] very well, then have a good day

Indigo (Lisa) looks up at Androp

[Indigo (Lisa)] Why don't you ask if we can look around?

[Priest (Master)] who is that!

Indigo (Lisa) mutters "stupid tall counters for humans only"

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) glances at Indigo, "I don't think we need to ask for that"

[Priest (Master)] what are you playing at sir

Indigo (Lisa) walks around to the side of the counter

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo moved 12'00".

Priest (Master) looks startled

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Ignores the priest and looks around for anyone appearing to be Branwyn

[Priest (Master)] who are you?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo

[Priest (Master)] are we getting priests from everywhere now?

[Priest (Master)] first a dwarf now a halfling?

[Priest (Master)] next you will tell me to expect gnomes and elves

[Ilero (TMO)] It is the new fad among Gods. They like short priests.

[Indigo (Lisa)] They are outside

[Indigo (Lisa)] You know QuiFon?

[Priest (Master)] who is QuiFon?

[Priest (Master)] OH Qui the dwarf

[Priest (Master)] sorry I did not expect that

[Priest (Master)] no I have not met the newest celebrity

Priest (Master) scowles

[Indigo (Lisa)] Celebrity! He's not a celebrity

[Priest (Master)] I would rather know priests who are true in their faith and that is enough for htem

[Priest (Master)] he took Uncle Yulf's chambers I heard

[Priest (Master)] claimed them for himself

[Priest (Master)] simply walked in one day and thinks he is special

[Priest (Master)] just because he is short

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't think that's true

[Indigo (Lisa)] Anyway, we are supposed to meet a friend here. Can we look around?

[Priest (Master)] I am not one to tell tales, but I have heard that Brother Stephanie is quite taken by him

[Priest (Master)] who are you supposed to be meeting here?

[Priest (Master)] we do not simply let people wander where they wish

[Indigo (Lisa)] Brother Stephanie! He's the one that disembowels people

[Priest (Master)] mages yes

[Priest (Master)] maybe not the cleanest method but it does achieve results

[Indigo (Lisa)] You approve of this?

[Priest (Master)] not to everyone

[Priest (Master)] but an enemy of the church

[Priest (Master)] deserves to die and not a quick death

[Indigo (Lisa)] So you won't let us look for our friend?

[Priest (Master)] who is your friend?

[Priest (Master)] I will take you to them

[Priest (Master)] but you cannot wander the library

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn - she left a message for us to meet her here.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I thought that's what libraries are for?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Wandering, reading, things like that.

[Priest (Master)] books are far too valuable to let just anyone touch them

[Priest (Master)] read ? who can read among you?

[Priest (Master)] Priests of course yes

[Priest (Master)] but you?

[Indigo (Lisa)] I learned how to read and write at home when I was a child

[Indigo (Lisa)] Not sure I can read your books but I could read mine at home.

Ilero (TMO) raises a hand slightly. "Hy can. This not my native language, so am a bit rough, but hy can still read it."

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) frowns and looks confused, "So if we can't read... why would we be a threat to books then? Wouldn't they be kind of worthless to us?"

[Priest (Master)] you sir might not be able to read the books but you can still damage them

Priest (Master) stands up adn walks over to a shelf

[Priest (Master)] brings a large tome over

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Yea, because thats my goal in life... to come here and damage books

[Priest (Master)] places it on his desk

[Priest (Master)] (grins)

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) mutters something about idiot holy men and shakes his head

[Priest (Master)] here opens to a page, points to Indigo,

[Priest (Master)] read this

[Priest (Master)] (is a text on weaving)

Indigo (Lisa) looks at page

[Master] Guard #3 moved 22'08".

[Master] Guard #3 targets Ilero. Distance: 4'07"

[Master] Guard #3 targets Androp Ilkep. Distance: 6'01"

[Indigo (Lisa)] (are there pictures? can he tell what language it is?)

[Guard #3 (Master)] we will be moving things downstairs now,

[Priest (Master)] (is in W Comm, some drawings yes)

[Priest (Master)] (and Ilero can read it just fine his accent is just a dialect not a different language)

[Master] Priest moved 19'02".

