View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Apr2712

Apr 27 12 - Desperate Old Men

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Apr 27 18:48:45 EDT 2012 ====

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Apr 27 18:56:36 EDT 2012

Lisa is receiving the map upper level...

JohnAA has joined the game on Fri Apr 27 18:56:37 EDT 2012

JohnAA is receiving the map upper level...

[Master] hey guys

[Master] settign up the laptop now for Tasha

Lisa has received the map upper level.

JohnAA has received the map upper level.

[Lisa] Hello :)

[JohnAA] thought I was going to get a bonus today, but glad your here

[Lisa] you will still get a bonus

[JohnAA] should said bigger

BOB's laptop has joined the game on Fri Apr 27 19:00:12 EDT 2012

BOB's laptop is receiving the map upper level...

BOB's laptop has received the map upper level.

[Lisa] sorry about that

[JohnAA] lke I deserve it. Lucky to be here

[JohnAA] BOB is already training my replacement

[Lisa] huh?

[JohnAA] kidding

[Master] replacement for what?

[JohnAA] who is Tasha?

[Tasha] hi everyone

[JohnAA] Yar?

[JohnAA] Hello

[Lisa] hi! :)

[Tasha] no, i'm not cool enough to be Tasha Yar

[Tasha] Just a friend of BOB's

[JohnAA] Ahh, but you have heard of her

[Tasha] I have. My husband is a Star Trk fan

[Lisa] she got killed pretty early on so I don't think you would want to be her anyway

[JohnAA] and just so you know anything you say will be on the nternet so do not admit anything you might regret later

[JohnAA] I debate with my wife the diffrence between Trk and Wars. It is a never ending battle

[Tasha] My husband is a bigger wars fan than trek fan

[JohnAA] Is that why he married you? No, too early to be that deep

[Master] Tasha will be playing Heckat as her trial character to see how Klooge works out

[JohnAA] My wife only like Trek after "Seiler" become Spock

[JohnAA] do I know Heckat?

[Master] I did give her the bare bones on how Heckat interacted with the group prviously

[Master] she is the bard that TMO played to start off

[JohnAA] dwarf?

[Lisa] she likes to throw sticks at things

[JohnAA] oh

[Master] chuckles you will have to fill Tasha in on that one Lisa

[Lisa] TMO just started throwing sticks at shadows or whenever something was coming our way.

[Lisa] I kept thinking - you could get a proficiency in stick throwing?

[Tasha] apparently I'm human

[Lisa] but that was just him being her :)

[Tasha] I'll try and work that in, you know, for coninuity

[Lisa] :)

[Tasha] also, i apologize for my typing skills in advance

[JohnAA] ditto

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 500. Next level in 107952.

[Master] Hoffman XP award: 500. Next level in 30416.

[Lisa] none of us are great typists

[JohnAA] do you know Klooge / D&D or both?

[Master] Tasha has played 3.5 and 4.0 versions

[Master] but has no clue on klooge

[Tasha] am currently playing 4.0

[Tasha] we use maptools

[Tasha] and skype, playing with voince

[Master] Maptools is a freebie program

[JohnAA] voice just seems wierd without being at a table, did not work for me

[Master] so there was some good stuff online this week

[Master] Lisa did you see JOhn's latest input?

[Lisa] I did

[Master] TMO will be late if at all, Mother in Law is visisting

[Master] Guy will be in but late

[Lisa] oh fun times for him

[Lisa] marco still has two feet?

[Master] and apparently Marco does not want to play Klooge on teh flight from Japan

[JohnAA] the roaming charges are not funny

[Master] so the three of you are in the room at the Inn

[Lisa] emergency medical coming home or just coming home?

[Master] home for sister's wedding I think

[Lisa] good

[JohnAA] depends on who she is marrying

[Lisa] have been worried about that poisonous venom thing

[JohnAA] oh you mean his feet, yes, good to have two

[Lisa] yes it is, I have no opinion on upcoming nuptuals

[Master] I do not know who his sister is marrying

[Lisa] we have a day of travel to get to the citadel so we still have time to procrastinate on how or if to do a party split, correct?

[JohnAA] so how far back do we need to keep Tasha interested

[Master] yes to lisa

[Master] and Tasha is mostly caught up

[JohnAA] let me explain, no time to explain, let me sum up

[JohnAA] there is but one working gate

[Lisa] lol

[Tasha] lol

[Master] and so

[Master] thoughts on traveling etc?

[JohnAA] well do we know how dangerous it is?

[Heckat (Tasha)] Branwyn, can you introduce me to the others, since we already know each other?

[Lisa] (sorry - was afk)

[JohnAA] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Heckat! It has been too long. Last time we saw each other was in Rivers Bend

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Let me introduce Hoffman, and his compatriots QuiFon, Brother Foto and Miranda

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You know Indigo

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::cough cough::

[Heckat (Tasha)] Yes, I've been busy with another patron, who doesn't currently need my services. I though I'd come and see what was going on in this part of the wprld

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Good day

[Indigo (Lisa)] We're going to go rescue a Princess! Do you want to come with us?

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] You look like a traveler

[Indigo (Lisa)] It won't be as exciting as the Overreach with the wild butterflies and bison and all

[Heckat (Tasha)] Pleased to met you all. I'd love to come!

[Heckat (Tasha)] Butterflies are overrated

Branwyn (Lisa) gives Indigo's hair a bit of a tug

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] Can I answer any other questions before retiring for the evening?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] WQell you have to come with us now since our mission was supposed to be a secret!

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] So we were just discussing weither to split up on this upcomming investigation

[Heckat (Tasha)] to what purpose?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] it is rather a large area to search

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh and I forgot. This is Sir Toybin

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] and we are a bit of an army

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He is familiar with the Vilmar Citadel

[Heckat (Tasha)] I've heard of Vilmar more...from my studies, possibly

[Heckat (Tasha)] before

[Heckat (Tasha)] not more

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] I am willing to take one of your people with me to go stake out the Ghostwood Domain

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] you started to indicate Miranda would be that person?

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles ruefully "We are willing to allow one of our own to go with you Sir Toybin"

Toybin of Castling (Master) bows

[Miranda (JohnAA)] Am I being traded?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No of course not! And you don't have to go if you do not wish to.

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] perhaps loaned?

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] somethign borrowed something blue?

[Miranda (JohnAA)] So I am not to pretend I am a princess?

