View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / 20181102c

Chat Log - 2018 11 02 - Wedding Crashers- (Formatted)

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Nov 02 17:59:10 EDT 2018 ====

[Master] Testing new text

[Master] The main entrance into the castle is made up of a gatehouse with a drawbridge at the exterior end, gates and a portcullis at either end, and guard towers to either side. The drawbridge is 50' wide.

[Master] Good

[Master] So working along on the story arcs

[Master] waiting for food

[Master] need food badly

[Master] No John tonight

[Master] not sure about Mario but I get the feeling he will find a way

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

Spring has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 18:49:17 EDT 2018

Spring is receiving the map ground floor...

Spring has received the map ground floor.

[Spring] Ryan said he plans to be here

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Master] Hello there

[Spring] hi hi how are you?'

[Master] and yes he said he would be a bit late but would log in

[Master] life is ok

[Master] got a flat tire on the way home from work

[Spring] wow, those hardly ever happen anymore

[Master] so that threw a wrench (or a screw in a tire) into my plans

[Spring] I hope the mitigation went well

[Master] yeah the run flat worked well

[Master] but then an hour and a half at the dealer for them to figure out they cannot fix it have to replace it

[Spring] ugh

[Master] and then too late to actually get the tire as they are not in stop

[Master] stock

[Spring] that is not cool

[Master] no

[Master] and I am working tomorrow

[Master] so Nyrma will be without a car until mine gets fixed and she makes it there to get it

[Spring] :-(

[Master] just makes the day tomorrow more messy then it needs to be

[Master] I am going to test sending you a map

[Spring] k

[Master] there we go

[Spring] hey I got it

[Master] will flip over a couple more now

[Spring] without any fanfare or anything

[Spring] got that one

[Spring] with a cross in it

[Master] yeap

[Master] that is where we are starting I think

[Spring] well ok then

[Spring] it seemed to load fast

[Master] it is up to the players obviously

[Master] but I am feeling that most want to just bid the Castle farewell and get into a different story

[Spring] I think you are right

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 18:58:15 EDT 2018

Lisa is receiving the map ground floor...

[Spring] I got my wee tv hooked up to the laptop today

[Spring] so I have some extra real estate

[Spring] hi Lisa!

[Master] and so I think I have a good handle on what we are doing here in Nouvelle Averoigne

[Master] nice Spring and Hello Lisa

Lisa has received the map ground floor.

[Lisa] Hi Spring and Bob!

[Spring] BOB did a fancy trick with maps

Carissa has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 19:00:00 EDT 2018

Carissa is receiving the map ground floor...

[Spring] he made some just appear without all the loading stuff

[Lisa] wow!

[Spring] hi Carissa!

[Lisa] Hi Carissa!

Carissa has received the map ground floor.

[Master] Hello there

[Carissa] Hi all!

[Spring] how you are doing?

[Master] so three of you are here, so you have a quorum

[Master] are we continuing on the Bebbux

[Carissa] Nope

[Master] or swamping

[Spring] hehehehe

[Master] chuckles that was a total mistake

[Carissa] I didn't know it was a real question :

[Master] swapping to Nouvelle Averoigne

[Carissa] *:)

[Spring] I think it was a correct guess that we are probably ready to do just about anything else

[Carissa] Seems like a good place to pause anyways in case other group comes back that day

[Master] loading slower for Lisa

[Master] and there you go

[Master] maybe?

[Master] no

[Master] yes?

[Master] Lisa?

[Master] Spring? Carissa? you are both here?

[Spring] I am

[Master] unsure saw that Lisa dropped and then came back

[Lisa] yes

[Carissa] Yep

[Lisa] I didn't drop that I know of

[Lisa] was online elsewhere

[Master] ahh

[Master] so this is Chateau Sylare

Lisa is receiving the map Base Map...

[Master] and I will go now check the actual date and time for you

[Lisa] I am back at the keyboard.

Lisa has received the map Base Map.

[Lisa] I had black map

[Lisa] so went to my icon

Lisa has left the game on Fri Nov 02 19:09:07 EDT 2018

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 19:09:49 EDT 2018

Lisa is receiving the map ground floor...

Lisa has received the map ground floor.

Lisa is receiving the map Base Map...

[Master] Time of Day: 06:45 PM. Day 12 Lad ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 12th, 345 SKR.

Lisa has received the map Base Map.

[Master] OK

[Master] so that is the current day and time

[Spring] yay! a work friend who got laid off a few weeks ago friended me in Facebook yay

[Master] nice Spring

[Spring] I like when I don't lose people

[Master] and Lisa do you see the chance to load the Overall map?

[Spring] and she has a great username

[Spring] mcdont

[Carissa] lol

[Carissa] Are you at McDonalds again tonight?

[Spring] LOL

[Spring] nopes, I am at home. I conserved my hotspot quota so far this month

[Carissa] Nice!

[Lisa] I don't see an overall map

TMO has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 19:13:51 EDT 2018

TMO is receiving the map ground floor...

TMO has received the map ground floor.

[Master] ok going to try to send this to Lisa only

[Master] Carissa and Spring see it right?

[Lisa] hope so spring since it's the 2nd!

[TMO] yo

[Lisa] Hi tmo!

[Spring] well, my cell phone month starts on the 24th I think

[Spring] hi TMO!

[Carissa] I see it and Hi TMO!

[Master] good

[Master] and how about now? TMO? Lisa?

[Lisa] got a parchmenty map

[Spring] I still see the map with the cross on it

[Master] nice

[Lisa] Hi tmo!

[TMO] I see parchmenty map too

[Master] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0Cp1FhLEA

[Master] you are in the tavern

[Spring] starts every adventure ever

[Master] I know that Carissa posted a link with some better summary

[Master] but I could not find it just now

[Master] so

[Master] [Master] As soon as the laughter has died down, the group is approached by two strange looking individuals. The first man stands about four and a half feet tall but is clearly human, not a dwarf. His legs are short, his arms are long, his shoulders are broad. His body is covered with short, bristly white hair, though his bearded face looks normal (that is, his cheeks, nose, and forehead are not covered with hair). He walks with a curious, loping gate. As he passes, people notice him . . . and point and laugh. However, while his appearance is comical and slightly grotesque, sharp-eyed individuals may notice that the man wears fine garments of velvet and lace that look both expensive and elegant, if a little travel-worn. The second man stands deferentially a few feet behind the first. He is tall, thin, and bald except for a dignified fringe of silver hair. He is dressed like a butler, immaculately neat despite the dust on the street.

[TMO] which one is the tavern?

[Master] [Petit-Singe (Master)] Petit-Singe explains that he has been sent by Dame Camille d'Ambreville to find heroes who could locate and free her missing son, the great wizard Etienne d'Ambreville, "Le Prince-Magicien," from whatever spell or prison holds him. He is convinced that the PCs are the prophesied ones that "showers of gold rained down upon" in Dame Camille's vision. He wants the PCs to return with him to Chateau Sylaire in the guise of paid companions to the old lady.

[Carissa] td;lr Weird looking Petit-Singe (servant Wilton) asked us to rescue Dame Camille's wizard son.

[TMO] (are we diplomats tonight?)

[Carissa] Eh, most of us. Not sure Thistle is ;)

[Carissa] http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.WC-SUM

[Carissa] Oh and additional td;lr priest aren't welcomes no healing left off with deciding who Snee and Mara would be

[Carissa] ....and last bit of potential important info the Dame's daughter is the one getting married.

[Spring] thanks for the recap!

[Spring] Snee always looks like a snotty kid, so she can be a snotty kid

[Carissa] That's what I'm partially here for ;)

[Spring] snotty as in mucus down her face. not snotty as in snobbish

[Master] I started the session as the evening before arriving at the Mansion so you can plan and talk alone

[Spring] although she has learned to use a handkerchief since becoming a priest

[Master] then head out in the morning and arrive mid-morning

[Carissa] So who wants a snotty aid? Branwyn, Anastacia, or Marisu? ;)

[Carissa] Have at it, diplomats.

[TMO] who is in this group?

[Carissa] Branwyn, Marisu, Hoffman, Hugh, Snottie, Mara, Thistle

[Carissa] and Anastacia.

[Master] with Jonargh for JTom to play

[Master] and Leatherus just in case for someone

[TMO] righty-ho

[TMO] an argument could be made for any of us three to have an aide. Anastacia is the princess, Branwyn is the Leader, Marisu is the highest ranked. I'd strike Anastacia though. We already know she's a terrible liar

[Carissa] That's where we mostly left of, trying to decide who was whose aid or pretend aid.

[Carissa] I will add that Thistle probably still looks like a beggar, though.

[Spring] Snee can be a general purpose servant

[Spring] there is no real need to assign her

[Lisa] I don't think we need to be so formal do we?

[TMO] kk

[Carissa] True...could just not introduce them and then see if we get called out on it ;)

[Carissa] *introduce them as a certain position

[Lisa] just no priests waving around holy symbols blessing people :)

[Lisa] we'll be fine

[Carissa] Haha hopefully

[Carissa] And we do have 44 goodberries for healing if needed

[Carissa] Or 46. Dunno would have to check

[Lisa] too bad we couldn't teleport them to the castle

[Lisa] the berries

[Lisa] not the priests

[TMO] but, at least we can carry them!

[Carissa] Huh. And that whole time I forgot Shi could have made more berries. Sometimes I forget things.

[TMO] the berries

[TMO] not the priests

[Carissa] lol

[Lisa] :D

[Master] That you know about the place so far http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.NouvelleAveroigne

[Spring] well okay then

[Master] so feeling better

[Master] or more refreshed at least

[Thistle (Carissa)] Can I get more dessert?

[Master] any other questions to ask of Petit-Singe before?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (not for me)

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I'm sure dame Camille will fill us in on the important details)

Marisu (TMO)] Are there any other unusual social faux-pas we should be aware of?

Owner_PC-69172 has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 19:33:49 EDT 2018

Owner_PC-69172 is receiving the map ground floor...

Owner_PC-69172 has received the map ground floor.

[Spring] Hi Owner_PC!!!

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Hi 69172!)

[Spring] is it Ryan or Mario?

[Spring] or someone else?

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Countess I think that you are capable of navigating those waters

Marisu (TMO)] Bill Murray?

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles. "Forewarned is forearmed. But we will deal with it as we can."

[Spring] If it's Ryan, I also have FB messenger up in case you have sideline questions. BOB probably does too

[Owner_PC-69172] This is Ryan

[Spring] hi hi!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hello Ryan :) )

[Owner_PC-69172] hello

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Hi Ryan!)

[Spring] This is my friend Ryan whom I mentioned last week

Marisu (TMO)] (Welcome!)

[Spring] You can change your name in Edit > Preferences if you like

[Petit-Singe (Master)] (Edit Preferences to change lots of things Ryan, including your name, will let others)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] (there you go)

Petit-Singe (Master) smiles at Marisu

[Ryan[Observer]] Sorry to interrupt

[Petit-Singe (Master)] If you are the ones that Dame Camille has foretold it will all be wonderful

[Petit-Singe (Master)] (no worries Ryan, ask questions as you need, Spring and others will help you out with how to navigate Klooge and whispers, etc.)

Spring is receiving the map Base Map...

[Petit-Singe (Master)] http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.KloOgeShortcuts

Spring has received the map Base Map.

Marisu (TMO)] (I've also got Discord if that's an easier way to ask questions)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] She has been waiting for many years

mharm-15549 has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 19:40:57 EDT 2018

mharm-15549 is receiving the map ground floor...

mharm-15549 has received the map ground floor.

[Snezana (Spring)] (Hi Michael!)

[mharm-15549] K, yall. I'm actually at work. Technically I'm still working but have permission to keep chat up because they thought it was funny. So, until five I’m mostly just watching and occasional post or two. Then at 8:00 my time, I’m outtie :) Also Hai Mario/TMO :) And to everyone else, just Hi how are you? :)

[mharm-15549] And Hi Spring!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hi Michael! Put on your Hugh hat)

[mharm-15549] OH Jeese

[mharm-15549] I should have just kept working

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Hi Michael!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol)

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL)

[Snezana (Spring)] (My friend and colleague Ryan is joining us)

[mharm-15549] Yo

[Ryan(Observer)] Hello

[Snezana (Spring)] (Michael is I think the closes to being local. his family has land somewhere in the rural middle of Utah. somewhere, I forgot)

[Ryan(Observer)] Nice to be here. I will try not to be too obtrusive.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Koosharum

[Snezana (Spring)] (right!)