[Master] Priest targets Guard #3. Distance: 4'11"

[Master] Indigo moved 20'00".

[Master] Ilero moved 21'00".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 26'09".

[Ilero (TMO)] (Oh, okay.)

Indigo (Lisa) shakes his head "I can't read that"

[Priest (Master)] I will ask you to all come out side

[Priest (Master)] while I unlock the doors

[Priest (Master)] then we can wait for your friend here

[Master] Yulf, Indigo, Ilero, Androp Ilkep, Guard #3 and Priest moved 36'03".

[Master] Priest moved 78'04".

[Master] Priest no longer targets Guard #3.

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 10'09".

[Master] Guard #3 moved 67'04".

[Master] Guard #3 targets Priest. Distance: 4'01"

[Master] Guard #4 moved 54'04".

[Master] Guard #4 targets Priest. Distance: 3'04"

[Master] Guard #7 moved 40'07".

Ilero (TMO) reads, "First, place basket supplies on bottom of pond. It is suggested that you remove all excess clothing before entering pond yourself. Take a deep breath, then strap yourself down to the bottom of the pond, and begin weaving your basket. Remember, it will be harder to move with coordination due to water resistance, so go slowly at first."

[Priest (Master)] lol

[Master] Time of Day: 10:19 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Time of Day: 10:34 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] as the courtyard is full of guards, Branwyn and the Captain walk up

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All of these guards are to protect a library?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I do not know why there are this many here

[Captain Miltor (Master)] but the Church takes care of their own security for the festival

[Captain Miltor (Master)] we maintain the walls but they do anything extra inside of here

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] maybe that pack train ?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Guards who can cast at will and you worry about mages?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] cast at will?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Priest can cast spells too. Not like mine but they can do some damage if they put a mind to it

[Captain Miltor (Master)] well I leave that up to the spritualists to solve that riddle

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Priests are more irritating than they are worth most of the time.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will reserve judgement until I see what happens after I die

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I see my friends so we can join them and you can take us to see this girl you spoke of last night.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] if half the things they say are true then it will be worth it to be cautious

Branwyn (Lisa) waves at Indigo, Androp and Ilero

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And what do they say?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] they speak on it for hours during services, don't you go?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I try to avoid it

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Smiles and moves over to Branwyn

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I was given to undertand you were a great patron of the church?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] you commissioned and built your own did you not?

[Master] Yulf moved 22'09".

[Master] Branwyn and Captain Miltor moved 21'11".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 11'04".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh yes, to repay a favor. I was happy to do it, but it does not mean I wish to hear them preach for days on end.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good morning Androp. Glad you got my message.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The Captain told me there was a lady here calling herself by the name of Wilamina Mosskin.

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Good Morning. Yes, a city guard delivered it a little while ago

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I told him that there must be some mistake. This woman must be an imposter!

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Shrugs, "uhh... okay"

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Wilamina Mosskin! But she wasn't supposed to be... I mean she was supposed to be in the ...

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Exactly

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That's why we must see this young lady and tell her to stop passing herself off as someone she is not.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You will take us Captain?

[Captain Miltor (Master)] where do you wish me to take you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sigh - you are really not going to do this again are you?)

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I can get you an introduction to Uncle Yulf, he will help you get in anywhere

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I do not know the library that well

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I can tell you that the young lady I saw was here in the courtyard

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You said that Wilamina Mosskin is here and that you would take me to her.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I have brought you here, I did check for you and she is not staying at any inn here in teh Citadel

[Indigo (Lisa)] We met Uncle Yulf. He seemed all right but that reference librarian wasn't very nice at all.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] and she is not at the Coun't chambers

[Captain Miltor (Master)] so she must be here in the church district

[Captain Miltor (Master)] and this is where i saw her

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well then perhaps we should be introduced to this Unle Yulf

[Captain Miltor (Master)] it will be a pleasure to help you

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 9'06".

[Captain Miltor (Master)] Uncle Yulf, if I may have a word with you please

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 8'09".

