View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / 20181130

Chat Log - 2018 11 30 - Wedding Crashers- (Formatted)

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Nov 30 17:44:34 EST 2018 ====

[Master] Thistle, Hugh D'Ambray, Mara, [Marisu]], Branwyn, Snezana and [Hoffman]] moved 52'06".

[Master] Thistle, Hugh D'Ambray, Mara, [Marisu]], Branwyn, Snezana and [Hoffman]] moved 73'06".

[Master] Count Drake moved 70'09".

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 18:01:08 EST 2018

Lisa is receiving the map ground floor...

Lisa has received the map ground floor.

[Master] Nyrma told me to turn down the fireplace video, it made her think the house was burning down

[Master] and Lisa that conversation we were having the other day about housing costs, it is featured this week on Make Me Smart

[Master] https://www.marketplace.org/topics/make-me-smart

[Master] Episode 92

[Master] listening now

[Lisa] lol about the fireplace!!

[Master] yeah

[Lisa] is it about what is happening in LA or just in general?

[Master] overall I think just started listening

[Master] but they mentioned LA and Oakland and markets that are having issues

[Master] first example is suburbs of Boston

[Lisa] will be back in a bit since no one is here

[Master] nods

[Master] will text if you are needed right away

JohnAA has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 19:02:45 EST 2018

JohnAA is receiving the map ground floor...

JohnAA has received the map ground floor.

[Master] Hello John

[JohnAA] Hello Bob and Lisa

[Master] how have you been John

[JohnAA] not too bad, yourself?

[Master] life is ok

[Master] I feel like work is going well

[Master] home is good

[Master] and the game is at that weird part for me where the story arcs are wrapping up with things that I planned months ago and I am like yeah yeah yeah let's get through this final twist

[Master] but overall I think that things are good

[JohnAA] I'm a little uncomforatble with the fact Laura let the kids know and open one of the main xmas gifts, I know Im not big on holidays, but this is a bit much

[Master] yeah that seems a bit off

[Master] no reason to open anything yet, that is just not wanting to wait to spring the surprise

[JohnAA] it wasn't going to be a surprize, so hard to know what anyone wants anymore

[JohnAA] but still

[Master] why not a surprse?

[JohnAA] there was a discussion, it is a family kind of gift

[Master] ok

[JohnAA] it's kind of funny, I feel the same way about this adventure as the castle adventure, How do we know when we are done?

[Master] when you decide to be done

Carissa has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 19:12:37 EST 2018

Carissa is receiving the map ground floor...

Carissa has received the map ground floor.

[JohnAA] Why Hello Carissa

[Master] Hello there

[Carissa] Hello! Not sure if it was kLoOge or the computer that hated me.

[Master] when?

[JohnAA] testing you, not hating you

[Carissa] Just now. Been trying to get one since right before 7

[Carissa] Pfft :P

[Master] it was that last week there were java errors so you needed to restart KloOge totally

[Master] at least once

[Carissa] Hmm, well on now one way or another

[Master] so I did plug speakers in

[Lisa] Hi John & Carissa! :)

[JohnAA] did you see, we can go home now

[Carissa] Hi Lisa!

[Master] because a windows update apparently has knocked out the HDMI cable from transmitting sound to the built in speakers of the monitor

[Master] and chuckles at John

[Master] Just convince your mages that they should leave before plundering the mage library they just found out about

[JohnAA] that just seems wrong

[JohnAA] this is not a heist adventure is it?

[Master] what kind of adventure is it?

[JohnAA] Dreammy

[Lisa] lol was what I was just thinking!

[Carissa] lolo

[Lisa] thing we need to decide is do we jump the wall and party split or wait for another dream and see what happens

[JohnAA] we spend a lot of timing trying not to piss off vampires and now we want to rob one?

[Lisa] I'm not going to rob one

[Lisa] just kidding

[JohnAA] just photocopy?

[Carissa] Not rob. Save. And then look at his book for a reward.

[Master] I will offer that dream spells are one of the rarest things for magic users, as you have never heard of them prior to now except once long ago out of character (back in 2008)

[Carissa] Magi-copy.

[Lisa] do want to wake one though

[JohnAA] wake a vampire, not really, though I appreciate some of the reasons

[Lisa] marisu has the copy spell so she could copy an entire book instantly

[Lisa] but spells are shorter

[Lisa] so if we find a spell that is 5 pp can't we just copy it if we have read it?

[JohnAA] i imaginge having more vampire friends than vampire enemies is a good thing

[Lisa] It would take the time it would take to handwrite 5 pp worth of stuff, right?

TMO has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 19:21:37 EST 2018

TMO is receiving the map ground floor...

TMO has received the map ground floor.

[Lisa] Hi TMO :)

[Carissa] Just a day or ten.

TMO is receiving the map second level and attics...

TMO has received the map second level and attics.

[Carissa] Hi TMO!

[TMO] hola

[JohnAA] Hello

[TMO] bit of a rough afternoon, so I'm going to have to try and force the right mood tonight. :biggrin:

[JohnAA] oh and it does seem like by making one vampire our friend, we make another an enemy, so not much gain on my math

[JohnAA] and did we realy go from Crashers to welcome guests, stay as long as you like

[TMO] but we know Richard's a dick. Etienne might not be. :)

[JohnAA] like our count friend, real stand up vamp

[TMO] and Etienne's mama will owe us a bit of a debt, even if Etienne doesn't

[JohnAA] do we have a plan other than wait for a dream and copy books?

[TMO] Not. Die.

[Carissa] Unless Richard kills her

[JohnAA] that is a to do

[Lisa] we can split the party and jump the wall

[Carissa] Uhh we're not good at following that plan apparently.

[JohnAA] did anyone look at Mara's spells?

[TMO] should we?

[JohnAA] she is a hechperson, probably not 3rd level spells

[JohnAA] I was thiinking Etheralness would be nice

[Lisa] she has lvl 1-2 spells

[JohnAA] yea, sorry

[Carissa] Can do etheralness in Mist. I believe Neith tried and couldn't

[Carissa] *can't

[Master] correct

[TMO] Strenth of Stone is a nice buff for our strongmen

[JohnAA] and we aways wake where we fell asleep?

Carissa is receiving the map second level and attics...

Carissa has received the map second level and attics.

[Master] no you wake up where you are when the dream ends

[Carissa] Hint hint?

[JohnAA] so that is option B for getting into the room together

[Carissa] Although then you'd need Dimension Door to leave...

[TMO] but not getting out after

[JohnAA] or another dream

[Carissa] Unless the secret to getting out is inside?

[JohnAA] that too

[JohnAA] if he has been missing for years,I find it hard to believe he is not in his room

[Carissa] Agreed. Sounds near impossible to get into for others except Dreamers or Dimension Door Mages.

[Lisa] unless the dream pulls us in the secret lab we need a party split to get in

[TMO] or the walls werent there in the past

[Lisa] even in a dream the spell rules would apply

[Lisa] if the walls weren't would the lab be?

[TMO] also a good question

[Lisa] this is all just guessing

[TMO] yupyup

[Lisa] we won't know until it happens

[Carissa] Feel like we should wait a few hours to see if we Dream before breaking in.

[Lisa] so we just need to decide to wait or push it

[Lisa] Branwyn would push it

[Lisa] surprise surprise

[Carissa] Surprise :)

[Lisa] lol

[TMO] I decided it would be safe for Marisu to prepare the copying spells since none of her other spells would be at all useful except in tiny ways.

[Carissa] How long does it take to copy?

[Lisa] we need to get paper

[Carissa] I guess that's important, too....

[TMO] 1 round

[TMO] copying spells is trickier, but that's why she took Read Magic in one slot

[Lisa] and if we are wandering around I could do an herbalism check to see if we can find anything in the garden that would be known to enhance dreams

[Lisa] unless there are other ideas for waiting for dreams

[Lisa] I am completely open to suggestion

[Carissa] Those were my only two thoughts

[JohnAA] spicy food

[Carissa] Mainly think those two book important to copy before someone may or may try to take them back.

[Carissa] And herbs if we're going to try to kill a little time.

[TMO] this is how she's done her spellbooks so far. But she is picky about what spells she takes. Doesn't want to fill up her scrolls with spells she won't be likely to use. Also, I don't want a mini-Branwyn, with all the same spells as her. :) That tends to be a problem in a group with multiple spellcasters, they all copy from each other and wind up with identical capabilities.

mharm-15549 has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 19:38:00 EST 2018

mharm-15549 is receiving the map ground floor...

mharm-15549 has received the map ground floor.

[mharm-15549] I'm physically here, but mentally kind of sort of. Let us begin

mharm-15549 Smile

[JohnAA] Hello

[JohnAA] understood TMO

[Carissa] Hi Michael!

[Lisa] Hi Michael

[Carissa] And good idea TMO. Different spells/variety is very good :)

[Lisa] Why I posted IC that Marisu should find something she likes

[Lisa] I always try to push the magic users to train from anyone other than me

[Lisa] it is hard

Hoffman (JohnAA)] So you want me to go look for paper?

[TMO] The "How to Cure Lycanthropy" is a good start for her. ;) She still has a sister out there, and maybe a Hold infested with werewolves.

[Lisa] I don't want any mages knowing branwyn spells in a perfect world

[Lisa] Branwyn has to baby Howard since his INT sucks

[Lisa] but there is no excuse for Marisu or Miranda to get their own spells

[TMO] assuming the book isn't just fluff and nonsense

[TMO] access is the main problem.

[Lisa] Dryads Lair had a guild

[Lisa] Loosend has a guild

[Lisa] Rivers Bend has an academy and probably a guild

[Lisa] Branwyn's first master has a school in rivers bend

[Lisa] plenty of places to get creative :)

[TMO] Dryads Lair she definitely had time to do that. I just never remembered to bring it up

[TMO] the others, don't often have time.

[TMO] but I will try to remember to push that side more

Hoffman (JohnAA)] money is also an issue

[Lisa] you just have to be willing to take your characters out for a while

[Lisa] bran didn't go on the unicorn/were adventures while she was learning teleport

[Lisa] mages are hard

[JohnAA] i know from experience

[Lisa] yup

[JohnAA] we have someone we can ask for paper or do we need to hide why we need paper?

[TMO] Marisu can try to be persuasive

[Lisa] we need a couple books worth of paper

[Lisa] serious tree kill

[TMO] there may have been blanks in that library we were just in

[TMO] depends on how thick these books are

[TMO] How about it BOB? Pamphlets or Tomes?

[Master] a mixture

[Lisa] the 2 we took which are those?

[Master] it does cover a couple hundred years

[Master] both are full books

[Lisa] 100 pp then?

[Master] 50 to 100 yes

[TMO] k

Lisa cantrips a pair of pliers so she can start pulling teeth

[Master] LOL

[TMO (to GM only)] Character sheet for [Marisu]] modified: Spells - CHANGED: Copy -- # Memorized: 2 (1),

[TMO] Marisu somehow lost a Copy spell memorized

[Master] the book is full, no empty pages, but that does not mean that the author wrote 100 even

[TMO] I put it back, I know we haven't used it yet

[Master] yes

[TMO] HE WROTE REAL BIG

[Lisa] lol

[Master] the implict bias of the system that the book on Therianthropes had to be written by a man...