[Ryan(Observer)] Ah. I am also from the boonies of Utah. Nice to meet you.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] The pleasure is mine

[Master] No worries Ryan, ask questions, see how we do things

[Master] and we are about to restart a story that we last looked in on in early September

[Master] so

[Snezana (Spring)] (Michael’s name changed to Hugh just now because he clicked on the character in the list on the left and then clicked the word bubble icon)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] don't be too put off by our callous and strange actions. We're really just people who need to vent from our daily lives by killing stuff and having really complicated discussions

[Snezana (Spring)] so that's how we get into character

[Master] and are we ready to wake up in the morning?

Marisu (TMO)] (this is not the murder hobo half of the group though. we've mostly finished that half)

Branwyn (Lisa) hits snooze button

[Snezana (Spring)] (this party is the half that's going to a wedding)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY)

Marisu (TMO)] (we're the pretty people)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (mostly diplomatic)

[Ryan(Observer)] System of a Down. Perfect wedding music.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (speak for yourself!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (and for waking up ;) )

[Snezana (Spring)] (12? is 12 pretty?)

Marisu (TMO)] (prettier than me)

[Snezana (Spring)] (oh wait, appearance is 13)

[Master] Wedding Crashers is the name of the story arc Ryan if that give you a hint of what is happening

[Snezana (Spring)] (so I guess even with the runny nose, I’m not bad)

[Master] It did take Michael a month or three to catch on ;)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: APR check: (d20) [1d20=11] 11 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 11!!

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Yup pretty)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Sorry bob. I don't usually plan on destroying a couple's happy day...

[Ryan(Observer)] Wedding Crashers... hmm... is this a bank robbery?

[Master] your choice to destroy or celebrate grins

[Snezana (Spring)] (nah, we're just not actually invited)

Marisu (TMO)] (do you know many people who get married in a bank?)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] LOL

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Actually I do

[Master] so everyone is ready for the morning?

[Snezana (Spring)] (that's actually a good idea)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] next to a justice of the peace

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Sure)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Go for it bob.

[Branwyn (Lisa) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Branwyn modified: Spells - CHANGED: Detect Secret Passages and Portals -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Fireball -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Lightning Bug -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Manyjaws -- # Memorized: 2 (1),

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I'll just finish this spreadsheet..... :)

[Master] Mara: No adjustments made.

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray: No adjustments made.

[Master] [Marisu]]: No adjustments made.

[Master] Anastacia Eustace's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 45 (3) - Lightly Wounded

[Master] Branwyn: No adjustments made.

[Master] [Hoffman]]: No adjustments made.

[Master] Thistle: No adjustments made.

[Master] Snezana: No adjustments made.

[Ryan(Observer)] btw, sorry I am late. My mother wanted help moving furniture, but her text was vague enough that I mistook the date for today, rather than tomorrow. :|

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] ¯\_(?)_/¯

[Master] Time of Day: 06:15 AM. Day 13 Ced ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 13th, 345 SKR.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] We don't judge

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] ever

Petit-Singe (Master) KNOCKS KNOCKS

[Snezana (Spring)] (meh, we arrive when we can, we leave when we have to)

Marisu (TMO)] (/me is secretly judging)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] LOL

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL!)

[Ryan(Observer)] Spring does. She has documents that she keeps of everything that happens. I have seen them.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Sorry to wake you so soon but we do need to make the Manse by mid-morning

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Come in!

[Marisu]] (TMO) is looking out the window.

[Snezana (Spring)] (I just transcribe, I don't actually judge)

Thistle (Carissa) still fast asleep

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is fine. We are used to getting off to an early start

[Petit-Singe (Master)] I wanted to be sure you were awake

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We are walking?

[Petit-Singe (Master)] we will leave at the hour

[Snezana (Spring)] (I think we've been sleeping at the tavern)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] we are about a mile or two to the Chateau

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lovely. We will meet you outside then

[Petit-Singe (Master)] (for Ryan http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Drillian-TheMist )

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Thank you Marquessa

Marisu (TMO)] (the ladies are all in the same room?)

[Master] yes

Branwyn (Lisa) walks over to Thistle and gently taps her shoulder

[Master] You have the entire upper floor

Marisu (TMO)] (beat me to it Lisa. ;) )

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Time to wake, Thistle!

[Ryan(Observer)] thank you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (it might take two of us)

Thistle (Carissa) yawns and rolls over

[Thistle (Carissa)] Just....an hour more...

[Branwyn (Lisa)] An hour more and you will be here alone.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Adventurers are early risers

[Snezana (Spring)] is everything all bagged up? can I take it all down now?

[Marisu]] (TMO) starts gathering together all her gear, carefully setting aside items belonging to others as she comes across them.

Thistle (Carissa) yawns again

Marisu (TMO)] Almost!

Snezana (Spring) picks up own bag

[Thistle (Carissa)] Maybe the bad ones.

Mario-yoga has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 19:55:35 EDT 2018

Mario-yoga is receiving the map ground floor...

[Thistle (Carissa)] I'm up....

Mario-yoga has received the map ground floor.

[Snezana (Spring)] (hi Mario!!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Hi Mario!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe the ones that want to make the most of daylight!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hi Mario!)

[Mario-yoga] Hello, hello, just a quick Aloha

Thistle (Carissa) sigh, "You sound like grandma. I'm uppp."

Marisu (TMO)] (if a cantrip can be used to make someone a bit drowsy (ala weak sleep spell), then the reverse is also true)

[Master] Now Mario is getting lazy logging in only a quarter of the way around the world instead of halfway

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (oh no! You didn't really go did you?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (U uh you're in Hawaii?)

[Mario-yoga] I have to run back to the front desk, the screen I’m using is SO small I cannot read anything on it

[Mario-yoga] I will return sporadically

[Marisu]] (TMO) touches Thistle gently on the forehead and gives her a brief burst of wake-up energy.

[Mario-yoga] I’ll just set myself to AFK

[Mario-yoga] see you all soon!

[Master] Wedding Crashers, Mario, and this is Ryan

[Thistle (Carissa)] Oh! That's better than coffee. I'm really awake. Really.

[Mario-yoga] I am away from the keyboard.

[Ryan(Observer)] Hello

[Thistle (Carissa)] Did I miss breakfast?

Snezana (Spring) impressed

[Marisu]] (TMO) goes back to packing.

[Snezana (Spring)] I think we are all missing breakfast

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I've already been downstairs and had tea

[Thistle (Carissa)] Aww...

[Marisu]] (TMO) closes up her bag and sets it on the edge of her bed. "I'll go down and see if we can get anything to take with us."

Petit-Singe (Master) waiting mostly patiently outside of the Inn

[Thistle (Carissa)] I can come help you.

Marisu (TMO)] Thank you.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Snee, are you all set?

[Snezana (Spring)] yes, and I can take all the b ags down

[Marisu]] (TMO) wipes a smudge of dirt off Thistle's cheek with her thumb and they go downstairs.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Your holy symbol hidden away?

[Snezana (Spring)] definitely

[Snezana (Spring)] under multiple layers

[Snezana (Spring)] in fact I hope there is no emergency, not confident I can get to it

[Thistle (Carissa) (to Master only)] Thistle is definitely going to try to pocket extra food if given the chance :P

Snezana (Spring) shrugs, picks up the bags and takes them down

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This reminds me of the Vilmar Citadel. Except they don't like mages

Branwyn (Lisa) follows Snee

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Even you?

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Marquessa Branwyn the Mysterious is one of the most famous mages there is

[Petit-Singe (Master)] They do not allow you there?

[Petit-Singe (Master)] I am sorry there was a new name now also?>

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "Oh they allow me. The priests there just don't like me."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Count Vilmar is a wonderful man.

Marisu (TMO)] (brb)

[TMO] I am away from the keyboard.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Priests can be very disturbing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It's always something. This magic or that magic is bad.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] disturbing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It's all just magic. No matter who is doing it.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] The Family frowns on uncontrolled Priests

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I frown on some uncontrolled priests myself!

[Petit-Singe (Master)] You do not have any priests with you I trust

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Did any of us ask you for a donation?

[Marisu]] (TMO) comes out the front door with Thistle carrying a small sack of food.

Petit-Singe (Master) smiles ruefully

Branwyn (Lisa) nods

[Petit-Singe (Master)] very true they are money grubbing parasites

Marisu (TMO)] Who is?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Now now.

Snezana (Spring) slinks back into the shadows

Thistle (Carissa) pulls a pastry from her pocket and starts eating it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] They just like getting paid

[Petit-Singe (Master)] It is very fortunate that you are arriving just before the wedding

Marisu (TMO)] (completely unplanned >_>)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] it should be easy to bring you into the Chateau

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Just coincidence we have gifts)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] You can solve the mystery and make the Dame very happy

Marisu (TMO)] (definitely did NOT require several days fast-marching through dirty swamps)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If we are the chosen ones, why would it be difficult?

[(Master)] as you are walking you see a very large castle rising in the distance

Marisu (TMO)] (earth bender magic?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (guessing yes)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Not everyone believes as the Dame does that Etienne is alive, or that he needs to be saved

Marisu (TMO)] Is there anything you can tell us about the circumstances of his disappearance?

[Petit-Singe (Master)] It happened before I was born

[Marisu]] (TMO) raises her eyebrows.

[Thistle (Carissa)] Must have been a long, long time ago then.

Branwyn (Lisa) taps Thistle on the top of the head lightly

Thistle (Carissa) winces and rubs her head but shushes

[Petit-Singe (Master)] But listen carefully to the sound Of your loneliness Like a heartbeat drives you mad In the stillness of remembering what you had And what you lost, and what you had, and what you lost

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Not a philosophical quote...)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Fleetwood Mac. By default, it always will be :P)

[Master] LOL

Marisu (TMO)] (is that a song quote?)

[Master] Just have to get through these two story arcs and we will revert to something else

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All of this mage finding will have to occur after the wedding you know.

Marisu (TMO)] (murder-poo?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Dreams - theme of the night ;) )

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes a lovely murder)

Marisu (TMO)] (someone gets it!)

[Snezana (Spring)] :-P

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I get Murder By Death)

Marisu (TMO)] (you betcha)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

[Petit-Singe (Master)] I cannot say what will be important for you

[Master] (sorry brb, then descriptions of the surroundings for you)

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

Branwyn (Lisa) shakes her head

[Snezana (Spring)] (I forgot, it's been so long since we did this half of the party, we don't have like a cart or anything anymore do we?)

Marisu (TMO)] We can try to multi-task. Some of the guests might know something about Etienne.

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers to Marisu "Let's just use this to get through this wedding and then we can leave"

[Snezana (Spring)] (when we left all the skiffs behind)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no we didn’t bring one)

Marisu (TMO)] (I have very vague memories of the module he's using. I remember it was fun to read as a kid)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Earlier td;lr the missing wizard is brother of bride-to-be)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we're only a couple days away from the castle)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Only thing big is Hugh carrying the chest of silver. No cart that I remember)

Marisu (TMO)] (I've been very careful not to go looking for it once I recognized it)

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers "Seriously, we lost a mage somewhere in Drillian, go find him!"

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Master] It is from 1995

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We could get stuck wandering around for a week!

[Master] so at least all of you were born by then right?

Marisu (TMO)] (That late???? NO)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Haha yes)

[Master] Ryan is suspiciously quiet on that one

Marisu (TMO)] (I was out of college. I thought it was an Expert D&D game system module, which would have been long gone by 95)

[Master] it is only 23 years ago

[Master] Michael?

[Ryan(Observer)] It was the golden age of cartoon television...