[Master] Yulf moved 8'04".

[Captain Miltor (Master)] you hear a hushed conversation inside the doors

[Yulf (Master)] WHO!

[Yulf (Master)] WHAT are you doing.....

[Captain Miltor (Master)] THE COUNT...

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 10'00".

[Master] Time of Day: 10:49 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Captain Miltor (Master)] very well

[Captain Miltor (Master)] Uncle Yulf will be glad to assist you while you are here at the library, he may need to have some other priest help but he will make the introduction,

[Captain Miltor (Master)] he understands that you are a favored guest of the Count, nods to Branwyn

[Captain Miltor (Master)] it should help

[Captain Miltor (Master)] I will go pay my respects in the chapel

[Captain Miltor (Master)] if you need me

[Captain Miltor (Master)] gestures over to the side yard

[Captain Miltor (Master)] not the main churth

[Captain Miltor (Master)] church

[Master] Captain Miltor moved 84'10".

[Master] Yulf moved 6'11".

[Master] Branwyn moved 28'01".

[Master] Priest moved 88'10".

[Master] Indigo moved 17'01".

[Master] Ilero moved 24'01".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 18'03".

[Yulf (Master)] so I am to understand that you are guests here in teh Citadel

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes

[Yulf (Master)] you are here to speak with someone

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And any help to us you could provide would be much appreciated.

[Yulf (Master)] many of our contestants do not want to be bothered this close to the festival

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of course. But there is only one I wish to disturb. The one calling herself Wilamina Mosskin.

[Yulf (Master)] perhaps I can take a message to her for you

[Yulf (Master)] let us move inside to a private room

[Master] Androp Ilkep, Indigo, Ilero, Priest, Branwyn and Yulf moved 26'04".

[Yulf (Master)] now I understand that the Count may be content to entertain people such as your self

Branwyn (Lisa) looks around room

[Yulf (Master)] but I am not certain you understand that you are not welcome here on holy ground

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=11] 11 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[Priest (Master)] One of them can actually read Uncle Yulf

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am quite understanding of the extent of my welcome here.

[Priest (Master) (to Lisa only)] two tables, two book cases with scrolls looks like a dumping ground for reports perhaps that someoen has to sort through

[Priest (Master) (to Lisa only)] the priest seems impressed that anyone who is not a priest can read

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Especially since you have not invited me to your office but to your sorting room for used scrolls and books

[Yulf (Master)] my offices are in the church proper

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But it is no matter to me I assure you.

[Yulf (Master)] it is not someplace I would ever take you

[Yulf (Master)] but I am willing to be of service to my Count

[Ilero (TMO)] Sooner you help us do our job, Onkel, sooner we leave you nest.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is most gracious of you. I shall relay your devotion to the Count

[Yulf (Master)] I will leave you here with Friend Holper while I go see if this person wishes to be disturbed

[Yulf (Master)] if I can find her

[Master] Yulf moved 22'10".

[Master] Priest moved 14'11".

[Friend Holper (Master)] I am certain that Uncle will return shortly

[Indigo (Lisa)] So are all the ponies here for the book festival?

[Friend Holper (Master)] most of the entrants for the festival are working upstairs

[Friend Holper (Master)] Oh that is a delivery

[Friend Holper (Master)] a donation to the church of some rare volumes on weres

[Indigo (Lisa)] Someone delivered a bunch of ponies?

[Friend Holper (Master)] in their many shapes

[Indigo (Lisa)] Ohhh, they are delivery ponies

[Friend Holper (Master)] I do not think the ponies are staying

[Indigo (Lisa)] We fought wererats once

[Friend Holper (Master)] that must have bee frightening

[Friend Holper (Master)] where are you from?

[Friend Holper (Master)] looks at Androp

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) ignores the priest and stands with his arms crossed

Friend Holper (Master) shrugs

[Friend Holper (Master)] what are you goign to say to this person when you meet her?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Does that matter?