[Lisa] but if your spell works on however many spells - you should gather them and do it all at once

[TMO] I assumed it was Simon. Think he was a guy

[Lisa] unless you memorized it many times

[Master] grins,

[Master] he was a guy but it was from the family library

[TMO] it's one spell for each spell copied

[TMO] iirc. one book or treatise, or one spell

[Lisa] only works on spells?

[Lisa] ok

[Master] it is particuarly used for making quick copies of treaties

[TMO] Copy enables the caster to make a perfect copy of a map, letter, or any other written or drawn document. The caster must have a blank parchment or a book with blank pages of sufficient size to hold the copy.

[Master] makes sure everyone has a copy of the peace accord before anyone can break it

[TMO] it's actually a bit vague about spells

[TMO] Copy can also be used to copy spells from a new spell book into the caster's spell book, assuming the caster's spell book is of sufficient size to contain the new spells. The caster must first roll to see if he can learn the new spells; if so, he can cast copy to instantly copy them into his spell book.

[TMO] 1 spell per casting, or all spells from a book?

[Master] Copy allows you to copy the spell over to your own book into the same number of blank pages

[Master] 1 new spell per casting

[Lisa] but it looks like you have to roll to learn it first

[TMO] k, that's the way I remembered it. iirc, we also had Marisu roll the size of the spell in her book, but I may be misremembering that.

[TMO] That's what Read Magic was for

[Master] but multiple casts with the roll to learn works going from one book into another

[Master] yes to when she added a spell to her spell scrolls she rolled a number of pages

[Lisa] can you copy the text of a spell onto a parchment without learning it?

[TMO] for later study? I don't know if I'd read the spell that way

[Lisa] copying it means nothing other than you have the text on a piece of paper

[Master] read magic allows you to know what spell it is, then you make your roll to Know Spell and if sucessful then you can Copy that spell into her book virtually instanteously instead of spending days

[mharm-15549] That actually sounds pretty nifty

[Master] Copy works to transfer any written text into another holder of text

[mharm-15549] (Not sure the context, but just from what i've seen so far)

[Lisa] so you cannot copy a spell unless you can learn it

[Lisa] on a piece of scratch paper

[Master] and yes to Lisa that is the caveat for spells

[Lisa] not a spell book

[mharm-15549] Oh

[mharm-15549] (Maybe not so good? I would prefer to do it for spells :) )

[Lisa] so if branwyn wants a spell she will have to steal it

[Master] can be a piece of parchment, a book a scroll etc

[TMO] it is useful, but not OP

[mharm-15549] (You could ask fi you could have it)

[TMO] how long does it take to Know a Spell if you're able?

[Master] i turn, 10 rounds

[TMO] does that translate to 1 hour? Or 10 minutes?

[Master] 10 minutes

[TMO] much better

[Lisa] it is the writing that takes time

[TMO] :)

[TMO] aye, and this shortcuts that

[Lisa] yes

[Master] Spring is 7% into a windows update

[Master] PLayers only love you when they're playing

[TMO] ??

[Lisa] no I love Spring even when she isn't quite playing yet

[Master] grins

[JohnAA] so to the library

[Carissa] Always with the song quotes

[Master] from Spring Hahaha!

[Lisa] :)

[TMO] do we want to task Petit-Singe withi his quest first?

[Lisa] think that would be good tmo

[Master] What is your Quest

[TMO] Lisa, what's Bran's title again? Life-Giver?

[Lisa] only to Drake

[mharm-15549] What...Is your favorite Color!

[Lisa] unless he's been talking about me

[Lisa] but yes

[Master] carissa from Spring : Thunder also can happen without rain so there

[Carissa] Haha

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

TMO puts on his dress and wig

[Marisu]] (TMO) puts the book on top of her gear for later.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] you know I can carry that if you want to keep it close

[Marisu]] (TMO) tilts her head with thought. "Thank you, Hoffman. I'd like that. It's safer with you rather than just left here."

[Marisu]] (TMO) hands him the book.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I sthere anymore soup?

Branwyn (Lisa) takes her own spellbook in case she decides to enter the summoning room before another nap sets in

Hoffman (JohnAA)] do i look smarter yet?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I will ask someone to bring you some.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is a good sign! You must be feeling better

Marisu (TMO)] You always do, Hoffman.

Marisu (TMO)] I will ask Petit-Singe for more soup.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Because I

Anastacia Eustace (Master) coughs

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I am just so tired

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I do appologize Branwyn

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I should be there with you

Ryan has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 20:05:01 EST 2018

Ryan is receiving the map ground floor...

Marisu (TMO)] (but that would be too easy)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I watched Richard fencing

Ryan has received the map ground floor.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No need to apologize

[Branwyn (Lisa)] is he any good?

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (hello Ryan)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] look out for his right feignt he goes low and then pauses before going up

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hi Ryan!)

[Ryan] (hello all)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] you can stomp on his wrist if you time it right

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hope it won't come to that.

[Marisu]] (TMO) moves to the door and pauses.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] (Ryan you are there as listening to people debate things)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Just have Hoffman fight him

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But thank you. That clarifies where Richard's capabilities lie

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] He is better with a dagger than you are

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That isn't saying much!

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Hoffman fought werewolves and won at least twice that I remember from Indigo's storeis

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] hope he does not get bit the third time

Marisu (TMO)] I believe we still have some wolfsbane somewhere in our packs.

Marisu (TMO)] Shurkural picked us up some once.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] i don't think we are going to fight

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You need to rest Anastacia. Richard is a vampire and not a werewolf, remember you said that?

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Too bad she is not here, she knows how to deal with a were

Hoffman (JohnAA)] certainly not fence

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] really?

[Carissa] (Whoops making dinner belated hello to Ryan)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Count Drake said that as well

[Ryan] I am back at the keyboard.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] then who is the werewolf we saw?

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (hello)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Dame Camille is a werewolf

Anastacia Eustace (Master) blinks

Marisu (TMO)] (when did we see a werewolf?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not sure who else

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (there a wolf)

Marisu (TMO)] (what did I miss and how did I miss it?)

Marisu (TMO)] (athough it has been a Hell Week for me)

Anastacia Eustace (Master) deep sigh

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] just leave without leaving me

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we didn't see her change - this is my theory)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I can make it out if we need to

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] just let me know

Marisu (TMO)] One moment, I'll be right back.

[Carissa] (Missed that too but no surprise I missed it)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we heard that there are weres and richard wants to kill them)

[Marisu]] (TMO) goes out the door.

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks around for the servant or Petit-Singe.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (camille pretends to be senile saying Richard would kill her if he thought she remembered)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I took it as she is a were)

Marisu (TMO)] (but weres don't need protection from the Mist from the sun)

[Master] Mara moved 22'03".

[Master] Mara targets Ariette. Distance: 3'03"

[Master] Mara moved 36'07".

[Master] Mara no longer targets Ariette.

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 16'02".

[Master] [Marisu]] targets Ariette. Distance: 2'06"

Marisu (TMO)] (is this the same maid who warned us last time?)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] (yes)

Marisu (TMO)] Excuse me, we are in need of a few things. Are you able to fulfill requests?

Marisu (TMO)] (sorry for the phrasing. nothing better came to mind)

[Ariette (Master)] That is why I am spying on you

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods. "And what have you discovered? Any plots you are going to have to report?"

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (honest and upfront)

[Ariette (Master)] You are about to break into Richard's rooms and steal his books

[Ariette (Master)] and if you do that it will hurt him

[Ariette (Master)] so no nothing to report yet

[Carissa] I am away from the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (did we all hear that?)

[Ariette (Master)] (no)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (cuz she is crazy)

[Marisu]] (TMO) chuckles. "Well, I'm pleased to hear that. We need a few things, if you can. The Princess needs more soup for her illness. Preferably non-poisoned if you can find some. I need her alive for a while longer. And if you know where we can obtain some blank books, or ask Petit-Singe to come to us when he has a moment."

[Ariette (Master)] I can bring both to you, it will take an hour or so, Charles has some books I can bring to you

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles sweetly at her. "Thank you, very much."

Ariette (Master) curtsies adn leaves

Marisu (TMO)] What is your name?

[Master] down the hall and does not answer

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (Can't you read)

Marisu (TMO)] (nope)

[Carissa] I am back at the keyboard.

[Marisu]] (TMO) goes back into the room.

[Master] and Ryan you are in the room because Hoffman kept you around in sight of him,

Marisu (TMO)] Soup and books are hopefully on their way.

[Master] but you are confused about what the hell is happening

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (okay, I am refreshing on the summaries)

[Master] and have questions, feel free to ask away

Marisu (TMO)] (hey! what a coincidence!! so are we!)

Marisu (TMO)] (although compared to some of our other adventures, we're reasonably on top of the situation I think)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (i did? where is the gyspy girl, she is who I was suposed to kep an eye on)

Marisu (TMO)] (you tied them both up together in a blanket)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (truuu Wuv)

Marisu (TMO)] (maybe it'll be love)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (I'm tied to a gypsy girl?)

[Master] no

Marisu (TMO)] (there are worse fates)

[Carissa] (Don't say that TMO. You'll jinx us)

[Carissa] (The being on top of things comment)

Marisu (TMO)] (I've already used up my jinx for the day)

[Master] not the gypsy girl being on top of Brandon Cowles

[Carissa] (Uhhh she's 12??)

[Carissa] (Unless she's wrestling. She'd win)

[Master] grins

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Whoa, wait, what?)

Marisu (TMO)] (whatever you do, NEVER pause partway through the day and reflect that it really hasn't been as bad as you were afraid it would be. Karma will come in and wreck your shit)

[Master] LOL just confusing you Ryan

[Master] you are both just standing there talking

[Carissa] (HA ok ok gotta get into Thistle mindset)

[Carissa] (Eh, that was Monday. Screwed me the rest of the week so yeah, I understand :) )

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 15'00".

[Master] [Marisu]] no longer targets Ariette.

Marisu (TMO)] (I'm due for a chewing out on Monday. ;) )

Thistle (Carissa) taps Hoffman's shoulder, "Were you looking for me?"

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Ouch at least I don't have that waiting for me)

[Thistle (Carissa)] I thought we were playing Hide and Seek.

[Master] (got that today, was told, I know you were doing the right thing but you did it to the wrong person)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] With him

[Thistle (Carissa)] You're not good at seeking.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) point to Cowel boy

Hoffman (JohnAA)] I am not good at games

[Thistle (Carissa)] He's not good at hiding.

[Thistle (Carissa)] You're both really bad at this

Hoffman (JohnAA)] your suposed to hide, no wait, not your just suposed to think of something and he is gona guess

Hoffman (JohnAA)] no hiding

[Thistle (Carissa)] Boringggg

[Master] If your head is not spinning Ryan you have not been paying attention

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (Life is but a dream)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Or you have been. You're head will spin no matter what)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Are we going to the garden? I want to see the garden.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Oh, good, I was going to see a chriopractor)

Spring has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 20:26:11 EST 2018

Spring is receiving the map ground floor...