[Master] but in any case

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Sorry, still working

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] What?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (why are we talking about 1995?)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I was born in 92

[Snezana (Spring)] (it's when this module was written)

[Master] back to 345

Marisu (TMO)] (You are using a different edition. this is the one *I* remember: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Amber_(module))

Marisu (TMO)] (Printed 1981)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Huh

[Snezana (Spring)] (oh!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Yeah I wasn't born yet)

Marisu (TMO)] (whoops)

[Master] arriving at the Castle

Marisu (TMO)] (sorry)

[Master] X: Main Gate The main entrance into the castle is made up of a gatehouse with a drawbridge at the exterior end, gates and a portcullis at either end, and guard towers to either side. The drawbridge is 50' wide.

[Master] the X on the map there

Marisu (TMO)] Take notes, Marquessa. You may want to use some of this.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Master] Just as you enter the gates - V: Barracks This building houses the guards permanently assigned to the defense of the castle.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't think I can afford any of this

[Master] and to the right inside of the gate

[Master] IV: Craftsmen's Quarter. This building houses a score of various types of craftsmen (woodworkers, leatherworkers, smiths, jewelers, etc.) and their workshops.

Marisu (TMO)] I believe I've read of spells that can move and shape stone in some of my training.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] The barracks and the Craftsmen's quarter are always busy

[Petit-Singe (Master)] We are going to go past the Living Garden on the way to the Chateau

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "A mage that can shape this much stone is a mage I'd like to meet"

Marisu (TMO)] Living Garden?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe it's our lost one

[Thistle (Carissa)] All gardens are living,.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] This garden has a life of its own

Marisu (TMO)] True, but the fact that they call it that implies something special.

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Perhaps you can pay it a visit tomorrow or the next day

Marisu (TMO)] I'd like that, thank you.

[Master] Maison Sylaire is a strange-looking building when viewed from the outside. The structure is about a thousand feet long, built on a massive scale. Most of the mansion is two stories high, except for the domes on the huge octagon at the junction of the three wings, which rise to the equivalent of three stories in height. From the octagon's center protrudes a massive stone tower twice the height of the rest of the mansion. The exterior of the mansion is an veined amber-colored marble, an entire quarry's worth, given its color through magical spells. The tower emerging from the center, however, is of pure, unstained white marble. The roof of the octagon has six domes surrounding the spot where the tower emerges, each made up of gold-tinted glass enchanted to the strength of steel.

[Master] Time of Day: 10:52 AM. Day 13 Ced ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 13th, 345 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is beautiful!

Marisu (TMO)] (how does this compare to the royal chateau or Marisu's home?)

Marisu (TMO)] (just on a rough scale)

[Master] three or four times the size of Marisu's home

Marisu (TMO)] (k, that's about what I was guessing)

Marisu (TMO)] (just wanted to make sure)

Mario-yoga has left the game on Fri Nov 02 20:28:58 EDT 2018

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods in agreement. "Very impressive."

[Master] Petit is bringing you to the western corner

[Master] sending a new map

[Master] loading slow for Lisa

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] one sec, trying to resize my screen is going funky

Marisu (TMO)] (I've got it)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] There we go

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] thanks bob

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no I have it)

[Master] and there we go

[Master] and on the map now

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I just didn't say anything)

Marisu (TMO)] (Ryan - are you keeping up so far?)

[Ryan(Observer)] Yep

Marisu (TMO)] (cool)

[Snezana (Spring)] (BRB gotta feed cats before they slay and eat me)

[Spring] I am away from the keyboard.

[Master] It is a short ride from the gate to the mansion itself; as they go, Petit-Singe will point out various features of the grounds: the guards' barracks, the craftsmen's quarters, the carriage house and stables, the living garden, and of course the house itself. On the way, they pass a small group of men-at-arms heading the other way—clearly the escort for another party that arrived just before they did as they stop before the portico. Upon Petit-Singe's knock, the grand double doors are opened by Old Emile;

[Ryan(Observer)] Sorry, I've also been reading through the module info on the website. Plus, don't want to drag things off-topic and disrupt the flow :)

[Master] you can whisper to someone by doing a forward slash and their name

[Master (to Ryan(Observer) only)] this is a whisper to you only

[Ryan(Observer) (to Spring only)] testing

[Master] so you can ask questions of players as you wish without it disturbing as you wish

[Ryan(Observer)] k, thank you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (FYI - I will not read the module so I will always be surprised whether I roll for it or not)

Marisu (TMO)] (same here Lisa)

[Spring] I am back at the keyboard.

[Master] He meant the Story Arc info not the actual module as no one knows what I am actually doing, grins

Marisu (TMO)] (I only looked it up because the 1995 just sounded so off from what I remembered. ;) They must have reprinted or updated it,, and that's the version Bob has)

[Snezana (Spring) (to Ryan(Observer) only)] whisper works

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (ohhh the website)

[Snezana (Spring) (to Ryan(Observer) only)] it's a little harder to whisper you because I have to type Ryan(Observer) LOL

[Master] The heroes are indeed arriving on the heels of another party; the foyer is crowded with servants handling baggage and family members greeting the entourage of the recent arrival—a stunningly beautiful noblewoman with long brown hair in a flowing dress of deep blue silk. An imposing, handsome dark-haired man is kissing her hand formally while the two converse.

[Ryan(Observer) (to Spring only)] lol

[Master] and whisper works as long as you type in enough of the name so just Ryan works not the whole name

[Thistle (Carissa)] (He's doing 20% of it, right? Scratched most of it thanks to us ;P)

[Master] heck L works for Lisa

Marisu (TMO)] (he scratched some of his possible off-shoot arcs, but the main one at least is still live. ;) )

[Snezana (Spring)] oh thanks BOB

[Snezana (Spring)] I did not know that

Marisu (TMO)] (L never works)

Marisu (TMO)] ;)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (For now. But we only just arrived. We're good at derailing ;) )

[Master] LOL

[Master] LOL

[Snezana (Spring)] (I could have been whispering at Michael the whole time and never did)

[Master] so you are there at the doors and everyone is ready.......

Snezana (Spring) keeping a low profile behind everybody else

[Marisu]] (TMO) arranges her dress to hang right, and cantrips the road dust away.

Branwyn (Lisa) watches the party in front of them and gives a little sigh

[Master] Petit-Singe moved 46'08".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We will be given a room to change before the wedding?

[Petit-Singe (Master)] I can arrange that for you yes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I was not walking 2 miles in a formal dress)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you.

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] Petit..... It is so disappointing to see you, I had hoped you were dead

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] Good help is so hard to find

Petit-Singe (Master) bows

[Petit-Singe (Master)] Dame Camille is well versed in having me arrive on time

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (I was unaware that this had become game of thrones bob. Jeeze :) )

[Thistle (Carissa)] (So will wedding be red or purple?)

Marisu (TMO)] (this way predates that. ;) )

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Red

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol)

[(Master)] Hearing her name, the grand lady, Camille, shuffles her way to the front of the crowd, looking a little dazed, her makeup applied just wrong (her nose and her right cheek are rouged instead of both cheeks, and only the left side of her face is powdered). She smiles and extends her arms toward the player characters as though they were old friends, embracing each in turn while Petit-Singe asks them to introduce themselves to her. By now the servants have long since departed with the luggage, and most of the family members drift away as well while this is going on, though Genevieve will linger for a long, evaluative look at the party before heading on into the mansion.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Also BRB signing off at work)

[Snezana (Spring)] (source material?)

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville moved 7'05".

[Master] Branwyn moved 32'00".

[Master] Thistle moved 26'04".

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 36'05".

[Master] Snezana moved 40'06".

[Master] Anastacia Eustace moved 42'04".

[Master] Old man moved 53'09".

[Master] Old man targets Petit-Singe. Distance: 1'00"

[Master] Old man targets [Marisu]]. Distance: 3'03"

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 37'00".

Marisu (TMO)] It is so good to see you, Madame. Thank you for inviting us.

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] Invite?

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] INVITE

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Oh yes dear

Thistle (Carissa) opens her mouth to point out the makeup, glances at Branwyn, and decides to hold her tongue.

Marisu (TMO)] (I did remember that scenario right?)

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) squints, I am certain that Richard has forgotten who you are

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles and nods at Thistle

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] could you please

[Thistle (Carissa)] (She had the vision so kind of yes)

Marisu (TMO)] (iirc Petit told us that we'd cover it by saying she invited us)

Marisu (TMO)] (but that was a couple of months ago)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Sounds about right)

Branwyn (Lisa) flashes a glance at Anastacia

[Marisu]] (TMO) steps forward. "May I present the Princess Anastacia Eustace?"

Marisu (TMO)] (I've blanked on the last name. *shame*)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Eustace)

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) smile nodding distantly, distracted

Marisu (TMO)] (thank you!!! insert that into the introduction)

Richard d'Ambreville (Master) stiffens, Welcome Princess, Heir

Marisu (TMO)] (and now we pause to let Bob talk to Bob)

Anastacia Eustace (Master) executes a perfectly proper curtsey and sway

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL)

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I am glad to have a chance to visit such a LOYAL estate

Richard d'Ambreville (Master) mouth tightens, Of course

Richard d'Ambreville (Master) BOWS deeper

Branwyn (Lisa) shuts her eyes for a moment hoping they can just go change clothes

Marisu (TMO)] (let me know when social cues tell Marisu to continue)

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] now

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Back)

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] (TMO is continuing the introductions)

Marisu (TMO)] (one sec, looking something up real quick)

[Snezana (Spring)] (Ryan have you seen this? https://thefoodtruckleague.com/thehub/ - posting in the clear so everybody else can be jealous)

Marisu (TMO)] "And accompanying us is Marquessa Branwyn the Mysterious, Princess of Cornelia, recently Ambassador to Dryads Lair."

Branwyn (Lisa) curtseys to Dame Camille and Richard

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (there's only 7 of us)

[Ryan(Observer)] (I hadn't seen that but I will certainly look into it)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Yes to jealous)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I’m hungry

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (That was OOC)

Marisu (TMO)] (I'm full)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (BOB THAT WAS OOC)

[Snezana (Spring)] (I am getting hungry. may have to go make a pickup)

Branwyn (Lisa) looks up at the two "It is a pleasure to be here."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't believe I have seem a more impressive castle and grounds.

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] It has always been good to see you dear

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles and nods

Marisu (TMO)] (say when)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (when )

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) looking at the toe of her shoe

Marisu (TMO)] (wasn't sure if Richard would respond directly or not)

Richard d'Ambreville (Master) frowns at Petit

[Thistle (Carissa)] (There you go)

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] It is good to meet you Marquessa

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] Your reputation has proceeded you

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] I was not aware you would be here for our event

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good things I hope

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] I am certain that it will be for an interesting reception

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We only have good wishes for the happy couple

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] Of course

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] you are well known for that

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] you have ideals

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] it is a good thing

[Richard d'Ambreville (Master)] Sacrificing one’s ideals for any goal, no matter how noble, negates the worth of that goal

[Snezana (Spring)] (you trying to say something, pal?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you. I agree.

[Snezana (Spring)] (I sense some slights and digs)

Marisu (TMO)] (if politicking is does properly, then every sentence should contain those)

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles and glances at Marisu to keep going

[Master] Thunder only happens when it's raining Players only love you when they're playing Women, they will come and they will go When the rain washes you clean, you'll know

[Marisu]] (TMO) curtsies. "And this is Hugh D'Ambray, a distant relation of your family."

Marisu (TMO)] (don't know if Michael is able to post or not)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] You are Ginnies boy?

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Bows stiffly, eyes remaining locked on Richard's eyes. "A pleasure"

[Snezana (Spring)] (how do you say thank you for inviting me into your bigoted atheist home in politics?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (LOL)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Glances to Camille and gives a small shake of the head.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (why Snee was not the ambassador)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Loretta D'Ambray Madam

Marisu (TMO)] Thank you for inviting me into your house. It is beautiful to gaze upon."

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] A very distant branch if any relation

[Snezana (Spring)] (hehehe)

[Ryan(Observer) (to Spring only)] for me, it is "Hi, father in law"

Marisu (TMO)] (I'm not a born politicker, so I'd have to work longer to come up with better ones)

[Master] Branwyn moved 46'10".