[Friend Holper (Master)] It seems a little strange to me that you would risk your life to come here not knowing if someone is here

[Friend Holper (Master)] and then not know what to say to them

[Friend Holper (Master)] but I am more at home with my books and scrolls

[Friend Holper (Master)] I can tell you exactly where each one is in the library

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I know exactly what I wish to say and I do not feel my life is at risk.

[Friend Holper (Master)] if the Captain had not escorted you in I would think you would be in Brother Stephanies offices right now

[Branwyn (Lisa)] In fact I offered to help the unfortunate Brother Stephanie and was told he was happier being angry all day.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I rather think he enjoys his current fate.

[Friend Holper (Master)] I cannot imagine how horrible it would be to be a woman

[Friend Holper (Master)] so it must be the same for him

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Master] Time of Day: 11:04 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Time of Day: 11:19 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But when there is hope for a cure he prefers to stay angry and torture people

[Friend Holper (Master)] I am not sure there is a cure

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is telling more of what his or her true nature is

[Friend Holper (Master)] I imagine that Uncle Yulf would have done something if it was possible

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe he does not have that particular skill

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Priests tend to be somewhat limited in the breadth of their knowledge

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I worship this god. He only does this. Or that.

Ilero (TMO) mutters quietly, "she says inside priest's library full of books..."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And then they can heal the sick or make it rain every tuesday

[Friend Holper (Master)] I can start to see how Brother Stephanie might have aquired his dislike for mages

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All I am saying is that perhaps you need to investigate other options than Uncle Yulf's skills in these matters.

[Friend Holper (Master)] I will take your thoughts under consideration

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Please do

[Master] Yulf moved 12'08".

[Yulf (Master)] has Friend Holper been of assistance to you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We were waiting for you.

[Yulf (Master)] I was able to confirm that the woman you are looking for is here

[Yulf (Master)] but she does not wish to be disturbed

[Yulf (Master)] she would not accept any interuptions

[Yulf (Master)] I will take a message for you however

[Yulf (Master)] if you wish me to bring something to her

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then you must disturb her anyway. I have a most urgent message from her father and it may only be delivered in person by me.

Ilero (TMO) folds Indigo up inside an evelope.

[Yulf (Master)] she does not wish to leve her work

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is unfortunate for her. This shall not take long.

[Yulf (Master)] I will not take you through the library,

[Yulf (Master)] I will honor our Count and have you here

[Yulf (Master)] but I will not risk things further by taking you through

[Yulf (Master)] I will take one of your companions

[Yulf (Master)] gestrures at ANdrop and Ilero

[Yulf (Master)] perhaps they can deliver your message for you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then I must speak with them privately first so that they may be sure to deliver the message correctly.

[Yulf (Master)] nods

[Yulf (Master)] I understand your reservations

[Yulf (Master)] I shal wait outside

[Master] Yulf moved 11'10".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] With Friend Holper

Friend Holper (Master) raises an eyebrow

Ilero (TMO) waits until they are outside. "Hyou gots spell make you look like one of us?"

[Friend Holper (Master)] you want me to leave too?

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Glares at Holper, "I do"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If you would be so kind

[Master] Friend Holper moved 9'02".

[Friend Holper (Master)] very well

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Priests!

[Master] and the door closes

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Shakes his head, "Damn bookworms... "

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ilero, you will be able to recognize if this is the real Wilamina.

[Ilero (TMO)] (ooc: is that the one we met at the Inn?)

[Ilero (TMO)] (I have forgotten names)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If it is you must find out what has happened to her and devise a plan with Androp for us to get her out of there

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (wilamina is the daughter of Lord Mosskin)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she was with us the two years we were at home building the temple)

[Master] you are thinking of Eustace the Princess

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that is Anastacia)

[Master] and yes everyone except Androp will recognize her

[Master] DOH Eustace is Anastacia;'s mother sorry

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we didn't roleplay much with the family back then - but Ilero will know her)

[Master] and Wilimina will recognize everyone except Androp

[Ilero (TMO)] (all we need is some chloroform and a Bag of Holding)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I want Indigo to stay with me in case I get myself in any trouble.