[Thistle (Carissa)] I bet there are good polaces to hide there.

Spring has received the map ground floor.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (hello)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hi Spring!)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (Hello Spring)

Marisu (TMO)] So do we want to try and force a Dream, or explore more?

Marisu (TMO)] (hi)

[Spring] made it!!

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Woo! Hi Spring)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Mr Cowels sir, do you enjoy a challange?

Spring is receiving the map second level and attics...

Spring has received the map second level and attics.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] A challenge? I suppose I am up for a wager or two.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] *grins

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (oops)

[Snezana (Spring)] (we are all crammed into a single bedroom? LOL!)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (you missed the part where I was wrestling a pre-teen that I was tied to)

Marisu (TMO)] (a pretty big room though)

[Snezana (Spring)] (oh well that's okay then)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (It was been eventful, and I have only been here for 30 minutes)

Marisu (TMO)] (and we were talking. there was nothing untoward going on)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Mr Cowel, see if you can keep Thistle here safe in the garden and do not lose her

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] ah... well... I see...

Thistle (Carissa) snickers

[Thistle (Carissa)] This'll be easy. He keeps a better eye on them.

Thistle (Carissa) nods towards Marisu and Mara

Hoffman (JohnAA)] the best way to impress a woman, is to take care of a girl

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Well, Lady Thistle, I shall render unto you the best of care.

Marisu (TMO)] (that's called wife husbandry)

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (hee hee)

Thistle (Carissa) rolls eyes

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

Marisu (TMO)] (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WifeHusbandry)

[Master] ( that is called a Hallmark Christmas Movie)

[Thistle (Carissa) (to Master only)] Does Thistle know how to get to the garden?

[Master (to Carissa only)] no

[Snezana (Spring)] (i feel sorry for the moderately successful urban boyfriend who loses out)

[Thistle (Carissa) (to Master only)] Haha we'll uh we'll see how this goes

[Thistle (Carissa)] Fine. Then catch me if you can!

Thistle (Carissa) runs out the door

Marisu (TMO)] (aka the shows my wife has 2 dozen of which recorded in the DVR at any one time)

[Snezana (Spring)] (while the handsome small-town handyman with the plucky chicld teaches the high-powered executive woman the maning of christmas)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (wow)

[Thistle (Carissa) (to Master only)] She's going to attempt to go to the garden

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) (to Spring only)] how do you do actions again?

[Snezana (Spring)] (freudian slip. meaning)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (i like the first version better)

[Snezana (Spring) (to Ryan only)] you use the forward slash and then me

Hoffman (JohnAA)] excuse me Mr Cowel

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Agreed)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) gives a panicked look at the group, then runs after Thistle

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Lady Thistle, please wait!

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) waves

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) (to Spring only)] thank you

Hoffman (JohnAA)] OK, now that the kids are out

[Master] Thistle moved 79'03".

[Master] Thistle can go right or left

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Oooh choose my own adventure? Right)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol)

[Master] Thistle moved 50'05".

Marisu (TMO)] (turn to page 83)

[Master] right or left

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Probably should have zoomed out. Oops uhh now left)

[Master] Thistle moved 109'10".

[Master] down the stairs or straight?

Marisu (TMO)] (you are eaten by a dragon. Go to page 1)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Down!)

[Master] Ryan

[Thistle (Carissa)] (P.S. She was attempting to run to the gardens mentioned earlier....don't think she knows where she's going)

[Master] Brandon knows that there is a set of gardens in the center of the manor

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Yes?)

[Master] BUT the Living Gardens are out side of the manor in the open area beween the wall

[Master] Do you want to follow Thistle? or head for the nearest exit of the manor?

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) tries to keep Thisle in sight. He doesn't think she knowswhere she is going, but hopes he can outpace her. How long can she run, anyways?

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (the typos :( )

Marisu (TMO)] (meh, whatever)

[Snezana (Spring)] (you get used to the typos)

[Snezana (Spring)] (we are all hideously infected with them)

[Master] Carissa you are at the bottom of the stairs, go right back to the middle or to the left to the way you came in?

Marisu (TMO)] (my keyboard drops the L key a lot)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Middle)

[Snezana (Spring)] (it's hard to use Slack at work all week when i can edit them out and then not be able to, but it doesn't really matter)

Marisu (TMO)] (fix 'em on the website)

[Master] Thistle moved 66'09".

[Master] Door on right? Door on left or door straight ahead? for Carissa?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Left)

[Master] HAH just give Lisa more work,

[Master] Thistle moved 32'01".

[Master] Brandon makes it to the first floor and looks around

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Trying not to look so it'l be a surprise)

[Master] no one in the hallway

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) sighs, covering his face in his hands.

[Master] the extit out is behind you (north on the map)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Lady Thistle?

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Hello?

[Master] This huge room is the mansion's kitchen. Against the north wall is a fireplace large enough to cook three oxen spitted nose to tail; in addition, many of the numerous oaken tables set up throughout the room have wood-burning stoves attached to them. Flues rising from the stoves vent as much smoke as possible into the top of the fireplace. Around the room are many large wooden storage boxes containing produce brought daily from the surrounding farms, grain, and other food. The kitchen has its own outside door on the north wall, to allow for these deliveries; this back door can be barred (in times of emergency) but is usually left open for easy access to the nearby well. Dozens of cooks can work here at once, more than are normally on duty in the mansion; for large feasts (like the banquet described in the adventure), the family hires the services of cooks from the nearby village and outlying communities. Over them all is Anatoile the Chef, whose word is law here.

[Master] for Carissa

[ANatoile (Master)] YOU GIRL!!!!

[ANatoile (Master)] WHy are you late!!!!

[ANatoile (Master)] Take this tea

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh. Hello! Is it lunch yet?

[ANatoile (Master)] NOW

[ANatoile (Master)] where is your apron?

[ANatoile (Master)] Never mind

[ANatoile (Master)] the Mistress will punish you

Thistle (Carissa) shrugs

[mharm-15549] (I picture Gordan Ramsay)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Can't be worse than grandma.

[ANatoile (Master)] take this tea to the guests on the east wing north wide

[ANatoile (Master)] side

[Thistle (Carissa)] (What are you? An idiot sandwich!)

[ANatoile (Master)] GO

[Thistle (Carissa)] Ok ok!

Thistle (Carissa) mumbles, "Worse than grandma."

[Master] Thistle moved 31'05".

[mharm-15549] (Yeah Carissa! GO. ITS TEA TIME!!!)

[ANatoile (Master)] Brandon is standing in the hallway when Thistle is thrust out of a foor with a tray of cups and a teapot

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Fore! Wait sorry wrong T-Time)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) blinks slowly.

[Snezana (Spring)] (hahaha!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Nobody?

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Lol

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Not the foor!)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Tea? That is... very kind, Lady Thisle. Shall we continue to the gardens, then?

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (I knew he ment door)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] We can enjoy the tea more easily there.

[Thistle (Carissa)] It's not for YOU. It's for the guests in the, um, north east west wing.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] North-east-west wing? I-I see......

[Thistle (Carissa)] East north wing? West of here?

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Did someone ask you to deliver the tea? Perhaps they could clarify the matter.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) waiting for praise for dealing with kids

[Thistle (Carissa)] No no no no. She wasn't nice. I think it involves north and east.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (You should just not deliver it and see who's head explodes ;) )

[Thistle (Carissa)] Wherever guests are.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) visibly resists the urge to scratch his head.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Where are the guests?

[Thistle (Carissa)] This is boring. Branwyn likes tea. We should just bring it back to her.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] But, there are guests throughout the castle.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] That may be best.

Thistle (Carissa) glances at the tray debating tossing it

[Master] p(LOL with Miachel)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh! I bet I can do a fun trick. Here, hold the tray.

Thistle (Carissa) pushes the tray into Cowles' hands.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) takes the tray, but eyes her suspiciously

Thistle (Carissa) grabs one of the cups and...

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: Tumbling check: (d20) [1d20=15] 15 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

Thistle (Carissa) tosses it up, somersaults, and catches it.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Ta-Da!

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) claps excitedly despite himself.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (what, no to hit, er to catch)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) coughs, regains his composure.

[Master] and Brandon DROPS the tray with the other cups and tea pot

[Master] SMASH

[Thistle (Carissa)] (HA was about to ask)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (lol)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (saw that from a mile a way)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) looks at the spilled tray

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh well. Whoever it was doesn't need tea anyways.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Perhaps we should leave.

[Thistle (Carissa)] But you should be more graceful.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] I shall take that lesson to heart

Thistle (Carissa) nods, "The lady too much like grandma might come yell at us like grandma usually does."

Thistle (Carissa) starts walking off aimlessly

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) hurries after her, casting guilty looks around to make sure no one is watching.

[Master] north oru south?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (If the Young Earl is smart, he'll take the lead....)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Because she's starting to head south...)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] BRB

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) gets comfortable lean against wall and dreams of dreamming

Spring is receiving the map first level...

Spring has received the map first level.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) just wants to get out of here without getting in trouble, and allows Thistle to take the lead.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (he isn't)

[Master] Young Earl Brandon Cowles moved 179'10".

[Master] Thistle moved 174'11".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (uh-oh)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Ooooo music time)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (zzzzzzzzzzzz)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (what hapened to the warning)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (this is the warning)

Marisu (TMO)] (WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so you feel warned?)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (warning when sound was important)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (...TMO beat me to it)

[Veronique (Master)] Where are you children going?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Sound is still going)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Oh THAT warning!) [Thistle (Carissa)] Back.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (I hear, just for others)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no warning on the warning)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Why?

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] We are simply exploring the grounds.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) imagines himself huge and strong, as big as a giant)

[Veronique (Master)] Children playing is a welcome sight, I have not seen it here in the Manse for many a year

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh but this is a fun place to play!

[Veronique (Master)] (everyone else is in the Dream and still the same as you are)

[Veronique (Master)] Why are you playing here?

Thistle (Carissa) opens arms wide

[Thistle (Carissa)] So much space for running!

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Ahem... I am 15, my lady. I have outgrown such things. I am merely showing Lady Thistle around the manse.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Liar. You're just a bad seeker.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) looks arround

[Veronique (Master)] You are young at heart, seeking that which you do not know

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Did I do it, did I make us enter a dream?

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) grimaces, shoots her a look

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Er, to clarify, the others are in a Dream. Are Thistle and Cowles? Or still not Dream?)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (That was at Thistle)

Thistle (Carissa) nods slowly

[Thistle (Carissa)] You sound like grandma.

[Veronique (Master)] ( Have you any Dreams you like yourself, Dreams of .... )

[Thistle (Carissa)] (I keep my visions to myself)

[Veronique (Master)] (so wonderful)

[Veronique (Master)] I hope you tell your granma you love her

[Thistle (Carissa)] Well I did but then she told me I couldn't run away so I ran away.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) looks at Thistle, confused.