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at Petit-Singe

[Snezana (Spring) (to Ryan(Observer) only)] LOL!!

[Master] Anastacia Eustace moved 59'10".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 52'02".

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 11'02".

[Master] Snezana moved 17'10".

[Master] Thistle moved 22'04".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Perhaps you could allow us to freshen up from the road?

[Master] we will say you introduce the rest

[Master] letting Snee and Thistle blend in with them

Marisu (TMO)] (I was interested in his reaction to a Doeskin being with the Princess. ;) )

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm sure Dame Camille has preparations to attend to as well

[Master] He seems to be distracted by something and it went over his head

Thistle (Carissa) watching the Dame with interest the whole time

Marisu (TMO)] (cool)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (did you do you?)

[Master] and going to insert the room description now so you know what to expect around these parts

Marisu (TMO)] (I did not get to it. She was introducing the others first. I believe that's proper)

[Master] This is a large reception chamber. Visitors to the estate are directed to enter the mansion through the exterior door here

[Master] The walls are gold-tinted wood paneling, and the floor is covered with a spotless amber-colored carpet. Forty delicate- looking bow-legged chairs with embroidered seats and backs line the walls; immense brass candelabras flank the two doorways leading from the room.

[Master] There is always a family servant on duty in the room; during most waking hours, it is Old Emile, the Door warden.

Marisu (TMO)] (and was going to skip the non-noble/non-relatives completely)

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) takes Branwyn's arm

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Dear

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] it is so good to see you again

Branwyn (Lisa) pats her arm "And you as well."

[Master] This is a gallery leading from the Foyer to the Hall of Mirrors. The west wall features many high windows looking out over the lawn west of the mansion; on the east wall are portraits of deceased members of the d'Ambreville family (including Michel and Marcel and their ancestors). The floor and walls are a somber, dark wood.

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville moved 57'02".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] May we take you to freshen up as well? Wedding days are such busy days

[Master] Branwyn moved 40'05".

[Master] Branwyn targets Camille d'Ambreville. Distance: 1'05"

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] It is so sweet of Lorie to come too

[Marisu]] (TMO) follows Branwyn.

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] it has been so long that I have seen Benjamin

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville and Branwyn moved 41'09".

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Oh goodie I love being dead)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] (the rest of you can follow or stay with Richard..... )

Thistle (Carissa) following

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] following

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (We gotta get ready)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Fortune teller is interested in the other fortune teller)

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville and Branwyn moved 29'11".

[(Master)] This is a preposterously broad hallway running east to west. The floor is polished white marble; a 10' wide red carpet runs down the center of the hall, from the Hall of Paintings to the exit at the far (east) end, with sideline strips leading to the stairways (area 4) and to the doorways to rooms 5, 6, 7, and 8. The walls are set from floor to ceiling with thousands of one-foot-square glass mirrors inset in an irregular pattern. The entire ceiling is one huge mirror. The hall is lit by globes of gilded glass set in various places along the wall and enchanted with continual light spells. The result is that this hallway is a glittering work of chaotic art. Family members sometimes collect up handfuls of dust to throw up into the air here, so as to see the beams of light crisscrossing the hallway from mirror to mirror.

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville and Branwyn moved 104'06".

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Dust here has been known to cause seizures and cancer in the state of California)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] The winter has been so cold

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] it feels like it will never end

[Marisu]] (TMO) waves a hand gently and watches the multitude of reflections.

[Master] Branwyn and Camille d'Ambreville moved 162'10".

Lisa has left the game on Fri Nov 02 21:09:08 EDT 2018

Snezana (Spring) sticks close by the others, trying to remain unobtrusive

[Snezana (Spring)] (Lisa is not having the lucky connection tonight)

Mario-yoga has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 21:09:53 EDT 2018

Mario-yoga is receiving the map ground floor...

Mario-yoga has received the map ground floor.

[Snezana (Spring)] (hi again Mario!)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Aloha!)

[Master] Mario she is on the right map

[Master] go on and load that

[Mario-yoga] omg I can see the map finally, but my chat panel is off screen and can’t get to it

[Master] Dock chat

[Master] and resize things

[Master] it will be a map above the chat

[Marisu]] (TMO) moves up next to Dame Camille. "Thank you again from bringing us here. You must tell us everything that has happened recently."

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] going out the door into the gardens

[(Master)] The Octagon, the great eight-sided hub of the mansion, is an atrium 360' across and 50' high—essentially a huge, roofed-over open space.

Mario-yoga has left the game on Fri Nov 02 21:13:30 EDT 2018

Marisu (TMO)] (I'm assuming this is not the way to our changing room?)

[(Master)] This area is a carefully cultivated park. It is thickly grown with trees, especially oaks, though there are numerous secluded glades among them—perfect for trysting lovers. In the center of the area stands le Tour Sylaire, a tall tower of white marble that rises all the way to the ceiling of the atrium and beyond. Inside the atrium everything, including the marble of the tower, looks a little gold due to the golden glass of the skylights. A footpath of flat, circular stones set into the earth circles the tower and provides side-paths leading to the four exits from the park. Looking up through the trees, visitors can see the atrium's ceiling 50' up, inset with six domes of reinforced golden glass that allow light, slightly gold-tinted, to shine into the park. There is no artificial light of any sort here; when it becomes dark outside, it's even darker in the park.

[(Master)] 14: Stairways These two circular stairways curve up from the ground floor to provide access to the second-stories of the east and west wings. The stairways are not enclosed in any way.

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) leading the way up the stairway near the door

[Marisu]] (TMO) follows closely behind, in case the elderly ady should trip or fall.

[Master] pausing for a moment to see what happened with Lisa and Mario

[Master] in the meantime sending a new map to everyone

Marisu (TMO)] (roger)

Marisu (TMO)] (I’ll brb too)

[Snezana (Spring)] (I have the new map)

[Master] everyone seems to have that one

Marisu (TMO)] (yes)

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 21:15:45 EDT 2018

Lisa is receiving the map ground floor...

Lisa has received the map ground floor.

[Master] Lisa settled?

[Master] Will send you another new map

Lisa is receiving the map first level...

Lisa has received the map first level.

[Master] after that has loaded

[Master] there you go

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sorry - had to restart modem)

[Master] and now moving people up to the second level

[Master] Guards are stationed at these three points in the main hallway. Two human guards stand at the east end of the hall and two at the west; in

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville moved 18'11".

[Master] Branwyn moved 20'06".

[Master] Branwyn targets Camille d'Ambreville. Distance: 2'01"

Marisu (TMO)] (back - had to get out of work clothes)

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville moved 8'09".

[Master] Branwyn moved 14'01".

[Master] Branwyn targets Camille d'Ambreville. Distance: 0'03"

Mario-yoga has joined the game on Fri Nov 02 21:20:02 EDT 2018

Mario-yoga is receiving the map ground floor...

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) still nattering on about inconsequential things

Mario-yoga has received the map ground floor.

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] leading Branwyn along

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville and Branwyn moved 39'08".

[(Master)] This suite is decorated in an airy fashion, draped with white lace from Erewan and lost Caurenze, furnished with chairs and divans of light and timeless design. One table in the living chamber features a crystal ball and a deck of prophesying cards; a nearby cage holds her pet canary, Pierre. A painting of long-dead Michel d'Ambreville ("Old Michel") hangs beside the window in the bedroom. The bed is a canopied fourposter draped with veils of pastel silk. Though Camille suffered years of diminished mental capacity, the household's maids have kept her chambers scrupulously clean and neat. Some 2,500 gp worth of jewelry is to be found in one place or another throughout the room.

[Master] Branwyn and Camille d'Ambreville moved 4'08".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh my!

[Master] Anastacia Eustace, Hugh D'Ambray, Snezana, Mara, [Marisu]] and Thistle moved 46'11".

Mario-yoga is receiving the map second level and attics...

Mario-yoga has received the map second level and attics.

[Mario-yoga] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This room is lovely.

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (anyone care to supply a very brief quick synopsis?)

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray, Snezana, Mara, Anastacia Eustace, [Marisu]], Camille d'Ambreville, Branwyn and Thistle moved 25'09".

[Master] Petit-Singe and Old man moved 64'01".

[Master] Old man moved 15'06".

[Master] Petit-Singe moved 2'02".

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks over the table with crystal ball and cards, but doesn't touch.

[Master] Camille d'Ambreville moved 7'01".

Thistle (Carissa) glances over before moving to try to look at the deck of cards

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Would you like to sit down?

[Snezana (Spring)] (well we are inside now)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Thistle: Fortune Telling check: (d20) [1d20=15] 15 - ROLL FAILED against 13!!

Branwyn (Lisa) leads her to a divan

[Snezana (Spring)] (Richard is kind of a Dick)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (What a nice set of cards)

Marisu (TMO)] (yah. we got here, introduced ourselves to Richard, and are up here with the scattered old Dame Camille to get ourselves ready and dressed for the wedding)

[Snezana (Spring)] (the important people have been properly introduced and we hope to change clothes now)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (That Spring, is one of the best lines on this game. I'm copying that one)

[Marisu]] (TMO) carefully watches Thistle to make sure she disturbs nothing.

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (thank you!)

Thistle (Carissa) shoots Marisu a grin

[Marisu]] (TMO) winks at her.

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL Michael)

Branwyn (Lisa) takes out a handkerchief and carefully raises it "Would you mind...?"

[(Master)] Camille will chat in disjointed, non-sequitur fashion as they walk, Wilton and Petit-Singe bringing up the rear in respectful silence. Once the group is safely in Camille's living chamber, her vagueness will vanish instantly. While Wilton prepares tea, she turns to Petit-Singe, nods, and together they cast detect magic spells with overlapping areas of effect aimed at one another, enabling them to detect any attempt to spy on the party via wizard eye, clairaudience, or some similar magic. Then she sits down, gestures for the PCs to be seated themselves,

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) nods to Petit

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Very good

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] No one can disturb us now

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Welcome my dears

Branwyn (Lisa) lets her arm drop down

Branwyn (Lisa) sits

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Thank you for saving my son

Marisu (TMO)] (@Ryan - one of the biggest differences in this online gaming and sitting around the table is it's slower paced. We really don't know if someone else is about to say or do something except for a small hint, and so we're constantly waiting to avoid talking over or conflicting with someone else. It's just one of the facts of this gameplay. But the game itself is just as good.)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (Hi Ryan)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] There is an indicator that someone is typing next to their name, at least on the DM side so I know when someone is about to say something

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am sorry Dame Camille ...

[Ryan(Observer)] (Hello)

[Snezana (Spring)] (sometimes we have multithreaded conversations. that's fun)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Branwyn the Mysterious

Marisu (TMO)] (here too, that's the only hint we get)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Player side too)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] When you daughter is in danger you will understand

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I am very glad that the fates choose you to come and save my son

[Snezana (Spring)] (wait, there's an indicator?)

Branwyn (Lisa) brow furrows slightly

[Ryan(Observer)] (It's been a while since I played MUDs, but it kind of reminds me of those. Nostalgic fun)

Marisu (TMO)] (little black box with red dots on the player's name in the list on the left)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (three red dots next to the actual person's name when they are typing)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (not the character)

[Snezana (Spring)] (the list on the left of the map or the list on the left of the chat?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It would be an honor to assist you, but unfortunately Petit-Singe did not give us much in the way of details

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (map)

Marisu (TMO)] (left of the map)

[Ryan(Observer)] (My left or your left?)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] He was instructed to not do that

Marisu (TMO)] (the right left, not the wrong one)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] (and Ryan is fitting in well)

[Snezana (Spring)] (hmmm my list is about like 4 pixels wide)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] My only daughter is getting married tomorrow

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (click the map, then press the 1 key)

Branwyn (Lisa) nods "Then you may tell us more about him then"

[Snezana (Spring)] (wondering how I would even see dots, I can't really see the icons)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I need you to rescue my son

[Snezana (Spring)] (1 key is doing nothing)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (the 1 key opens and closes that window)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Who has taken him?

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I do not know

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] you need to know more?

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] about me? about my son?