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (well I have my staff, clubbing her probably wouldn't be too subtle)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The longer I spend with these people the harder it is for me to hold my tongue.

[Ilero (TMO)] (Ilero shall charm her with his Wit and Rugged good looks! And his 8 Charisma)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am sure you both will figure out a wonderful plan. Or if she is not a prisoner, just get her out of this temple area and we will take her with us.

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Um... I'll help but ... why do you want this woman, if I can ask?

Ilero (TMO) nods. "Shall do our best, yes. Hyou gots silver tongue ready, guy?"

[Indigo (Lisa)] Didn't I explain all of that?

[Indigo (Lisa)] She is Lord Mosskin's daughter and is to be named the next Queen but she has been kidnapped

[Indigo (Lisa)] We are here to rescue her

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Well, you did mention looking for someone kidnapped but never gave me the details

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn is Lord Mosskin's Court Mage

[Indigo (Lisa)] No one knows she is going to be named by the Queen

[Indigo (Lisa)] She is going to be a very important person

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Alright... kind of an odd kidnapping ... her participating in this bookworm festival... but okay, I'll help get her out of here

[Indigo (Lisa)] It's kind of sad since Toybin is in love with her

[Indigo (Lisa)] And no one in their right mind would make Toybin the Consort

[Ilero (TMO)] Could this be trap?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This whole thing is very odd. That is why we must make certain that this is even really her.

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Glances at Ilero, "Well, I've never met her so as long as you point her out to me... I'll do what I can"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It could be. I was convinced after dinner that the Drakes had her and now we must investigate this.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good luck! We will be waiting for you.

[Ilero (TMO)] (how armed is Ilero, just in case? Just knives, or does he have flail too?)

[Master] only walks around with knives, leaves the flail locked in his room

[Master] is a little too suspicious to carry around

[Ilero (TMO)] (that's what I thought. just checking. hopefully not necessary)

[Master] Time of Day: 11:34 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 16th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Friend Holper moved 6'10".

[Friend Holper (Master)] knock knock

Ilero (TMO) loosens a couple of his knives in their sheathes, makes sure they will draw easily if necessary. "We guard back to back if need be, yes? Then we ready to go, I tink. Hopefully not take long. Will be back soon."

[Master] Guard #5 moved 28'10".

[Master] Guard #5 targets Friend Holper. Distance: 3'03"

[Master] Friend Holper moved 13'11".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 11'04".

[Master] Ilero moved 20'02".

[Master] Guard #5 moved 8'11".

[Master] Guard #5 targets Indigo. Distance: 1'10"

[Master] Yulf moved 7'08".

[Ilero (TMO)] Hokay, Friend. We ready to go now. Lead on.

[Yulf (Master)] I will have this guard stay with you while your friends are gone

[Yulf (Master)] I have many tasks I have neglected this morning on this problem

[Master] Yulf moved 7'06".

[Master] Guard #5 moved 2'04".

[Ilero (TMO)] We tank you for your kind assistance, Onkel.

[Master] Friend Holper, Ilero and Androp Ilkep moved 141'01".

[Master] Friend Holper moved 21'01".

[Master] Ilero moved 19'07".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 19'09".

[Master] Friend Holper moved 11'08".

[Master] Ilero moved 10'00".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 6'05".

[Master] Friend Holper moved 4'11".

[Master] Ilero moved 6'08".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 9'02".

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Friend Holper I told you I could not be distruped

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I am trying to

Missus Mosskin (Master) glances back

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] stops

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] oh damn

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Ilero

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] don't say a thing, I do not want to hear it

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] you just have to trust me

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] no

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] holds up a finger

Ilero (TMO) bows his head. "Lady."

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] just

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] go away

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] do nto tell anyone you saw me

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Glances back and forth between Ilero and the woman

[Ilero (TMO)] With regrets, Hy can not do that.

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] do not tell anyone about this

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] you can come find me after the festival

Lisa is receiving the map Church library basement...

Lisa has received the map Church library basement.