Veronique (Master) smiles

[Veronique (Master)] What are you running to?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Adventure!

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] We... were seeking out the gardens, but I am afraid we may have been turned about.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Freedom!

[Thistle (Carissa)] Fun!

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) silently curses Hoffman.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (smiles)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (my own kind of iniation ritual)

[Veronique (Master)] Young Summer child you will find adventure and freedom are often not the same but both are fun

Thistle (Carissa) grins and nods excitedly

[Thistle (Carissa)] Branwyn has lots of adventures. That's why I'm helping her.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] um Branwyn, is this a dream?

[Thistle (Carissa)] I bet she has fun on them.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (are we dreaming somewhere too?)

[Veronique (Master)] Is Branwyn the bright mage I saw before?

[Veronique (Master)] (yes to the rest)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Probably.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I have no clue where my character is :) )

[Veronique (Master)] (everyone else is up in the bedroom)

[Thistle (Carissa)] She does lots of cool things.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] maybe we should go to the lab, just to see?

[Thistle (Carissa)] They call her Life-Giver at home.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] She is a lady of many talents, but I do not know if she is a Bright Mage as you claim.

Thistle (Carissa) frowns and turns to Brandon, "She's brighter than you."

[Veronique (Master)] Giver of LIfe to Whom?

[Thistle (Carissa)] The Count.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] but now that I know we can enter dream any time, no real hurry

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If this is a dream, it's somewhat of a boring one in comparison to the last one.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) grimaces, opens his mouth to say something, but then bites his tongue and remains silent.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Back in Ghostwood.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This would be the first dream we were not taken to Etienne.

[Thistle (Carissa)] He wasn't a vampire but now he is so she gave him life they say.

[Thistle (Carissa)] (If I got that right)

[Veronique (Master)] You mean LIsba Drake?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (does Thistle have local history?)

[Veronique (Master)] (no)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Nope...oops. But she can make animal noises?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Drake's mother I believe - without checking)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (and no direction sence apparently)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (name is familiar to me)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Ummm, I don't believe Count Stanley has family.

[Veronique (Master)] (and bonus points to anyone with the additional piece of information about Lisba Drake?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] I mean he's a Drake but his name isn't Lisba

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (without looking?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Queen?)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (She is not a vampire)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (I think? Well previous one?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Otherwise I'll have to look....)

[Veronique (Master)] (grins there you go Carissa for the win... and not the previous but back up the line)

Marisu (TMO)] (thought the name sounded a bit familiar)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Woo! Something happened during her rule I think significant, but don't remember. Looking now)

Marisu (TMO)] (but it's been awhile since I worked on the family tree)

[Veronique (Master)] (and Lisa just gave you a bit more information )

Hoffman (JohnAA)] come on Brawyn, are we gone drean up adventure or go find it

[Veronique (Master)] (just psh on through Ryan, ask away)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Huh well she did almost get killed a lot)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] May I ask why you are in this part of the manse, my lady?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (does she have her unicorn with her?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Ooh and his mother. Interesting)

[Veronique (Master)] Holiancer likes the greens

[Thistle (Carissa)] Holiancer?

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) looks around

Veronique (Master) smiles and strokes her unicorn

Thistle (Carissa) gasps

[Thistle (Carissa)] Can I pet Holiancer??

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) takes a step back in amazement.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) hisses, "Lady Thistle..!"

[Veronique (Master)] ONLY the pure of heart and those who are not dreaming may

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Is... is that a unicorn?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Am I dreaming?

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Dreaming? What do you mean, my lady?

[Veronique (Master)] Is this the real world? Is this just fantasy?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: Animal Noise check: (d20) [1d20=3] 3 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 11!!

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Easy come, easy go)

Thistle (Carissa) tries to make unicorn noises

Marisu (TMO)] (I recognize that quote)

Marisu (TMO)] (from somewhere)

Branwyn (Lisa) takes her pack with her spellbook and motions to the others "I suppose if Etienne isn't going to come to us then we must find him. Got your ring, Hugh? Hoffman seems eager. We will follow you."

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Easy come easy go...)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (any way the wind blows)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (no, it's escape from reality)

[Snezana (Spring)] (freddie mercury was a siren. i saw it on facebook)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (open your eyes)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Doesn't really matter to meeeee)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (look up from the sky)

[Thistle (Carissa)] I don't know...

Marisu (TMO)] (that's it. the overplayed song)

[Snezana (Spring)] (how else to explain eveyrone knows this song but nobody remembers learning it)

Marisu (TMO)] ;)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Well he looks real to me...

Thistle (Carissa) inches closer with hand out

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] How can this be anything but reality, my lady?

[Veronique (Master)] Only Heroes can Dream

Marisu (TMO)] (brb)

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) frustrated leans back against the wall and dreams a diffrent dream

[Snezana (Spring)] (it's raining again on me wee roof. i could weep from how lovely it is)

[Thistle (Carissa)] I'm just Thistle.

[Veronique (Master)] (warm smile with Spring)

[Snezana (Spring)] (i spent the whole day reading and snoozing, it was perfect)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZsN3S0WJ_o)

Veronique (Master) reaches out and touches Thistle's hair, then fades away

[Master] Everyone is still Dreaming

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh no! Don't go!

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Lady? Where did she go? What is going on?

Thistle (Carissa) runs off again to try to find her

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Lady Thistle?!?

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) runs after Thistle.

[Master] Thistle moved 159'05".

[Master] Young Earl Brandon Cowles moved 152'02".

[Master] Branwyn moved 13'01".

[Master] Branwyn moved 27'07".

Lisa is receiving the map second level and attics...

Lisa has received the map second level and attics.

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

Marisu (TMO)] (do we know we're dreaming?)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] brb

[Master] yes

[Ryan] I am away from the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we heard the music)

[Master] lol

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks at her hands in the Dream, and tries to visualize a pair of blank books into her hands.

[Master] nothing for Marisu

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I believe the only magic we have is the magic we make ourselves

[Marisu]] (TMO) tries to change the color of her shoes to blue.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hoffman, you wanted to explore?

Spring is receiving the map second level and attics...

Spring has received the map second level and attics.

[Snezana (Spring)] i want to explore

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) shakes head

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Are we awake yet?

[Snezana (Spring)] you don't ?!?!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Changed your mind?

Hoffman (JohnAA)] No, just checking

Hoffman (JohnAA)] I say to the labs?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sure

[Ryan] I am back at the keyboard.

[Marisu]] (TMO) dusts off her hands and makes sure her rapier is in its sheath.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) opens door

[Master] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ttx0gHKfY8

[Marisu]] (TMO) checks on Anastasia before they go

Snezana (Spring) checks dagger and sap

Anastacia Eustace (Master) coughs

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Does this mena I am not getting my soup?

[Marisu]] (TMO) laughs. "Perhaps it will be waiting hot for you when you wake up, cousin.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It might be a while

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Sure once you wake up

[Marisu]] (TMO) waves with her fingertips and heads for the door. "Pleasant dreams."

[Anastacia Eustace (Master) (to mharm-15549 only)] elooks at Marisu puzzled

Anastacia Eustace (Master) looks at Marisu puzzled

[Marisu]] (TMO) chuckles to herslef in the hallway.

[Master] So the group is heading to ?

Marisu (TMO)] "It's the ony time its safe to tease her, when she can't hardly move."

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (The lab)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) (to Master only)] I"m sorry bob. Trouble at home at the moment. I'm still here, but I am so lost as to what is going on

TMO is receiving the map first level...

TMO has received the map first level.

Spring is receiving the map first level...

Spring has received the map first level.

[Master] The group goes down the stairs and down the hall to the center of the Mansion to the gardens, the entrance to the dungeons is through the Chapel

Marisu (TMO)] (we didn't make it)

MarioHome has joined the game on Fri Nov 30 21:31:47 EST 2018

MarioHome is receiving the map ground floor...

Lisa is receiving the map first level...

Lisa has received the map first level.

MarioHome has received the map ground floor.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (hi mario!)

[Snezana (Spring)] (hi Mario!!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Hi Mario!)

[Master] and as you reach the interior gardens you find Brandon and Thistle arguing in the gardens

[MarioHome] Hello Hello

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (want to play the music for him?)

[Master] Hey Mario

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (hello)

Marisu (TMO)] Lord Cowles is in the Dream..?

[Thistle (Carissa)] She went THAT way! I know she did!

[Master] you are still employed Mario?

[MarioHome] sorry, not sure what that means

[Master] it was only Starwood that screwed up so badly?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Marriott breach?)

Marisu (TMO)] (what, did everybody fuck up something this week?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Haha sounds like it)

[MarioHome] i know nothing! NOTHING!!

[Master] I do not think Mario did it

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I didn't)

[Master] LOL

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Jealous of Lisa now)

Marisu (TMO)] (aye)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (And this is why I stayed at a Holiday Inn this week ;) )

[MarioHome] ya, it seems like someone internally hacked the Central Res System when we were tarwood

[Master] LOL

Marisu (TMO)] (nice)

[Master] and ouch

[Snezana (Spring)] (oh no!)

[MarioHome] they just took my S!

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (HA!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Same theif that took TMO's L?)

Marisu (TMO)] (I sent a 3 year old email to 22,500 prospective students)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (thought that was your nickname for them!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Ouch to TMO and lol to Lisa)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (how much could have changed in 3 years)

Marisu (TMO)] (well, the years for one thing)

Marisu (TMO)] (2015-2016 were a while ago)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Feels like forever ago, yes)

[Snezana (Spring)] (wow)

[Master] is was will be

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (before the end times)

[MarioHome] so drink a Diet Shasta Cola to repent

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL!!!)

[MarioHome] (spring, i was literally LOL on that one

[Master] Ryan you still sure you want to join this group?

[MarioHome] everything about that is perfect

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (lol)

[MarioHome] Jo-Ann never had it. i described it as worse thatn RC Cola, like Shasta isnt even trying any more

[Master] glad you are ok with the mess Mario

[MarioHome] anyway, what happened?

[MarioHome] did we breech the wall?

[Master] who wants to tell him what is happening now?

[Snezana (Spring)] (hahahahaha)

MarioHome is receiving the map first level...

MarioHome has received the map first level.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we are dreaming and going to the lab)

[Snezana (Spring)] (we've entered dreamtime again)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (we are dreamingof palying D& D)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Trying to figure out where to find paper, Thistle ran off, Brandon was supposed to watch her, Dream music, unicorn lady, party was split but now not)

[MarioHome] (ah,lol)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (first dream without etienne in our faces)

Marisu (TMO)] (a dweam wivvin a dweam!)

[MarioHome] (tahnks al!)

[Snezana (Spring)] (but wuv, twuuuu wvu!!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (But ... Mara missed the unicorn. Only Thistle and Brandon got to see him)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Brandon is just doing the best he can, thank you very much)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Thistle isn't making it easy)

[MarioHome] so Bran noticed it was a Him?!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol - Veronique said his name - sounded like a him to me)

[MarioHome] (ah Bandon, not Branwyn...)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (I was thinking a him, too, but wasn't sure)

[MarioHome] (check, tx)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Also, Brandon may or may not have outed himself as the Demon Lord of Darkness...)