[Heckat (Tasha)] Sounds to me like you're being volunteered

[Miranda (JohnAA)] (yes and yes)

Branwyn (Lisa) leans over and speaks softly "This is too personal for Toybin. Someone must watch him and protect him"

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] a pretend princess? no I do not think that will help

[Miranda (JohnAA)] I am happy to go, just looking to know my place

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] very well

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You are a mage and not a servant. Make sure he remembers that

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] Miranda can sleep with us, we will leave early in the morning

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] I want to get the Princess home first

Anastacia Eustace (Master) through the wall, I CAN HEAR YOU

[Heckat (Tasha)] Who is that?

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] I will escort the Princess home

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] then Miranda and I will go to Ghostwood

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] looks over at Heckat, that is the royal princess, Anastaia Eustace

[Miranda (JohnAA)] ::smiles::

[Indigo (Lisa)] That's Princess Anastacia! You will like her when you meet her

[Heckat (Tasha)] She sounds lovely

Indigo (Lisa) frowns "but you probably won't until the coronation"

[Indigo (Lisa)] She trained me in my sword mastery! And a princess!

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] All things in time

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] I do very much hope there will be a coronation

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] it is only a matter of when

[Indigo (Lisa)] There has to be a coronation

[Heckat (Tasha)] Look at this party of people to help you. how could there not be?

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] thank you all

[Toybin of Castling (Master)] I will go retire and hope to see you later after you or I rescue Mina

[Master] Toybin of Castling moved 9'11".

[Master] Toybin of Castling moved 39'03".

[Master] Toybin of Castling moved 53'09".

[Indigo (Lisa)] (Tasha - did Bob show you the map? Just double click on Vilmar citadel icon and that will show you where we are going)

[Heckat (Tasha)] (thanks. figuring it out as the chat is ongoing

[Master] refilling drink as you all come up with a bit of a plan

[Master] travel will not be dangerous as in goblins and ogres

[Master] but you will find patrols and farmers etc

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

[JohnAA] My pont was the value of splitting up

[Lisa] I have no problem with that

[JohnAA] I think it is natural to but do we need to make a big deal about being two seperate groups

[Heckat (Tasha)] I don't know yet why we are going to the citadel, only that it is our next destination

[Lisa] probably not

[Lisa] oh - well that is somewhat important to know :)

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Heckat (Tasha)] I assume we want an audience with the lord of the citadel?

[Lisa] someone kidnapped the queen's choice to be coronated

[Heckat (Tasha)] we think she's there?

[Lisa] coronation is in a little over a month

[Lisa] there are two places she could be

[Lisa] Toybin is going to one and we are going to the other

[Heckat (Tasha)] ahhh

[Lisa] we have no idea really where she is

[JohnAA] but we really can't just ask

[Lisa] but she was taken most likely so she could marry one of the Count's sons prior to the coronation and assuring his future power

[Heckat (Tasha)] Is there a reason Vilmar would know of our group? or that we would be noticed for entering the citadel?

[JohnAA] Lisas two characters are well know

[JohnAA] I have a couple odd balls that will get noticed, but no one knows them

[Lisa] one of my characters is the court mage for the family that has the kidnapped daughter

[JohnAA] not the group to walk arround un noticed looking for someone whom no one knows is missing

[Lisa] will be tricky as she is probably being held in nice quarters somewhere - it would surprise me a lot if this turned out to be a jail break

[Lisa] unless of course one of our people gets arrested

[Lisa] That is much more likely

[Lisa] :)

[Heckat (Tasha)] lol

[Lisa] is a political thing with a a leading family in kingdom

[Master] Guard moved 46'07".

[JohnAA] not to mention the inforamtion comes from our arch enemy

[Heckat (Tasha)] sounds to me like we have everything completely under control

[Lisa] Ha!

[Lisa] I like the attitude

[Lisa] Piece o' cake

[Heckat (Tasha)] It seems our main concern then is letting Vilmar's people know that the mage is in toen. if he's holding her there, you might be seen as a spy to ferret info

[Lisa] But they don't know that we know they may have her

[Heckat (Tasha)] the family doesn't know she's missing?

[JohnAA] is it fair to say bob that people know of Brawyn's connetion to Tobin, certain the princess

[JohnAA] and thus when the person finds out she is here, they will know something is up

[Master] Nobles who pay attention to Court intrigue would know that Branwyn works for the Jistille Estates, and would know who Toybin is

[Master] there is no connection between Toybin and Branwyn

[Master] in any real sense for most court observers

[Lisa] is a diificult thing

[Lisa] my connection should grant easier access to the Count and his family

[JohnAA] but what would be the harm s saying the pricenss was seen n this area? would't she travel in secret like the other one

[Lisa] would they invite Hoffman to dinner for example?

[Master] hence why it is called an adventure :)

[Master] Branwyn will almost certainly be able to be invited to a court function here

[Master] she can bring a guest or two

[Lisa] I was thinking we would not be actually asking where is the princess

[Master] will help if she can explain why she brough them, if they can provide entertainment for example

[Lisa] can QuiFon juggle?

[JohnAA] tumbling

[Heckat (Tasha)] I may be able to help in that respect. I can sing and play, if you would like

[Lisa] that will work

[Master] of course Sarengar when Guy is here

[JohnAA] brb

Heckat (Tasha) florishes my robes

[Lisa] I was thinking we would be talking up the coronation looking for things that don't seem right etc.

[Lisa] Problem is that we don't know if they even have her

[Lisa] and if they don't we don't want it to get out that she is lost

[Master (to Tasha only)] this is a whisper

[Lisa] there was this competition of sorts to get chosen by the queen and so there are two fallback options if ours disappears for good

[Lisa] this one though is the best choice and if plans go awry civil war could ensue, etc

[JohnAA] but that is not the worst case senario

[JohnAA] well cival war may be

[Master] so click to morning?

[Master] you do still need to figure out traveling to Vilmar Citadel

[Lisa] we will be at citadel after a day and night of travelling?

[JohnAA] do you want to rp Miranda paying penace

[Master] 16 miles there, so walking with Indigo will take a day and a half yes

[Master] humans can go 24 per day, halfling/gnome are 12 per day

[Lisa] and Foto and Koorin

[Lisa] many people with short legs around here :)

[JohnAA] so Hoffman, hecket and Marco's elf go a day ahead?

[Lisa] I am away from the keyboard.

[Master] do you want to have some go on in early to stay at one of the Inns?