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] you cannot tell anyone my secret

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] just go

Missus Mosskin (Master) sounding like she is used to being obeyed

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] you will go and not say anything until after the festival

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Friend Holper, I am sorry but I cannot allow this interuption again

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] please take them away

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Quirks an eyebrow, "Just a moment"

Friend Holper (Master) nods

[Master] Ilero, Androp Ilkep and Friend Holper moved 7'01".

[Ilero (TMO)] Hy can not. Hy am here with Lady Branwyn and the others, seeking you. Lord Toybin is off scouting elsewhere looking for you. After we gets you home, we hass to go find him and hope he not in too much trouble.

[Friend Holper (Master)] guiding the two of you back throught eh doorway

Ilero (TMO) does not move.

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) ignores Holper and gets physical if he has to

[Friend Holper (Master)] You have to

[Friend Holper (Master)] looks at the two of you

[Friend Holper (Master)] The lady said you are to leave

[Friend Holper (Master)] you willleave

[Ilero (TMO)] Hy will leave. When Hy has said my fill.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol)

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Glares at Holper "I'd advise you to keep your hands to yourself bookworm, if you know what is good for you. This woman may be able to make you dance like a puppet with her words, but I don't know her at all and she has no authority over me"

[Master] Friend Holper targets Androp Ilkep. Distance: 1'02"

[Master] Friend Holper targets Friend Holper. Distance: 0'00"

[Ilero (TMO)] Toybin go off scouting around vampires looking for you, Lady. If you not here, we go there next to help him. He maybe already in trouble. We not leave here without you or damn good reason why not.

[Master] Friend Holper casts a spell against Friend Holper: Hold Person - Priest: Up to 4 target humanoids are held immobile for (1*2) 2 rounds unless they make a save vs spell.

[New Guy] Friend Holper no longer targets Friend Holper.

[New Guy] Friend Holper targets Friend Holper. Distance: 0'00"

[Friend Holper (Master)] that would be a save or spells for Androp and for Ilero

[Ilero (TMO)] (I like this guy. Casts Hold Person on himself)

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (wait a minute? He just casts a spell and we just stand there?)

[Ilero (TMO)] Ilero: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1d20=10] 10 - ROLL FAILED against 13!!

[Friend Holper (Master)] he was already touching you, gently trying to push you backwards

[Ilero (TMO)] (probably for the best. Unpleasant things would have happened if I'd made that save. ;) )

[Friend Holper (Master)] Androp should roll his save, if he makes it he has a full round of action

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (why does this guy get to cast a spell before either of us can do anything, is what I want to know)

[Friend Holper (Master)] his casting is the reason for you to know something is happening out of the ordinary,

[Friend Holper (Master)] rather than cast then roll INit

[Friend Holper (Master)] just doing the casting

[Friend Holper (Master)] if you make your save you get a full round action before he can react

[Friend Holper (Master)] then we will roll Init for future rounds

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Friend Holper: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1d20=20] 20 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 19!!

[Friend Holper (Master)] nice!

[Ilero (TMO)] (bounce him off the walls a few times for me, would you? )

[Friend Holper (Master)] Ok so what does Androp want to do?

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (Makes no sense... I'm ready for any confrontation and he gets off a spell automatically before I can do a thing? Dont' get that... )

[Friend Holper (Master)] ( I agree it is not quite in order as we normally do)

[Ilero (TMO)] (law of dramatic storytelling)

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) lunges at Holper with snarl, looking to knock him off his feet and pin him on the ground

[Friend Holper (Master)] make a to hit, he is ac 10

[New Guy] Friend Holper targets Friend Holper. Distance: 0'00"

[New Guy] Friend Holper targets Androp Ilkep. Distance: 1'02"

[New Guy] Androp Ilkep targets Friend Holper. Distance: 1'02"

[New Guy] Androp Ilkep targets Androp Ilkep. Distance: 0'00"

[New Guy] Androp Ilkep no longer targets Friend Holper.