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] was it a snail male/

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] it has been a while that I have been out in the rest of the world

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It would help to know as much as possible

Marisu (TMO)] (NO MORE SNAILS)

[Snezana (Spring)] (there are a lot of key board shortcuts that just don't work for me. I have to wonder if it's a keyboard language setting or something)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (LOL)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Etienne was a great mage to start

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (grr, back to the desk, I'll be back)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] my husband died fighting with Farthorn in the wildlands

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (have fun storming the castle)

Marisu (TMO)] (it's the campaign tree, I believe)

[Mario-yoga] I am away from the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm sorry to hear that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (formatting chat this week is gonna be a bitch)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What sort of mage was your son?

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Wait how old is she??)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (Damn lack of elves)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] (did I guide the group to not have any elves with it?..... really?)

[Thistle (Carissa)] (You? Planned ahead? Never)

Marisu (TMO)] (shock and amazement)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (ok wake me when you want to IC)

[Snezana (Spring)] (ok I found hide campaign tree in the preferences menu, but all it did was hide it. nothing makes it any bigger)

[Lisa] I am away from the keyboard.

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] (Mario hopes to be back by 11)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] My Son... Powerful and eccentric, Etienne could be very patient with a promising student at the Great School of Magic and very impatient with anyone trying to manipulate him for their own ends. Once he made a decision, he was stubborn and hard-headed in its implementation. Although he proved a good ruler of the domain, his true love was for magical research, and he devoted all the time he could to it (his absorption in his work was one reason for the failure of his marriage to Catharine). Only those who knew him best, like Genevieve and Dame Camille, saw the mischievous side of his nature and his warped sense of humor—

Marisu (TMO)] Petit-Singe said it's been a long time since Etienne disappeared? Why are you certain he's still alive?

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] What He Says: "The only difference between fools and family is that you feel guilty after throwing fireballs at fools."

[Marisu]] (TMO) chuckles. "That sounds like my family."

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] You are free to roam the castle as you wish

[Lisa] I am back at the keyboard.

Marisu (TMO)] (that is an invitation that has gone very very wrong for us in the past)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] You are a rank above the servants who do physical labor—cooking, cleaning, waiting on tables, laundry, and the like. As "paid companions," you're

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] my servants first and the family's second. Still, if a member of the family gives you a direct order, it would be wise to obey it. Otherwise, you are free to wander the mansion as you wish;

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I will warn the Golems that you are allowed to visit

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that was IC?)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] (yes)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (she just told us we are a step above servants?)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Yes

Branwyn (Lisa) stands "Unless your son got lost in the castle somewhere, I am not sure our wandering through it will be of any use"

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Not all that wander are lost

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] and not all that are lost can be found by searching

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (LOTR right there folks)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] sometimes it takes a special someone to discover what is missing

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks to the brilliant genius wizard to understand mystical riddles.

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] You are the special someone Branwyn

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Or maybe it is your daughter

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I think it is you

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] This Mist is confusing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes it is.

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I have set you in guest rooms down the hall (room 73-75)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] How are you able to perform divination in it, may I ask?

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] you should clean up

Branwyn (Lisa) nods her head towards the table

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] There will be a reception this evening

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] you should be ready

Marisu (TMO)] (so we have all day to wander and poke our noses?)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] please do not kill any of my Sister's children

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] (fixing the time when you get to your rooms)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] unless you have to

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Why in the world would we kill anyone?

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Richard would kill me if he could

Marisu (TMO)] (/me looks at our track history)

[Snezana (Spring)] (hope they don't mean to attack us)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] if he thought I had regained my memory

Camille d'Ambreville (Master) nods at Petit

[Snezana (Spring)] (I KNEW he was a Dick)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] You should go

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] I will see you at the dance

Branwyn (Lisa) nods and turns to leave

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 122'06".

[Master] Branwyn moved 143'11".

[Master] Mara moved 145'06".

[Thistle (Carissa)] (lol to Spring; points for that)

[Master] Anastacia Eustace moved 141'08".

[Master] Branwyn moved 9'10".

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 23'07".

[Master] Snezana moved 147'06".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 148'01".

[Master] Thistle moved 144'05".

[Snezana (Spring)] (twice for the same joke, that is awesome)

[Master] [Hoffman]] moved 7'01".

[Master] Last minute questions?

[Snezana (Spring)] (but I really do hope we don't have to kill anybody in this lovely palace)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (IC or OOC?)

[Master] IC

[Master] of the Dame

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (to? Camille didn't answer any of the ones I asked)

[Master] this is true

Marisu (TMO)] Do you have a picture of Etienne?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so why would Branwyn ask more?)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] There should be a painting somewhere of him

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks to Petit-Singe.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] His library is in the castle?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I would like to see that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And his laboratory

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] Petit will show you tomorrow

Branwyn (Lisa) nods

[Master] Time of Day: 01:24 PM. Day 13 Ced ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 13th, 345 SKR.

[(Master)] and it is early afternoon when you make it to your rooms

[(Master)] after a couple of somewhat confusing conversations

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (are we alone?)

[Camille d'Ambreville (Master)] yes

[Master] yes

[Master] sorry

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at Anastacia

Marisu (TMO)] (Dame Camille sticks her head into the room. "Yes, you are alone!")

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What exactly do you want to get out of this whole thing?

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I want to get back to the Queen

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good. That makes two of us

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] truth be told if the Bolpels are here I would not mind killing them

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] but I defer to the Ambassador for that

[Marisu]] (TMO) says nothing.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So we go to the wedding. You and Hugh can deliver the gifts and we can leave when this is done

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Etienne probably got himself killed running around looking for spell components

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] She seems to be ......

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] uncertain

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] is that a good word for it?

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs "Who's the Ambassador?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I've removed that title

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Her Majesty has removed it rather

[Marisu]] (TMO) lays out the dresses and looks for wrinkles or imperfections.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] For which I am eternally grateful

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I am certain you are far more of one than I am

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I can defend the crown and my Queen

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] you can defend the Kingdom

[Branwyn (Lisa)] She didn't seem uncertain to me. She seemed quite sure of what she was doing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You may roam the castle as little better than a servant. It doesn't bother me that terribly much but to tell you to do that?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Or you, Marisu?

Anastacia Eustace (Master) shrugs

[Marisu]] (TMO) doesn't look up from her work, "My status has been so uncertain lately I don't even notice any more. I may wind up doing just that."

Marisu (TMO)] But no, it's not what I'm used to.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That will not happen, Marisu.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] She seems to find worth in you Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can't imagine how.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Did someone say something about mages?

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I know I heard priests are bad

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] does that mean mages are good?

Branwyn (Lisa) starts to take off her clothes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Apparently

Marisu (TMO)] If she can actually perform divination through the Mist, she may have seen something.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] (Hugh.....)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Everyone wants magic

[Ryan(Observer)] (covers eyes)

[Snezana (Spring)] they seem to be pretty pro-mage around here

[Marisu]] (TMO) brings Branwyn's dress to her.

Branwyn (Lisa) looks back at Hugh

[Snezana (Spring)] (ha!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] /urm sorry

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sorry. Phillipe used to come in while I was changing all the time

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Bows

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I got used to it eventually

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I'll wait until you're done to get ready

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thanks, Marisu.

Marisu (TMO)] Lord Tiberius may not feel the same way.

Branwyn (Lisa) slips her Mist dress over her head

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Turns and walks out the room, carefully checking for any potential dangers on eh way out and blushing furiously

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 17'04".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 38'02".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 52'06".

Marisu (TMO)] (not like we haven't been on the road together for months)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Thinks to himself: "Gods, don't want to have this conversation with Neith"

[Master] [Hoffman]] moved 26'10".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Better change quickly ladies so Hugh can come back in

Branwyn (Lisa) grins

Marisu (TMO)] (good thing you left her at the vampire's castle with the baby)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Into what?

[Master] and poor Ryan just watches all this go by and wonders what the hell have they been doing?

Branwyn (Lisa) pulls the sash around her waist and ties it

Snezana (Spring) changes quickly

Marisu (TMO)] (that's why I posted that. :) )

[Snezana (Spring)] (trudging through marshes)

[Ryan(Observer)] (Curse my observer title)

[Snezana (Spring)] (we knew we would get messy so we brought a change of clothes)

[Master] HAH at Ryan

[Marisu]] (TMO) changes into her dress and brushes her hair.

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (better)

[Snezana (Spring)] (hahahaha)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hugh! I think it is safe to come in!

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 14'07".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 35'07".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 45'05".

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Grunts

Branwyn (Lisa) puts up her hair

Marisu (TMO)] (between Anastacia, Branwyn, and Marisu, we have almost every way of hurting a person covered)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] My turn?

Marisu (TMO)] (so watch yourself, Ryan. ;) )

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And what is all this talk about daughters?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I would really like to learn the secrets of divination here

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (Spring and I discussed my role. I will be a bard, and play background music to accompany your fights)

[Thistle (Carissa)] Grandmother knows about her.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (LOL)

[Master] Ariette moved 2'07".

[Master] Ariette targets Hugh D'Ambray. Distance: 1'09"

[Master] Ariette targets Mara. Distance: 5'08"

[Master] Ariette targets [Marisu]]. Distance: 5'11"

Marisu (TMO)] (Anastacia is weapons, Branwyn is magic, and Marisu is charisma)

Ariette (Master) knocks

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (And Mara carries the chest)

Ariette (Master) enters quietly

Marisu (TMO)] I remember her mentioning your daughter, Marquessa.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Snee is adventure and healing)

[Ariette (Master)] I have your linens

Ariette (Master) glances around

Marisu (TMO)] (Mara *is* the chest. and I wasn't putting the others down by excluding them)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (I can also act as a pack mule if the need arises)

[Ariette (Master)] whispers, You really should leave when you can, this whole family is mad

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (where is Mario when you need him)

Branwyn (Lisa) softly "I noticed"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Are you safe?

[Ariette (Master)] whispers no one is

Ariette (Master) backs quietly out of the room

Ariette (Master) closes the door

[Master] Ariette moved 5'03".

Branwyn (Lisa) looks around the room "You heard that?"

[Marisu]] (TMO) closes her mouth on her unasked question. "Well, that was new."

[Snezana (Spring)] nodding

Branwyn (Lisa) tucks spell components in a small pouch and pins it under her sash

Branwyn (Lisa) hides a dagger

Marisu (TMO)] (just realized I hadn't tweaked her spells this morning, but as much as I want Sound Bubble, I don't want to lose the others I already have)

[Snezana (Spring)] I kind of wish Kenna were here with her mallet

[Snezana (Spring)] it in no way identifies her as a priest

[Snezana (Spring)] and it works every time

Marisu (TMO) (to GM only)] Character sheet for [Marisu]] modified: Spells - CHANGED: Message -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Sound Bubble -- # Memorized: 01 (0),

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

Marisu (TMO)] (decided to drop Message for Sound Bubble)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes Kenna is quite adept with her mallet

Snezana (Spring) makes sure she's got her sap

Marisu (TMO)] (I don't remember - did we decide to keep Marisu with her crossbow, her rapier, or just a dagger?)

Marisu (TMO)] (this was the situation where only one weapon was allowed, right?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I thought you guys decided to weapon up)

[Master] you all were deciding what weapons would should be here

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Branwyn is not going to brandish anything)

Marisu (TMO)] (Branwyn doesn't *need* to. :P Branwyn is a weapon)

[Master] Etienne’s quote about fireballs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (liked that yes)

[Master] Michael are you paying attention?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (but we have rooms 73-75 so why is Hugh watching us undress anyways...)

[Master] getting to a point where a female NPC will be spending time with a male PC

Marisu (TMO)] (horrors!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Nope

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Sorry bob. Craziness happening over here

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] One sec

[Master] ok

Marisu (TMO)] (I think the weapons thing was more for the trip than here?)