[Lisa] I am back at the keyboard.

[JohnAA] was thinking, but knows the rolls and who is online, does not seem lke a good idea

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (go a full day ahead?)

[JohnAA] if everyong was here, but just you and me no

[Master] Question A - everyone walking?

[JohnAA] we should stay togther for the most travel

[Master] Question B - Everyone show up at Citadel at the same time

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so how you are splitting the party now is how you want it split the entire time in citadel?)

[Heckat (Tasha)] do we have money for horses? or a cart?

[Master] Question C - how much do you want to show you know each other prior to meeting up in the Citadel?

[Master] and yes you have some money, Lisa did a nice Party Pack breakdown

[JohnAA] we do not know where we go from there, and we are traveling lite so I would say not worth it

[Master] you will have to find horses/ponies to purchase from a local on the trip however there is not a stable here that sells them

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We can walk a day I think

[JohnAA] we can sepeate a few hours out of town

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I think we should split up the citadel for searching purposes but I am leery of disowning other characters)

[JohnAA] for sure

[Master] Ok so click to mornign and walking

[Master] staying as a group for the first half of the day at least

[Master] Medoro moved 29'02".

Tasha is receiving the map Base Map...

Tasha has received the map Base Map.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (medoro??)

[Branwyn (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Branwyn modified:

Lisa is receiving the map Base Map...

Lisa has received the map Base Map.

[Master] To get Base Map moved 17'11".

[Master] Time of Day: 07:15 AM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 11th, 342 SKR.

[Master] dawn breaks

[Master] and you have breakfast

[Master] Miranda is gone

[Master] Miranda moved 40'01".

[JohnAA] poof

[Master] you have breakfast

[Heckat (Tasha)] Nice to not really have met you

[Master] and hire a boat to ferry your group across the channel

[Branwyn (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Branwyn modified: Spells - CHANGED: Chromatic Blade -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Dimension Door -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Lightning Bug -- # Memorized: 1 (+0), CHANGED: Magic Missile -- # Memorized: 1 (+0), CHANGED: Maximillian's Stony Grasp -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Phantasmal Killer -- # Memorized: 1 (+0), CHANGED: Polymorph Other -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Water Breathing - Wizard -- # Memorized: 0 (1), Magical Abilities - CHANGED: 5 -- Current: 0 (1).

[Master] there are a couple of buildings there on that side

[Master] you travel

[Master] everyone ready for that?

[JohnAA] how is the weather?

[Master] slight rain

[Master] but nothign horrible

[Master] warm day

[Master] bright sun

[Heckat (Tasha) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Heckat modified: Spells - CHANGED: Friends -- # Memorized: +1 (+0),

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] so nice without the mist

[Master] yes

[Master] happy to not be in the Mist

[Master] Heckat has not ever had to deal with that yet

[Heckat (Tasha)] I don't have to, thanks anyway. perfectly happy mist-free

[Master] you good Lisa?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] uh oh

[Heckat (Tasha)] ?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yup)

[Master] Ok so as you are traveling along you are walking a lane between a canal and a farmer's field

[Master] heading eastward

[Master] and out of the field of wheat

[Master] a woman stumbles out in front of you running

[Master] comes up short at the edge fo the canal

[Master] make an observation check anyone?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Hoffman: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=17] 17 - ROLL FAILED against 14!!

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] so no

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=9] 9 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[Master (to Lisa only)] her left hand is missing, it has been cut off, is healed over

[Branwyn (Lisa) (to Master only)] that is weird

[Thief (Master)] YELP

[Thief (Master)] HI,

[Thief (Master)] um

Branwyn (Lisa) hurries over to the woman "Are you allright? Can we help you?"

[Thief (Master)] you won't say anything..

[Thief (Master)] Oh yes I am fine thank you

[Thief (Master)] just fine

[Thief (Master)] I

[Thief (Master)] if anyone asks, I went for a swim

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You don't look fine. You .. you are missing a hand

Thief (Master) tosses a large rock into the water

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (clearly not a Master Thief)

[Thief (Master)] me tucks her arm close to her body

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What are you doing?

[Thief (Master)] have to run, nice to meet you

Heckat (Tasha) comes up behind "is she bleeding?"

Thief (Master) ducks back into the field

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No it was healed

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Hoffman gives chase

[Master] you see the wheat waving as she is moving away

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Very strange woman

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Branwyn?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] we should stop her no?

Branwyn (Lisa) watches Hoffman chase down the woman

[Farmer Grin (Master)] HEY YOIU THERE

[Farmer Grin (Master)] STOP

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::looks:: Me?

[Farmer Grin (Master)] what are you doing ?

[Farmer Grin (Master)] branishes his flail at Hoffman

[Farmer Grin (Master)] what are you doing in my field

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::steps bck::

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Thought that girl was troubble

[Farmer Grin (Master)] you saw her?

[Farmer Grin (Master)] where did she go?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Into the wheat

[Farmer Grin (Master)] damn bitch has stolen from my hen house for the last time

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::point::

[Farmer Grin (Master)] scowls at Hoffman, considers, then chases off into the wheat

[Heckat (Tasha)] was she carrying a chicken I missed?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::walks back to Brawyn::

[Heckat (Tasha)] or were those eggs she dumped in the river?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Brawyn you just let cray people run past you?

[Master] you did not see anything she was carrying

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] can we go the way she came, any one with tracking?

Branwyn (Lisa) shrugs "Am I supposed to stop everything that crosses my path?"

[Master] Sarengar or Ilero are not here sadly

[Branwyn (Lisa)] She seemed a silly girl who has already paid for her poor thief skills

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] guess not, shall we ::points down path::

[Heckat (Tasha)] or perhaps just hungry

[Master] Time of Day: 11:43 AM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 11th, 342 SKR.

[Master] as you travel farther along

[Master] you come to a small hill that has a manor house on the top

[Master] there are a couple of smaller buildings off to the sides

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Lunch time yet

[Indigo (Lisa)] Can we stop here for lunch?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (excuse me, we are looking for a princess, have you seen any plumbers?)

[Master] groan

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that went entirely over my head)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (lucky you)

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] I see no reason to sto[

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] stop

[Heckat (Tasha)] Branwynn, any idea whose house his could be? I wouldn't want to fall into the lair of one of Vilmar's sword smuggling cronies.