[MarioHome] (oh clever)

[MarioHome] (throw us off the trail)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (brb)

[MarioHome] (should be an interesting read tomorrow)

[Lisa] I am away from the keyboard.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Come on! Stop slowing us down. She went that way!

[Master] so you just found Thistle and Brandon in the garden

[Master] coming up behind the two of them

Hoffman (JohnAA)] [Hoffman]]: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=18] 18 - ROLL FAILED against 14!!

[Master] [Hoffman]], Hugh D'Ambray, Mara, [Marisu]], Branwyn and Snezana moved 84'07".

Marisu (TMO)] Lord Cowles is in the Dream too?

[Master] (yes)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] OH no

[Thistle (Carissa)] Over there! Are you coming or not??

Marisu (TMO)] (that was IC)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] why would I dream of these two?

[Master] Yes the whole group hears that

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) whirls around in surprise

[Thistle (Carissa)] I even grabbed some greens for him!

[Mara (MarioHome)] who is Him?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Holiancer!!

[Mara (MarioHome)] (does Mara know that to be the Uni?)

[Master] no

[Thistle (Carissa)] He was SO pretty but before I could pet him he and the lady disappeared!

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Oh, thank the gods. Please, someone tell me what is going on.

[Mara (MarioHome)] who ?! Holly who?

[Thistle (Carissa)] We saw a unicorn. And now we're trying to find it again. How do you not undertand that?

Thistle (Carissa) to Brandon

Mara (MarioHome) gasp

[Mara (MarioHome)] the unicorn?! again?? yes, let's go!

Mara (MarioHome) tries to catch Thistle

[Lisa] I am back at the keyboard.

Thistle (Carissa) tries to run off again

[Snezana (Spring)] i wanna see the unicorn!

Marisu (TMO)] (to Brandon) Short version, this is a Dream, but you can still get hurt here.

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Giving you a chance to maybe catch her this time ;) )

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] A dream? We are sharing a dream?

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods. "Thistle! Come here please!"

[Thistle (Carissa)] Maybe not. The lady said this could be reality

Thistle (Carissa) freezes and sighs

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: Intimidation (Cha) check: (d20) [1d20=12] 12 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

[Thistle (Carissa)] But the unicorn....!

[Mara (MarioHome)] so the unicorn could be real??

Mara (MarioHome) eyes gleam

Thistle (Carissa) winces and looks at Marisu

[Marisu]] (TMO) gestures with a finger for her to come over to them.

[Mara (MarioHome)] wow, she's fast

Thistle (Carissa) hangs her head and walks over

[Master] Thistle moved 55'10".

[Marisu]] (TMO) pats Thistle on the shoulder. "Sorry, it's not safe to go wandering off alone here. We don't know what else might be here."

[Thistle (Carissa)] We'd be safe if we found Holiancer and his friend again....

Marisu (TMO)] Just treasure the memory, and perhaps, if we're lucky, we'll get to see the unicorn again.

Thistle (Carissa) nods sadly

Mara (MarioHome) frowns secretly

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] What will end the dream? Is there a purpose to it all?

Marisu (TMO)] Yes, we hope so. But there's only one way to find out for sure.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] It is the same as in life

Marisu (TMO)] (is Brandon armed?)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (prolly has two)

[Master] his rapier

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Armed with charm, he is)

Marisu (TMO)] (bah dum dump)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol to both)

Marisu (TMO)] (hey now, that's Marisu's job! *scowl*)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (arent you glad i showed up?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (always!)

[Marisu]] (TMO) taps Brandon's rapier hilt with one finger. "Are you skilled with this, Lord?"

Marisu (TMO)] (watching to see if he tells the truth)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (only one way to find out!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (swordfight!!!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) seriously. "Yes, although I have not often had cause to use it in anger."

[Mara (MarioHome)] (and we arent in grave peril. so)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] But do not worry, my lady, I will protect you with my life.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Don't ask him to hold a tray of tea, though. He's not skilled in it.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (which will buy you exactly one second)

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at Thistle and then at Brandon

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) scowls at Thistle.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ummm, good to know ...

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods. "Good enough. Please use it if you need to defned any of us. But... don't get between Hoffman and an enemy."

[Master] (I did laugh at atha tMario)

Thistle (Carissa) grins

Marisu (TMO)] I put Thistle into your protection.

[Thistle (Carissa)] What??

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) tries not to droop

[Thistle (Carissa)] I can protect myself!

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks hard at Thistle. "Are you going to do something that will make him put himself at risk just to rescue you?"

[Thistle (Carissa)] He'd rather rescue you.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] How would that make her different than any of us, Marisu

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) sputter and coughs.

[Thistle (Carissa)] I can run and hide pretty well on my own.

Marisu (TMO)] And as a favorto me, he will be your bodyguard.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) grows serious, nods. "I will do as you ask, my lady."

Marisu (TMO)] And as a favor to me, you will *not* make his job more difficult. Will you?

[Mara (MarioHome)] good, he seems easier to catch up to anyway

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) sighs, looks at Thistle.

Thistle (Carissa) glares back

[Thistle (Carissa)] Fineee.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] so still to the lab?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We were headed to the labs. Hoffman?

[Thistle (Carissa)] That lady was right. Freedom and adventure aren't the same thing...

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) waves the lady to lead

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles. "Thank you. When we are out of this Dream, we can stop."

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles at Thistle "I cannot even begin to tell you how right she was."

Branwyn (Lisa) mutters "What I wouldn't do for a bit of freedom..."

[Mara (MarioHome)] (George Michael YouTube anyone?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] She called you the Bright Mage. That's a good thing, right?

Marisu (TMO)] You should watch Prince Ilero in action some time, Thistle. He also tends to just jump into situations. He has the scars to prove it too."

[Thistle (Carissa)] He must have lots of fun!

Branwyn (Lisa) perks up a bit "That was very nice of her."

Mara (MarioHome) nods

[Thistle (Carissa)] She also knows Lisba Drake. Who's that? I didn't think anyone but the Count lived in Ghostwood.

Branwyn (Lisa) follows Hoffman back to the labs as they talk on the way

[Marisu]] (TMO) shakes her head in amusement. "Another title, Marquessa?" And to Thistle, "At the moment, I don't think he's enjoying it very much at all."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hope not. I think she meant bright as a simple adjective.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hope.

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) pretends to know where he is going

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn the Bright!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That wouldn't have been so bad.

Marisu (TMO)] Lisba Drake? *Queen* Lisba Drake? That was a long time ago.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Do you think these gardens have aged well?

Snezana (Spring) follows along, looking at everything

Hoffman (JohnAA)] or rather de aged well?

Thistle (Carissa) shrugs, "She didn't say Queen. Just Lisba."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Perhaps she knew her before she was Queen.

Marisu (TMO)] That would make it even longer.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Everyone here is so very old

Thistle (Carissa) nods, "Like grandma."

Marisu (TMO)] She stepped down from the throne about 200 years ago.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes, but hopefully your grandma isn't that old

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Side note to Ryan, her grandmother is only 28 (?))

[Thistle (Carissa)] She's OLD.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Maybe not Lisba old, but OLD.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And that guard told us the brother Henri was the youngest at 245 years old.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Give or take a few years

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (ah)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If the gardens are as old as the people around here, I would agree they have aged very well Hoffman!

[Master] (so Gardens or Lab?)

Marisu (TMO)] (lab I believe)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (LAb)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] Trying)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (thought we were walking through them to get to the lab)

[Master] LIving Gardens are outside of the manse

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (hoofman has been trying to act like he knows where he is going)

[Master] or Mansion depending on if you are in a Dream or not

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (just get us to the labs please)

[Master] very well

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sigh)

Spring is receiving the map dungeon...

Spring has received the map dungeon.

Marisu (TMO)] (I was just pointing, but that was Simon library)

TMO is receiving the map dungeon...

TMO has received the map dungeon.

[Mara (MarioHome)] Is it dark here?

[Master] Not in your Dream

[Mara (MarioHome)] (is there Mist?)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Guys family drama over here I gotta go, but will see you next week. I'll make a point to review the chat logs and post some thoughts so everyone (who cares :) ) has my two sesne. Have a great week guys

[Master] no

Marisu (TMO)] (gnite)

mharm-15549 has left the game on Fri Nov 30 22:07:08 EST 2018

[Mara (MarioHome)] (oh Hai Michael)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (oh Bai Michael)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (bye)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (then insert MAra gazing at teh sky and sun and whatnot)

Marisu (TMO)] (in the dungeons?)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (not here,...up there, or out there)

Branwyn (Lisa) follows the corridor they took this morning and looks to see if the wall is still there

[Master] yes

[Mara (MarioHome)] Mara: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=7] 7 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 12!!

[Snezana (Spring)] (bye Michael)

[Mara (MarioHome)] *what color are trhe walls?)

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) pushes wall

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That wall has been there a while then.

[Mara (MarioHome)] (yellow or brown?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I was picturing a dark gray stone myself)

[Master] grey stone

[Mara (MarioHome)] (thankyou)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) keeps one hand on his rapier, but allows his other to trail along the stone, tracing it lightly.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] well this is maybe the most boring dream

[Mara (MarioHome)] let's not complain

Thistle (Carissa) tries really hard to imagine a door

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles and looks around for anything of note.

[Mara (MarioHome)] giants, charging horses,only the unicorn was not lethal

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All right. Dreams do not change the fact that I need to cast to get in. Does anyone want to come with me? I'll be gone until tomorrow unless the dream pulls me out.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh oh! Me me!

Hoffman (JohnAA)] HA

[Mara (MarioHome)] I am at your service, MArquessa, if you need me

[Thistle (Carissa)] Me! Meee!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can take two women or one man.

Hoffman (JohnAA)] She might leave you insdie Thistle

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] /blinks. "If Lady Thistle is at your side, then so am I. I have sworn to protect her."

Thistle (Carissa) puts hand in the air waving it wildly

Marisu (TMO)] You have what you need to memorize your spell to get back?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Pick me! Pick me!

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) thinks it takes two woman to equal ...well maybe not these women

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The rest of you can maybe explore this Living Garden we keep hearing about?

Thistle (Carissa) slightly lowers her hand

Marisu (TMO)] Who do you think you might most need?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Do you think Holicorn is there?

[Snezana (Spring)] hmmm lab or garden

Hoffman (JohnAA)] I would take a priest if we had one

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Could be. If I was a unicorn, it sounds like a good place to be

[Mara (MarioHome)] https://goo.gl/images/fYGe6R

[Snezana (Spring)] shhhhh don't use the p word

[Snezana (Spring)] but i am willing to go with you Branwyn

[Mara (MarioHome)] There are none of those here

Thistle (Carissa) bites lip glancing backwards

[Thistle (Carissa)] Um, I mean, I coudl go with you, but f Holiancer is there...