Marisu (TMO)] http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.20180727c

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (up to you all how you want to play it)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Branwyn’s dagger is strapped to her thigh under the dress)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Sorry, I haven’t gone home yet. So sitting at my cube, when the monitors all shut off. Had to reboot the floors power. My laptop was running on battery for a bit

Marisu (TMO)] (what is Anastacia carrying?_)

[Master] Her sword at her waist

Marisu (TMO)] (we can take a cue from her)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (last recourse kind of thing)

[Master] over her dress

Marisu (TMO)] (fancy dress scabbard, I'm sure)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Hugh will carry his sword as a "ceremonial" weapon

[Marisu]] (TMO) buckles on her rapier. A crossbow is a much more odd item to carry inside a mansion.

Marisu (TMO)] (and of course a dagger as a tool)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (not if you have a balcony seat)

Marisu (TMO)] (LOOOLLL

Snezana (Spring) thinks again and stashes her dagger on her person as well

[Carissa] Early morning for me. I think this is a good place for me to duck out.

[Master] NOOOO

[Snezana (Spring)] (gnite Carissa!!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you will be in next week?)

[Master] about to get .......

[Carissa] No what?

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] gnite Carissa :_)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (late?)

[Master] complicated

[Snezana (Spring)] (I think the webpage says Carissa will not be in next week or the one after)

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (nice to meet you)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Poor bob

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (LOL - because it was so simple before)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] :)

[Carissa] Dunno. Friend coming into town so depends on our plan, but if I want to beat your player of the year record, I need to be in at least briefly ;)

Marisu (TMO)] (yeah, Lisa is vulnerable - she's missed one whole night this year!)

[Carissa] And that won't happen ever again! Pretty sure.

[Snezana (Spring)] (one entire night!!!!!)

[Master] Time of Day: 06:24 PM. Day 13 Ced ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 13th, 345 SKR.

[Master] Eventually, it will be time for the reception in the ballroom (room 28), a grand event where sumptuous buffet tables await the hungry while skilled musicians perform dance music from the balcony above. Most of the family and guests wander about the ballroom, chatting with friends and relations, returning to the buffet from time to time for a light snack or to freshen their drink, and taking an occasional turn on the dance floor. The guests of honor, Magdalene and Andre-David, spend the entire evening dancing together. During the dance, the PCs may overhear bits of several interesting conversations between Guillaume and Janette (Track 14), between Claude and Father Simon (Track 15), and between Marie-Helene, Jean-Louis, and Isidore (Track 16). Both Young Michel (Track 17) and Dian de Moriamis (Track 18) will openly flirt with attractive PCs of the opposite sex; "Isidore" (Carmina) may also forget herself far enough to flirt with an attractive male PC, much to "Richard's" displeasure (and no doubt to the PC's dismay once they realize that Isidore is both married and the reigning princess). Anyone who approaches the buffet will be ordered around like a lackey by the boorish Georges (Track 19). Eventually Magdalene will shyly ask Hugh to dance. At some point during the dance when no one is near enough to overhear, she leans forward and whispers in his ear:

Marisu (TMO)] (the afternoon went quick)

[Carissa] (Want me to give you 10 more minutes so I learn how complicated or go now before my head hurts more? ;P)

[Master] let us see if we can make it explode

[Carissa] Think you did that with the snails, but okay.

[Marisu]] (TMO) dons Kevlar

[Master] and Michael?

[Master] is Hugh ready?

[Master] Magdalene d' Ambreville moved 28'05".

Marisu (TMO)] (as the only Male)

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 29'09".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray targets Magdalene d' Ambreville. Distance: 0'10"

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Oh jeeze

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I'm here

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) It is so nice of you to come to my wedding

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Bows deeply

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) dances

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] The honor is mine

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) lets Hugh lead

Marisu (TMO)] (I thought Monique asked Hugh to dance?)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Casually leader her through paces as dances morph into waltzes and adagios

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) leans in "something's terribly wrong." She makes an appointment for Hugh to come to her room in half an hour

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Glances at Magdalene, startles

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) glances around

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "M'Lady? Are you okay?"

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) please come

Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master) frightened smile

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Eyes glance around. Hand rests casually on sword hilt

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (tmo - just know that it is the bride)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Grim

[Magdalene d' Ambreville (Master)] and ducks away

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Whispers "Fuck"

[Master] Magdalene d' Ambreville moved 12'01".

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Glances around looking for Branwyn

Marisu (TMO)] (you cad! And with a lady about to be wed!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] For any of the group

[Master] Branwyn moved 12'03".

Lisa is receiving the map first level...

Lisa has received the map first level.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (So Hugh is actively searching for an "unoccupied" member of the party)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (quick do Carissa's part next so she can book it out)

[Master] Branwyn is nearby

[Master] as is Thistle

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (After Carissa)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (I will go to Branwyn)

[Master] That was what I wanted Carissa to see

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] You good Carissa?

Marisu (TMO)] (quick! pick the married woman or the underage child!)

[Carissa] Just that something is wrong in Denmark? ;)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] LOLOL

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Another Great quote for the evening

Marisu (TMO)] (/me notes down Hugh's choice thoughtfully. "I see...")

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] OOC rolls eyes at TMO

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] OOC You gossip worse than a southern church lady

Marisu (TMO)] (I'm not judging! ... out loud)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] :)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Okay bob

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Casually walks towards Branwyn

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) "May I have this Dance. It's important"

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Whispering the last two words

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Why of course. Thank you Hugh

Branwyn (Lisa) takes his hand and follows him to the dance floor

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Carefully assumes the pose of the latest Waltz and begins dancing

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "I need to be quick so your husband doesn't stab me"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Tiberius is here?

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Carefully speaking softly as they dance

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (No but someone might let it slip :) )

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (I don't want o come home and be stabbed :)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I told him not to follow me!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "No, no. I just don't want to start any rumors."

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Shaking head softly

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But even if he is here, he wouldn't mind me dancing.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "That's not the point sorry"

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "Don't be silly."

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Gracefully waltzes

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "We have a problem"

Branwyn (Lisa) slightly disappointed Tiberius isn't here

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) murmuring softly

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Another one?

Marisu (TMO)] (Dance proficiency check!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "No, a worse one"

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (F You TMO Don't give bob IDEAS)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (This is hard enough on me :) )

Marisu (TMO)] (hehehehe >_>)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "It's about Magdalene"

[Carissa] He thought he was dancing a waltz. It was really a two-step.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes?

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (one sec while I compose his)

Marisu (TMO)] (Lisa - just substitute 'Lord Tiberius' into this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "She came up for a dance. And said that something was terribly wrong and that she needed help and for me to come at a set time. She seemed scared."

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "How do you want me to handle this?"

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "She seemed really scared"

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "D'Ambray's don't do scared. They do concerned at worse"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then you should likely go, shouldn't you.

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Shakes his head while plastering on a polite smile as he twirls her and continues dancing

[Carissa] Go, Hugh, Go! Okay now this time really, night all!

Carissa has left the game on Fri Nov 02 22:33:22 EDT 2018

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not sure you can save her from her marriage.

[Snezana (Spring)] (gnite!!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is done.

Marisu (TMO)] (bye)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "I don't think so. I don't think there is any funny business going on, but the woman is about to be married. I won’t go alone, and certainly not as an unaccompanied Male

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "I need some backup"

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "Who would you recommend?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Any one of us would be willing.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Marisu likely has the calmest head on her shoulders.

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Frowns slightly, as if a turn didn't go the way he'd planned. I don't think it's the wedding. She seems really sad, as if something were about to happen.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "This means that while me and whoever are going to check this out are gone...

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "You should probably stay close to the rest of them"

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Nods at the group

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can do that.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Perhaps you can bring your gift with you to this meeting.

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) The waltz ends. Bows deeply. "Thank you for the dance M'Lady. It was an honor." Escorts her back to the buffet

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Yes)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] In case you are interrupted you have an excuse

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Smiles Grimly. "I hope that it the worst thing that could happen. Don't you?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Depends on what she says I suppose.

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Nods darkly. "I don't like this M'lady. Something's rightly off about this whole thing"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hugh... you can't fix this family or the situation in Drillian.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If what she asks is too large, you can say no.

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Quirks side of mouth up. "No, but that doesn't mean I should watch this family commit political suicide... or actual suicide."

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Nods

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But if you say yes, we will try to help.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "Indeed"

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Nods again'

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "And that is why I chose to pledge service to you."

[Master] Time of Day: 06:55 PM. Day 13 Ced ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 13th, 345 SKR.

[Master] it is a half hour now

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Okay and that's a wrap for Bran/Hugh?)

[Master] Is Hugh going up to Magdalene’s room?

[Master] Monique sorry

Branwyn (Lisa) walks to Snee and explains where Hugh is going

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you are switching the M ladies again)

[Master] no Magdalene is the person you are visiting sorry

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (I hate to ask bob, but can that wait until next week? I really want to go home soon and there is plenty of other conversations to go on down here isn't there? I don't mind, but I really wanted to be invested in this

[Master] and yes almost made that mistake caught it in time

Snezana (Spring) nodding

[Master] Magdalene d' Ambreville moved 161'05".

[Snezana (Spring)] would you like me to follow him? just in case?

[Master] actually no sorry Michael

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] A

[Master] need just a couple more minutes then Hugh can go

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] alright send me up

[Master] you are almost set

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think he is bring Marisu for diplomatic support

[Master] are you taking anyone with you?

Snezana (Spring) nodding again

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (I'm not trying to be an ass BTW, just an awkward situation in the real work :) ) And yes Marisu

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (She can kick ass if needed)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Better than me. I am not in the mood for someone asking for another favor today

[Master] so I need an Intuition check from Marisu please

Marisu (TMO)] (woop, I'm up!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I could have stayed in Dryads Lair for that!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Oh god. AN INU Check from TMO

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: INU check: (d20) [1d20=20] 20 - ROLL FAILED against 16!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] fingers crossed!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Dammit

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Marisu]] (TMO) hits her head on the door.

Marisu (TMO)] (you called it Hugh)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (what's wrong with walking in blind?)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Alright, guest number two?

[Master] Huh, that is an interesting iron statue there in the hall outside of Magdalene’s room

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (more fun that way)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (I don't want the appearance of impropriety. And a giant ass golem ready to stab me. How about that?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (relax....)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Sigh

Marisu (TMO)] (Yep. sure is interesting. I'm sure it's completely innocent and has nothing whatsoever to do with the aforementioned 'golems')

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] If I die, I will haunt your asses

[Master] Turn your speakers on

Marisu (TMO)] (one sec - I have to turn sounds on)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Carefully walking towards the meeting place. Lugging a massive chest of silver as a frontal shield

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Also typing today is like a drunken monkey)

Marisu (TMO)] (do a test sound)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Actually a monkey could type better)

Marisu (TMO)] (I heard that)

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (I thought Hugh wasn't going into the room...)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Marisu didn't get the memo :) )

Marisu (TMO)] (unescorted. he has an escort)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (of course he is - don't be silly)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Failed her INU check)

[Master] Opening the unlocked door reveals the room in disarray and, in the center of it, Magdalene entrapped in large (10'xlO') piece of amber. She is quite dead, apparently from suffocation, a look of horror upon her face. On the floor lies a piece of paper.

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Drops the silver.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "Fuck"

[Master] Closer examination reveals that Magdalene is indeed dead, the victim of a cursed scroll slipped under her door minutes before. When she read the scroll, she activated the amber death spell inscribed on it (a lethal variant of sepia snake sigil)

Marisu (TMO)] (but we just heard a scream?)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Weighs options for a moment

Marisu (TMO)] (ok)

[Master] actually not really just wanted that as a mood sound

[Master] you did not hear the screen

Marisu (TMO)] (oh, ok)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (it takes a couple seconds for the amber to travel up her body)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (give the magic a break)

[Master] but wanted you to know this was a DUM DUM DUM

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) decides to leave before he can be caught. Tires to memorize the scroll.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] one moment

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] don't do anything bob

Marisu (TMO)] Branwyn will want to see the scroll

[Master] pauses

[Master] you can ask questions

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] One sec

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (don't touch it!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Hugh D'Ambray: Information Gathering check: (d20) [1d20=9] 9 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Hugh D'Ambray: Reading/writing check: (d20) [1d20=18] 18 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 19!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Hugh D'Ambray: Linguistics - only after 3 other languages are known check: (d20) [1d20=10] 10 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 19!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Tries to memorize as much about the scene of the crime in the few seconds he has. He does not want to be caught in his type of situation

[Master] Marisu would know not to touch it if it is a cursed scroll and Hugh has seen lots of scrolls erupt into hell hounds, etc.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Memorizes the scroll in particular

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Marisu is here?)