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] best not to make waves, keep lips sealed

[Indigo (Lisa)] Okay. I was kust hungry and thought it looked like a nice place

[Heckat (Tasha)] no, I'm hungry too.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Heckat, I have never travelled this way. I'm afraid I know nothing about the area

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] No harm to stop

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And just because a house looks nice does not mean there is someone waiting to feed you in it Indigo

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] It feels right

[Heckat (Tasha)] oh well. we could definetly try anyway

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "But we can go and see"

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] I shall stay back as I am ,well, who I am

[Master] as you approach the hill a young man looks up from his work

[Young man (Master)] Hello strangers

[Young man (Master)] are you the circus?

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::waves::

[Heckat (Tasha)] No, just hungry travellers

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] Not the one you are expectng

[Young man (Master)] sighs,

[Young man (Master)] I was hoping for the circus to come back

[Young man (Master)] I missed them the first time

[Heckat (Tasha)] when were they here?

[Young man (Master)] they took Timothy along with them, I was hoping he would come back for me

[Young man (Master)] looks at Heckat, oh last week I think?

Young man (Master) thinks

[Young man (Master)] 5 sleeps I think

[Branwyn (Lisa)] that was not very long ago at all. Where were they headed next?

[Young man (Master)] they did not say, all these flyers showed up the day before

[Young man (Master)] then they were here for two days, then they left

[Young man (Master)] I guess if you came from there, then they must have gone there, (points West then East)

[Indigo (Lisa)] Maybe they went to the citadel and we shall get to see them!

[Indigo (Lisa)] I've never seen a circus before

[Young man (Master)] you are going tot he Citadel?!!!

[Young man (Master)] wow

[Young man (Master)] I have never been that far before

[Young man (Master)] is it nice?

[Indigo (Lisa)] But it's only a day away from here

[Young man (Master)] it is miles and miles, I could never make it there on my morning off

[Indigo (Lisa)] That's true. We've never been there either

[Young man (Master)] my master would not let me just wander around, your master must be very nice

[Young man (Master)] who is your Lord?

Indigo (Lisa) puffs out his chest a bit "I have no master. I am my own master"

Young man (Master) blinks

[Young man (Master)] no master

[Young man (Master)] how can that be?

[Young man (Master)] who feeds you then?

[Young man (Master)] who clothes you?

[Young man (Master)] how do you know when to bring in the harvest?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Ummm we just buy food when we are hungry

[Young man (Master)] who to go to for milk?

[Young man (Master)] buy!

[Heckat (Tasha)] the milk vendor?

[Indigo (Lisa)] We're not farmers

Young man (Master) is obviously confused by the concept of purchasing

[Heckat (Tasha)] who is tyhe master here?

[Young man (Master)] if you are not farmers then what do you make?

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] It seems as if we are from diffrent worlds

[Young man (Master)] everyone has a trade

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] but we live off the land in our own way

[Young man (Master)] my master is Slud

[Young man (Master)] he is in charge of the grounds here

[Heckat (Tasha)] I make nothing, but sing and play and learn at my leisure

[Young man (Master)] Oh you are a jester!

[Young man (Master)] can you tell me a joke?

[Young man (Master)] I never hear new jokes

Heckat (Tasha) affronted "I do not tel jokes!"

Young man (Master) confused

[Young man (Master)] but you are a jester!

[Young man (Master)] how can you be a fool and not tell jokes?

[Heckat (Tasha)] No sir. A scholar

[Young man (Master)] OH do you eat live rats or something?

[Heckat (Tasha)] precisely

Heckat (Tasha) sigh

[Indigo (Lisa)] Rats? What do rats have to do with anything?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Is your master a good master?

[Young man (Master)] isn't that what fools do? trip and fall, tell jokes, stuff like that?

[Young man (Master)] Slud is a good master I guess

[Young man (Master)] he is the only one i have known

[Heckat (Tasha)] Fools do those things. No I

[Young man (Master)] although Thomas said he has heard other masters sometimes let peopel sleep inside

[Heckat (Tasha)] And Slud owns this farm?

Young man (Master) blinks scared

[Young man (Master)] OH NO

[Young man (Master)] Slud is just the master of the grounds,

[Young man (Master)] the Lord owns all this land

[Young man (Master)] as far as you can see

[Young man (Master)] he is very powerful

[Young man (Master)] he has a steel sword and shield on his wall

[Young man (Master)] at least I heard that

[Heckat (Tasha)] Yes, he does have a fondness for swords

[Indigo (Lisa)] Who is your Lord?

[Young man (Master)] Slud is my master,

[Young man (Master)] Lord Kilt owns the land

Heckat (Tasha) surprised at the name. unexpected.

Indigo (Lisa) scratches his head "Never heard of him"

[Heckat (Tasha)] Does your LOd live in that house over there?

[Young man (Master)] Oh yes the Lord lives up there and looks out over everything'

[Heckat (Tasha)] /turns to group "shall we?"

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] I believe we will

[Master] Time of Day: 11:58 AM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 11th, 342 SKR.

[Master] Time of Day: 12:13 PM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 11th, 342 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Could be very interesting

Heckat (Tasha) flips the kid a copper

[Young man (Master)] Oh hearing the bells I need to get to work, my morning is over

[Young man (Master)] scrambles to pick up the coin

[Young man (Master)] really?

[Heckat (Tasha)] thanks for your help and information

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So you have heard of this Lord Kilt?

[Young man (Master)] snatches up the coin

[Young man (Master)] tucks it inside his shirt, he does not have a belt pouch

[Heckat (Tasha)] no. i had assumed it was Vilmar's land out here as well.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That's what I half expected. But he might know how things are at the citadel these days

[Heckat (Tasha)] Do you remember if Kilt was on Vilmar's side in thatwhole sword smuggling thing?

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (have you been reading the website? I have no idea)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We are going to have to rely on your knowledge for that

[Heckat (Tasha)] (bits and pieces. I also have no idea. But we need to watch out because if Vilmar knows we are the ones who stoped his smuggling thing, it will add an extra layer of danger to what we are aout to do.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we stopped s sword smuggling thing?)

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] (not on purpose)

[Heckat (Tasha)] (Apparently...)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (OH!!!! The short swords! Is that what you're talking about?)

[Heckat (Tasha)] (yes?)