[Master] Androp Ilkep targets Friend Holper. Distance: 1'02"

[Friend Holper (Master)] you are good, you can roll the attack

[Friend Holper (Master)] use your staff

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (What do I roll for grappling?0

[Friend Holper (Master)] to see if you hit

[Friend Holper (Master)] then will work out details

[Ilero (TMO)] (just think of him as Friend Pinata)

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] (all I have are attacks with weapons)

[Friend Holper (Master)] yeap

[Friend Holper (Master)] I understand you are nto doing quarterstaff damage

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Androp Ilkep: Attack: Quarterstaff: ((15-(d20+1))+1) [1d20=6] 9 [MODIFIED (+1)]. HITS Friend Holper (AC FINAL: 10)!!!

[Friend Holper (Master)] but you can use that for your attack

[Friend Holper (Master)] there you go

[Friend Holper (Master)] now you can use that to hold him to the wall with your staff

[Friend Holper (Master)] accorss his chest

[Ilero (TMO)] (the sound file for your quarterstaff sounds like an arrow hitting the target)

[Friend Holper (Master)] or you can pin his wrists to the wall, your choice,

[Friend Holper (Master)] or did you have a different choice?

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Shoves Holper against the wall with his staff pressed hard agaisnt his throat

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 3'07".

[Friend Holper (Master)] coughs

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] That was a mistake bookworm. Not another word now.. or any movement while my friend here has a word with your puppet master

[Master] pauses as Ilero is Held and not moving or speaking

[Ilero (TMO)] ...

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) keeps the pressure on Holper and waits for the spell to end

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] What are you doing ?

[Master] Missus Mosskin moved 4'04".

[Ilero (TMO)] ...

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] points at Androp

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] STOP that now

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Who are you?

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Having an intimate talk with this priest here... why don't you keep working on your quill work... afterall you didn't want to be disturbed, right?

[Friend Holper (Master)] coughs, I can

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I will not have you abusing the Priests of this Church

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) pushes the staff harder into Holper's throat, "I said no talking there friend"

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I said STOP

[Master] Missus Mosskin moved 17'01".

[Ilero (TMO)] ...

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Scoffs, "This priest here attacked me woman... and bewitched Ilero... and you want me to let him go?"

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I expect you to listen when I tell you to do soemthing

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] this is not some back alley

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] this is a library

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Good luck with that. I'm going to hold him until Ilero here is free of his witchery

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I told all three of you to leave

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Holper release Ilero from your spell

Friend Holper (Master) wheezes

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] Listen woman, your word may mean something to some people but it doesn't mean more than a heap of cow dung to me

Missus Mosskin (Master) stands up straight, pulls a dagger from her waistband

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] holds it out and advances on Androp

[Ilero (TMO)] ...

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I said to back up

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] let him speak

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] he will remove the spell if you let him speak

[Master] Missus Mosskin moved 3'05".

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) snorts amused, "You got the guts to use that? Trust me, stabbing someone isn't like penning a story. And what? He won't cast another spell on me?"

[Master] Missus Mosskin moved 6'04".

[Ilero (TMO)] ...

[Master] Missus Mosskin targets Androp Ilkep. Distance: 0'02"

[Ilero (TMO)] !!!

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I do not know who you are

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I do not care who you are

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] if you do not step back right now

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I will cut your balls off and shove them down your throat

[Ilero (TMO)] -_-

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] no night can intimidate me and no back alley ruffian will either

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Knight

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Stares at her a moment intently

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] staring back calmly, like she means it

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) narrows his eyes, "Fine. You're on your own."

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Steps back away from Holper but keeps his staff at the ready, watching intently

Friend Holper (Master) gaspss

[Master] Missus Mosskin targets Friend Holper. Distance: 0'04"

[Master] Missus Mosskin targets Missus Mosskin. Distance: 0'00"

[Master] Missus Mosskin no longer targets Missus Mosskin.

[Ilero (TMO)] <_<

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] now

[Friend Holper (Master)] gasps out a word

[Master] Ilero moved 1'01".

[Master] Missus Mosskin moved 4'04".