Marisu (TMO)] I don't know where I might be the most useful. I'll go or stay, whichever you prefer.

Mara (MarioHome) exaggerated wink

[Thistle (Carissa)] You DO need my help, but...

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) sighs.

Marisu (TMO)] I'm not sure of much, Thistle, but I'm fairy certain that the unicorn will not be in the labs.

Marisu (TMO)] *fairly

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Marisu, you are the closet thing to a mage that we have besides myself so it would be of most interest to you.

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods.

Thistle (Carissa) nods enthusiastically to Marisu

[Thistle (Carissa)] His favorite greens wouldn't be in a lab

Marisu (TMO)] (one of those rare situations that Marisu might actually be useful in both places)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Mara and Snezana, you can decide and let me know which of you is going

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This is a blind teleport. I will hope to not land into any furniture

[Mara (MarioHome)] Snee, your power through your god is more powerful than Brenios has grante dme

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is a risk

[Marisu]] (TMO) takes a breath and nods.

[Snezana (Spring)] is it?

[Mara (MarioHome)] i can watch over these folk out here

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And yes, I was hoping Marisu so I have my spellbook

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes it is a risk.

Thistle (Carissa) beams at Mara, "We can find the unicorn and you being there will make him happy!"

[Snezana (Spring)] Mara, want to flip a coin for it?

Thistle (Carissa) points at Brandon

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) wanders away with head down

Mara (MarioHome) nods

[Mara (MarioHome)] no, i prefer you go

[Snezana (Spring)] that is hard to argue with. okay

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) drily, "I suppose we are going to search for a unicorn, then."

[Mara (MarioHome)] be safe and walk with Faith

[Hoffman]] (JohnAA) weakly "Oh Yea!"

Thistle (Carissa) claps happily

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hoffman, you heard Anastacia about Richard? I am counting on you to protect them

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Please?

Hoffman (JohnAA)] I will

[Mara (MarioHome)] well, don't we want to stay close, in case these ladies need help?

Marisu (TMO)] The enemy has been a giant and a general. Physical attacks seems to be his strength.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "Thank you"

[Thistle (Carissa)] That lady said this is a good place for children to play.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Enemy? What enemy?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Mara, if we need help, there is nothing you could do, Go and enjoy the gardens!

[Thistle (Carissa)] Um, all of this. Not here.

[Mara (MarioHome)] in a dungeon?!

Hoffman (JohnAA)] how can we help from this side of the wall?

[Thistle (Carissa)] No, the gardens and places.

Mara (MarioHome) looks at Bran, nods

[Mara (MarioHome)] as you say, Marquessa

Branwyn (Lisa) holds out her hands to Marisu and Snee

[Mara (MarioHome)] well, lets go find our unicorn!

[Thistle (Carissa)] Good luck, Branwyn the Bright!

[Marisu]] (TMO) takes it.

Mara (MarioHome) claps excitedly

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Bran...don? Bran...wyn? I foresee no confusion regarding names)

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles at Brandon. "Thank you."

Branwyn (Lisa) pulls them close to her

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (Mara, Marasu)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (dont forget Bran-adarus)

[Marisu]] (TMO) swallows.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We'll be there in a second

[Thistle (Carissa)] (And...BRan...adarus who isn't here at the moment)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (No confusion at all)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Can I rename Branimus Prime?)

Branwyn (Lisa) concentrates on a couple feet past the wall

[Master] chuckles

Hoffman (JohnAA)] (Maranda)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (I support this)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against : Dimension Door: I can teleport up to (30*11) 330 yards away.

[Mara (MarioHome)] (I try to call Branadarus Ty, for Tyberius, no one went ofor it)

[Marisu]] (TMO) closes her eyes.

[Mara (MarioHome)] (here's hoping the room isnt furnished, or has a well)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (or a fire pit)

Hoffman (JohnAA)] wonder if we will see them later in a dream or real life

[Mara (MarioHome)] (or a it of crocodiles)

[Master] This is one of the smallest but most sophisticated laboratories in the mansion. Here, the most experienced of the d'Ambreville wizards study spells that summon creatures and spirits from other planes of reality. Since this is dangerous scholarship, the walls have been reinforced and the door into the chamber walled over; the chamber is accessible only through teleport, dimension door, and similar spells. The room's air is kept fresh through magical means. The chamber used to have a doorway into it, though, so all family members (and longtime retainers like Petit-Singe) know of its existence. The chamber walls are lined with shelves that hold books and scrolls pertaining to the summoning of monsters. Characters ransacking the room will find one scroll with the following wizard spells: 1st level—unseen servant; 2nd level —rope trick, summon swarm; 3rd level—monster summoning I, phantom steed; 4th level—monster summoning II; 5th level— conjure elemental, contact other plane, monster summoning III.

[Master] Branwyn moved 3'01".

[Master] Mara moved 38'03".

Hoffman (JohnAA)] So young Cowl, show us this garden

[Mara (MarioHome)] (is it dark?)

[Master] Branwyn Marisu and who are inside?

[Mara (MarioHome)] (is it a Black Lab?!)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (are thw walls yellow or brown?)

[JohnAA] You all have fun, see you later

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Snee)

[JohnAA] have a great week

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Awww by John)

[Master] Snezana moved 19'10".

Marisu (TMO)] (you too)

[Snezana (Spring)] (bye john!!)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (oh bai John)

[Master] In the center of the room is a sealed coffin

JohnAA has left the game on Fri Nov 30 22:23:24 EST 2018

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (bye)

Marisu (TMO)] (note that last sentence Lisa)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (dont get in it)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Give me a second. the spell takes a bit out of me.

[Master] smiles

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods, looking a little shaken herself.

[Master] and pause with the group in the room

[Master] the group outside

[Master] Thistle?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good thing we didn't land in the coffin!

[Master] you are young and aglie

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) gives one last look towards Marisu. "Yes, I suppose it is time we are on our way."

[Master] what are you doing?

[Master] Brandon notices that Marisu is gone

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (they all just vanished in front of your eyes)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Uhhh running after a unicorn in a garden maybe? Or is this a test?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] *poof*

[Master] asking what you want

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (he was looking where she disappeared, rather)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (So then yes unless objections)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (everything is a test)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (You sound like my father)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Or is it Etienne's father? It was Lisa the whole time???)

[Master] lol

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol!)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (and she would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddlesome kids)

[Snezana (Spring)] (hahaha)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (there is nothing you can do for the lab people)

[Master] so the rest of the group leaves the dungeons and heads out to the living gardens out in the Manse's grounds

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

Marisu (TMO)] (I hope they don't run into something - they just lost their bodyguard)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] did you see the room description? we are EXPECTED to ransack the lab!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Prepping garden visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg)

Marisu (TMO)] (yep! that's the last sentence I was takling about. ;) )

[Master] This is not so much a garden for growing interesting plants and animals as one to demonstrate unusual magical tricks. On these grounds, the casual wanderer will find the following: • Statues that change their poses when they're not being looked at or that sing for the pleasure of visitors; • Streams where crystal-clear water runs uphill and goes leaping up into fountain spigots; • Prize Flytraps, a type of plant much like a Venus flytrap that, instead of eating bugs, open to offer bypassers charming little presents. The presents are usually pretty but valueless— trinkets, lesser coins of foreign lands, polished rocks and marbles, keys that fit no locks, uncut semiprecious stones, and the like;

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (oh I thought you meant the coffin thing)

Marisu (TMO)] (and then they try to eat you)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (oh they landed in Shi's dream)

[Master] Hammocks, benches, and even one large four-poster covered bed with good views of the garden or the mansion.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) sits down on a bench overlooking the garden, careful to keep Thistle in view.

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) his rapier is across his lap, with one hand on the hilt

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh look at that plant! It has a shiny trinket in it!

Marisu (TMO)] https://goblinscomic.com/comic/01252011-2/

Carissa is receiving the map overall...

Carissa has received the map overall.

Thistle (Carissa) goes to exaimine the Prize Flytrap

[Snezana (Spring)] (BRB)

[Spring] I am away from the keyboard.

MarioHome is receiving the map overall...

MarioHome has received the map overall.

Marisu (TMO)] (Minmax!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Mara look!

[Mara (MarioHome)] (thats brilliant)

Mara (MarioHome) looks at Thistle

[Mara (MarioHome)] dear?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Shiny thing!

[Thistle (Carissa)] Can I take it?

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) glances over to see what Thisle is talking about.

[Mara (MarioHome)] i'd be weary about takig thinks, didnt you see the MInmax comic?

Thistle (Carissa) shakes head

Marisu (TMO)] (lol)

Mara (MarioHome) walks closer

[Mara (MarioHome)] what are you lloikng at?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Is the bed canopy?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (With curtains?)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) stands up, hand still on his rapier.

[Master] four poster bed but the curtains are all tied up to the top

Mara (MarioHome) looks at Cowles

[Mara (MarioHome)] stay close please

Mara (MarioHome) smiles

Thistle (Carissa) runs off to look at the bed

[Mara (MarioHome)] stay where we can see you

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) runs after Thistle.

[Mara (MarioHome)] ah, kids

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Too hopeful to find someone sleeping there? :P)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Who puts a bed in a garden?

Marisu (TMO)] (people who like sex or sleeping al fresco)

Marisu (TMO)] (or both)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

Thistle (Carissa) tries to climb up to the top

[Mara (MarioHome)] sweety, beds are made to lay on, not climb on

[Mara (MarioHome)] the view isnt better up there than down here

Mara (MarioHome) looks around, and at the sky

[Thistle (Carissa)] But someone climbed it to tie it up. I'm going to untie it so I can swing from it.

[Mara (MarioHome)] its utterly magnificent down here

Marisu (TMO)] (Mara has obviously never seen bunk beds)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (lol, nope!)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] Please do not, Lady Thistle. I don't think that it is safe.

[Spring] I am back at the keyboard.

[Spring] I am away from the keyboard.

[Mara (MarioHome)] anyway, we'd have better luck tracking the unicorn down here

[Spring] I am back at the keyboard.

Thistle (Carissa) reaches the top and looks around?

[Mara (MarioHome)] (sure)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Wasn't sure if a roll was needed...almost afraid to ask)

[Master] chuckles letting you all go

[Thistle (Carissa)] (True she isn't an elf so she can probably climb just fine ;) )

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: Animal Noise check: (d20) [1d20=13] 13 - ROLL FAILED against 11!!

[Master] does anyone remember why you wanted to make it to the Living Garden?

Thistle (Carissa) tries to call for the unicorn

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Because Hoffman wanted the kids gone while the adults did adult things?)

Marisu (TMO)] (not a clue)

[Master] Wharooooooga Wharooooooga

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Today yes, but if before no/....)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh! Holiancer? Is that you??

Thistle (Carissa) jumps down to follow the noise

[Master] ecoes back to Thistle

[Thistle (Carissa)] Wait....

[Mara (MarioHome)] ( the old lady said something is out here)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) runs after Thisle, begging her to wait.