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Master] yes

[JohnAA] we just killed the right bad guys at the right time

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Can't remember if Indigo's second one is one of those)

[Heckat (Tasha)] He's not gonna care if it was accidental, so we should tread lightly

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (he favors his goblin sword)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hoffman was there for that)

[JohnAA] he was kidnaped but sort of

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (this should be a very interesting lunch)

[JohnAA] brb

[Heckat (Tasha)] OK, I'm hungry and intrigued. Let's go check it out. Looks like I lucked out running into you guys. This is gonna be fun. WHo knew I'd get to participate in the histories I've been recording for so long!

[Heckat (Tasha)] brb

[Master] so you all move up the hills towards the manor house as the young man goes back to his work at weeding the nearby garden

[Master] and by the way Lisa, Indigo did not keep any of the Vilmar short swords

[Master] his two swords predate finding that cache of them during the Ophioglossum story arc

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (good - thanks)

[Master] but Tasha was following up on the Drillian history page note

[Master] I pointed her to

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (which I should have been doing as well)

[Master] Guard moved 5'11".

[Master] ok

[Heckat (Tasha)] I'm back

[Master] as you arrive at the door it opens up

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good afternoon

[Steward (Master)] Good Afternoon

[Steward (Master)] welcome to Kilt Manor

[Steward (Master)] how can I help you

[Steward (Master)] looks at your clothing

[Steward (Master)] stares at Indigo for a moment

[Steward (Master)] then is startled at Qui

[Branwyn (Lisa)] My friends and I are travelling and were wondering if we could stop for some lunch. We could pay you of course for your trouble

[Steward (Master)] gives a half bow

[Steward (Master)] the Lord is out riding at the moment

[JohnAA] ::nods::

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles at the person at the door

[Steward (Master)] but please come in

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you

[Steward (Master)] you are from the Mosskin Estates?

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "Why yes. And how did you know that?"

[Steward (Master)] (remember Jistille Estates and Mosskin Estates are two different things)

[Steward (Master)] http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Drillian-PoliticalAmpSociety

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sigh - how is that?)

[Steward (Master)] I see the patterns of your weapon gear

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you enjoy setting me up)

[Steward (Master)] you are traveling far

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes, but that is nothing new for us

[Branwyn (Lisa)] My name is Branwyn. Court Mage for Lord Mosskin

[Steward (Master)] I am sure you have some interesting stores, Lord Kilt will be most grateful for a calm civilized dinner

[Steward (Master)] swallows,

Branwyn (Lisa) introduces her friends in turn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is something the matter?

[Steward (Master)] I am sorry, Mi'lad.,... Miss... glances at Indigo for help in how to address Branwyn

[Indigo (Lisa)] Mistress Branwyn is fine

[Steward (Master)] Mistress Branwyn

[Steward (Master)] thank you it is very nice to meet you

[Steward (Master)] we do not have such fine guests come to our humble place

[Steward (Master)] let me show you in

[Steward (Master)] is there anyting you need?

[Steward (Master)] I hope nothign too unusual?

[Steward (Master)] we are nto really prepared for extravagant needs

Indigo (Lisa) smiles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There is no need to go to any trouble

Steward (Master) he bows and shows you into the main room

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If you have something to offer us to drink while we wait I would be most obliged

[Steward (Master)] he hurries to bring a chair over to the one window

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you think the Lord will be long?

[Steward (Master)] and then polishies it a bit for her to sit in

[Steward (Master)] Oh I am certain that as soon as he hears you are here he will be right back, never want to keep a mage waiting you know

Steward (Master) swallows in fear/embarassment

[Steward (Master)] and then excuses himself

Branwyn (Lisa) as soon as he leaves the room bursts out laughing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He acts as if any moment I would turn him into a toad

[Heckat (Tasha)] that was a little extreme, no?

[JohnAA] this is unlike the traveling I have done thus far

[Master] a young girl rushes in with a pitcher of wine and glasses

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] (as Qi Fon

[Master] sets them on a stool and flees

Steward (Master) strides back into the room more confident now, clearly looking better, put on a new jacket

[Steward (Master)] I am sorry Misstress Branwyn, we so rarely get esteemed visitors without notice here

[Steward (Master)] what brings you to our corner of the Kingdom?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We do not mean to put you out

[Steward (Master)] oh no not at all

[Steward (Master)] did you wish to spend the evening? I will prepare chambers for you

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] (are we half way already?)

[Steward (Master)] well for you, I am sad to say I cannot accomodate all of your group

[Heckat (Tasha)] we've been travelling for some days, and were just hoping for some hot food and some news of the area before continuing on.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh well we are going to the coronation of course and I thought we would leave a bit early and do some sightseeing and visiting

[Steward (Master)] there is a coronation?

[Steward (Master)] what happened to the queen?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have never been this way before after all

[Steward (Master)] this is important news

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Nothing has happened to the Queen. Her preseumptive is to be named

[Steward (Master)] OH

[Steward (Master)] yes

[Steward (Master)] sorry, I did hear of that

[Steward (Master)] so sorry,

[Steward (Master)] I must confess you are not quite what I expected

[Steward (Master)] I heard you traveled with a fearsome guard

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] Hoffman: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=15] 15 - ROLL FAILED against 14!!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And what did you expect?

[Steward (Master)] and put down your ememies before they even knew you were there

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] No one expectes the might Indigo

[Heckat (Tasha)] and we can't do those things?

[Steward (Master)] the Mosskin Estates are very lucky to have lured you away to them

Indigo (Lisa) grins broadly

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] (or the spanish...)

[Steward (Master)] I am very pleased you chose to visit us

[Steward (Master)] we are well known in the area for our dyes

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] How shall we address you sir?

[Heckat (Tasha)] (...inquisition)

[Steward (Master)] Oh I am a simple steward, the Lord prefers to keep to our titles

[Steward (Master)] rather than names,

[Steward (Master)] Stweard is just fine master hoffman

[Steward (Master)] (well as long as you spell it better than I do)

[Heckat (Tasha)] We hear you had a circus visiting a short time ago.

[Steward (Master)] shudders

[Steward (Master)] a horrible thing

[Steward (Master)] I am certain that they stole two of our people

[Steward (Master)] kidnapped

[Steward (Master)] lured away by false promises

[Steward (Master)] but they are gypsies, what can you do about them

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] ::shudders::

[Heckat (Tasha)] the false promise of a warm, dry bed indoors, perhaps?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I rather like gypsies myself

[Steward (Master)] looks at Heckat, Exactly!