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] Friend Holper I am disapointed in you

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] I was told I would have peace and quiet

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] now take these two out of here this moment

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] GO

[Missus Mosskin (Master)] turns on her heel and stalks off

[Master] Missus Mosskin moved 17'01".

Ilero (TMO) glares at Holper. "Lady. You convine Lady Branwyn, and we go. Until then, you not in charge."

Friend Holper (Master) gingerly rubs his throat

[Friend Holper (Master)] come with me

[Master] Friend Holper moved 9'04".

[Master] Ilero moved 3'00".

[Master] Androp Ilkep moved 5'07".

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) Rolls his eyes and then glares at both the woman and Holper, "I'm leaving, keep your hands to yourself bookworm"

[Master] Androp Ilkep, Ilero and Friend Holper moved 49'09".

Androp Ilkep (New Guy) heads back the way they came

[Master] Androp Ilkep, Ilero and Friend Holper moved 49'09".

Lisa is receiving the map Church District Overview...

[Ilero (TMO)] (I take it the me moving did not mean I was un-Held.

Lisa has received the map Church District Overview.

[Master] Friend Holper, Ilero and Androp Ilkep moved 57'06".

[Friend Holper (Master)] yes it die

[Friend Holper (Master)] did

[Master] sorry you can still say somethign if you wish TMO

[Ilero (TMO)] I said it.

[Master] ok

[Master] we went a bit farther than I wanted to

[Master] but it was flowing nicely

[Master] was going to have you be surprised at her around the corner and just stop

[Lisa] lol

[Master] but got carried away

[Master] I think it went well

[Master] grins,

[Lisa] lol

[Ilero (TMO)] Yep. I owe her a good spanking though.

[Master] chuckles

[Ilero (TMO)] Holper had better not get in Ilero's way again though...

[Ilero (TMO)] he was just doing his job this time.

[Ilero (TMO)] I bet he's terrified, right? Eek! A 5th-level Thief doesn't like me!

[Ilero (TMO)] Run Away!!

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 200. Next level in 101336.

[Master] Indigo XP award: 200. Next level in 16135.

[Master] Ilero XP award: 200. Next level in 6624.

[Master] Androp Ilkep XP award: 200. Next level in 0.

[Master] Anddrop has over 1,000 XP now too

[Ilero (TMO)] Congrats!

[Lisa] so the map says basement

[Master] yes

[Lisa] so I assume no windows - no other doors than the entrance, etc?

[Master] that would be a good guess

[Lisa] the guys can fill me in next week :)

[Master] yeap

[Master] will be interesting to hear Androps take on her, grins

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] heh... won't be very good

[Master] I think you did a nice job with it though

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] but whatever... can't get along with everyone

[Master] shoved into a corner by a oble woman

[Master] Ilero was there

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] future queen supposedly

[Master] he can vouch for you

[Master] yeap

[Master] if you all get her through the rest of the adventure alive

[Master] and to the coronation ceremony

[Ilero (TMO)] I think I came up with a whole new language though. Held-speak.

[Ilero (TMO)] !!!

[Ilero (TMO)] o_o

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] well I can honestly say, that Androp would be okay if she was taken by vampires at some point

[Master] grins

[Ilero (TMO)] lol

[Master] Everyone knows how this will end

[Lisa] and they all lived happily ever after?

[Ilero (TMO)] we all get pancakes?

[Master] http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.BloodTrail

[Master] OK

[Master] getting late and I do work in the morning

[Master] thank you all for a fun time

[Ilero (TMO)] sorry to hear that

[Master] I work most Saturdays

[Lisa] see you all next week :)

[Ilero (TMO)] see you

[Androp Ilkep (New Guy)] alright... thanks for the game.. see you next week

[Master] hope so!

Lisa has left the game on Fri Aug 17 23:47:33 EDT 2012

[Ilero (TMO)] I have to figure out what to do in France now.

[Ilero (TMO)] blah

New Guy has left the game on Fri Aug 17 23:47:45 EDT 2012

[Master] chuckles

[Ilero (TMO)] cya

TMO has left the game on Fri Aug 17 23:48:07 EDT 2012


XP awarded