[Mara (MarioHome)] (thats vague enuf to be right)

[Master] LAUGHS with Mario

[Master] I will give you all a few more minutes before we jump back to the dungeons in a castle in the Mist during a Dream

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Hmm something about taking something back to the garden?)

Thistle (Carissa) runs off to splash in the streams

Thistle (Carissa) and take a trinket from a plant

Thistle (Carissa) pose to some statues.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (what was that sound? vintage automobile?)

Thistle (Carissa) makes way back to the bed and falls backwards, out of breath.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (tmo has the pointer)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) moves slowly, water sloshing off of him, back to the bench.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: Animal Noise check: (d20) [1d20=17] 17 - ROLL FAILED against 11!!

Thistle (Carissa) tries once more to call for Holiancer

[Master] Wharooooooga Wharooooooga

[Thistle (Carissa)] (See not sure if that's her failing and making weird noises or a weird noise to chase)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (sorry, are you playing a sound?)

[Master] smiles

[Thistle (Carissa)] Holiancer!

Thistle (Carissa) catches her breath and tries again to follow where she heard the noise

[Mara (MarioHome)] (thats the sound of a claxon)

Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan) sights, grumbling, and follows after her.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Holiancer! I brought your favorite greens!

Marisu (TMO)] (take something back to the Garden is really all the old lady said. I can't even figure out what she was takling about)

Mara (MarioHome) tries to keep up, while taking in the splendor othe sunlight beams on everything

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Okay not just me. I can't figure out what either)

[Master] 2 more minutes before jumping back to the dungeons

Marisu (TMO)] (quick! dig for buried treasure!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Dunno what else to do. Ideas?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Thistle is just being a kid without a goal besides playing)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Brandon screams out for the unicorn to face him like a man, waiving his rapier around in defiance)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh! Maybe you're standing too close!

Thistle (Carissa) motions for Brandon to step away

[Mara (MarioHome)] (unicorns are attracyed to purity. Mara runs back inside)

Marisu (TMO)] (ask a statue for directions)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Holiancer! It's just me!

Thistle (Carissa) sees nearby statue

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] /blinks, looking towards Mara. He shrugs, moving away.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Hi! Have you seen the unicorn?

Marisu (TMO)] (party is attacked by stone golems)

[Master] Unicorns with a long hard purple horn, attracted to young nubile virgins

[Thistle (Carissa)] Hello? Hello!!

Marisu (TMO)] (sounds like a porno)

[Master] smiles and CLICK back to the dungons and Branwyn

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Yeahhhh)

Marisu (TMO)] (3 lifeless corpses lie at the foot of a coffin)

[Snezana (Spring)] (is it even lit in here?)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (pls tell me its black)

[Master] (Look up Wille Ley's exotic zoology is a great book on what is believed to be meant by a lot of the zoocryptic legends

[Mara (MarioHome)] (exotic or erotic?)

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 20'11".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (waiting for an answer to spring)

[Master] SO Branwyn Snee adn Marsu inside the new room

[Master] no lights

[Mara (MarioHome)] (YES!!! The Black Lab!)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (nailed it!!!)

[Master] brb sorry restroom

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

[Marisu]] (TMO) feels around in her pouches for a candle.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Everyone all right?

Marisu (TMO)] I think so.

Branwyn (Lisa) reaches into her pack and pulls out a spare quill

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against : Continual Light - Wizard: Create a permanent source of light which shines in a 60 foot radius.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I always seem to give light sources away and never have my own.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] A light quill is nice though. I like it.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles and looks around

Branwyn (Lisa) spies the coffin

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks around. "It certainly casts interesting shadows."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I suppose it would be too much to ask that Etienne would be lounging on a divan instead of in a coffin.

Marisu (TMO)] Traditions are what they are for a reason, I guess.

[Marisu]] (TMO) moves to look at the books.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It looks sealed.

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL! black lab. sorry i was distracted)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (woof!)

Snezana (Spring) looking around at all thet unfamiliar equipment

[Marisu]] (TMO) running her fingers along the spines of books, looking for anything interesting. "Sealed? From the inside or the outside?"

[Mara (MarioHome)] (lol Spring)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not sure. I haven't wanted to get too close to it.

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Would you unlock spell have already unlocked it if it was locked?)

Marisu (TMO)] That seems reasonable.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (regular locks yes - magic locks no)

[Marisu]] (TMO) pulls out a book and leafs through it.

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=15] 15 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

Marisu (TMO)] (oh, I've got one of those too)

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=3] 3 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 17!!

Branwyn (Lisa) carefully kneels by the coffin and looks at it

[Snezana (Spring)] Snezana: Alertness check: (d20) [1d20=5] 5 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 15!!

[Master] It seems like there are several books missing from the shelves

Marisu (TMO)] (we are one heck of an observant group!)

[Snezana (Spring)] (i felt left out heh)

[Master] and the coffin is sealed from the outside

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I don't understand what sealed means - I'm sorry)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (nailed shut, super glue, locks?)

[Master] The coffin is a long and sealed like a lead welding

Marisu (TMO)] (padlocked? melted wax? welded?)

Marisu (TMO)] (welded)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (it is a metal coffin?)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (epoxy, superglue, gorilla glue)

Marisu (TMO)] (duct tape)

[Snezana (Spring)] (if they don't find you handsome ...)

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (tie them up with duct tape?)

[Master] looks to be a normal wooden coffin but not wood,

[Master] care to make an intution check?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: INU check: (d20) [1d20=2] 2 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 11!!

Marisu (TMO)] (nice!)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (wow)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yay! I never make those since it is based on wisdom)

[Snezana (Spring)] (for Ryan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show the end of the quote is "...let them at least find you handy)

[Master] SO Branwyn can see it is a "normal" wooden coffin but this one seems to be sealed again with some sort of metal soldering, the wood turned to some sort of metalish type of substance,

[Master] Iron Wood

[Master] would be her first guess

[Master] unbreakable

[Master] Unbreakable??

Branwyn (Lisa) runs her hand across the coffin more confidently

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Someone didn't want to be disturbed

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Or someone didn't want him to be disturbed

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This looks like iron wood

Marisu (TMO)] Maybe both?

[Master (to Lisa only)] and the outside weld would be added later.... to keep someone inside

[Marisu]] (TMO) sets the first book aside and pulls down another.

Snezana (Spring) looking where branwyn is indicating

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It must be to keep him inside

[Marisu]] (TMO) quickly puts the first book back where she got it from with a startled look on her face.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It was welded after

Marisu (TMO)] I'm not used to having to be sneaky like this.

[Young Earl Brandon Cowles (Ryan)] (Going to have to call it. Night everyone. Thanks for the session)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So he either instructed someone to lock him in, or someone did it to him.

Marisu (TMO)] (gnite)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Goodnight Ryan!)

Ryan has left the game on Fri Nov 30 23:13:11 EST 2018

[Master] Thank you Ryan see you next week)

Branwyn (Lisa) chuckles "I think we are quite safe here."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But if we are in a dream and here is Etienne ...

[Snezana (Spring)] (gnite Ryan!!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not sure what this means

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Night Ryan!)

[Marisu]] (TMO) gives a thin smile. "You and I have two different definitions of safe."

[Mara (MarioHome)] (bye Ryan)

[Snezana (Spring)] specifically, if we are in a drea of the -past-

[Branwyn (Lisa)] How about you try to worry only when I do. What are you seeing on the bookshelves?

[Snezana (Spring)] does that mean he's still sealed up in here somewhere in the present?

Marisu (TMO)] Lots of theory and equations. I think most of it is about summoning from other realms, but I don't understand most of it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There was no Mist in the garden where we met Thistle and Brandon so we must have travelled back in time, correct?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Back to when there was still no Mist, but after he was locked up here?

Marisu (TMO)] I didn't notice, I'm afraid. I was focused on Thistle and Cowles.

Marisu (TMO)] But... how did he make the Mist if he was sealed?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Or time is getting jumbled and what is was will be is getting mixed up this time.

Marisu (TMO)] was is will be again?

[Snezana (Spring)] are we sure he is even the one who made the mist?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Bob - you did say no mist, right?)

[Master] yers

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Are you sure he's the one in there?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That's what Dame Camille said. And I'm sure if I travel in here awake, we will find this coffin.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no clue Carissa - just hoping!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So anything good on those shelves?

Marisu (TMO)] /moves on to the next book.

[Master] (the spell books you see on the descriptions)

Branwyn (Lisa) leans against the coffin thinking

[Marisu]] (TMO) hands the book over the Branwyn with a grin. "I think this looks promising."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (the description made it sound like it was one seriously long scroll - is it or a pile of them?)

[Master] piles of them

Snezana (Spring) looking but not touching

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (just making sure - all those spells on the above list are on individual scrolls)

Branwyn (Lisa) grins at Marisu "Oh sure! Make me open an unknown vampire mage book!"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Like I haven't had enough trouble opening books in the past year.

Marisu (TMO)] I've already opened it. And two others. Besides, look at the papers inside the front of it.

[Marisu]] (TMO) grins.

Marisu (TMO)] I can't read any of them, but I recognize what they are.

[Snezana (Spring)] they are in some other language?

[Master] Branwyn understands that Marisu is talking about something missing from the shelves

Marisu (TMO)] (I was talking about the spell scrolls, actually)

[Master] (sorry more scrolls that should be there that are not there)

Marisu (TMO)] (since I'd already handed her a book, I just assumed the scrolls were just kinda shoved inside the front cover)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Did you memorize a spell to read magic today?

Marisu (TMO)] There are some spaces ehere other books used to be. Maybe where Simon got his books from?

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods. "Just one though."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Simon?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Can priests teleport?

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at Snee

[Marisu]] (TMO) shrugs.

Marisu (TMO)] (passwall maybe?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hope it wasn't him. He has no business here.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Had

[Snezana (Spring)] i can't

Marisu (TMO)] We know priests who would be right at home here.

[Snezana (Spring)] i guess some heretic pagan type maybe could

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We should put everything we want to read together and then tackle them.

Marisu (TMO)] (are there any blank books or papers here?)

[Master] no

Marisu (TMO)] How long do we have, do you think?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can read 22 scrolls or 22 pages from a spell book on one casting

[Marisu]] (TMO) starts going through things faster.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If I do it all at once.

Marisu (TMO)] I'm about half that.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I wonder how much this coffin weighs ...

[Master] I will let Marisu and Branwyn both make Knowledge checks

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: KNO check: (d20) [1d20=13] 13 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 17!!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: KNO check: (d20) [1d20=12] 12 [MODIFIED (+1+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks at Branwyn with wide eyes, startled.

Marisu (TMO)] What?

[Master] both of you look around and realize that there are no specific Dream Spell books in this room

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You haven't seen anything from an oneiromancer have you?

[Snezana (Spring)] an oni-what-y-mancer?

[Marisu]] (TMO) shakes her head. "Not that I've recognized, no. Maybe he kept his personal library somewhere else? Or in that other castle deep in the swamps?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] A dream mage.

[Marisu]] (TMO) moves on to the next book, flipping through it quickly.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The kind of magic that put us here

[Snezana (Spring)] oh! i see

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ohhhhh ... maybe those are the ones that are missing.