[Master] is Hugh looking at the scroll?

[Master] and yes Marisu is here with Hugh as backup

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I swear to god bob

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] If you kill me I will not log on for a month

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Yes Hugh is looking at the scroll

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks around for a safe way to collect the scroll. Bag, cloth, something that can pick it up without touching it herself.

[Master] ......

[Master] .......

[Snezana (Spring)] (if a scroll kills somebody, it's kind of a bad idea to look at it)

[Master] .......

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol - yes spring)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Wouldn't the spell be used up after a charge?

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Gods I hate semantics

[Master] and it is a blank piece of sheep skin

[Marisu]] (TMO) pushes Hugh's face to the side

[Master] nothing on it

[Snezana (Spring)] (whew)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (The hellhound spell sheets didn't work again, why would this one?)

[Snezana (Spring)] (because the rules are not always the same for every artifact)

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Gestures to Marisu, "Touch nothing"

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "Back out of the room slowly"

Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549) Leads her away. Picking up the chest."

[Master] (oh by the way Ryan, Branwyn is cursed by a demon because she stole his book and is now sending hell hounds and other things after her in the form of scrolls

[Marisu]] (TMO) casts a quick glance around the room for anything that looks significant.

[Master] So Hugh and Marisu are just leaving?

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=20] 20 - ROLL FAILED against 17!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] "We need to act like we just discovered this Marisu. I can say I was bringing a gift, but I'm not sure how to handle this. Should one of us keep a lookout? while the other investigates?"

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (I had that problem with an ex-girlfriend once)

Marisu (TMO)] *head desk*

[Marisu]] (TMO) trips over the rug.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Hugh D'Ambray: INU check: (d20) [1d20=1] 1 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 10!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] What do I feel I should be looking t Bob?

[Master] for a servant

Marisu (TMO)] ME! I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP

[Master] AND

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Did I miss the obvious guys? Did a servant likely slip the curse under the door?)>>ic<< [Master] If that is a golem there in the hallway RIGHT OUT SIDE OF HER ROOM it must be set to only let certain people enter

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol Ryan!)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Oh fucking goody

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] So We could enter.

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] And probably not leave

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] Bob I so hate you right now

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I need to leave this for next week

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] I want to go home

[Master] extra points to anyone who remembers Camille’s words?

Marisu (TMO)] (I think he means that it would have to be somebody *allowed* who could deliver the scroll)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Also pardon language this week. Not sure what my deal is)

Marisu (TMO)] (she let the golems know we were allowed)

[Master] there we go

[Master] and now Michael if you need to leave

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Oh that's right. WHEW)

[Master] TMO can handle this now

[Master] grins

Marisu (TMO)] (yes, anything that doesn't require a die roll is fine)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Are you sure TMO? If you really want, I can stay)

Marisu (TMO)] (you take care of yourself, guy)

[Hugh D'Ambray (mharm-15549)] (Thanks guys. My heart is now pounding. Whew. See you al next week!)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (if you get home fast enough log back in)

mharm-15549 has left the game on Fri Nov 02 22:54:43 EDT 2018

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (nice to meet you bye)

[Master] So TMO

Marisu (TMO)] (I'm expecting 1's the next combat)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (thank god it's just a corpse and not some rescue mission!)

[Master] what is Marisu going to do with the soon to be bride dead in an amber case?

Marisu (TMO)] (yeah, just a dead body)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I thought she was going to ask Hugh to take her away etc.)

[Master] lol

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (dead we can work with)

[Snezana (Spring)] (I thought she was going to give him some more specific warning)

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (if I roll a necromancer, you can still go through with the wedding)

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (just saying)

[Master] lol

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (aren't we at the reception after the wedding?)

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (joke ruined...)

[Marisu]] (TMO) straightens the rug that she tripped over. She adjusts her belt and tries to look around quickly before leaving (as Hugh wanted).

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sorry - I'm not sure actually)

[Master] the night before

Marisu (TMO)] (not sure if you'll allow her to find anything after that botched roll, but she will leave and close the door behind them.

[Snezana (Spring)] (oh, yeah that's not gonna be so great)

[Snezana (Spring)] (apropos nothing, the rain sounds so nice on my roof)

Marisu (TMO)] (glad we don't have any - we need to dry out)

[Snezana (Spring)] (I do wish I’d put the jacks in under my house earlier today as planned. the wind is rocking me more than I like)

Marisu (TMO)] (I've read too many murder mysteries - the common sense thing would be to bring the murder to someone's attention. But in fiction then I'm the key suspect)

[Snezana (Spring)] (or Hugh at the least)

[Snezana (Spring)] (but probably both)

[Mario-yoga] I am back at the keyboard.

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (back)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (for the duration)

Marisu (TMO)] (I guess we head back to the party to find Branwyn)

[Master] so back at the party still going strong

[Master] Mara and Branwyn and Snee huddled there

Mario-yoga is receiving the map first level...

[Marisu]] (TMO) steps up next to Branwyn's elbow. "Well. That wasn't what I was expecting."

[Master] Marisu comes down and finds them by the drink table

Mario-yoga has received the map first level.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What did she want?

[Marisu]] (TMO) grasps her elbow and whispers into her ear, "She was dead, frozen in amber. Looks like a cursed scroll."

Marisu (TMO)] (did we manage to salvage the scroll?)

Branwyn (Lisa) eyes widen

[Master] yes

[Master] You have the blank cursed scroll in your possession, you took it from the room with you

[Marisu]] (TMO) whispers, "If it can help, I have the scroll."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You what?

Marisu (TMO)] I didn't touch it. Directly.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Why on earth did you take it?

Marisu (TMO)] I thought you'd want to see it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That was like taking a dagger out of someone's chest

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It explains how it happened and you took it?

[Master] (welcome back Mario! grins)

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (can’t wait to read the chat when its posted)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Have you told anyone? Anyone see you in the room?

[Marisu]] (TMO) purses her lips. "Oh. Well... it was apparently magical, so I thought, bring it to the expert. In my defense, I had just bumped my head..."

[Master] Mara can ask questions

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (like: What happened in the last four hours??)

Marisu (TMO)] I don't think so.

Marisu (TMO)] (murder most foul)

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (my son lost a tooth and my daughter fell asleep on the couch)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Someone may have seen you and Hugh that you did not see. Better to report it I think than not.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Are you ready for that?

Marisu (TMO)] (Hugh danced with the bride-to-be, she said that there was something wrong and to come to his room in 30 minutes. He brought Marisu, the bride was dead, encased in amber, when we got there. Cue TMO rolling to critical failures in a row)

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks around for Petit-Singe

Branwyn (Lisa) waves Anastacia over

[Master] Off in the corner

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (hloy sith!)

[Master] She comes over

[Snezana (Spring)] (LOL Mario!!!)

[Snezana (Spring)] (seriously LOLing)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Anastacia, we need to report the bride murdered to Dame Camille.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Excuse me?

Anastacia Eustace (Master) blinks

Marisu (TMO)] (by which, she means, 'hloy sith')

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes.

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (they are also panicking because they took a scroll from the crime scene and now have it on them)

[Snezana (Spring) (to Ryan(Un-Observant) only)] "hloy sith" is a new expression coined from a typo last week or the week before

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Magdalene told Hugh she wanted to speak with him.

[Ryan(Un-Observant) (to Spring only)] lol

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (we could use the scroll to freeze the Count)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] When Hugh and Marisu arrived she was encased in amber due to a cursed scroll

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] and with this crazy family he just willingly went along to see her alone in her chambers?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Marisu was there

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] Well that makes it so much better

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] OK

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Was he to refuse her?

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I have no idea

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I would have just

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I do not know

Marisu (TMO)] She was apparently murdered by magic

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] If she had asked me it would have been much more fun then fending off

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] So Marisu was there

[Branwyn (Lisa)] How could we expect to come in on a dead body?

Marisu (TMO)] Yes.

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] so go back there and discover the dead body

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] make a scene

[Marisu]] (TMO) exhales.

Marisu (TMO)] Okay.

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods. "I can do that."

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] WAIT

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] why would you be there?

Anastacia Eustace (Master) looks at Branwyn

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] This is when I wish Ilero was here

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] he is sneaky

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I told Hugh to bring his gift with him

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] he knows how to do these things

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] AHHH

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] that is good

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] yes

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] see you are the expert at these things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He's still carrying that chest

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] maybe the Dame was right

Branwyn (Lisa) points

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] you are going to solve this

Branwyn (Lisa) rolls eyes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No one has asked me to solve a murder

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] I thought her son was murdered?

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] or dead?

Marisu (TMO)] (JUST THE ENTIRE ARC OF DRYADS LAIR)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Just find a long lost mage ....

Marisu (TMO)] 0:D

[Anastacia Eustace (Master)] LOL LOL LOL

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (in the last few days!!!)

Marisu (TMO)] (you left that off! ;) )

[Master] sorry dying

Marisu (TMO)] (me too)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] :D

[Master] ok breathe

[Master] breathe

Marisu (TMO)] (so can I take Hugh back up with the chest to discover the body? Or do I need another muscle man?)

[Master] yes

[Master] I will allow Hugh to be there

[Marisu]] (TMO) composes herself. "Hugh, come along please."

[Master] anyone else going?

Marisu (TMO)] (let's see if the dice continue to screw me over)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (only if they want us to)

Marisu (TMO)] (should we take a priest to see if they notice something we'd miss?)

Marisu (TMO)] (with a high wisdom they have good perception)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (wait - I'll go)

Marisu (TMO)] (you do have the status and the title of Chosen One)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (memorized detect secret doors - helpful?)

Marisu (TMO)] (perhaps)

Marisu (TMO)] thumbs up

Marisu (TMO)] (more so than Sound Bubble)

[Snezana (Spring)] (heck should we all go?)

[Master] Magdalene d' Ambreville moved 28'04".

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 37'01".

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 37'07".

Marisu (TMO)] (let's bring whichever priest is a better liar)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (Mara won’t lie)

Marisu (TMO)] (then that's the other one)

[Snezana (Spring)] (Snee will happily lie)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Branwyn has also memorized silver tongue today)

[Snezana (Spring)] (will)

Marisu (TMO)] Snee

[Marisu]] (TMO) leads the way.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (took her indoor spells today)

[Master] SO Snee and Branwyn go upstairs

Marisu (TMO)] (no fireball?)

[Master] they notice the Iron Golem in the hallway by the top of the stairs

Snezana (Spring) pointing at it

[Master] As you enter Magdalene’s room

Marisu (TMO)] (are Marisu & Hugh staying below?)

[Master] they are there with Bran and Snee

[Master] all four of you

[Master] with a chest of silver

Marisu (TMO)] (ok, just the way you said it looked like JUST Bran and Snee)

Marisu (TMO)] (sorry for the misunderstanding)

Snezana (Spring) whispers "is this the part where we start screaming?"

[Marisu]] (TMO) opens the door.

Mario-yoga is receiving the map second level and attics...

Mario-yoga has received the map second level and attics.

[Master] (Ryan you can load any map with a character on it by double clicking that character)

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers "Wait. The golem!"

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (is Mara the only one left behind?)

Marisu (TMO)] What golem?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] They saw you before

Marisu (TMO)] (Anastacia can keep her company)

[Master] yes she is in the ballroom with Anastacia

[Snezana (Spring)] do golems testify?

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (ok, didn’t make sense for her to stay behind alone...)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Dame Camille said the golems would be told we could have access to the castle

Marisu (TMO)] What's a golem?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What I don't know is if they have memories

Marisu (TMO)] (with a 20 failure, I gotta figure on some ignorance)

[Snezana (Spring)] that statue in the hallway. it's a guard

[Master] She is a bard

Marisu (TMO)] (ok, strike the ignorance. ;) )

[Master] TMO might go with only knowing Flesh golems

[Master] and not Iron golems

[Branwyn (Lisa)] They would have alerted the household if someone entered who was not allowed.