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] Not all travles are going with the wind

[Steward (Master)] who will fall for that sort of fairy tale, common workers with a feather bed

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] many decide to cut a path across anothers

[Steward (Master)] I mean no offence Mistress Branwyn

[Steward (Master)] you are more worldly than I and I am certain have seen many strange and wonderful things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] None taken. I have just met some very brave and kind ones

Steward (Master) looks puzzled at the idea of brave gypsies

[Steward (Master)] So can I ask a personal question?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You may ask

[Heckat (Tasha)] I do hope those who ran off were not of particular value?

[Steward (Master)] what is it like travelign with a blood thirsty monster? points to Qui

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] ::chuckles::

[Steward (Master)] I have heard that you have to watch your fingers when they come near you

[Steward (Master)] he is magical right?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Dear Steward you really must get out more.

[Heckat (Tasha)] /walks over to Qui, pointing. "Hungry?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] QuiFon is a priest and shall not harm you

[Steward (Master)] Oh I travel some, I have been to two nearby Manors

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] ::to Branwyn:: As you wish ;)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And whose manors have you been to?

[Steward (Master)] There is Lord Ilto, she is to the north about 4 miles and then there is Sir poe, he has a small place in the swamp to the southwest

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And I suppose there were no dwarves at those manors.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is too bad.

[Steward (Master)] I have only heard of dwarves in childrens tales of boogy men

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] I can oly be so many places

[Steward (Master)] no one has ever seen a live dwarf that I have ever heard

[Branwyn (Lisa)] QuiFon actually gives some very good advice. You should pay attention when he speaks

[Steward (Master)] they slip in and out of darkeness, coming and goind with the shadows

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is silly

[Steward (Master)] they are not magical?

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] in truth I am not a typical dwarf, but would like to be a better than average example

[Steward (Master)] please do not start eating children here, Lord Kilt would be most displeased

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes QuiFon, please restrain yourself for the duration of our stay here

[QuiFon Ruminel (JohnAA)] I would never eat a human

[Steward (Master)] Thank you Mistress Branwyn

[Lord Kilt (Master)] STEWARD

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I hear we have guests,

Branwyn (Lisa) places a hand upon the Steward's shoulder "What you have heard are stories. You are quite safe with us"

Steward (Master) whispers thank you

Branwyn (Lisa) looks over at Lord Kilt and bows

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Are my guests happy?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lord Kilt it is an honour to meet you

[Lord Kilt (Master)] It is very nice to meet you fine lady

Steward (Master) clears his throat

[Hoffman (JohnAA)] I feel bad for my friend here but it is a good day

[Steward (Master)] This is the Mistress Branwyn, Court Mage for the Mosskin Estates

[Steward (Master)] and her companions

[Lord Kilt (Master)] why this is a surprise

[Lord Kilt (Master)] what brings you to our fine manor?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] are you looking for new colors?

[JohnAA] You all ahve fun, I am signing off

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I can arrange for our dyers to create a perfect blend for you

[Lord Kilt (Master)] (night john)

[JohnAA] see you all on line

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I apologize for showing up unannounced but as we were travelling we saw your fine house and could not resist stopping

[Heckat (Tasha)] (night)

JohnAA has left the game on Fri Apr 27 21:38:52 EDT 2012

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (goodnight)

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "I would like that very much"

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am very pleased word of our skill has reached you all the way up north there

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am always happy to have visitors from far away

[Lord Kilt (Master)] it helps to keep my staff in touch with teh outside world

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hope we have not frightened him too much by our presence

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Oh I am sure that anythign larger than a mouse woudl frighten some of hte staff

[Lord Kilt (Master)] but no worries

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Steward take care of lunch, I will go bring in a boar for dinner

[Lord Kilt (Master)] take care of our guests

Lord Kilt (Master) stomps out of the door caling for a spear and hounds

[Steward (Master)] very well,

[Steward (Master)] bows,

Heckat (Tasha) looks at others: "I guess we're staying for dinner"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I suppose so.

[Steward (Master)] I can say you have been called away if you wish to continue

[Heckat (Tasha)] Steward, so you have any recent news? We have been travelling and are feeling a little out of touch.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I wonder if I could get some nice material to make something new for the coronation

[Steward (Master)] as you saw the Lord is rather abrupt, he will be used to it from others

[Branwyn (Lisa)] perhaps a beautiful burgundy

[Steward (Master)] we have some cloth here, but mostly just to test

[Steward (Master)] I am certain that we can provide just the shade you wish

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you. I didn't mean to interrupt. It has just been awhile since I have even thought of new clothes.

[Steward (Master)] I know we have the three main parts, Scarlet red, Evenign Blue and Sunshine Yellow

[Heckat (Tasha)] I've come to the point where I've forgotten what it feels like to be in clean clothes, never mind new clothes

[Steward (Master)] it will take some balancing between the three to find the right shade for you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I am sure you will come up with something wonderful. And you were going to gicve Heckat the latest news of the area?

[Steward (Master)] did you wish to see the vats? they can be unpleasent but .... glances at Qui and the gnome, you seem to be ok with things not normally for ladies

[Steward (Master)] the latest news?

[Steward (Master)] I know that there were some raids by wolves on the sheep in the southeast pens

[Steward (Master)] someone must have left the gate unlocked,

[Steward (Master)] a wolf cannot unlock a gate now can they?

[Steward (Master)] but they carried off two of the sheep

[Heckat (Tasha)] We may have dispelled your notion of dwarves today, but no, I do not beloeve wolves can unlock gates.

[Steward (Master)] I have heard that there will be at least an interest in the Lord attending the Announcement Ceremony this summer

[Steward (Master)] it is still very mysterious of course, but the Queen likes that

[Steward (Master)] I beleive that Count Vilmar has an interest, I have heard that he is likely to be on the council that makes the choice

[Steward (Master)] but of course he would be, he is the most power lord in the Kingdom

[Steward (Master)] powerful

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm sure he will

[Steward (Master)] I will go fetch lunch for you

[Master] he scurries off to the kitchens

[Master] leaving you three alone in the main room

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He doesn't know much but that is to be expected

[Heckat (Tasha)] I was just about to say the same

[Heckat (Tasha)] Ans Kilt is rather...non-vocal.

[Heckat (Tasha)] It should be an interesting dinner.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He may be more talkative once he sits down to eat

[Heckat (Tasha)] I hope so. I wonder how much interaction he actually has with the citadel

[Master] lunch is served by two young children, bringing in a table then laying on bread and such

[Master] a quick small meal

[Heckat (Tasha)] (are they well dressed? look well taken care of?)