Marisu (TMO)] That could be too...

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I wonder if they're in ... there

Branwyn (Lisa) gestures to the coffin

[Marisu]] (TMO) tries to guess how many books are missing.

[Master] Marisu can guess about three

[Master] large tomes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (and Branwyn didn't hear that comment from the maid telling us to steal Dick's books did she? )

[Master] no

Marisu (TMO)] Maybe three large books. About this thick. Could they fit in there with a body?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (wishes she had a telepathy spell)

Marisu (TMO)] (Marisu didn't memorize any communication spells, sorry)

Branwyn (Lisa) shrugs "Not sure"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You think this thing weighs less than 500 pounds?

Marisu (TMO)] I'm afraid to know the answer to that...

Branwyn (Lisa) takes a deep breath and tries to push the coffin a little

[Marisu]] (TMO) flinches.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (max press is 140 lbs)

[Master] TIPS over

[Branwyn (Lisa)] AHHH!!!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (branwyn tips over?)

[Marisu]] (TMO) shrieks.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] )or the coffin?)

[Marisu]] (TMO) drops the book she was holding.

[Master] (the coffin)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (hee hee)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sorry. It was lighter than I thought

[Snezana (Spring)] what the heck?!?!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I was just seeing if I could bring it out of here

[Marisu]] (TMO) takes several deep breaths, trying to slow down her heart.

[Snezana (Spring)] but, ironwood?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is sealed. Nothing is coming out of this coffin.

[Snezana (Spring)] that is just wewird

[Marisu]] (TMO) says, her voice higher pitched than normal, "Unless you break the seal!"

Branwyn (Lisa) rights the coffin again

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't know how to do that

[Snezana (Spring)] it didn't break by addicent did it?

Marisu (TMO)] I think throwing it on the floor might do it.

Branwyn (Lisa) looks it over

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=4] 4 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[Marisu]] (TMO) leans against the counter.

[Master] no the coffin is still sealed

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Nothing to worry about

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Everything is fine

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods and picks her book back up.

Branwyn (Lisa) pats it gently and whispers "I am sorry for that."

Marisu (TMO)] (brb - gotta tuck in girly)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can bring the coffin back to our room!

[Snezana (Spring)] why would you want to?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We can get Dame Camille and figure something out.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Etienne could be in there.

[Snezana (Spring)] aren't we still in dream time? won't it vanish when we come out?

Marisu (TMO)] 9back)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not now, but tomorrow. If I can get some sleep.

Branwyn (Lisa) shakes her head

Marisu (TMO)] Do you think the Dream will last that long?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We could wake up any time I suppose.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So I guess we should get to reading.

Branwyn (Lisa) takes the scrolls Marisu indicated and lays them in a pile on the work table

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Anything else magical?

[Snezana (Spring)] i can read. want me to read some? even if i don't know what they mean?

[Snezana (Spring)] i can at least make a list

Branwyn (Lisa) walks to the shelves

[Master] and BLINK back to those outside of the room

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Can priests read a mage's writing? I didn't know they could

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (mages can't read priest scrolls)

[Snezana (Spring)] i dunno, never tried

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (but Snee would grab any non-spell books about magic or whatever is on these shelves)

[Master] so Thistle?

[Master] Mara?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Uhhhhh dunno half distracted and half alseep_

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (can't wait to teleport a coffin back to Anastacia)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Lookee what I found!)

[Mara (MarioHome)] Mara: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=5] 5 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 12!!

[Mara (MarioHome)] (any unicorn poop?)

[Master] no

[Thistle (Carissa)] ("You call that a cough, Anastacia? Here's a coff-in!)

[Master] wow

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (LOL!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sweet)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Haha at least one laugh so that's a success)

[Mara (MarioHome)] ( :0) )

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: Tumbling check: (d20) [1d20=12] 12 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

Thistle (Carissa) still running around like a mad child

Thistle (Carissa) starting to climb on statues and keep a lookout for unicorns

[Mara (MarioHome)] I suppose if the unicorn wanted us to see him again, he would present himself

[Master] smiles

[Mara (MarioHome)] did you do something to annoy it?

[Thistle (Carissa)] No. I was told playing was a good thing.

Thistle (Carissa) swinging from an outstretched arm of a statue

[Master (to Lisa only)] is branwyn going to teleport the coffin now during the Dream?

[Mara (MarioHome)] hmm

[Mara (MarioHome)] do you see any fruit trees? maybe we can offer it an apple or pear?

[Thistle (Carissa)] That lady said this could be reality or fantasy, but I don't know why it can't be both.

[Mara (MarioHome)] our horse loved pears

[Master] no

[Thistle (Carissa)] He likes greens.

Thistle (Carissa) lands and pulls some out of her pocket

[Mara (MarioHome)] oh

Mara (MarioHome) shifts gaze to the underbrush

[Thistle (Carissa)] She was collecting some at the gardenn so I grabbed some, too, if I see him again.

[Mara (MarioHome)] you have some?

Thistle (Carissa) nods

[Mara (MarioHome)] so wave it around!

[Mara (MarioHome)] wow, we have greens!

Thistle (Carissa) shrugs and starts running again with hand held high

Mara (MarioHome) gets excited

[Mara (MarioHome)] COme on Cowles, Keep up! don't expect the unicorn to wait for you

[Thistle (Carissa)] Don't worry. He'll definitely follow you around!

[Mara (MarioHome)] /moves quickly between bushes, all the time her face exposed to the sunlight

Mara (MarioHome) smile a mile wide

Thistle (Carissa) puts greens back in her pocket and falls back on the bed

[Thistle (Carissa)] This is a really comfy bed for being in a garden.

[Mara (MarioHome)] (is the unicorn's desire for purity well known?)

[Master] yes

[Mara (MarioHome)] (well, he may stay away from me

[Mara (MarioHome)] you enjoy the bed, i want to look at the statues over here

[Thistle (Carissa)] Why is there a bed in a garden?

[Thistle (Carissa)] Okay.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Go to that one over there! I makes funny faces.

[Mara (MarioHome)] even traipsing through the garden can be tiring

[Master] Lisa

[Master] Teleport?

Mara (MarioHome) admires stautes

[Mara (MarioHome)] wow, this one looks so real

[Mara (MarioHome)] what skill to create!

Marisu (TMO)] (his eyes are up there)

Thistle (Carissa) starts to snooze

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

[Mara (MarioHome)] (rofl)

[Mara (MarioHome)] true Beauty

[Mara (MarioHome)] (trying to say something to make the statue speak back)

[Master] smile

[Master] last thing for tghe night is the teleport

[Master] if LIsa comes back

[Thistle (Carissa)] (I thought she only had a single teleport?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (can't cast another one until she sleeps)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (really sleeps)

[Master] Branwyn can cast teleport and take the coffin to the guest room OR can take Marisu and Snee to the guest room

[Master] Or what ever Lisa comes up with

[Thistle (Carissa)] (She needs the spell for it first)

[Master] Branwyn has Teleport ? but not another Dimension Door right?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no she didn't memorize teleport in the stupid mist)

[Master] ok

[Carissa] (A mist-ake)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she didn't know there was a walled off lab until after she memorized for the day)

[Master] so what is happening with the group inside the lab?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (if she would have known she would have memorized differently)

[Carissa] Slumber party!

[Master] when the Dream ends

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we are back in the bedroom)

[Master] ok

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we wake where we were when the dream happens)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (thought that was out of our control)

[Master] smile just asking if you were trying anything else

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (as long as we are dreaming and in the lab we will be reading magic)

[Carissa] (Break into Richard's chambers before Dream ends and then back to bedroom)

[Master] Time of Day: 01:25 PM. Day 15 Pen ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 15th, 345 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (if the description is all we find then I can cast it for us to know that)

[Master] and you awake in your chambers

[Snezana (Spring)] ugh

Marisu (TMO)] (do we still have the scrolls?)

[Carissa] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQnzs8wl6E)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so we read the scrolls?)

[Carissa] I am back at the keyboard.

[Thistle (Carissa)] No unicorn? Aww....

[Master] yes to reading adn yes to anything you had in your hands

Thistle (Carissa) reaches into pocket and finds greens stlil there

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against : Read Magic: I can read magical writing for (11*2) 22 rounds

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we don't need Marisu to burn hers)

[Marisu]] (TMO) now has a book on summoning an obscure type of imp from a far realm.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so we play that Bran was holding one and if Marisu casts, she was holding one?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that might be worth burning the spell)

[Master] yes

[Snezana (Spring)] (snee was afraid to touch them but willing if necessary. never found out if she could read them)

Marisu (TMO)] (oh, we were each just holding a single scroll?)

[Master] Priests cannot read Mage spells but obviously things that are just study materials could be read.... if not making any sense of them

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (monster summoning III pls)

[Master] yes each is holding one item

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she should take contact other plane, but branwyn has wanted to do monster summoning for next spell session so ...)

[Master] and with that everone is back in the normal world

[Master] in the early afternoon

[Carissa] Define normal.

[Master] and back in the guest rooms

[Master] the situation is dire

Marisu (TMO)] (so does it have to be a spell she can currently cast?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Time to arm wrestle!)

[Master] no to TMO for her to take it

[Master] LOL

[Snezana (Spring)] (dire because we have a coffee shortage?)

[Carissa] lol

[Master] pOK I have to be an event in less than 7 hours

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (phantom steed for marisu?)

[Master] so I will bid you all good night

[Snezana (Spring)] nitey nite!!!

[Carissa] Good idea for that one

[Master] and you can work out details on the site

[Carissa] And all right, night all!

[Master] and next week

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Goodnight!

[Master] sweet dreams everyone

[Master] sorry to cut it short like that

Carissa has left the game on Sat Dec 01 00:10:47 EST 2018

Lisa has left the game on Sat Dec 01 00:10:50 EST 2018

Spring has left the game on Sat Dec 01 00:10:56 EST 2018

Marisu (TMO)] 1st level—unseen servant; 2nd level —rope trick, summon swarm; 3rd level—monster summoning I, phantom steed; 4th level—monster summoning II; 5th level— conjure elemental, contact other plane, monster summoning III.

MarioHome has left the game on Sat Dec 01 00:11:03 EST 2018

Marisu (TMO)] so that I can read the blasted list without it jumping all over th place

Marisu (TMO)] Phantom Steed, I think

[Master] night

Marisu (TMO)] neither 2nd feels like her, and she has Unseen Servant already

Marisu (TMO)] night

TMO has left the game on Sat Dec 01 00:11:54 EST 2018

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Sat Dec 01 17:19:29 EST 2018 ====

[Master] Shi'Nynze XP award: 150. Next level in 88152.

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 250. Next level in 183164.

[Master] Snezana XP award: 150. Next level in 43892.

[Master] [Hoffman]] XP award: 200. Next level in 17597.

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray XP award: 150. Next level in 94928.

[Master] [Marisu]] XP award: 250. Next level in 23152.

[Master] Mara XP award: 200. Next level in 4982.


XP awarded