Marisu (TMO)] (one sec, let me try a roll, just to see)

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: Identify Magic Item Purpose and Function check:(d100) [1d100=90] 90 - ROLL FAILED against 35!!

[Snezana (Spring)] (damn)

Marisu (TMO)] (yeah, we'll go with not a lot of knowledge)

[Master] grins

Marisu (TMO)] I haven't seen any golems yet, unless some of the guards are very well disguised.

[Snezana (Spring)] (maybe you should use a webcam and some physical dice)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (would Branwyn know if they have memories that they can report?)

Marisu (TMO)] (you think those would be any better? ;) )

[Master] knowledge check

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: KNO check: (d20) [1d20=8] 8 [MODIFIED (+1+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[Master] most golems are only programed to guard not remember

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (not sure if it is in her knowledge)

Marisu (TMO)] (/me applauds. I'll be the group's luck sink tonight)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All right. The first clue is that whoever did this has the run of the castle.

Marisu (TMO)] (of course, it was also my rolling that got us Charon's own personal cup in a pile of loot.)

Marisu (TMO)] ... like us?

Branwyn (Lisa) steps in the doorway

Branwyn (Lisa) smirks "Yes, like us"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against : Detect Secret Passages and Portals: I can search (11) 11 10'x10' areas. If they contain any secret doors or passages they glow for a turn.

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles. "Just checking. The scroll was right there on the floor."

Branwyn (Lisa) walks around the room quickly looking for secret doors

[Master] Branwyn spots a secret trap door on the ceiling that must lead up to the tower up above

Marisu (TMO)] (btw Ryan, Marisu is not a musical bard - she's a noble style bard, using words and speeches to rally and motivate. Not background music and inspiration)

Branwyn (Lisa) points up

Marisu (TMO)] (so your bard is still valid)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There's a trap door on the ceiling.

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (yay! validation!)

[Master] The quarters of Etienne's only sister reflect her fascination with woods . . . and woodsmen. The tables, chairs, armoires, chests, and bed are all crafted with bent, lacquered timbers, often with the bark still on them; between this unusual design and the brown and green coverings on them, they are certainly evocative of the forest. The walls are painted in green oak-leaf patterns, and the floor is of very dark wood planking. In Magdalene's room, the secret trap door leading up to room 107 is wizard locked (at 11th level); most of the time, the trap door is also mechanically locked.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No time to do anything with it now, but good to know

Branwyn (Lisa) looks around for anything obviously odd

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Observation check: (d20) [1d20=12] 12 [MODIFIED (+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

Marisu (TMO)] (may you have better luck than me)

[Master] other than the large woman sized block of amber

[Snezana (Spring)] (woo hoo!)

[Master] nothing strange in the room

Marisu (TMO)] Sne/zana, watch out for that rug. It's loose.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All right, let's report this thing.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You want to drop that scroll, Marisu?

[Marisu]] (TMO) starts. "Oh, yes, of course. And just follow my lead."

Branwyn (Lisa) nods

[Marisu]] (TMO) carefully places the scroll back on the floor.

[Master] Time of Day: 07:55 PM. Day 13 Ced ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 13th, 345 SKR.

Snezana (Spring) stepping carefully

[Snezana (Spring)] so is NOW when we scream?

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (lol)

[Marisu]] (TMO) winks.

[Marisu]] (TMO) shrieks at the top of her lungs, "GUARDS!! GUARDS!"

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: Acting check: (d20) [1d20=19] 19 - ROLL FAILED against 17!!

Marisu (TMO)] (oh you gotta be kidding me)

[Master] lol

Marisu (TMO)] is this where I rage quit?

[Snezana (Spring)] (ROFL!!)

[Snezana (Spring)] (let’s see if I do any better)

Marisu (TMO)] (table flip)

[Snezana (Spring)] Snezana: Acting check: (d20) [1d20=6] 6 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 10!!

[Master] SO guards come running from the two ends of the hallway

[Snezana (Spring)] "GUARDS!! GUARDS!"

[Master] they are startled and immediately start raising even more alarms

[Master] eventually Richard comes

[Master] demanding answers

[Master] ordering people around

[Master] He orders someone to go pray, to go be ready to raise her from the dead

[Master] he glares at Branwyn

[Snezana (Spring)] (pray?!?!?!)

[Snezana (Spring)] (WTF pray?!?!??!!)

Richard [Master] GO stay in your rooms

Richard [Master] I will get you for questioning

Branwyn (Lisa) nods and curtseys

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 174'03".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yeah priests suck until you really need one)

[Master] in the end it takes a handful of hours to get you into your rooms

Marisu (TMO)] (yeah, I'm no longer doing anything that requires dice rolls)

Marisu (TMO)] (you want talk, I can do that.)

[Master] you are alone

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (hey now!)

[Master] Time of Day: 01:55 AM. Day 14 Be ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 14th, 345 SKR.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol - you missed the earlier conversation)

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (I did)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This needs to be very simple

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (I’ll catch up when were done, it’s only 640 pm now)

[Snezana (Spring)] (these people are so anti-priests)

[Snezana (Spring)] (huge atheists bigots)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Richard saw Hugh with the chest.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hugh's family is related

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He wanted to present his gift.

Marisu (TMO)] (the kids are starting the go to bed process - I'm going to need to read to them shortly anyways)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We walked into that

[Master] (just ten minutes TMO)

Marisu (TMO)] (no worries, at least that for them to get ready)

[Snezana (Spring)] ok so we are all agreed on the story then

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (ha, it’s only 540 here!)

[Snezana (Spring)] no need to mention how the bride was scared out of her wits

[Snezana (Spring)] and rightly so it appears

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And we are lucky enough that all of that is actually true

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe if we had someone we could trust and who was sane to talk to, yes I would Snee

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But we can't trust anyone here but ourselves

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] yawns

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] wow it’s getting late

[Master] AND THEN EVERYONE FALLS ASLEEP

[Master] Time of Day: 02:10 AM. Day 14 Be ___ tre, Eap {Late Fall} 14th, 345 SKR.

[Master] and then Everyone wakes up

Marisu (TMO)] (another reason to not have elves)

[Master] Blinking

[Master] Branwyn looks outside

Marisu (TMO)] What ... what happened?

[Master] sees the moons shining down

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (huh? are they not trustworthy?)

[Master] the stars in the sky

[Master] Marisu looks around

Branwyn (Lisa) points

Marisu (TMO)] (elves are resistant to sleep)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I've never ....

[Master] grins, thank you Lisa

[Snezana (Spring)] uhm that was strange

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] (ah, got it. I thought I missed some good old Elf bashing)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not here

Marisu (TMO)] Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Look!

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] Santa?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Mara, come and see

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It's so beautiful

[Marisu]] (TMO) goes to the window.

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] what is it, Bran?

Mara (Mario-yoga) come running

[Master] THERE IS NO MIST

Branwyn (Lisa) steps aside to let her see too

[Snezana (Spring)] wait, what?!?!?!

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] I.. I don't...

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] believe this

Marisu (TMO)] Is it all gone do you think?

Marisu (TMO)] Everywhere?

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] the moon is SO bright!

[Master] and fade to blank..... When last we left our intrepid band of adventurers

[Master] next week

[Master] picking up at

[Master] is that enough twists for you to start an adventure?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think so

[Spring] that's some twists

[Mara (Mario-yoga)] yay, we can cast Heal!

[Spring] a whole ecology has built up around the mist. if it vanished, then what the heck happens to the environment

[Branwyn (Lisa)] we know the mist is not gone

[TMO] Bob - is the 95 version a boxed set?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] the other group is swimming in it

[Master] LOL TMO

[Branwyn (Lisa)] there is one serious badass mage at this estate....

[Spring] doesn't it shift around some? maybe the boundary shifted

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hmmmm who could that be?

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Lisa] there was mist when we arrived

[Lisa] only at night

[Lisa] only here

[Lisa] magic is afoot

Marisu (TMO)] I hope it's gone forever.

[Lisa] powerful powerful magic

Marisu (TMO)] Maybe whatever first summoned it was destroyed?

[Master] I will give you one last Intuition for the night

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Marisu, I have a feeling it will be back in the morning

[Marisu]] (TMO) frowns. "I hope not."

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: INU check: (d20) [1d20=18] 18 - ROLL FAILED against 16!!

Marisu (TMO)] I KNEW IT

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: INU check: (d20) [1d20=16] 16 - ROLL FAILED against 11!!

[Master] there we go

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (The Mist was inside you all along. You just had to believe!)

[Master] so next week we start with that as our base line

[Mario-yoga] Mara: INU check: (d20) [1d20=17] 17 - ROLL FAILED against 16!!

[Spring] hahahaha

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Branwyn is not known for her wisdom but she bets a gp on the Mist in the morning)

[Mario-yoga] wow

[Master] and chuckles at Ryan

[Master] so that was a fun start

[Master] lots of good stuff

Marisu (TMO)] (nonono - I'm supposed to be the bad luck sink. You are all supposed to roll well to balance out my crap)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I think I have solved it)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (much easier than snails)

[Spring] captain smarty pants

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (or much easier as Branwyn?)

[Master] chuckles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (watch me be totally wrong)

[Spring] well I guess we'll see next week

[TMO] Can I take a digital hammer to these digital dice?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I just have a working hunch at the moment)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (next week will be better)

[Master] grins

[TMO] I think I have a vague memory, so I recuse myself from theorizing

[Master] SO Ryan what questions do you have?

[Master] and or comments

[Lisa] Glad you came in Ryan! Hope we didn't scare you off

[Master] TMo go put the kids to bed, I will save and close out soon

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (You can't see me, but I am typing this while hiding under my desk)

[Lisa] lol

TMO pauses from putting the water bucket on the door frame. ".. should I not be doing this?"

[TMO] g'nite all.

[TMO] thanks for the game

[Lisa] Goodnight!

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] (night. nice to meet you)

[TMO] same. hope you return

[Mario-yoga] thanks all, can’t wait to read all this

[Lisa] I'm outta here too :)

[Spring] gnite TMO!

[Master] waves

[Lisa] Aloha Mario

[Mario-yoga] I got a sunset to watch!

TMO has left the game on Fri Nov 02 23:53:14 EDT 2018

[Master] hah

Lisa has left the game on Fri Nov 02 23:53:16 EDT 2018

[Spring] gnite Lisa!

[Mario-yoga] aloha!!

[Spring] gnite Mario!

Mario-yoga has left the game on Fri Nov 02 23:53:35 EDT 2018

[Master] SO Ryan not quite the traditional table top game

[Master] but we do have a lot of fun and roleplay is at the forefront

[Master] Klooge handles all the rule stuff as you saw

[Spring] and we value creative solutions over the old bash-n-chop

[Master] so you only have to be able to RP

[Spring] although fighting works too, we just don't leap to it as readily as we used to

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] Seems like a great group

[Master] everyone gets along, no one lets someone get sidelined for too long

[Master] everyone gets a chance to speak up

[Master] and team work is the most valued thing

[Master] Hope you get to come back next week

[Master] feel free to ask lots of questions

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] Definitely

[Master] and part way through the session there should be a speaking part for you next week

[Master] one of the wedding guests

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] You may regret that decision

[Master] IF the wedding happens, now that the bride is dead

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] Even my wife says that there are times when I shouldn't be allowed to speak

[Master] shrugs

[Master] things happen

[Spring] :-)

[Master] have a great night you two

[Master] see you next week!

[Spring] gnite BOB! gnite Ryan!

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] night. Thanks for the game!

Spring has left the game on Fri Nov 02 23:57:50 EDT 2018

[Ryan(Un-Observant)] It was fun to watch/read

Ryan(Un-Observant) has left the game on Fri Nov 02 23:58:17 EDT 2018

[Master] Shi'Nynze XP award: 200. Next level in 88652.

[Master] Mara XP award: 100. Next level in 5882.

[Master] Snezana XP award: 250. Next level in 44742.

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 250. Next level in 184564.

[Master] [Marisu]] XP award: 200. Next level in 24102.

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray XP award: 200. Next level in 96378.


XP awarded