[Master] they have clothes on, not sticks and bones, they do not look abused, they are quiet and efficient

Heckat (Tasha) I go over and make myself a plate

[Master] lunch pases

[Master] no one returns

[Master] are you staying for dinner?

[Heckat (Tasha)] (do we think it'sa worth it?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think it would be rude not to. He is out killing a boar and all

[Master] lol

[Heckat (Tasha)] I do like a good ham

[Master] Ok so after you have long finished your lunch the two servants come back to clear it away

[Master] did you want to do antyhing between now and dinner?

[Heckat (Tasha)] would it be possible to wash up?

[Master] Time of Day: 02:13 PM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 11th, 342 SKR.

[Master] no wash basin has been offered

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is there a bell for the steward?

[Master] no

[Heckat (Tasha) (to Lisa only)] sigh. another day, more travel grime.

[Heckat (Tasha)] (We could go and look around)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sure

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we were in a study or parlor area?)

[Master] it is a large room, serves as the main hall, there are two doors leaving this area, plus the main entrance

[Master] one goes to the kitchens and servants, one must go to the masters chambers, no one has used that door yet

[Master] there are several smaller buildings outside

[Master] that were around the manor house

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (too bad John left - would have loved to send QuiFon into the kitchen)

[Master] ?

[Master] to terrorize the cooks?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes - why not?)

[Master] I thought that was Koorins job?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she's not here either)

[Heckat (Tasha)] SHall we look around outside?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I guess we could. Depends on how badly you's like to get cleaned up. I'm picturing dye vats ourside.

[Heckat (Tasha)] not strictly necessary. might be worth it to talk to others instaed

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so what did we decide? lol we can start outside and then come back in)

[Master] ok

[Master] so you three venture out to the grounds

[Master] walking around you see the young man from earlier harvesting flowers

[Master] gathering them and then bringing his sack to a central point

[Master] there are a a couple of old women who pick up things from there to take them and sort them into baskets

[Master] each basket then gets carried up to one of the buildings

[Master] you see smoke coming from the top of one of them

[Master] others have large drying racks outside

[Master] it seems a decent operation,

[Master] you pass the afternoon watching the craftsmen at their work

[Master] branwyn talks with one of the women

[Master] she is shown several samples

[Master] and picks the shade closest to what she would like them to produce

[Master] the foreman says that he will deliver it to Lord Kilt that afternoon for her

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Heckat, do you want to pick one?

[Master] you can have someone read these instructions for you

[Master] it will tell them how much dye to use per part of water when you are ready to dye your goods

[Heckat (Tasha)] Hmmm...a rich blue, perhaps

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is very important. Thank you for the instructions as well

[Master] you will want to use a good cloth

[Master] the rest of the afternoon is spent wandering the garden

[Master] then returning inside to see that the main hall has been swept clean

[Master] a large table pulled from the side wall

[Master] and two chairs set at one end

[Master] with benches along the sides of the table

[Master] Time of Day: 06:13 PM. Day 11 Trall ___ tre, Lec {Early Summer} 11th, 342 SKR.

[Master] the steward indicates that Branwyn is to take the one seat next to Lord Kilt

[Master] then the rest are to sit on the benches

Lord Kilt (Master) comes into the room

[Lord Kilt (Master)] WELCOME

[Lord Kilt (Master)] moves to sit in his chair

[Lord Kilt (Master)] then gestures for the rest to sit

Branwyn (Lisa) bows again and then takes her seat

Heckat (Tasha) i sit

[Lord Kilt (Master)] did you have a good day?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] get some nice needlework done?

Heckat (Tasha) bridle

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well, I did not do any sewing, but we did see your dye works.

[Lord Kilt (Master)] very good

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Steward will see that you get what you need

[Lord Kilt (Master)] allways glad to help Mistress Mosskin

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is a fine operation and we chose some beautiful colors to use for dresses

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And do hope to see her soon. You have met her yourself?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] blinks

[Lord Kilt (Master)] looks at Branwyn

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Aren't you Mistress Mosskin? I thought Steward introduced you as

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am sorry Miss, there must be some confusion,

Branwyn (Lisa) blushes deeply

[Branwyn (Lisa)] no no I am Branwyn the court mage for Lord Mosskin

[Lord Kilt (Master)] starts

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Court Mage?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am not his daughter

[Lord Kilt (Master)] daughter?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] confused

[Lord Kilt (Master)] you are his mage but not his daughter?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Correct

[Lord Kilt (Master)] who is he?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lord Mosskin?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Earl Mosskin last I heard she was about 60 years old?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am not always aware of the latest court news, we do miss things here

[Lord Kilt (Master)] especially from the North

[Lord Kilt (Master)] who is the new Earl/

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am talking about Arahael Mosskin, Lord of the Jistelle Estates

[Lord Kilt (Master)] OH

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Laughs,

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am sure you think we are simple country bumpkins then

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not at all

[Lord Kilt (Master)] to mistakes Jistelle Estates for Mosskin Estates,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Who would have thought there could be so very many Mosskins in the world

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I do hope I can repair your impression of us

[Heckat (Tasha)] Tell me sir, do you know if there is a family connection between the two?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It confuses me at times and my impression of you is most favorable as it was when we met

[Lord Kilt (Master)] what brings you this far south? coming for the Assumption Cermony?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You are most kind

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Bob you are so evil)

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Oh I am not up on the latest of the family trees, no much need for them out this way, but I am certain that there must be some family connection between the Jistille Estates and the Mosskin Estates,

[Lord Kilt (Master)] (why thank you)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (every time you turn around there's another mosskin)

[Lord Kilt (Master)] (she was the Dowager Queen for 60 years?)

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am glad that you chose to visit us here

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes we will be going to the ceremony, I assume you will be there?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] and that we are able to provide you with what you need

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I do hope you will tell those who provided such finery for you

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am hopeful to go, it will depend on teh weather of course,

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "It would be my pleasure"

[Lord Kilt (Master)] too much rain would ruin the crops,

[Lord Kilt (Master)] hate to be away if there is anything that I can do

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hard to do anything about rain. We shall hope that you do not get too much.

[Lord Kilt (Master)] you are a mage!

[Lord Kilt (Master)] You can help with the rain!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But surely you are interested in going. This sort of an event doesn't happen every day

[Lord Kilt (Master)] that is why they have Court Mages right?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] maybe I should look into getting one

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs "Some do. Most definitely. But weather is not exactly my forte."

[Lord Kilt (Master)] that would show people we are a house to be reconded with

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I should check with our priests later and see if there is something they may do.

[Heckat (Tasha)] we had been told to look out for a citadel not far from here. could you tell us of it? Perhaps some news from there before we attempt the journey?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] Oh Count Vilmar's citadel is hard to miss

[Lord Kilt (Master)] all the roads lead there

[Lord Kilt (Master)] it is a full days journey east of here, not many go that far

[Lord Kilt (Master)] but if you come from the far north that will be nothing to you

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I am not sure of any news, there will be somethign at the church

[Branwyn (Lisa)] When was the last time you were there?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] there always seems to be somethign witht he church, askign for money for this, alms for that

[Lord Kilt (Master)] oh I have been there once

[Lord Kilt (Master)] when I was invested here with the manor and its lands

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The church at the citadel is always asking for money?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] the Count was most gracious

[Lord Kilt (Master)] don't all priests always ask for money/

[Lord Kilt (Master)] you would think they eat it or something

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs. "They do seem rather fond of their donations"

[Heckat (Tasha)] Are the villagers so poor then?

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I would guess some villagers are poor, if they do not have a good trade

[Lord Kilt (Master)] my people earn a good living I protect them from the beasts of the field

[Lord Kilt (Master)] just the other day we had a group of gypsies I chased off of the lands

[Lord Kilt (Master)] and I shot a wolf

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I couldn't find the body afterwards, was a bit strange

[Lord Kilt (Master)] and after that woodsman was shot too,

[Lord Kilt (Master)] shrugs, well

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I have kept you ladies waiting long enough

[Lord Kilt (Master)] I will leave you to your rooms, good evening,

[Master] and Lord Kilt exits the hall through the front doors

[Steward (Master)] steps up to Bran

[Steward (Master)] You have the master's chambers

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The master's chambers?

[Steward (Master)] your associates may stay with you there, or here in the hall

[Steward (Master)] it is the most appropriate room for a lady

[Branwyn (Lisa)] My friends will stay with me.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But where will Lord Kilt go?

[Heckat (Tasha)] thank you m'lady ;P

[Steward (Master)] He will take my chambers

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We do not mean to put you out so.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lord Kilt has never married?

[Steward (Master)] it is what is expected when we have noble guests

[Steward (Master)] no, he has not listened to wise council and taken a wife yet,

[Steward (Master)] he is getting older, needs to think about an heir, he is almost 22 now

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Perhaps is he is convnved to go to the ceremony a young lady will capture his heart

[Heckat (Tasha)] how is it a man so young has been granted such estates?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (convinced)

[Steward (Master)] Lord Kilt has proven to be very adept at keeping his lands producing

[Steward (Master)] Count Vilmar rewarded him when he exceeded his due taxes three seasons in a row

[Heckat (Tasha)] Who was the Lord before him?

[Steward (Master)] Sir Yelm

[Steward (Master)] he was executed for failing to pay his taxes on time

[Steward (Master)] I was happy to serve Lord Kilt

[Heckat (Tasha)] And you do him credit.

[Steward (Master)] thank you miss

[Steward (Master)] takes you to the master's chambers

[Steward (Master)] hands you the key so you can lock your selves in

[Steward (Master)] bids you good night

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He's never going to find a wife with that kind of attitude

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But he seems a good man nonetheless

[Heckat (Tasha)] Too bad he has no one around to help dsipell him of some of his ideas

[Branwyn (Lisa)] True. But I'm not volunteering!

[Heckat (Tasha)] :)

Branwyn (Lisa) looks around the chambers

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (picture big boar head over the bed)

[Master] solid bed, large clothes armoir

[Master] no, a shield and sword

[Heckat (Tasha)] do we recognize the insignia?

[Master] very simple no decorations other than that

[Master] no, you can guess is is his,

[Master] a simple checkerboard pattern of green and blue and yellow

[Master] it is obvious that no woman has been in here in years other than to clean

[Master] it is clean, no obvious vermin

[Heckat (Tasha)] good. wasn't looking forward to flea bites

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We need to make an early start in the morning. I guess we should get some rest

[Heckat (Tasha)] (fireplace?)

[Master] and CUT

[Master] yes to fireplace

[Master] no it is not lit

[Master] no window,

[Master] a single candle to light the room

[Master] sleep the night and in the morning get moving along?

[Master] pick up with morning next week?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] yes please

[Heckat (Tasha)] ok for me

[Master] grins,

[Master] think you can be here Tasha?

[Heckat (Tasha)] I'll try

[Lisa] so will marco be at your house next week?

[Master] no clue

[Master] he did not say he would be

[Lisa] Hope so Tasha! Nice to meet you. And hope more people will be here next week

[Heckat (Tasha)] Thanks for the welcome! It was fun! Nice meeting you too

[Lisa] will let you go and I will grab dinner

[Lisa] goodnight!

[Heckat (Tasha)] NIght

Lisa has left the game on Fri Apr 27 22:48:42 EDT 2012

[Tasha] Heckat targets QuiFon Ruminel. Distance: 12'11"

[Heckat (Tasha)] Heckat: Initiative: (d10+10+) [1d10=1] 11

[Heckat (Tasha)] Heckat: Attack: Dagger/Dirk, hurled: (18-(d20)-2) [1d20=6] 10 [MODIFIED BY RANGE INCREMENT (-2)]. HITS QuiFon Ruminel (AC FINAL: 10)!!!

[Heckat (Tasha)] Heckat: Damage v SM: Dagger/Dirk, hurled: (1d4) [1d4=3] 3 added to: QuiFon Ruminel

[Heckat (Tasha)] Heckat casts a spell against QuiFon Ruminel: Scare: Creatures who are of 6 hit dice or less fall to the ground in fear. Elves, half-elves and priests are allowed a save.

[Master] QuiFon Ruminel's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 18 (-3) - Lightly Wounded

[Heckat (Tasha)] Heckat casts a spell against QuiFon Ruminel: Wizard Lock: The door is permanently locked. NOTE: Not available.

[Tasha] Heckat no longer targets QuiFon Ruminel.

[Master] QuiFon Ruminel's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 21 (3) - Unharmed

Tasha has left the game on Fri Apr 27 23:02:16 EDT 2012